NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!!

+4
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Eilzel
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! Empty i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:01 am

I was thinking that it is our bias that no longer allows us to read many posts, instead we see who wrote the post and assume it is either an attack, dig or just pee take...

if the posts were answered not the poster i think quite a bit of common ground would be found...

Back to top Go down

i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! Empty Re: i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:13 pm

i agree

Back to top Go down

i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! Empty Re: i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!!

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Try doing it then.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Eilzel wrote:Try doing it then.

we would get along i have no doubt . What do you reckon ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 pm

I am always skeptical, it has been tried before and rarely lasts a day. I always begin each new day willing to try however, but usually people can't let go- so we'll see how that goes.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Eilzel wrote:I am always skeptical, it has been tried before and rarely lasts a day. I always begin each new day willing to try however, but usually people can't let go- so we'll see how that goes.

it won't work on here the damage has already been done but if e met in real life without knowing we would get on, who's your fav football team or sports team..?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:45 pm

We would get on, I imagine until you openly declare you think gay people are depraved perverts who take it up the poop shoot.

In answer to the question Manchester City Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Eilzel wrote:We would get on, I imagine until you openly declare you think gay people are depraved perverts who take it up the poop shoot.

In answer to the question Manchester City Smile

Man city oh no we couldn't get on..lol... West ham best in the world.
your sexuality probably wouldn't even enter the discussion...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:51 pm

I tend to find with people I meet that questions about marital status and whether or not we have a partner come up often, with most people. Once someone brings up the subject of relationships my sexuality is automatically brought up, and I've never had a negative comment tbh.

Thesedays my engagement then also follows. So with people I meet within a week they probably know, and there is never a problem.

If I (or any engaged gay person) met you and the subject came up, would you express the kinds of views you do here?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Eilzel wrote:I tend to find with people I meet that questions about marital status and whether or not we have a partner come up often, with most people. Once someone brings up the subject of relationships my sexuality is automatically brought up, and I've never had a negative comment tbh.

Thesedays my engagement then also follows. So with people I meet within a week they probably know, and there is never a problem.

If I (or any engaged gay person) met you and the  subject came up, would you express the kinds of views you do here?

It never has bothered me Lez , i have gay friends and we don't discuss it , we just talk about normal things and that's how i prefer it Smile

No good talking to me about football though i can't stand the game Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Eilzel wrote:I tend to find with people I meet that questions about marital status and whether or not we have a partner come up often, with most people. Once someone brings up the subject of relationships my sexuality is automatically brought up, and I've never had a negative comment tbh.

If I (or any engaged gay person) met you and the  subject came up, would you express the kinds of views you do here?

I would yes, i would have to let you know that according to my beliefs you are not heading for heaven. i feel i would be wrong if i did not tell you but i would say the same to anyone who does not know Jesus....

What would be your reaction to knowing I pastor a Christian fellowship, would you tell me I am following a fairytale and the flying spaghetti monster is more believable??

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:15 pm

I wouldn't care for you telling me I wasn't going to heaven- but I would object to you calling me a depraved pervert.

I would accept your position in the church as I do others. If you asked me if I believed I'd say no and if we discussed further I would say why and what I think.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Eilzel wrote:I wouldn't care for you telling me I wasn't going to heaven- but I would object to you calling me a depraved pervert.

I would accept your position in the church as I do others. If you asked me if I believed I'd say no and if we discussed further I would say why and what I think.

there you go it would be quite amicable.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:48 pm

So in person you would never refer to gay people as depraved perverts?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Eilzel wrote:So in person you would never refer to gay people as depraved perverts?

it has been known but it varies wildly on their attitude...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:So in person you would never refer to gay people as depraved perverts?

It's hardly anything to boast about. Though you have said it on here, not to me I might add, just as a general comment. If we were talking generally and you expressed that opinion then we would not be getting along well at all.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 pm

I think any debate whether on forums or real life depends on attitude , we should be able to debate without name calling i think .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:

It's hardly anything to boast about. Though you have said it on here, not to me I might add, just as a general comment. If we were talking generally and you expressed that opinion then we would not be getting along well at all.

