NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So You're About To Become A Minority

+5
Raggamuffin
Lone Wolf
Original Quill
Fuzzy Zack
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So You're About To Become A Minority  Empty So You're About To Become A Minority

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:13 am

Back to top Go down

So You're About To Become A Minority  Empty Re: So You're About To Become A Minority

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:31 pm

I know it's a tongue in cheek video but I'm beginning to think that racism nowadays is "Let's pick on the whites"

Is it fashionable or something? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

So You're About To Become A Minority  Empty Re: So You're About To Become A Minority

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Did someone say "chip on their shoulder"?

Lol! ;-)

Yes. I did. And you do.

I think, in all honesty, I'm more multi-cultural than you are.
And you'll never agree to that because you're not white so you think you have more to be "angry" about and more reason to "love everyone"

But I will let you think about it and respond when you have.
I don't think you have the measure of me at all Zack.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:47 pm

eddie wrote:I know it's a tongue in cheek video but I'm beginning to think that racism nowadays is "Let's pick on the whites"

I think you missed the irony of the video where minorities have suffered greatly due to white people in America for hundreds of years.

The simple reality is many minorities still suffer today in America, whether it is with crime, wealth, living standards etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Nemesis wrote:
eddie wrote:I know it's a tongue in cheek video but I'm beginning to think that racism nowadays is "Let's pick on the whites"

I think you missed the irony of the video where minorities have suffered greatly due to white people in America for hundreds of years.

The simple reality is many minorities still suffer today in America, whether it is with crime, wealth, living standards etc.

No I didn't miss the point, I got it totally!

My point is, say we made a video about how some towns in England have turned "black" and youths have become like American gangs? And said how blacks and suchlike ha e "ruined" our towns and cities?
Would that be okay?

Think about it: what if a video was made of the reverse of the above video?

I've fought, for years in a very personal and social capacity against racism (slavery used to really make me cry when I was little) so I am totally comfortable with how I feel and who I am when it comes to talking bluntly about this stuff.

And I'm saying it again: it has become fashionable and more acceptable to slag off whites.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

No I didn't miss the point, I got it totally!

My point is, say we made a video about how some towns in England have turned "black" and youths have become like American gangs?
Would that be okay?

Think about it: what if a video was made of the reverse of the above video?

I've fought, for years in a very personal and social capacity against racism (slavery used to really make me cry when I was little) so I am totally comfortable with how I feel and who I am when it comes to talking bluntly about this stuff.

And I'm saying it again: it has become fashionable and more acceptable to slag off whites.

Turned black?

That really is a very poor exageration of turning black and is as about as racist as you can get.

What is wrong in where a place becomes majority black after living through poor living conditions place onto them by that nation?

So you are concerned about gangs that are black, even though the UK going back centuries has had problems with gangs. So how do you explain white gangs in Glasgow?

It shows the race of people is irrelevant but the living conditions of an area or poverty play a huge part in the rise of crime and gangs.

One apsect that would remove much of the crime would be to decriminalise drugs and in fact make many legal, plus safer.
You starve them of their income and you in fact make the social conditions better for the area and not just cast blame failing to understand the problem or the rise of the issue.

You just made an excellent argument in regards to why people do not understand racism or how blacks have suffered for being nothing more than having different coloured skin..

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:06 pm

And you just got really upset at what I wrote - and rightly so!!!

Now imagine my WORDS AS A VIDEO.....just like the video you just put up!!

See?
Thank you for proving my point.
The video was racist and largely unfair against most white Americans.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:09 pm

eddie wrote:And you just got really upset at what I wrote - and rightly so!!!

See?

You clearly do not understand emotions as well, as I am not upset but enjoying this debate.

The video proved a massive point that still goes onto today where little is done about the problem.

Whites certainly face racism and this can be seen in places espcially in South Africa and Zimbabwe.

I can certainly imagine your words being the compilation of a BNP or National Front video.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:16 pm

In fact talking of South Africa, they are seeing a rise of racism towards other refugee Aricans. They wrongly call them xenophobic attacks when they clearly are racist attacks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/11547118/Xenophobic-attacks-on-the-rise-in-South-Africa-We-were-drinking-beer-with-these-people-last-week.-Now-they-want-to-kill-us.html

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Okay you're not getting my point nemesis so I'll try to explain myself better.

