NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke Empty WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 10:26 am

Saying he did nothing wrong, a Virginia police officer resigned from the Fredricksburg Police Department after body-cam video showed him using his Taser, and then pepper-spray, on an unresponsive black man sitting in his car. According to the WHOP,  34-year-old David Washington was having a stroke at the time of the incident. The officer, Shaun Jurgens, resigned from the city police department on May 14, and was one of three officers who responded when the disoriented Washington drove the wrong way on a street before stopping in an intersection.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/watch-virginia-cop-uses-pepper-spray-taser-on-unresisting-black-man-having-stroke/

Back to top Go down

WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke Empty Re: WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke

Post by eddie Sun May 24, 2015 10:31 am

Unbelievable! That cop deserves to be arrested for that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke Empty Re: WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 10:32 am

eddie wrote:Unbelievable! That cop deserves to be arrested for that.

Disgusting to say the least, as what threat did he perceive to himself in this instance?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 24, 2015 10:38 am

Belatucadros wrote:
eddie wrote:Unbelievable! That cop deserves to be arrested for that.

Disgusting to say the least, as what threat did he perceive to himself in this instance?

Maybe he thought he would catch the man's "blackness" ??? Rolling Eyes

Seriously, these cops really need to be flushed out of the police force. They make a mockery of it.
Just glad it was caught on camera.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 10:39 am

eddie wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Maybe he thought he would catch the man's "blackness" ???  Rolling Eyes

Seriously, these cops really need to be flushed out of the police force. They make a mockery of it.

The thing is I actually feel sorry for the good cops out there because all these continual incidents are going to continue to create a fear and loathing of all Police

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 24, 2015 10:43 am

Belatucadros wrote:
eddie wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Maybe he thought he would catch the man's "blackness" ???  Rolling Eyes

The thing is I actually feel sorry for the good cops out there because all these continual incidents are going to continue to create a fear and loathing of all Police

Well it only takes a few to spoil a good name for the many.
Hopefully, With the use of footage, the "bad cops" will be flushed out.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 am

eddie wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I would like to hope so Eddie, but to me it is and stems from a poor stereotype view that has been ingrained in some White Americans that such problems exist. To tackle the problem has to be on where such fear stems from.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 24, 2015 10:57 am

Belatucadros wrote:
eddie wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I would like to hope so Eddie, but to me it is and stems from a poor stereotype view that has been ingrained in some White Americans that such problems exist. To tackle the problem has to be on where such fear stems from.

I believe racism starts at home didge. Children tend to copy their parents, sadly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 10:59 am

eddie wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I believe racism starts at home didge. Children tend to copy their parents, sadly.

Nail on the head Eddie, where the problems always start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

Saying he did nothing wrong, a Virginia police officer resigned from the Fredricksburg Police Department after body-cam video showed him using his Taser, and then pepper-spray, on an unresponsive black man sitting in his car. According to the WHOP,  34-year-old David Washington was having a stroke at the time of the incident. The officer, Shaun Jurgens, resigned from the city police department on May 14, and was one of three officers who responded when the disoriented Washington drove the wrong way on a street before stopping in an intersection.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/watch-virginia-cop-uses-pepper-spray-taser-on-unresisting-black-man-having-stroke/
i saw this yesterday i was gob smacked he just sat there no aggressiveness, no anything just staring out the window arms on the wheel surely the first thing would be to asses the situation instead of going in all guns blazing with tazer and then pepper spray even when dragged out like a rag doll he was just unresponsive and totally un-combative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Surely being tasered while having a stroke could make the damage worse? I hope he is prosecuted and I hope that is taken into account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 12:51 pm

While I'm not supporting this cops behaviour in this situation... you have to remember that many blacks are totally out of control out there, extremely violent and dangerous.

They are likely to pull out guns and start shooting at cops to avoid capture and it is no wonder that the police are well aware of this and are on a high state of alert themselves and take no chances.

If I was a cop out in America and dealing with people who might start shooting at me at any moment then I would not be taking any chances either.

You only have to look at the prison population compared to national population to see how much higher risks are faced by cops when dealing with blacks.

If police don't have such a tough line and extra caution for their own safety against genuine substantialy higher risks posed when dealing with blacks then they are putting their own lives in danger and we will definately be seeing even more hard working and decent police officers going to work and ending up murdered.

How many cops get shot at by criminals every year in the US?

How many get seriously injured or killed every year by criminals?

Now put yourself in their shoes... would you be taking any chances...!!!???

Don't think so somehow...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Tommy, there is not other way to say this, you are a truly vile excuse for a human being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

While I'm not supporting this cops behaviour in this situation... you have to remember that many blacks are totally out of control out there, extremely violent and dangerous.

They are likely to pull out guns and start shooting at cops to avoid capture and it is no wonder that the police are well aware of this and are on a high state of alert themselves and take no chances.

