NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

+5
nicko
stardesk
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
eddie
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Empty a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Post your thoughts and poems etc here
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Empty Re: a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 1:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Aww thats lovely Edds, imagine remembering it after all these years!

I know it's kind of odd sometimes how I remember things like that and yet forget what I went into my bedroom for Sad

That's just your age chicken, I have to face that too one day Wink lol!

Back to top Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Empty Re: a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 19, 2015 1:28 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Lifede10
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 19, 2015 2:47 pm

Hahahahahahahaha I like that!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 2:51 pm

veya_victaous wrote:a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Lifede10

Utterly profound Veya.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue May 19, 2015 8:40 pm

This piece I wrote is a bit negative, but it reflected how I was feeling at the time.

MAN COMETH
 Whilst within the womb of she who bore me I was warm, happy, content. All was warm, dark, quiet, still. Food came often and of worries I knew none. All was calm and serene. Life in my cocoon was barely begun. The times of ages past floated through my slowly absorbing mind: Times of yore, times of long ago, times so distant that time itself was lost in nothingness.
 I see a world, as I, in birth. A distant sun shining upon endless waters, warm and pulsing, kissing the shores of virgin lands enclosing, hiding, shielding deep within its heart life forms yet to come, and others stepping on a road that had known no life.
 Stately plants reared their heads upon upright stems, flowers graced with the colours of heaven above gave light and life to forest giants, brooding o’er the prickly bush, the ivy clinging to its foot, the dank green grass as yet unspoiled by the feet of creatures yet to come. All was quiet, still, save the sea. The air was clean and pure, wafting here and there in dances fit to grace the halls between the stars.
 But wait! What is this I see? Mother-to-be, what manner of creature is this I see before me stepping from the slime of Nature’s womb on two ungainly feet?
Stalking through the forests, killing, plundering, causing havoc, hatred, untold misery? Mother-to-be, is that the form I shall be? Better it would be that I should die within your womb. Bring me not forward into a world such as this.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 9:01 pm

That is really beautiful Stardesk..

Excellent mate

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 19, 2015 10:48 pm

risingsun wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Lifede10

Utterly profound Veya.

It's very different view of the life death cycle, I quite like it a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 3893789544
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvbCpF8EBHjo68KBJhn-NTMVX6lDMNeaKhOJrY6SfGs4j7ptcO1w

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 21, 2015 9:44 am

https://youtu.be/BVk5ptp80MY

Kangaroo and Emu Dance
Remember to always move forward
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 10:14 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Let%2BNo%2BFacts%2BPass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 10:16 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 562304_10151521973955155_571208390_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 10:25 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 JesusZombie

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu May 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Belatu'.

According to the Venerable Bede, the name Easter is derived from the Pagan spring festival of the Anglo-Saxon goddess Eostre, and many folk customs associated with Ester, (for example Easter eggs,) are of Pagan origin. Easter Day is currently determined as the first Sunday after the full moon on or after March 21st. The Eastern Orthodox churches however, follow the Julian rather than the Gregorian calendar, so their celebration usually falls several weeks later than the Western Easter.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 8:55 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Belatu'.

According to the Venerable Bede, the name Easter is derived from the Pagan spring festival of the Anglo-Saxon goddess Eostre, and many folk customs associated with Ester, (for example Easter eggs,) are of Pagan origin. Easter Day is currently determined as the first Sunday after the full moon on or after March 21st. The Eastern Orthodox churches however, follow the Julian rather than the Gregorian calendar, so their celebration usually falls several weeks later than the Western Easter.

Hi Stardesk

Its Didge mate, just keep changing my name for fun, sorry about that as it must be confusing.
That is interesting about the pagan beliefs in regards to Easter with the Anglo Saxons.
My new name is of a Celtic God funny enough, be interested on what you know on the Celtic deities.
Have always been fascinated about the legend of Cuchulain from Ireland, the Hound of Ulster.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 21, 2015 8:58 pm

I can't even pronounce your new name

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 3201073460
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:06 pm

eddie wrote:I can't even pronounce your new name

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 3201073460

I think Belatucadros sounds out like.

Belt-up-you-dros.

lol!