If that video was made - but said the total reverse ie "look at the blacks that have invaded our space!" "Go to your local shop and replace a potato for a plantain!"
"See the whites that now have to speak with a black twist!" Etcetera

What do you think people would say?
No don't answer, because you've already said it: it's like a video for the BNP
Well that video is like a video for the DAW party:
Dig At Whites

Yes it's a joke, I get it. Yes whites treated blacks terribly that's true. But can I make a video (with the help of my dearest black friends who see the point) where I list - jokingly! - the crap that some cultures have brought here?? Blacks, Asians, Russians, Polish....

Whilst we are constantly always having to eat I'm-so-sorry pie all the time, why can't we do a funny jokey video about the crap others do?

Shall I tell you why? Because we'd be called racist.

That's my point.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 pm

eddie wrote:Okay you're not getting my point nemesis so I'll try to explain myself better.

If that video was made - but said the total reverse ie "look at the blacks that have invaded our space!" "Go to your local shop and replace a potato for a plantain!"
"See the whites that now have to speak with a black twist!" Etcetera

What do you think people would say?
No don't answer, because you've already said it: it's like a video for the BNP
Well that video is like a video for the DAW party:
Dig At Whites

Yes it's a joke, I get it. Yes whites treated blacks terribly that's true. But can I make a video (with the help of my dearest black friends who see the point) where I list - jokingly! - the crap that some cultures have brought here?? Blacks, Asians, Russians, Polish....

Whilst we are constantly always having to eat I'm-so-sorry pie all the time, why can't we do a funny jokey video about the crap others do?

Shall I tell you why? Because we'd be called racist.

That's my point.

The point is the video I placed has validity to a reality that is going on today in America and has done so since white people colonized the country.

You views is based on unfounded fear made by whites who are in general racist.

Your problem here is you do not want to recognise the problem faced by minorities and whites need to take blame for what in many cases they have created. You wish to ignore that, which is your choice of course but it ignores the problem.

Take for example in both the US and the UK it is whites who are the most prolific drug users and yet it is blacks who disproportionately arrested and placed in prison for drug related offenses.

So on all counts you do not understand racism or its cause and some white people bemoaning having to live with other races, is more their own issue than anything else. Like you look to make a racist argument about black gangs, not even understand how such problems like wealth and living standards create crime, let alone who black people are viewed.

Last edited by Nemesis on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Nemesis wrote:
eddie wrote:And you just got really upset at what I wrote - and rightly so!!!

See?

You clearly do not understand emotions as well, as I am not upset but enjoying this debate.

The video proved a massive point that still goes onto today where little is done about the problem.

Whites certainly face racism and this can be seen in places espcially in South Africa and Zimbabwe.

I can certainly imagine your words being the compilation of a BNP or National Front video.

I agree with Eddie on this one. It is very fashionable at present to show how right on you are by being anti white and clinging to centuries old tales of the white man done me wrong.
Yes he did but he wasn't alone, the white man was a very late comer to slavery. Like it or not some areas of inner city Britain are becoming mainly black and or Muslim. That's not racist that's fact. Trouble is the majority of those who want to let all and sundry in are the ones that don't live in the areas the immigrants settle. Racism pah! Racism is not the prerogative of the white man. Kenyans hate Nigerians Somalis hate Nigerians and Kenyans Portuguese hate Madeirans turks hate Cypriots. Its part of mans make up. This demonising of Farage and scorn for people who are proud of their heritage and culture is not on. Edds is right turn that video round to be about blacks or god help us Muslims and there would be outrage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Nems wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

I agree with Eddie on this one. It is very fashionable at present to show how right on you are by being anti white and clinging to centuries old tales of the white man done me wrong.
Yes he did but he wasn't alone, the white man was a very late comer to slavery. Like it or not some areas of inner city Britain are becoming mainly black and or Muslim. That's not racist that's fact. Trouble is the majority of those who want to let all and sundry in are the ones that don't live in the areas the immigrants settle. Racism pah! Racism is not the prerogative of the white man. Kenyans hate Nigerians Somalis hate Nigerians and Kenyans Portuguese hate Madeirans turks hate Cypriots. Its part of mans make up. This demonising of Farage and scorn for people who are proud of their heritage and culture is not on. Edds is right turn that video round to be about blacks or god help us Muslims and there would be outrage.

How is it anti-white to point out centuries of racism by whites?
That is again ignoring the problem and trying to excuse it at every level.

The fact is by you thinking it is centuries old shows you have no understanding it goes on and is still rife today.

Again you only have to look at the living conditions faced in contrast between both whites and blacks in America, on crime etc.