If I was a cop out in America and dealing with people who might start shooting at me at any moment then I would not be taking any chances either.

You only have to look at the prison population compared to national population to see how much higher risks are faced by cops when dealing with blacks.

If police don't have such a tough line and extra caution for their own safety against genuine substantialy higher risks posed when dealing with blacks then they are putting their own lives in danger and we will definately be seeing even more hard working and decent police officers going to work and ending up murdered.

How many cops get shot at by criminals every year in the US?

How many get seriously injured or killed every year by criminals?

Now put yourself in their shoes... would you be taking any chances...!!!???

Don't think so somehow...!

so what your saying if a suspect is black then your justified in taking extreme measures.......? and by the way  The leading cause of incarceration of an African American male is a non-violent drug offense

Last edited by korban dallas on Sun May 24, 2015 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 1:25 pm

According to the FBI data, somewhere between 40 and 70 officers have been killed feloniously each year for the last 20 years. In total, 1,048 officers were killed feloniously between 1995 and 2013.

According to the FBI's data, there are literally thousands of assaults on a police officer for every single instance an officer is deliberately killed. There has been an average of 56,874 assaults reported to the FBI between 1995 and 2013.

After a peak in 1998 — when 16 percent of officers were assaulted — the assault rate has been declining, with a low point of 9.3 assaults per every 100 officers in 2013.

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/22/7430943/police-killed-statistics

You live in a bloody dream world risingscum...

There are many areas you wouldn't be walking around in late at night... And why would that be...!?

Because you are likely to be attacked, robbed and maybe even killed... by blacks!!!

If you were a police officer dealing with someone who potentially was going to attack you or even kill you... how careful for your own safety would you be being...!?

You would be approaching with your gun ready and shouting instructions... any sudden movements would be treated as attack and you would defend yourself.

I've already said I'm not supporting this cops behaviour in this situation... just that I understand why they are on high alert when dealing with suspects.

You seem to think it is safe to just stroll over and have a nice informal chat over a cup of tea and a slice of cake...

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun May 24, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 1:27 pm

Drug dealers are often also armed and dangerous... they have protection against being robbed and also don't want to get arrested so will try to violently get away in many cases.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 1:32 pm

You just keep on proving my point.  You are truly vile.

I might add, it's a joy to be called scum by the likes of you, shows I'm doing it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 1:38 pm

For every 100 officers in US, around 10 will get assaulted every year, and between 40 and 70 will be murdered while on duty.

If you were a US cop... How careful for your own safety would you be being...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Now you are just plain lying to try and cover up your disgusting views.

Number of police officers killed on duty IN THE WHOLE OF THE USA:

2013 107
2014 117

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/year.html

And there are literally MILLIONS of law enforcement officers in the US

Massive, absolutely massive fail to try and give credence to your revolting racist views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 1:56 pm

How am I lying by showing FBI statistics risingscum...!?

Please point to the bit you are referring to...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:For every 100 officers in US, around 10 will get assaulted every year, and between 40 and 70 will be murdered while on duty. If you were a US cop... How careful for your own safety would you be being...!!!???

Yes officers face difficulties in their job though your figures above include any ethnicity who would commit these crimes, thus you are trying to justify Police using unnecessary force based off miscued information you are providing where even worse you seem to believe this means the Police can act above the law as this officer did here. That is just absurd for you to even justify that .Like Korben pointed out the vast majority of blacks are arrested for drugs, yet whites are by far the most prolific users of drugs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:How am I lying by showing FBI statistics risingscum...!?

There were 511 officers killed in felonious incidents and 540 offenders from 2004 to 2013, according to FBI reports. Among the total offenders, 52 percent were white, and 43 percent were black.

so actually white people kill more  officers than black people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:14 pm

korban dallas wrote:

There were 511 officers killed in felonious incidents and 540 offenders from 2004 to 2013, according to FBI reports. Among the total offenders, 52 percent were white, and 43 percent were black.

The problem with Tommy, is he wants to turn this into another debate about black crime, ignoring how that is created or how there is a huge disparity in the US on who is arrested and sentence. He is not interested this Police officer went against the law in his actions, he is only interested in trying to now excuse officers breaking the law, if the victims is black and the officer is white.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Deflection dodge...

And there aren't 'literally millions of police officers' rising scum...

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2014/08/26/by-the-numbers-how-many-cops-are-there-in-the-usa/

And although over a hundred police are killed every year while on duty, half of them, between 40 and 70 every year, are actually murdered (feloniously killed) and The rest are in accidents.

Around 10 out of every 100 are assaulted every year.

Please show me how any of this is wrong...!?

The figures come from my earlier post from the link provided, using FBI data...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Deflection dodge...