I wasn't a boast merely an answer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:36 pm

So it seems we probably all would get along, to begin with, until we got to know what views some of us held. I could never remain friendly with someone who honestly believes I am a pervert.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:So it seems we probably all would get along, to begin with, until we got to know what views some of us held. I could never remain friendly with someone who honestly believes I am a pervert.

that's probably why we tend to have friends that we have something in common ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:So it seems we probably all would get along, to begin with, until we got to know what views some of us held. I could never remain friendly with someone who honestly believes I am a pervert.

that's probably why we tend to have friends that we have something in common ...

We could have everything in common other than you stating I'm a pervert and that would be enough to break any potential for friendliness.

Nearly all my friends and work colleagues are straight yet we have things in common, and of course none of them think I'm a pervert.

It's kind of impossible to be nice or want to be nice to someone who thinks that way.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Eilzel wrote:

We could have everything in common other than you stating I'm a pervert and that would be enough to break any potential for friendliness.

Nearly all my friends and work colleagues are straight yet we have things in common, and of course none of them think I'm a pervert.

It's kind of impossible to be nice or want to be nice to someone who thinks that way.

I agree in the same way i would not befriend anyone who would call the bible nonsense and me being stupid for believing it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:57 pm

So I assume you have no none Christian friends? Since by definition they would think the Bible is nonesense.

Do you have any non Christian friends?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:20 pm

we have non Christian friends but they don't question our faith we pray for them at times when they need prayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Eilzel wrote:So I assume you have no none Christian friends? Since by definition they would think the Bible is nonesense.

Do you have any non Christian friends?

yes lots..

the majority of the american football team are not Christians...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:37 pm

I'd love to meet Didge because then I could give him a straight jacket.

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:39 pm

Well, like it or not the think the Bible is nonsense, if they didn't, they'd be believers.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:Well, like it or not the think the Bible is nonsense, if they didn't, they'd be believers.

some ask about the bible some like being prayed for and we pray before each game..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Eilzel wrote:Well, like it or not the think the Bible is nonsense, if they didn't, they'd be believers.

some ask about the bible some like being prayed for and we pray before each game..

Good afternoon HF.

If you & Eilzel did meet,would you bring up the subject of his homosexuality straight away or would you engage in polite conversation?

And Eizel,in the same situation would you bring up the subject of HFs religion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 pm

If I didn't know him it is unlikely his religion would up, it isn't a typical conversation among people I first meet haha.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Eilzel wrote:If I didn't know him it is unlikely his religion would up, it isn't a typical conversation among people I first meet haha.

But you do know him albeit an online relationship.So how do you think the meeting would progress?...Amicably?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

I know the question was directed to Lez here , but i think it would be a civilzed conversation as i know my husband and know he is a decent guy .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I know the question was directed to Lez here , but i think it would be a civilzed conversation as i know my husband and know he is a decent guy .

If they did meet up,I'd like to sit there with a pint & listen in Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Shady wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:I know the question was directed to Lez here , but i think it would be a civilzed conversation as i know my husband and know he is a decent guy .

it could be intersting i agree but i know it would be civilized Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:31 pm

I would be civil, no point in not being. And I would ask him face to face if he truly thought I was a pervert, I imagine some people do not say things IRL they say online.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Shady wrote:

You & me could sit there with a bowl of chilli con carne in addition to the pint & wait for the bomb to go off.

Do you like chilli?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Eilzel wrote:I would be civil, no point in not being. And I would ask him face to face if he truly thought I was a pervert, I imagine some people do not say things IRL they say online.

I'd be civil as well.....I wouldn't get involved i the conversation but I'd be civil.

Besides,I'd be troughing my pint & a chilli.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Shady wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

You & me could sit there with a bowl of chilli con carne in addition to the pint & wait for the bomb to go off.

Do you like chilli?

Yeah i like chilli con carne but not too hot for me lol lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Shady wrote:

Do you like chilli?

...me too, and leave out those ghastly beans i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! Carry_10

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Beans are okay, but most people put too many in their chili. Take a look at this for the proportion:

i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! 1006132

Mostly just a handful, for a large pot of chili. But mothers constantly think of filling up their kids, and not the side products. Rolling Eyes Lol.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:59 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

...me too, and leave out those ghastly beans i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! Carry_10

agree Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:Beans are okay, but most people put too many in their chili.  Take a look at this for the proportion:

i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! 1006132

Mostly just a handful, for a large pot of chili.  But mothers constantly think of filling up their kids, and not the side products.  Rolling Eyes  Lol.