What you are doing is making the old whites suffer argument which really has no bases in both the US and the UK.

So it seems now if an area becomes more black this is a problem?

How exactly, because their skin colour makes them violent?

Is that what you are claiming.

That shows a lack of wanting social cohesion on your part.

To then point out racism between other races is not ignored either, but is you trying to ignore that problem that is faced by Blacks and Asians in the UK and America.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:47 pm

One last point, whites were not late comers to slavery.

Celts
Romans
Greeks
Sumerians
Canaanites
Assyrians
Hebrews

Just a few examples of the countless ancient Caucasian societies that had slavery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:49 pm

hmmm...

two things spring to mind having watched that....

first is that clearly there is an impied threat there
secondly is the HUFFnPUFF into creating problems, by producing such a potentially inflamatory item, I mean YOU and I may be able to see the irony in it....but what about those "white supremecists" over there...do you think that they will
a) see the irony
or
b) see a threat to be responded to....in their inimitable way....

hardly an effort towards racial harmony is it...

in one short piece of "humour" they stoke the resentment of the coloured
and the fears of the whites...

how clever

OH btw ..nemesis ...are YOU a racial minority......DONT answer...that was a rhetorical question...I know who you are.... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:57 pm

darknessss wrote:hmmm...

two things spring to mind having watched that....

first is that clearly there is an impied threat there
secondly is the HUFFnPUFF into creating problems, by producing such a potentially inflamatory item, I mean YOU and I may be able to see the irony in it....but what about those "white supremecists" over there...do you think that they will
a) see the irony
or
b) see a threat to be responded to....in their inimitable way....

hardly an effort towards racial harmony is it...

in one short piece of "humour" they stoke the resentment of the coloured
and the fears of the whites...

how clever

OH btw ..nemesis ...are YOU a racial minority......DONT answer...that was a rhetorical question...I know who you are.... Razz

You think you know me, that is nice for you where you certainly do not, as this is the first time I have corresponded with you.
That has nothing to do with the debate and shows you wish to diverge the points of the video

For one how can the video be a threat?

The video is showing how poor minorities have been treated and are still treated in the US, where I guess this irony is lost on you.

The fact that is if people fear being a minority further proves this by the view in how minorities have been treated.

That is you basically saying they have been treated poorly and you fear such retribution in revenge for this countless wrongs done.

I would not worry, the reason things are progressing is people have been seeing for some time these wrongs and would hope they do not continue just because a group becomes a minority

You seem very paranoid to think the video was an actual threat where nobody was saying this is going to happen but to show how fears are wrongly formed. This fear is of course born from the fact minorities have been discrminated against.

That is the real irony here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:06 pm

oh give over you old fraud.....

you cant hide your unique style Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:07 pm

darknessss wrote:oh give over you old fraud.....

you cant hide your unique style Laughing

I will take that as you then taking my points as valid then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Nemesis wrote:

Superb point! So very few people get that. It's the convention, not the genes.

Someone was saying recently: There is no such thing as race...but there certainly is racism! Think about it. That's profound.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Superb point!  So very few people get that.  It's the convention, not the genes.

Someone was saying recently: There is no such thing as race...but there certainly is racism!  Think about it.  That's profound.

Profound indeed. Hate is learnt not born with.

It means racism was invented to treat and promote people as inferior.

Its time we dispelled this common misconception around people.

Sunday roast is calling, so I have to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Superb point!  So very few people get that.  It's the convention, not the genes.

Someone was saying recently: There is no such thing as race...but there certainly is racism!  Think about it.  That's profound.

Profound indeed. Hate is learnt not born with.

It means racism was invented to treat and promote people as inferior.

Its time we dispelled this common misconception around people.

Sunday roast is calling, so I have to go.

Enjoy...I'm jealous. Good chatting...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:Did someone say "chip on their shoulder"?

Lol! ;-)

Yes. I did. And you do.

I think, in all honesty, I'm more multi-cultural than you are.
And you'll never agree to that because you're not white so you think you have more to be "angry" about and more reason to "love everyone"

But I will let you think about it and respond when you have.
I don't think you have the measure of me at all Zack.

Firstly, individuals are not multicultural. Societies are.

Nor am I angry and certainly don't love everyone. Don't even know what that means.

Lastly, I'm not interested in measuring you. I have better things to do with my time.

Good. Then don't judge me if you have no interest in me Zack.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
I know it's a tongue in cheek video but I'm beginning to think that racism nowadays is "Let's pick on the whites"

lol!