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2014/08/26/by-the-numbers-how-many-cops-are-there-in-the-usa/

And although over a hundred police are killed every year while on duty, half of them, between 40 and 70 every year, are actually murdered (feloniously killed) and The rest are in accidents.

but it also says in your link

The underestimation may come from the fact that I used a lower bound (900,000 sworn officers) when the true figure, according to NLEOMF, is “more than” that. If it is a lot more than that, it could substantially affect my estimate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Deflection dodge... And there aren't 'literally millions of police officers' rising scum...

Is that your evidence some right wing denialist blog which also denies science on climate change?
PMSL
Again it is irrelevant the point you are making to attempt to justify the Officer here breaking the law in his duties, the man was defenseless and did not warrant any of the actions he took.
You are again trying justify Officers treating every Black person as if they are guilty criminals backing up a very racist view point you have, which fails to understand the social disparity between the white middle lass ethos that many Americans grow up with there. So your figures have utterly no relevance to how Police Officers should treat people no matter their ethnicity, especially when the majority of cop killers are white

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 2:23 pm

korban dallas wrote:

But blacks only make up 14% of US population... meaning that overall, blacks are responsible for considerably higher rates of murdering police than whites...!!!

Plus Latinos are also classed as white now too so actually pushing the true white rate down even lower, especially considering the huge proportion of the population who are white.

You have just proved how police are at much higher risk of attack and being murdered by blacks than whites...!!!

Thank you!!!

So if you were a police officer dealing with a high risk suspect... would you like to just go over for an informal chat over a cup of tea...!!!???

Or would you be on high alert and taking all The necessary precautions to ensure your safety...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

But blacks only make up 14% of US population... meaning that overall, blacks are responsible for considerably higher rates of murdering police than whites...!!!

Plus Latinos are also classed as white now too so actually pushing the true white rate down even lower, especially considering the huge proportion of the population who are white.

You have just proved how police are at much higher risk of attack and being murdered by blacks than whites...!!!

Thank you!!!

So if you were a police officer dealing with a high risk suspect... would you like to just go over for an informal chat over a cup of tea...!!!???

Or would you be on high alert and taking all The necessary precautions to ensure your safety...!?
make you mind up you touted FBI statistics and i have shown According to FBI statistics whites kill more officers than blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

But blacks only make up 14% of US population... meaning that overall, blacks are responsible for considerably higher rates of murdering police than whites...!!!Plus Latinos are also classed as white now too so actually pushing the true white rate down even lower, especially considering the huge proportion of the population who are white. You have just proved how police are at much higher risk of attack and being murdered by blacks than whites...!!!
Thank you!!!

Incarceration Trends in America

• From 1980 to 2008, the number of people incarcerated in America quadrupled-from roughly 500,000 to 2.3 million people
  • Today, the US is 5% of the World population and has 25% of world prisoners.
  • Combining the number of people in prison and jail with those under parole or probation supervision, 1 in ever y 31 adults, or 3.2 percent of the population is under some form of correctional control

Racial Disparities in Incarceration

• African Americans now constitute nearly 1 million of the total 2.3 million incarcerated population
  • African Americans are incarcerated at nearly six times the rate of whites
  • Together, African American and Hispanics comprised 58% of all prisoners in 2008, even though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately one quarter of the US population
  • According to Unlocking America, if African American and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates of whites, today's prison and jail populations would decline by approximately 50%
  • One in six black men had been incarcerated as of 2001. If current trends continue, one in three black males born today can expect to spend time in prison during his lifetime
  • 1 in 100 African American women are in prison
  • Nationwide, African-Americans represent 26% of juvenile arrests, 44% of youth who are detained, 46% of the youth who are judicially waived to criminal court, and 58% of the youth admitted to state prisons (Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice).

Drug Sentencing Disparities

• About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
  • 5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
  • African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
  • African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)

Contributing Factors

• Inner city crime prompted by social and economic isolation
  • Crime/drug arrest rates: African Americans represent 12% of monthly drug users, but comprise 32% of persons arrested for drug possession
  • "Get tough on crime" and "war on drugs" policies
  • Mandatory minimum sentencing, especially disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine possession
  • In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced under the federal crack cocaine laws and served substantially more time in prison for drug offenses than did whites, despite that fact that more than 2/3 of crack cocaine users in the U.S. are white or Hispanic
  • "Three Strikes"/habitual offender policies
  • Zero Tolerance policies as a result of perceived problems of school violence; adverse affect on black children.
  • 35% of black children grades 7-12 have been suspended or expelled at some point in their school careers compared to 20% of Hispanics and 15% of whites

Effects of Incarceration

• Jail reduces work time of young people over the next decade by 25-30 percent when compared with arrested youths who were not incarcerated
  • Jails and prisons are recognized as settings where society's infectious diseases are highly concentrated
  • Prison has not been proven as a rehabilitation for behavior, as two-thirds of prisoners will reoffend

Exorbitant Cost of Incarceration: Is it Worth It?

