NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked

Go down

Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked Empty Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:50 pm

20th March 2014

I'll bet she's on benefits. I'm sure you've all seen the video - if not, click on the link.

A Londonderry woman, who was captured on camera being left in a bus lay-by by two police officers while incapacitated, has called for the officers to be sacked.

Bridget Mongan, 23, admits being drunk at the time, but said the officers should have left her on the pavement.

She said she "could've been killed".

The incident happened on John Street in Derry on Monday and is being investigated by the Police Ombudsman.

The BBC obtained CCTV footage that showed the moments leading up to the incident on St Patrick's Day.

The officers in the mobile phone video have been identified, police said.

Two investigators have been appointed.

"My boyfriend was arrested and I got a bit upset," said Ms Mongan.

"I could have been killed stone dead. What they did to me is totally unacceptable.

Bridget Mongan told BBC Radio Foyle: "I could have been killed"

"I don't remember how I ended up lying on the road. I don't remember a whole lot," she added.

"It's not their job to do that. I cried when I saw the footage. I am a human being you know.

"They should lose their job now. If they did to me, they could do it to everyone.

"I am an alcoholic and I'm not proud of it but they what they did on Monday was unacceptable."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-26660733

Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked _7369810

Back to top Go down

Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked Empty Re: Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 pm

The thing is she is right - they should not have left her there. It is sometimes impossible to tell the difference between totally drunk and been drinking and suffered a head injury (that is before you go into all the other medical conditions that can appear as drunk without any alcohol involvement)

My eldest suffered a head injury when he had been drinking - luckily because he was with someone who could call me he spent the night in A&E under observation - if he had been alone a police officer could easily have decided he was just drunk and left him. As it is we have a laugh about it and tease him - and are very grateful to excellent medical staff who looked past the drinking and took a proper history and treated his concussion. It could have been very different.

If I find someone passed out or incapacitated I call for medical help - because sometimes it is not just the drink or even not the drink at all.

Back to top Go down

Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked Empty Re: Police Leave Drunk Woman Lying In Bus Lane - She Wants Them Sacked

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Or diabetic.   My uncle saved the life of a diabetic who had gone into a coma.   People were stepping over him in the street, muttering 'bloody drunk'.   If he hadn't called an ambulance the diabetic wouldn't have survived.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:21 pm

This woman aint worried about others.

I'm guessing she's worried about the benefits of being a p1ss head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:25 pm

No she might not be interested in others - however the police officers are paid and trained to be interested in others and they were wrong to leave her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down