NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

+7
Original Quill
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Major
HoratioTarr
Syl
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Empty Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

She was told to go out and buy heels between 2'' and 4'' as flats were not acceptable.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/669246/Doctor-Who-actress-City-receptionist-sacked-fired-wearing-HEELS
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Empty Re: Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

Post by Original Quill Fri May 13, 2016 4:45 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Why do you  need to wear a suit to be taken seriously?   It's the same principle as making a woman wear heels for no other reason than it's deemed 'professional' looking.

It's stupid, but it's the culture in many professional circles. Maybe someday we'll have lawyers showing up to court in T-shirts and jeans, but not today.

Are you kidding? In Arizona we went to court in t-shirt and jeans all the time.

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 7db11a421ba19b491b0c2cccf2ce295b

Only in Federal Court were they so persnickety.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Empty Re: Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 13, 2016 9:33 am

What kind of dress code insists that woman wear heels? A sexist one obviously. Why does a receptionist need to wear high heels? To look taller? To attract men?

What a load of cobblers, and she would have won in court if it had gone that far.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 13, 2016 9:36 am

Also, high heels can damage you, whereas a suit or whatever wouldn't. They could have fallen foul of the disability laws too. Someone with dodgy knees or hips wouldn't be wearing heels.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 10:11 am

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:

I expect her hair wasn't a priority in there lol

LOL....her hair was awful anyway...she was just a bitchy woman. Laughing

There are so many of them about, and a lot of bitchy men.   Mind you, they aren't so clever about it as women are eh Stormee?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 4:22 pm

sassy wrote:There are so many about Syl Twisted Evil   Come across a few in my time.  Had one, who when my youngest grandaughter was born, was only 2 1/2 lbs, was tranferred from Colchester to St Georges in London, stopped breathing twice on the way.   I was in Taunton and said I was going to leave straight away.  She told me I was making a fuss about nothing and I would have to wait.  Told her to try and stop me.   Luckily, when I came back, the MD tood my side.

That's way more than bitchy...downright nasty. Twisted Evil
One memory I have of a really horrible bitchy woman was one of the nurses at the clinic I attended with my new son. She used to speak to my OH when she was discussing his feeding...completely ignoring me even though I was breastfeeding . Rolling Eyes
The final straw was when (a few months later) she nastily accused me of not feeding him a proper diet ....I was upset (first and only child brings out all the emotions) I took son to the Dr's and he said IGNORE her...son was happy, healthy, thriving and obviously getting every nourishment he needed.

I never forgot that cow though. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 13, 2016 4:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:

I didn't see that bit.  I never wear, and have never worn, skin make-up.   Eye make up and lipstick which could have something to do with my skin being so good now.   No way would I wear a make up they told me.

Me neither.   I hate foundation.

I use it - a powder one, and only a bit. I hate lipstick though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 4:25 pm

eddie wrote:No Syl, I'm no women's libber either really. I wear feminine clothes and always revel in my femininity.

Though when challenged to a game of cheese-throwing, for instance, I can become strangely male.

Absolutely no idea why I mentioned cheese-throwing? Never done it, watched it nor do I want to.

Cheese throwing doesn't come instantly to mind really Eddie....how odd. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Also, high heels can damage you, whereas a suit or whatever wouldn't. They could have fallen foul of the disability laws too. Someone with dodgy knees or hips wouldn't be wearing heels.

Exactly....It's sexist and ridiculous.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Me neither.   I hate foundation.

I use it - a powder one, and only a bit. I hate lipstick though.

I don't mind lipstick so long as it's not sticky. But I loathe lip gloss!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Hate foundation and I'm proud of my complexion.
Mascara, lipstick, clean hair and nice underwear.

All you need when you go out the door.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Pale lipstick outlined with lip pencil, dark eyeshadow, dark liner and mascara...that's me done.

I tried a rich red lippy not long ago...it aged me by about 10 years, never again.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 13, 2016 6:36 pm

I LOVE TO WEAR MINI SKIRTS BUT NOW MY LEGS ARE TO FAT!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 6:56 pm

nicko wrote:I LOVE TO WEAR MINI SKIRTS BUT NOW MY LEGS ARE TO FAT!

Top tip Nicko...wear a daringly low cut top to detract attention away. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Syl wrote:Pale lipstick outlined with lip pencil, dark eyeshadow, dark liner and mascara...that's me done.

I tried a rich red lippy not long ago...it aged me by about 10 years, never again.

I've got the kind of lips that look like a whores lips with red lipstick on lol!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Pale lipstick outlined with lip pencil, dark eyeshadow, dark liner and mascara...that's me done.

I've got the kind of lips that look like a whores lips with red lipstick on lol!

Laughing
I had a friend who swore she looked like a transvestite if she put lipliner on...and to be fair she did a bit because she had thin lips.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Hahahahahahaha some transvestites are so attractive!!
I quite like a man in eyeliner.

The most unattractive men to me, are the ones who try too hard and look like they've spent the day in a beauty salon.

I like a man to look and smell like a man.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 13, 2016 9:13 pm

SYL,due to the drug i take for cancer [Prostep] i have a great pair of boobs, i might try the low neckline.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 13, 2016 10:46 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahahahahaha some transvestites are so attractive!!