• About $70 billion dollars are spent on corrections yearly
  • Prisons and jails consume a growing portion of the nearly $200 billion we spend annually on public safety

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 2:28 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Deflection dodge...

The underestimation may come from the fact that I used a lower bound (900,000 sworn officers) when the true figure, according to NLEOMF, is “more than” that. If it is a lot more than that, it could substantially affect my estimate.

Yes... and if you read it properly he is talking about officers killed per 100,000...

Doh!!!

HE'S saying there are about 900,000 officers and about another 500,000 FBI in total I think... so there are not 'literally millions of police' as risingscum claimed.

Maybe you could show us a more precise figure...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:30 pm

Federal Bureau of Investigation

The FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports includes an annual report on law enforcement officers assaulted or killed, as well as rates of assault and injury. This data is very useful, but it has some key limitations.

The data on unlawful killings of police is virtually complete — almost all homicides of any kind are reported to the FBI — but the data set on assaults and injuries is not.

Police departments can voluntarily submit reports to the FBI on the number of assaults and injuries suffered by their personnel, as well as the number of officers in their organization. But not all in fact do so. The result is that the absolute or raw number of assaults can vary greatly from year to year simply because of the number of law enforcement agencies that participate in the survey also varies.

Fortunately, the FBI also collects information about the total population policed by the departments that reported, as well as information about the total number of officers employed by the surveyed organizations. As a result, you can get reliable and comparable yearly estimates of the rates of assault and injury, based on both the number of assaults per 100,000 residents, or the percent of officers assaulted.

WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke Officer-safety-1997-2012

Typically, the FBI figures for assaults on law enforcement include about 8,000-11,000 out of the 16,000-18,000 state and local law enforcement agencies in the US. The agencies generally cover between 70-80% of the US population, and, in the last 15 years for which data is available, included as many as 535,000 officers and as few as 441,000.

Their criteria and methodology for which officers to include is also clear and consistent:

They were working in an official capacity, whether on or off duty.
They had full arrest powers.
They ordinarily wore/carried a badge and a firearm.
They were paid from governmental funds set aside specifically for payment of sworn law enforcement representatives.
Their agency reported data for all 12 months of the calendar year.

This is a more than representative sample for getting annual rates per capita and rates per officer for assault and injury, and we’re lucky to have such a robust data set.

That being said, there are a few issues to note. First, at least potentially, there may be selection bias. If your agency is large, dependent on federal funding, or has high rates of assault and injury, you are probably more likely to take the time to fill out and submit this paperwork.

Most departments do, but between one third and one half do not. This could be for many different reasons, but if you are a small or understaffed agency — half of all police agencies in 2008 had fewer than 10 full-time staff — serving a relatively peaceful rural area, for instance, and had commensurately few assaults or injuries, you might not take the time. This could skew the rates upwards, as the agencies with the lowest rates of assault select themselves out of the pool.

But that is not pertinent to the question of how many police there are. The answer here is simply that the data is too incomplete. A third or more of police agencies do not report and are not counted, so FBI doesn’t have a full account of personnel employed, and we can’t extrapolate from the existing data because of potential selection issues raised above.

Bureau of Justice Statistics

The BJS is probably the best government data I’ve been able to find, but it is also quite limited. The last estimates they have come from 2008. (A law enforcement census for 2012 has been commissioned to NORC, but does not appear to have been completed yet.)

BJS estimates that in 2008, there were 17,895 law enforcement agencies employing 1.13 million full-time workers, including over 765,000 sworn officers, as well as about 100,000 part-time employees, including over 44,000 sworn officers. That gives a total of full- and part-time employees with general arrest powers of about 810,000 in 2008.

From 2004 to 2008, the number of law enforcement personnel increased 5.3 percent, and the number of sworn officers increased by about 4.6 percent. This rate was larger than the 3.4 percent increase in sworn officers that occurred in the last four year period, from 2000 to 2004. There are not only more officers than previously, the rate of increase was (and perhaps is still) accelerating.

Moreover, the number of cops per capita is also increasing. Another BJS report estimates that the number of sworn officers increased 25 percent between 1992 and 2008. Over the same time, the US population as a whole only grew by 18.5 percent.

Most of the increase in sworn officers per capita happened between 1992 and 1996, when the number of sworn personnel jumped 9.1 percent, but the number of civilian employees per capita has grown steadily and continuously. The number of total police personnel per capita rose from 332 per 100,000 residents in 1992 to 373 per 100,000 in 2008

WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke BJS

Additionally, these figures, including the rate of increase and rate of acceleration, make the current NLEOMF estimate of “over 900,000 sworn officers” seem quite plausible, if a bit high, assuming an average of 45,000 part-time sworn officers as in previous years.