Yep what an own goal by me.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Night Eddie.Going to regret up telling you that, now you will call me "Belt up" for short lol

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Belatucadros wrote:Night Eddie.Going to regret up telling you that, now you will call me "Belt up" for short lol

x

Who me? Never!!!

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 1069003512

Night didge x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri May 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Didge.

Here’s an interesting piece about Cuchulainn gleaned: from one of my books:

‘The fearless warrior Cuchulainn, the lone defender of Ulster during the invasion of forces raised by Queen Medb of connaght, is very much the ideal. He was chosen as the Irish champion after a beheading contest with the water giant Uath. No man had the courage to receive the giant’s return blow.’
Cuchulainn won, of course.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 8:59 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Didge.

Here’s an interesting piece about Cuchulainn gleaned: from one of my books:

‘The fearless warrior Cuchulainn, the lone defender of Ulster during the invasion of forces raised by Queen Medb of connaght, is very much the ideal. He was chosen as the Irish champion after a beheading contest with the water giant Uath. No man had the courage to receive the giant’s return blow.’
Cuchulainn won, of course.

Thanks Stardesk
I love the stories about his weapons, Chariot, Chariot driver and most of all his Glorious death.

This ay interest you and more I ask is where such a belief into weapons become so immortalized?

The Gáe Bulg (also Gáe Bulga, Gáe Bolg, Gáe Bolga), meaning "spear of mortal pain/death spear", "gapped/notched spear", or "belly spear", was the name of the spear of Cúchulainn in the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology. It was given to him by his martial arts teacher, the warrior woman Scáthach, and its technique was taught only to him.
It was made from the bone of a sea monster, the Coinchenn, that had died while fighting another sea monster, the Curruid. Although some sources make it out to be simply a particularly deadly spear, others—notably the Book of Leinster—state that it could only be used under very specialized, ritual conditions:

The Gáe Bulg had to be made ready for use on a stream and cast from the fork of the toes. It entered a man's body with a single wound, like ajavelin, then opened into thirty barbs. Only by cutting away the flesh could it be taken from that man's body.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A1e_Bulg

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri May 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Fascinating stories aren't they. I'll browse through my books over the weekend and see what else I can find about Cuchulainn. There's quite a lot I can assure you.

Till then, bye for now. Had a busy day looking for fossils, I found one small one showing a small leaf and twig. Unusual for they don't fossilize as well as bones.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:15 pm

stardesk wrote:Fascinating stories aren't they. I'll browse through my books over the weekend and see what else I can find about Cuchulainn. There's quite a lot I can assure you.

Till then, bye for now. Had a busy day looking for fossils, I found one small one showing a small leaf and twig. Unusual for they don't fossilize as well as bones.

Thanks Stardesk, would welcome any further info on him
Have a good evening buddy, back later myself

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 25, 2015 1:07 am

This one is for victor

Pretty sure he has said something along these lines

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 1CCd81V
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2015 1:37 pm

nice one veya...I LIKE that a lot.......

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 pm

I have seen you try and explain it to didge before in the simulation example,
I understood what you meant to be pretty similar to this egg example.

I think we have pretty similar ideas ( i just like to annoy atheists that are too sure of themselves)
Cool Cool Cool

Ahh well we are all Contributing to the growth of the divine life force in some way Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2015 11:03 pm

veya_victaous wrote:This one is for victor

Pretty sure he has said something along these lines

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 1CCd81V

That hits every nail on the head Veya. I've seen something like it before but I prefer that one. A concept that is so difficult to explain, but that does it beautifully.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 26, 2015 4:52 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 H5oKxP9
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 7:59 pm

'I am the dust in the sunlight, I am the ball of the sun . . .
I am the mist of morning, the breath of evening . . . .
I am the spark in the stone, the gleam of gold in the metal . . . .
The rose and the nightingale drunk with its fragrance.
I am the chain of being, the circle of the spheres,
The scale of creation, the rise and the fall.
I am what is and is not . . .
I am the soul in all.' ~ Rumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Particularly like that one Victor.