The most unattractive men to me, are the ones who try too hard and look like they've spent the day in a beauty salon.

You don't like a man to look as though he's spent a day in the beauty salon, yet you like a man in eyeliner?

I don't want a man who wears women's clothes or make up. That's my department. Each to their own, but I like masculine men.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

You don't like a man to look as though he's spent a day in the beauty salon, yet you like a man in eyeliner?  

I don't want a man who wears women's clothes or make up. That's my department.  Each to their own, but I like masculine men.

Me too, a man's man HoratioTarr Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Yum10

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miffs2 Sat May 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:No Syl, I'm no women's libber either really. I wear feminine clothes and always revel in my femininity.

Though when challenged to a game of cheese-throwing, for instance, I can become strangely male.

Absolutely no idea why I mentioned cheese-throwing? Never done it, watched it nor do I want to.

Cheese throwing doesn't come instantly to mind really Eddie....how odd. Laughing
Just be grateful she never mentioned Tuna wraps!  Don't ask!  pale
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat May 14, 2016 1:41 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't want a man who wears women's clothes or make up. That's my department.  Each to their own, but I like masculine men.  

Absolutely!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 14, 2016 1:48 pm

eddie wrote:Hate foundation and I'm proud of my complexion.
Mascara, lipstick, clean hair  and nice underwear.

lol! lol! lol!
Eddie did you just say Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 265384880
Mascara, lipstick, clean hair and nice underwear
is all you wear out the door
Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 4152582110
you must give the neighbors a thrill
really the devil
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat May 14, 2016 1:53 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Eddie did you just say Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 265384880
Mascara, lipstick, clean hair  and nice underwear
really the devil
lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Stormee wrote:Females walk around supermarketz in very high heelz, I an told they hurt onez feet, ankulz, legz and back, is it true????

Yes it's true Stormee but it doesn't stop me wearing them.  I pretty much wear heels all the time unless I'm working in the garden or it's warm enough for flip flops (I have a flip flop obsession) Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Embarr10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 2:16 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Mascara, lipstick, clean hair  and nice underwear
really the devil

She's a naughty girl that one Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Boobs10

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat May 14, 2016 2:18 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Stormee wrote:Females walk around supermarketz in very high heelz, I an told they hurt onez feet, ankulz, legz and back, is it true????

Yes it's true Stormee but it doesn't stop me wearing them.  I pretty much wear heels all the time unless I'm working in the garden or it's warm enough for flip flops (I have a flip flop obsession) Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Embarr10
Remember the cobblestones?! Thought I was going to have to give you a piggy back!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Remember the cobblestones?! Thought I was going to have to give you a piggy back!

Haha! My heels have been the cause of many an injury.  When I first started work I fell down some concrete Subway steps in my stilettos.  I had to drag myself up the stairs to bed as I couldn't walk Sad

Then of course there was the elbow incident  Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Embarr11

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat May 14, 2016 2:25 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Haha! My heels have been the cause of many an injury.  When I first started work I fell down some concrete Subway steps in my stilettos.  I had to drag myself up the stairs to bed as I couldn't walk Sad

Then of course there was the elbow incident  Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Embarr11
Yes but we are not entirely sure the heels caused the elbow, I think it was that second glass of wine lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Yes but we are not entirely sure the heels caused the elbow, I think it was that second glass of wine lol!

Who me???? Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Girl-m10

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

The longer I post here the more fascinating/unusual she becomes. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Yes, not to mention dignity.
The last time I wore very high heels I needed  to go to the loo in a posh restaurant. The floor was waxed and the loo seemed miles away. I did a good impression of Dick Emery's Mandy as I aimed in the right direction.
When I got back to the table my husband asked "what was you walking like that for?" Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 1794926327
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 2:40 pm

nicko wrote:SYL,due to the drug i take for cancer  [Prostep]   i have a great pair of boobs,   i might try the low neckline.

Oh bless you Nicko. I'm sure even with big boobs and a mini skirt you are still a lovely person to be around. x Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Syl wrote:

The last time I wore very high heels I needed  to go to the loo in a posh restaurant. The floor was waxed and the loo seemed miles away. I did a good impression of Dick Emery's Mandy as I aimed in the right direction.
When I got back to the table my husband asked "what was you walking like that for?" Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 1794926327

Oh lor, I remember Dick Emery's Mandy as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 2:47 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh lor, I remember Dick Emery's Mandy as well.

Oh you are awful...but I like you. booby shake
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Always used to make me giggle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Have a thank you Sassy....I am still giggling.
That walk at the end. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat May 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Honest Syl you have no idea!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol.....though I bet quite a few people who post on forums have odd quirks....no names. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

lol.....though I bet quite a few people who post on forums have odd quirks....no names. Razz

Absolutely Syl Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Angel_10 ............................no, I'm not telling Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Zip_it11

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 5:07 pm

I will if you will. Wink

Nope...just kidding. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 5:14 pm

Syl wrote:I will if you will. Wink

You nearly got me then Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Giggle11

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 5:17 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Syl wrote:I will if you will. Wink

You nearly got me then Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. - Page 2 Giggle11

Lol..and I love the giggling smiley.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2