NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian bakery guilty of discrimination over gay marriage cake refusal

+5
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Eilzel
9 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Christian bakery guilty of discrimination over gay marriage cake refusal - Page 7 Empty Christian bakery guilty of discrimination over gay marriage cake refusal

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 3:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Christian-owned bakery that refused to make a cake carrying a pro-gay marriage slogan has been found guilty of discrimination after a landmark legal action.
The Northern Ireland Equality Commission brought the case against Ashers Baking Company on behalf of Gareth Lee, the gay rights activist whose order was declined.
Giving her ruling at Belfast County Court on Tuesday, district judge Isobel Brownlie said: "The defendants have unlawfully discriminated against the plaintiff on grounds of sexual discrimination.  "This is direct discrimination for which there can be no justification."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11614694/Christian-bakery-guilty-of-discrimination-over-gay-marriage-cake-refusal.html

The important part:

Giving evidence, Mr Lee claimed he was left feeling like a lesser person when his order, which was paid in full, was turned down two days after being initially accepted.

Back to top Go down

Christian bakery guilty of discrimination over gay marriage cake refusal - Page 7 Empty Re: Christian bakery guilty of discrimination over gay marriage cake refusal

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 9:26 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Shady wrote:

Raggs I see the actions of the gay mafia & the court ruling going against gay people in the short & long term,simply because people of all walks of life will see this for what it is;A set up & favouritism for gays.

As a person who supports equal rights & gay marriage I find it abhorrent that gay people should be treated in a better way to the rest of society & actions by the gay guy concerned & the court ruling will simply alienate the gay community.

Like left wingers & the Labour party,will gay people never learn? Some of them seem intent on putting back their cause (Peter Tatchell for example) & many of these so called gay activists are behind the times & cause embarrassment to the majority of the gay community.

It's a pity  & I feel for the decent members of the gay community.  

What a crock of shit.
The only thing I see is someone unable to move forward with the rest of society.
I see you club all homosexuals together, which proves your true feelings on the matter really it seems.

I don't think Shady is clubbing all gay people together.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Christian bakery guilty of discrimination over gay marriage cake refusal - Page 7 Empty Re: Christian bakery guilty of discrimination over gay marriage cake refusal

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:29 am

Shady wrote:It's a pity that the gay mafia are seeking to divide society where non gay mafia members see themselves as normal & accepted members of  society & simply get on with life.

And I often wonder why paedophiles,ISIS,loonie left wingers & the gay mafia believe that they have the monopoly on life & other peoples lives.It's got to be their way or no way.

I believe that the aforementioned group of people are cursed with a lack of empathy for the feelings of their fellow humans & they simply don't care how other people feel.As long as they get their way.

The paedophile doesn't care that the child does not want sex with him/her.

ISIS do not care who or what you are & you are there to be killed & so on........

These creatures are a stain on society.

Cursed, so you are saying people should not like the vast majority of Christians accept that things once seen as wrong have no bases to be wrong. Women obtain the vote for example, where again it was many Christian organisations that tried to stop this from happenning and and what did happen after it was made law?
Er very little, within a short time people accepted this. What you are doing is trying to divide society yourself with your Backward views that really would be better placed in the 11th century. The fact is this was a cake and to place a picture of Bert and Ernie with a slogan is not a reason to claim it offends yourself, because Christianity does not have the monopoly on marriage and never did.

It is you that is the real stain on society, which seeks to divide society with your hateful massage. Seriously it is people like you that does not want to progess, you would rather have people at odds with each other and hateful it seem, hence why your views are stepped very much so in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 9:42 am

Wasn't it a bit sexist to have Bertie and Ernie on the cake? That implies that gay marriage only applies to men. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 21, 2015 9:46 am

He says he feels like a"lesser person" What a crock of shit, if he was living In a country where he could be murdered because of his religion he'd have something to feel like a "lesser person" Grow a thicker skin mate.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 am

nicko wrote:He says he feels like a"lesser person"   What a crock of shit, if he was living In a country where he could be murdered because of his religion he'd have something to feel like a "lesser person" Grow a thicker skin mate.