The Bottom Line

In yet another way, the numbers show that police work is getting safer, not more dangerous. There are more officers and support staff than ever, and they are safer than ever, in every way we can measure.

While the absolute number of officer fatalities is decreasing, the absolute number of officers is increasing. While the rate of fatalities per capita is falling, the rate of police per capita is rising. Thus, the rate of fatalities per officer is very likely also falling.

BJS only conducts its law enforcement census every four years, so we are obliged to take an annual average of the change between each data point in order to get a figure for the intervening years. Interpolating the number of police officers for the missing years in this way, and using fatality data from NLEOMF and homicide data from FBI, gives us approximate fatality and homicide rates per 100,000 full-time equivalent sworn officers. (BJS calculates the total number of “full-time equivalent sworn officers” as “as the sum of the number of full-time sworn officers and half the number of part-time sworn officers.”)

WATCH: Virginia cop uses pepper-spray, Taser on unresisting black man having stroke BJS-FBI-NLEOMF

Again, the trends all point the same way: down. Whether we look at fatalities per 100,000 residents being policed or per 100,000 sworn officers, or whether we look at felony killings per 100,000 residents or sworn officers, it tells the same story at every level: police work is getting safer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Yes... and if you read it properly he is talking about officers killed per 100,000...

Doh!!!

HE'S saying there are about 900,000 officers and about another 500,000 FBI in total I think... so there are not 'literally millions of police' as risingscum claimed.

can you ? after all the author of your links says and i repeat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 2:33 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Thank you!!!

make you mind up you touted FBI statistics and i have shown According to FBI statistics whites kill more officers than blacks

But blacks only make up 14% of the population so are responsible for higher rates of police murders per capita.

And The 'white' group also includes other non white Latinos... which distorts the figures further.

Fact you just proved is that 14% of the US population is black but nearly half of police murders are carried out by blacks!!!

Thank you for showing why police are more vigilant when dealing with the higher risk to their lives with blacks!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Tommy ignoring the facts again and just repeating himself.

Anyway there is no justification for what this officer did, no matter how much racist drivel Tommy keeps spouting. The facts actually show the racial discrimination faced by blacks and Hispanics in America by white officers. Tommy wants to ignore these facts and how a white middle class systems favours and privalidges whites the vast majority of which are born in to this favoured system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 2:36 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Doh!!!

can you ? after all the author of your links says and i repeat

That part of the article was talking about deaths of police officers per 100,000!!!

Try reading it properly instead of looking for a reason to dismiss the figures.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Belatucadros wrote:Tommy ignoring the facts again and just repeating himself.

Anyway there is no justification for what this officer did, no matter how much racist drivel Tommy keeps spouting. The facts actually show the racial discrimination faced by blacks and Hispanics in America by white officers. Tommy wants to ignore these facts and how a white middle class systems favours and privalidges whites the vast majority of which are born in to this favoured system.
I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Some history lesson for Tommy

Sociologist James W. Loewen is the author of "Lies My Teacher Told Me."

Jerry Hough, Professor of Political Science at Duke, got into trouble by making "noxious, offensive" comments about a New York Times editorial, "How Racism Doomed Baltimore." A Duke vice president used those adjectives, and Duke has placed him on leave. (Hough is 80 and planned to retire after next year anyway.)

I would suggest that he should leave Duke, on grounds of incompetence. He knows nothing about the history of race relations, yet opines on it anyway. He claims, "No one has said I was wrong, just racist." Well, I do say he was wrong — as well as racist.

Chronologically, Hough's first error is his astounding statement, "In 1965 the Asians were discriminated against as least as badly as blacks." In 1967, I wrote my doctoral dissertation, The Mississippi Chinese: Between Black and White, on exactly this point. I compared the Chinese American population in the Mississippi Delta — the largest in the South — with the majority population there, African Americans. I found exactly what Prof. Hough complains about: Chinese Americans had achieved social mobility while African Americans had not.

To Hough, this proves black inferiority — not necessarily genetic, just behavioral. Asians "worked doubly hard" while blacks "felt sorry for themselves." On the contrary, my research showed that the different results stemmed from different positions in social structure, leading to different degrees of white racism.

The Chinese found a niche: grocers to the black underclass. In this position, they conflicted with no whites other than a handful of grocers who themselves had low status because they served a mostly black clientele. As Chinese Americans progressed economically, they were able to progress racially. By 1955, they were voting and had gained entry into "white" schools and hospitals. Whites then cited successful Chinese merchants to argue that Southern society was not racist. Just like Hough, they said that African Americans were just lazy, while Chinese were industrious.