And on the power of our own energy and consciousness:

The breath of life
And the light of my mind
Creates an enchantment
Of protection and comfort
As the air I breathe is purified
I surround myself with an orb of gold
This golden haze
Is constantly purified
And separated from any negativity
And my space be protected
and my energy renewed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 11:00 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Snow-bird-1100610-albums-wicca-native-american-spirituality-pic72381-apache-blessing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 11:40 pm

one of two blessings I gave at my stepson's wedding.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 11:44 pm

It's lovely isn't it.

The way I see things and the basis of my belief

I am the shooting star high in the sky
I am the bee, the wasp and the fly
I am the fish as it darts in the river
I am the snowflake making you shiver.
I am the shell that you put to your ear
I am the ocean, the waves that you hear.
I am unending, my quest it goes on
A life's just a stage in a journey that's long
Each level will teach us the wisdom to see
Our energy perfecting - so one day we'll Be.

Last edited by risingsun on Sun May 31, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 12:52 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 EPBUT-2T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 12:04 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Blessing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:46 am

Technically this is for Pantheists
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Eqh8zGm
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 KWDVCZZ
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 UXyJNo6
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 TKeKOHX
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 SFSNJrd
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 UHWzuFM
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 DA33WKe
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 IQuuTU4
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 AJ2tIOr
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 U9GZrCP
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:30 am

That is exactly what I believe Veya, but to me that is Pagan, because not all Pagans believe in Gods and Godesses, Essental Energy that can never die is the basis of all things in nature. I looked up Pantheists and you are quite right, now I'm really confused LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:10 pm

yes i find i am polytheist and pantheist and debate the 2 with myself a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 2347854014
This is why i am of the opinion that the limitation of the mortal means of communication makes it impossible to adequately express the Divine. but it's fun to think about
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 2187004795

I think if you look at Science some degree of Pantheism does seem to exist. this is why people like Einstein suggest it.
this probably expresses my opinion best with regards to fundamental belief But like i said it is just good fun (until fundamentalist Abrahamist and Atheist get involved really the devil )
a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 3e70cbd4d4912e5b0dcfc1b2a983a577

that Silly didge in another thread got me thinking
for me 'gods' are just a useful word for explaining an epic power, an individual greater than our entire species or even all carbon based life on this planet.
But If gods are real an have a physical manifestation would we not call them Aliens? take my solar deity theory would the sun not be a hydrogen based life form (born, grows, dies a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 265384880 ) and then is it an alien or a god? as it is not extraterrestrial (the normal idea of aliens) since it is celestial and bigger than planets that terrestrial life lives on cosmic
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:40 am

Why hydrogen seem to me to be a key component and why Hydrogen life makes since to be the 'prime' life. this explains the Chemistry of life
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:11 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 FUtryh3
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:18 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Wpid-946249_477625745643253_1148688849_n

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:23 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 CGv5bArWQAARsi2

Isn't that just a prayer in itself? The beauty that there is, if you have time to see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 2009-05-04
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:29 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 Kp5zNk1

If you guys don't know what's going on, the being on the right is one of the strongest Hindu Gods, Hanuman, and only with his permission can another being lift his weapon(being held by Thor).
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:25 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 QUmF5AH
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:13 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 A8f93d05bdad656a8fab6c925832971d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:31 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 22daf5753f1715216ada280175f6506f

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:52 pm

risingsun wrote:a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 A8f93d05bdad656a8fab6c925832971d

My daughter and I love picking them and blowing for wishes and also to "plant new flowers"

I've never even thought of them as weeds?

We read a story the other night and they were referred to as "natures clock"
You keep blowing and counting until the seeds have all gone and that will tell you the time.
My little one found that absolutely magical! lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:
risingsun wrote:a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 A8f93d05bdad656a8fab6c925832971d

My daughter and I love picking them and blowing for wishes and also to "plant new flowers"

I've never even thought of them as weeds?

We read a story the other night and they were referred to as "natures clock"
You keep blowing and counting until the seeds have all gone and that will tell you the time.
My little one found that absolutely magical! lol!

I so agree, remember sitting in a field with my children and seeing if we could match the 'blows' to wht our watches said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:51 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  - Page 2 The_da10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next