That looks bloody scrummy , but i would have to take out the beans lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:29 pm

I usually don't talk about sexuality or religion when I first meet people -- probably an American cultural thing, we tend to keep it light at first. If I were to bump into any of you I'd be far more likely to ask about what it was like to live in your country, or maybe state, since we only have about a half-dozen American regulars here and no other Texans.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I usually don't talk about sexuality or religion when I first meet people -- probably an American cultural thing, we tend to keep it light at first. If I were to bump into any of you I'd be far more likely to ask about what it was like to live in your country, or maybe state, since we only have about a half-dozen American regulars here and no other Texans.

Sexuality and religion aren't generally priority subjects here either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I usually don't talk about sexuality or religion when I first meet people -- probably an American cultural thing, we tend to keep it light at first. If I were to bump into any of you I'd be far more likely to ask about what it was like to live in your country, or maybe state, since we only have about a half-dozen American regulars here and no other Texans.

Sexuality and religion aren't generally priority subjects here either.

I usually don't even ask people whether they have a partner, are married, etc. And I'm never the first one to bring up religion Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:56 pm

I would more likely do the same but some people are quite pushy, I knew one guy and meeting him as more like an interrogation than a chat it as like he wanted to know everything about you but in 15 minutes instead of really getting to know you...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:09 am

I would more likely do the same but some people are quite pushy, I knew one guy and meeting him as more like an interrogation than a chat it as like he wanted to know everything about you but in 15 minutes instead of really getting to know you...

I actually have a bad habit of doing that too -- I blame it on the fact that I do a lot of interviews for my job, so I can fall into that habit Embarassed
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:52 am

Hmmm I reckon if I met some people the following would happen.

Would ask Eddie to record a song with her and then see is she wanted to go off clubbing for the night old school style, which of course FTL and Nems would have to come too and it would end up with me being one of the girls and have to go shopping with them first.. Shocked 

Would have a great chin wag with Eilzel in regards to traveling and share stories, which would no doubt at some point turn to football, enjoying a fine meal in a wonderful restaurant.

Would have a great sit down with Quill over history but fear it would no doubt get heated where we ended up disagreeing.

Would ask Victor and Nicko to take me out on a shooting trip and enjoy a day of one with nature with them, where I could learn so much about it from them both.

In meeting Dibs and HF, I would take them around a tour of the oldest Churches in London, but would deliberately and naughtily lose  HF along the way Twisted Evil so Dibs and I could share a day of culture together.

Would ask Korben to take me around the science and Natural History Museum, where we could share in some mutual interests, where I could learn from his technological knowledge.

Would take Ben down to Fleet street, followed up by taking him to the Emirates, to watch Arsenal play, followed by a fine evening in town where he could enlighten me on American sports and Texas.

Would pin the tail on Shady as I would literally think he was the donkey.

Would ask Zack to take me to his local Mosque and meet his community, followed by an evening out.

Would ask Stardesk to join me wearing placards outside St Pauls teasing Christians, followed up with an evening out discussing mythology.

Would take Tommy to Hamelys Toy store and Regent Street and leave him there all day play with people of his own mental age, though this sadly would make all the other children cry believing he was an Ogre, of which I would gladly make up to them by paying for them to go to Disneyland.

I would take Sassy and Irn to a Tory Party convention and then leg it sniggering all the way home.

I would take Rags to a lesbian wedding, where most of the guests were breastfeeding mothers. 

Would take Bee and Veya to Alton Towers as they would feel more at home if they spent half the day upside down on roller coasters.

Sorry if I have missed anyone out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am

ha ha that's quite funny didge lol!

But i want to go on the girls night out too i love night clubs i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! 2681620681 i reckon if we actually met by accident we would probably get along fine!!! 3239900740

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:26 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I actually have a bad habit of doing that too -- I blame it on the fact that I do a lot of interviews for my job, so I can fall into that habit Embarassed

lol...old habits die hard....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next