In reality, African Americans had no chance to make such progress. They constituted the workforce from which white landowners made their living — and some plantation owners made very good livings indeed. This aristocracy then flexed its political power to exclude agricultural and domestic workers from minimum wage standards and other labor laws. Any African American who nevertheless managed to become successful thereby became a target — such as the merchant in Shaw, Mississippi, whose shoe store was burned out by whites in the late 1950s. About voting, surely even Hough, a professor of political science, recalls that blacks could not register in most of the Mississippi Delta! Two Chinese Americans, meanwhile, served as mayors of their small Delta towns.

Hough's next error concerns racial intermarriage. "Asian-white dating is enormous," he writes, "and so surely will be the intermarriage." He thinks this is because Asians favor integration while African Americans do not. Here his comments reveal ignorance about what sociologists call hypergamy: the tendency for men in the "higher" group to date and marry "down." It works like this: even today, men initiate most social interaction between genders. Men of the "upper" group choose women of the "lower" group far oftener than they do women of the "upper" group. Thus if a high school senior goes out with a sophomore, the senior is the male. If a doctor dates a nurse, the doctor is the male — and not just because most nurses are female. And yes, if a Caucasian dates an Asian, most often the Caucasian is the male and initiates the relationship.

Way back in 1937, Romanzo Adams studied hypergamy in about the only place in the United States that then displayed much interracial marriage — Hawai'i. Adams found that hypergamy held perfectly across racial lines, with one marked exception: black/white. These couples were overwhelmingly composed of black males and white females. Why? Because white males resisted initiating social contact with black females. Since then, other investigators have found the same pattern across the U.S., although in the last few years the ratio has decreased somewhat. Here is Hough's explanation: "Black-white dating is almost non-existent because of the ostracism by blacks of anyone who dates a white." Yet by ratios of as much as five to one, blacks initiate black-white dating!

Hough then suggests a staggeringly original analysis of black naming patterns, a topic with a long, rich, and troubled history. In slavery, owners rather than parents named slaves. Some owners, including George Washington, gave "their" slaves pretentious names like Pompey and Caesar, making fun of their powerlessness. Jefferson took a different tack, recording his slaves by diminutives, like "Jenny" for a woman who called herself "Jane Gillette." Some enslaved parents fought back by giving their children secret names. Those lucky enough to be freed, including by the Civil War, reverted to such names, if they had them.

During the Nadir of race relations — that terrible period between 1890 and 1940 when white Southerners removed blacks from citizenship — a new consideration affected black naming customs. As racial subordination intensified, every element of social interaction became codified. Now whites called blacks — even older and more senior African Americans — by their first names while demanding to be called "Mr." or "Mrs." in return. To avoid this disrespect, some parents named their children initials, like "T. J." Daughters might get named with positive adjectives, like Patience or Precious. A few parents even named their first-born sons "Mister," giving white supremacists no way to disrespect them, other than "Boy!" The Civil Rights and Black Power movements opened up new ways to claim respect, including African names like Jamal. African Americans’ increased interest in their African past, symbolized in the bestseller Roots and its ensuing smash television miniseries, sparked white Americans’ renewed interest in their own ethnic pasts. In turn, social psychologist LaFrances Rose wrote a fascinating paper about African Americans' willingness to give their children original names with original spellings like Shimiqua and Cheniqua.

About this entire history Prof. Hough seems ignorant, as well. Bestowing unusual names merely "symbolizes their [blacks'] lack of desire for integration." Nonsense! My daughter, half Irish American, married an Irish American; they named their children Seamus and Bridget. So we can infer they don’t desire integration?

The most famous research about black names, done at Chicago and M.I.T., shows that whites discriminate against them. "White names like Emily Walsh or Greg Baker drew 50% more [job] callbacks than those with African-American sounding names like Lakisha Washington or Jamal Jones," according to Kenji Yoshino, summarizing in the New York Times.[1] Prof. Hough seems to suggest that such discrimination may be perfectly fair. After all, these kids' parents didn't value success in white society anyway, else they would have given their children white names.

To sum up, Jerry Hough shows no knowledge about relative discrimination, racial intermarriage, or black naming patterns, though he is willing to write about all three.

"Ignorant I am not," he nonetheless claims in his defense, in an email to the Duke Chronicle defending his Times comments. To prove he's not ignorant, he notes that he used to live on the West Coast and visited Asheville, NC, several times between 1940 and 1960! Since he finished his B.A. in 1961, we can infer that he was not a student of race relations during these years. Instead, like many white Americans, Hough feels he can simply cite his life as evidence of his knowledge about race relations in the United States.

This won't do. Like most whites in those years, Hough spent his life in a white cocoon. Near Asheville, for example, three entire counties flatly prohibited African Americans from living in them, except for two small enclaves. Did he ever learn that? I don't know where Hough lived on the West Coast, but the same policy held true for 80% of the suburbs of Los Angeles, 80% of the Bay Area, and many independent towns in California. Has Hough ever interviewed a single black person about race relations in North Carolina? in California?