Hmmmm, Gareth Lee doesn't sound like the sort of person who would feel "lesser" in any circumstance.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 9:49 am

Anyway, he got £500 out of it - that can buy a lot of cakes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:55 am

nicko wrote:He says he feels like a"lesser person"   What a crock of shit, if he was living In a country where he could be murdered because of his religion he'd have something to feel like a "lesser person" Grow a thicker skin mate.

So you are saying a person can only feel a lesser person on pain of death?
That shows you have little comprehension of how it feels to suffer discrmination.
You do realise homosexuals have been murdered in this country just for being homosexual?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 21, 2015 10:01 am

You always come out with the line "so what you are saying" in other words lets start an argument. I have said before I wont argue with you, I have given my opinion, live with it!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 21, 2015 10:05 am

PS, a gay man saved my life once, I have no argument with those who have some backbone.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 10:05 am

nicko wrote:You always come out with the line "so what you are saying"  in other words lets start an argument.  I have said before I wont argue with you, I have given my opinion, live with it!

Stop talking absolute nonsense.
This is a debate forum, if you put up a view, then expect that some will challenge that view, so stop being over sensitive.
Its ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 am

nicko wrote:PS, a gay man saved my life once,  I have no argument with those who have some backbone.

amen and thank God for that nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 10:31 am

The trouble is that as soon as one person says that the owners of Ashers are intolerant, another person can say that the intolerance is directed at them.

I see that Tesco are being dragged into this now because they stock Ashers products, and they are apparently "reviewing" the judgement. If they decide not to stock those products any more, they are being intolerant towards the religious beliefs of the owners of Ashers.

This is how it goes on and on - you uphold one person's right not to be discriminated against, and in doing so, you force another person to go against their beliefs.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The trouble is that as soon as one person says that the owners of Ashers are intolerant, another person can say that the intolerance is directed at them.

I see that Tesco are being dragged into this now because they stock Ashers products, and they are apparently "reviewing" the judgement. If they decide not to stock those products any more, they are being intolerant towards the religious beliefs of the owners of Ashers.

This is how it goes on and on - you uphold one person's right not to be discriminated against, and in doing so, you force another person to go against their beliefs.

And there we go again.Another perfect example of the gay mafia dividing society by dragging Tesco into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Shady wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The trouble is that as soon as one person says that the owners of Ashers are intolerant, another person can say that the intolerance is directed at them.

And there we go again.Another perfect example of the gay mafia dividing society by dragging Tesco into it.

It was apparently a tweet asking Tesco what they thought, and someone replied on behalf of Tesco. There's even a petition now to ask Tesco to stop stocking Ashers' products.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Shady wrote:

It was apparently a tweet asking Tesco what they thought, and someone replied on behalf of Tesco. There's even a petition now to ask Tesco to stop stocking Ashers' products.

Absolutely ridiculous.Give them an inch & they'll take a mile.

These fanatics have no conscience & seek to divide & destroy just like paedophiles,ISIS & loonie lefties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Shady wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

These fanatics have no conscience & seek to divide & destroy just like paedophiles,ISIS & loonie lefties.

It'll be interesting to see what Tesco do. If they do take the products out, I'll boycott Tesco - not because I necessarily disagree with the judgement but because I would see that as spiteful and unnecessary.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Shady wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what Tesco do. If they do take the products out, I'll boycott Tesco - not because I necessarily disagree with the judgement but because I would see that as spiteful and unnecessary.

I thnk I'll into our local Tesco,tell them I'm gay & that I disagree with the Irish court decision & demand that they decorate a cake with these words:I'm gay but I don't want to shove my beliefs down your throat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Shady wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I thnk I'll into our local Tesco,tell them I'm gay & that I disagree with the Irish court decision & demand that they decorate a cake with these words:I'm gay but I don't want to shove my beliefs down your throat.

Laughing

Tesco have been a bit vague in their reply so far.

"Tesco has a great track record of working with local suppliers, large and small, from across Northern Ireland.

"Our focus and our commitment is to serve customers in all communities, from all backgrounds and beliefs."

If they give in to the petition, they could be going against their customers who think the Ashers were entitled to uphold their own beliefs.

It's all a bit silly really.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/tesco-reviewing-ashers-gay-cake-judgement-31238755.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7