YOU really do have some major hangups about being that black-loathing, Muslim-hating white honky bigot that we've all witnessed posting increasing amounts of intolerant and racist garbage on here in recent weeks, don't you edd's !?!

afro

Honky? That's a bit racist. Shocked
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
lol!

YOU really do have some major hangups about being that black-loathing, Muslim-hating white honky bigot that we've all witnessed posting increasing amounts of intolerant and racist garbage on here in recent weeks, don't you edd's !?!

afro

Honky? That's a bit racist. Shocked

Not at all.  Comes from American white music, as in Honky-Tonk Bars.

So You're About To Become A Minority  American_Honky_Tonk_Bar

So You're About To Become A Minority  Loretta

So You're About To Become A Minority  51t%2B7qiq6EL._SY300_

So You're About To Become A Minority  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv0BTUQ3gyLsNg1kWGB23XMlcyWpNpOejb1l4Y-_f4iHsyLs2Plg

So You're About To Become A Minority  41ANXMMMX3L

So You're About To Become A Minority  Honky_tonk_nights_poster_01

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:48 pm

I think you'll find that "honky" is a racial slur. Of course, some people will claim it's not because they don't like to admit that anyone can be racist against white people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think you'll find that "honky" is a racial slur. Of course, some people will claim it's not because they don't like to admit that anyone can be racist against white people.

You're being silly, Raggs.  Honky is a term invented by American whites:

Urban slang wrote:The term comes from the word "honky-tonk", which was used as early as 1875 in reference to wild saloons in the Old West. Patrons of such disreputable establishments were referred to as "honkies", not intended as a racial slur but still a disparaging term.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think you'll find that "honky" is a racial slur. Of course, some people will claim it's not because they don't like to admit that anyone can be racist against white people.

It is very much a racist slur against white people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Nemesis wrote:

In your own mind. You have invented this.

Faux racism is a term that describes white claims in response (mirror-image logic) to the excellent arguments that come from the left, regarding white arrogance and practices vis-a-vis other races.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

In your own mind.  You have invented this.

Faux racism is a term that describes white claims in response (mirror-image logic) to the excellent arguments that come from the left, regarding white arrogance and practices vis-a-vis other races.

No, you'll find that calling someone "honky" could be considered racist in the UK at least. Perhaps it's not where you come from.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

and faux racism is a make up term invented by the left along with many other such non standard and un-recognised sayings in order to give them (the intellectually challenged) left

a ladder to climb out of the pit of shit they inevitably dig themselves into....

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, you'll find that calling someone "honky" could be considered racist in the UK at least. Perhaps it's not where you come from.

No, not where I came from, nor in Britain.  White people bear a tremendous guilt about their selfish ways in the past.  One such way was racism.  As a means of assuaging their guilt, whites often look for parallels (again, the mirror-image logic) that place themselves in the role of the victim.  Because ugly terms were used in the past (sometimes, in the present) to refer to blacks, asians, Hispanics, etc., whites will seek about to find parallel terms by which they can claim victim status.

Writ large: this is the whole basis for the counterclaim of racism on the part of whites.  The one way to wash away that faux argument is to point out that whites never had to go through the history.  Ergo: there is no point behind terms and practices they claim to be racist.  Whites are just looking for a free ride.

The term 'honky' is a perfect example.  Not only is it a term derived from the white man's own lexicon, but there is really nothing derogatory about it.  Ultimately, it refers to a kind of music that was played by pianos in the Gay 90's.  True, 'Honky-Tonks' became known as disreputable places, but that was also a parallel evolution, as this was also known as the temperance movement era, which led in America to prohibition.  The term 'honky' pre-dates, and is the origin of that form of disparagement.

"Honky' became a term in the 1960's among hip crowds to describe non-hip people. It referred to jig-dancing and Texas two-steps--herky-jerky kinds of steps.  The term was only borrowed by blacks because they considered themselves--as originators of jazz and blues--as exclusively and inevitably hip.  If anything, they were congratulating themselves on doing something right for once.  Lol.

There is no history of oppression of white people.  There was no slavery of whites in the American south.  There was no KKK to hang whites.  There was no segregation.  There was no Southern Strategy among blacks.  There was, and is only white people today wanting some of the victim status in order, once again, to take away from black folk.

Gad...the privileged get more privileged, don't they?  This is how the rich get richer.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

No you are excusing a racist term full stop and thus encouraging racism.