Harvard was almost all-white when Hough was there. I know, because I got my doctorate in sociology there just after he left. At that time, Hough encountered not a single African American professor. Harvard's only faculty member who knew anything about race relations, the estimable Thomas Pettigrew in Social Relations, told me in 1966 that he "felt completely isolated."

Even after finishing his degrees, Hough seemed to learn nothing about race relations. After leaving Harvard, he taught political science at the University of Illinois from 1961 to 1968, for example. At that time, Champaign/Urbana was surrounded by sundown towns — communities that did not let African Americans spend the night. Within about 25 miles, these included Deland, Farmer City, Mahomet, Monticello, Paxton, St. Joseph, Saybrook, Tolono, Villa Grove, White Heath, and several others. In those years, some even posted signs at their city limits announcing that blacks were not welcome or sounded sirens at 6PM telling them to leave. Did Hough even notice? None of these towns kept out Chinese Americans, as far as I know. Yet Hough claims that Chinese faced discrimination equal to blacks! Did he ever interview a single black person about race relations in central Illinois?

Prof. Hough does not even know enough about race relations to know that he does not know anything about race relations!

What would we make of a "distinguished" professor of geology at Duke who wrote the New York Times to say that the world is flat? Should he be fired? To be sure, geology is not exactly geography, but geologists who think the world is flat are likely to do bad work. Similarly, race relations is sociology, not exactly political science, but political scientists whose knowledge of race relations is as faulty as Hough's are going to do bad work.

Finally, what about the fact that Prof. Hough seems not to care about race relations at Duke? Every student he might teach is black, white, Asian, or "other." Now they know that Hough is completely clueless about race. Should they take his course about the Soviet Union? Probably they should, if they want to learn about that subject, but I would not want Hough cluttering up faculty meetings or the Web with his nonsensical views on race. Duke has a troubled past about race relatioins, including recently. I would have to conclude that Hough’s "collegiality" potential would be limited, and his possible excellence about the U.S.S.R. should be weighed against his incompetence in other areas that he thinks are also his domain. Retirement seems appropriate, on grounds of incompetence.

[1]Kenji Yoshino, "The Pressure To Cover," NY Times Magazine, 1/15/2006, 36. Incidentally, although Asian, Yoshino's parents also must have been uninterested in integration, according to Hough, naming him "Kenji" instead of "Ken."

- See more at: http://historynewsnetwork.org/blog/153627#sthash.RqcEn0YB.QdAHfBlG.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:41 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:Tommy ignoring the facts again and just repeating himself.

I agree

Indeed, he is trying to justify Police committing wrongs based off flawed stats, no comprehension of social disparities or arrests and sentencing disparities and going off numbers, thus not even understanding the issues.
That is like seeing the total number of casualties in the First World War not understanding how they occurred or the reasons behind the conflict itself. It is the worst form of methodology you will see for someone where they have no case for their evidence but try to skew data to make their racism fit.
There is no justification for what the officer did here and guilt by association which is what Tommy is arguing is not valid reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Better to be safe than sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Shady wrote:Better to be safe than sorry.

And yet they were safe the Officers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 2:49 pm

It's funny how risingscum is using the same web site as fact when other lefties are trying to rubbish it as being right wing and 'climate change deniers'...

It shows the same data as the other link I posted earlier...

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/22/7430943/police-killed-statistics

I was only using this to show the level of assaults the police face every year... with 1 in every 10 getting assaulted in the US every year.

And between 40-70 police officers actually being murdered every year too!!!

But then koben posted this little gem...

"...
There were 511 officers killed in felonious incidents and 540 offenders from 2004 to 2013, according to FBI reports. Among the total offenders, 52 percent were white, and 43 percent were black..."

While blacks only make up 14% of the population, blacks are responsible for nearly half of police officer murders!!!

And you idiots wonder why police in US are on such high alert and careful when dealing with suspects...!!!???

Especially blacks...!!!???

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun May 24, 2015 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:49 pm

The biggest point of course missed here:

An investigation by the Fredericksburg Police Department showed that Jurgens’ use of force was not in line with department policies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Quite right shady... and I'll bet that statistics also show a massively higher rate of assaults on police are carried out by blacks too!!!

But the lefties want the police to have one hand tied behind their backs...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:56 pm

About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
   5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
   African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
   African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)

What the officer claimed:

According to Jurgens, he said that he thought at the time Washington may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and that he was concerned because there was a school nearby.

The offense comitted:

The officer, Shaun Jurgens, resigned from the city police department on May 14, and was one of three officers who responded when the disoriented Washington drove the wrong way on a street before stopping in an intersection.

So driving down the wrong street now constitutes the belief that the person will be under the influence of drugs, even though whites are by far the most prolific users and that it warrants tasering and peper spraying the driver? Not evening questioning to see if it was a genuine mistake. That is a clear case of racism at its worse held by the Officer ith the most idiotic sterotype.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Quite right shady... and I'll bet that statistics also show a massively higher rate of assaults on police are carried out by blacks too!!!

Oh Tommy,you're wrong.....It's both hands.

But don't worry because now the sick loonie leftie MPs have been rejected by the British electorate,it will only be a matter of time before they are driven from power in places like schools,hospitals,universities etc.But hopefully,the loonie left will be removed the soonest from the police & armed forces.

It's only a matter of time Tommy & the loonies lefties will be all gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Shady wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Oh Tommy,you're wrong.....It's both hands.

But don't worry because now the sick loonie leftie MPs have been rejected by the British electorate,it will only be a matter of time before they are driven from power in places like schools,hospitals,universities etc.But hopefully,the loonie left will be removed the soonest from the police & armed forces.

It's only a matter of time Tommy & the loonies lefties will be all gone.

About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)

What the officer claimed:

According to Jurgens, he said that he thought at the time Washington may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and that he was concerned because there was a school nearby.

The offense comitted:

The officer, Shaun Jurgens, resigned from the city police department on May 14, and was one of three officers who responded when the disoriented Washington drove the wrong way on a street before stopping in an intersection.

So driving down the wrong street now constitutes the belief that the person will be under the influence of drugs, even though whites are by far the most prolific users and that it warrants tasering and peper spraying the driver? Not evening questioning to see if it was a genuine mistake. That is a clear case of racism at its worse held by the Officer ith the most idiotic stereotype.

So Shady you think driving down the wrong street warrants every driver to have the same replicated to them do you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 3:08 pm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/27/baltimore-riots-gang-attacks-white-police-officers/

The reality of what police are up against...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 3:09 pm

For another perspective:

• List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, 2015 (total: 223)
  • List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, 2014 (total: 623)
  • List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, 2013 (total: 333)
  • List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, 2012 (total: 602)
  • List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, 2011 (total: 166)
  • List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, 2010 (total: 257)
  • List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, 2009 (total: 62)
  • List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States prior to 2009 (total: 183)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/27/baltimore-riots-gang-attacks-white-police-officers/

The reality of what police are up against...!!!

It really is terrible but just as worse is the support the gangs receive from loonie lefties & other idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Some more inconvenient truth for the lefties...

When Holder delivered his 2009 “nation-of-cowards” speech blaming racism for racial separation, Manhattan Institute’s Heather Mac Donald suggested that our attorney general study his crime statistics.

In New York from January to June 2008, 83 percent of all gun assailants were black, according to witnesses and victims, though blacks were only 24 percent of the population. Blacks and Hispanics together accounted for 98 percent of all gun assailants. Forty-nine of every 50 muggings and murders in the Big Apple were the work of black or Hispanic criminals.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald’s facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics.

And these may involve the kind of pat-downs all of us have had at the airport.
Is stop-and-frisk the work of racist cops in New York, where the crime rate has been driven down to levels unseen in decades?

According to Kelly, a majority of his police force, which he has been able to cut from 41,000 officers to 35,000, is now made up of minorities.

But blacks are also, per capita, the principal victims of crime. Would black fathers prefer their sons to grow up in Chicago, rather than low-crime New York City, with its stop-and-frisk policy?
Fernando Mateo, head of the New York taxicab union, urges his drivers to profile blacks and Hispanics for their own safety: “The God’s honest truth is that 99 percent of the people that are robbing, stealing, killing these drivers are blacks and Hispanics.”

Mateo is what The New York Times would describe as “a black Hispanic” Yet he may be closer to the ‘hood than Holder, who says he was stopped by police when running to a movie — in Georgetown.

Which raises a relevant question. Georgetown is an elitist enclave of a national capital that has been ruled by black mayors for half a century. It’s never had a white mayor.

Is Holder saying we’ve got racist cops in the district where Obama carried 86 percent of the white vote and 97 percent of the black vote? And his son should fear the white cops in Washington, D.C.?
What about interracial crime, white-on-black attacks and the reverse?

After researching the FBI numbers for “Suicide of a Superpower,” this writer concluded: “An analysis of ‘single offender victimization figures’ from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study.”

Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.

If interracial crime is the ugliest manifestation of racism, what does this tell us about where racism really resides — in America?

And if the FBI stats for 2007 represent an average year since the Tawana Brawley rape-hoax of 1987, over one-third of a million white women have been sexually assaulted by black males since 1987 — with no visible protest from the civil rights leadership.

Today, 73 percent of all black kids are born out of wedlock. Growing up, these kids drop out, use drugs, are unemployed, commit crimes and are incarcerated at many times the rate of Asians and whites — or Hispanics, who are taking the jobs that used to go to young black Americans.

http://humanevents.com/2013/07/19/black-americas-real-problem-isnt-white-racism/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next