That is wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honky

Stop trying to deny the facts please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, not where I came from, nor in Britain.  White people bear a tremendous guilt about their selfish ways in the past.  One such way was racism.  As a means of assuaging their guilt, whites often look for parallels (again, the mirror-image logic) that place themselves in the role of the victim.  Because ugly terms were used in the past (sometimes, in the present) to refer to blacks, asians, Hispanics, etc., whites will seek about to find parallel terms by which they can claim victim status.

Writ large: this is the whole basis for the counterclaim of racism on the part of whites.  The one way to wash away that faux argument is to point out that whites never had to go through the history.  Ergo: there is no point behind terms and practices they claim to be racist.  Whites are just looking for a free ride.

The term 'honky' is a perfect example.  Not only is it a term derived from the white man's own lexicon, but there is really nothing derogatory about it.  Ultimately, it refers to a kind of music that was played by pianos in the Gay 90's.  True, 'Honky-Tonks' became known as disreputable places, but that was also a parallel evolution, as this was also known as the temperance movement era, which led in America to prohibition.  The term 'honky' pre-dates, and is the origin of that form of disparagement.

"Honky' became a term in the 1960's among hip crowds to describe non-hip people.  It was only borrowed by blacks because they considered themselves--as originators of jazz and blues--as exclusively and inevitably hip.  If anything, they were congratulating themselves on doing something right.  Lol.

There is no history of oppression of white people.  There was no slavery of whites in the American south.  There was no KKK to hang whites.  There was no segregation.  There was no Southern Strategy among blacks.  There was, and is only white people today wanting some of the victim status in order, once again, to take away from black folk.

Gad...the privileged get more privileged, don't they?  This is how the rich get richer.

I'm afraid you're wrong about the UK. There are other words which seem to be harmless on the face of it, but are considered to be racist.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That is wrong

What facts, didge? You are being ignorant again. You haven't given and facts to whine about.

You are oversensitive, because I am right an you know it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

"Honky' became a term in the 1960's among hip crowds to describe non-hip people.  It was only borrowed by blacks because they considered themselves--as originators of jazz and blues--as exclusively and inevitably hip.  If anything, they were congratulating themselves on doing something right.  Lol.

I'm afraid you're wrong about the UK. There are other words which seem to be harmless on the face of it, but are considered to be racist.

When, in the past two-thousand years, was there ever slavery in the UK??

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

That is wrong

What facts, didge?  You are being ignorant again.  You haven't given and facts to whine about.

You are oversensitive, because I am right an you know it.

Its Nemesis and again you are being completely ignorant here because again it is a racist slur and you are defending a racist slur making you a racist full stop
You are completely wrong as seen.

Honky (also spelled honkie or sometimes honkey) is mainly a racial slur for white people, predominantly heard in the United States.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's nothing to do with slavery, it's to do with context. Calling someone a "white honky bigot" would be considered a racial slur because it's intended as an insult based on race. Calling someone "black" is not racist, but if it's used in the context of an insult, it may well be.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Good evening Quill.

If I remember my junior school history correctly,the Romans enslaved many ancient Britons when they invaded us in about 55BC.

I would guess that in about 55 years time,present day Britons will be enslaved by Muslims.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:

lol!

afro

No. I'm just not blindly ignorant and I'm not PC either
You can label me what you like.
I don't love you or even like you that much, so I don't care what you think, it's really that simple.

Are you allowed to call me a white honky? Isn't that racist?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:25 pm

Which is exactly my point on this very thread.
I rarely debate with lone wolf. I've always found him to be pretty ignorant if I'm honest.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I thought the video was funny, biting and spot-on. The point -- anything you do to me could eventually be done to you, so be nice Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I thought the video was funny, biting and spot-on. The point -- anything you do to me could eventually be done to you, so be nice Smile

And if it was the other way round? What if I made a video about bombing Muslims?
Would that be ok?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:14 pm

and you all still miss the point I made.....

just what do you think this will be seen as by the "white supremacists"?

isnt it just "stoking the fire"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I thought the video was funny, biting and spot-on. The point -- anything you do to me could eventually be done to you, so be nice Smile

And if it was the other way round? What if I made a video about bombing Muslims?
Would that be ok?

I don't think it would be equivalent. The OP video is about how white America systemically treated minority groups for generations; I don't see the parallel with "bombing Muslims" or whatever.

What would you call that video in the first place? "So You're Muslim and You're About to Get Bombed By the West"? I think it's a bit late for that one Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next