NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard' Graphic photo

4 posters

Go down

'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  Empty 'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard' Graphic photo

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 pm

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Kristen Lindsey of Brenham, Texas, believed the animal was non-domestic
Said the only good feral cat was one 'with an arrow through it's head'
She then stated: 'Vet of the year award...gladly accepted'
Local rescue center has since claimed the cat called Tiger wasn't feral
Colorado State graduate has been fired from Washington Animal Clinic
Prosecutors now considering whether she should face criminal charges

'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  27AF27FE00000578-0-image-a-2_1429313669480

A veterinarian has been fired from her clinic after she posted a horrifying image of her holding a cat she had killed by firing an arrow into its head on Facebook.

Kristen Lindsey, 31, who lives in Brenham, Texas, allegedly hunted the animal down in her backyard and shot it with a bow, believing it was feral.

But a local rescue center say the cat, believed to be called Tiger, was domesticated and had been missing for around two weeks.

Beneath the shocking image, Lindsey, a Wyoming native, wrote: 'My first bow kill... lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head. Vet of the year award... gladly accepted.'

She also said in a comment, before she learned she no longer had a job: 'And no I did not lose my job. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I'm awesome.'

The Colorado State graduate lost her job at the Washington Animal Clinic after the image began circulating online and staff have since been distancing themselves from the former employee.

Staff at released a statement on Facebook on Friday saying: 'We are absolutely appalled, shocked, upset, and disgusted by the conduct.

'We have parted ways with Ms. Lindsey. We do not allow such conduct and we condemn it in the strongest possible manner,' the clinic said in the statement.'

'Please know that when informed of this we responded swiftly and appropriately and please do not impute this awful conduct to the Washington Animal Clinic or any of its personnel.'

Local prosecutors are now considering whether she should face criminal charges.

A Facebook page, called 'justice for the cat murdered by Kirsten Lindsey' has already been 'liked' by more than 7,000 people.

A video of the six-year-old cat that Lindsey is believed to have killed riding on top of a tractor has also surfaced online.

'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  27AF552C00000578-3044354-image-a-31_1429319550540
Lindsey, pictured with her mother Becky, said after the picture was uploaded that she didn't lose her job - claiming no one would fire her because she is 'awesome'. However she later learned she had been fired
Local prosecutors are now considering whether she should face criminal charges. She was also slammed online with a number of people saying she should lose her veterinarian licence

Austin County Sheriff Jack Brandes says he was disturbed by the image.

He told KBTX: 'This kind of stuff shouldn't happen in our society,' Brandes said. 'It's a very sad thing.

'Hopefully we will get to the bottom of it and get the truth, 100 per cent truth, and get it to the DA and put it in his hands if it needs to go any further.'

The Texas Veterinary Medical Association also condemned her reactions, insisting her conduct does not reflect the standards of other vets.

In a statement, they said: 'The Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) strongly condemns the actions of a veterinarian who claims to have recently shot and killed a feral cat with the use of a bow and arrow.

'The veterinarian, who worked in Brenham, Texas, and is not a TVMA member, posted a picture of herself holding the deceased cat on her personal Facebook page along with some insensitive remarks about the incident.

'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  27AF4BEC00000578-3044354-image-a-29_1429317527996

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3044354/My-bow-kill-lol-Self-proclaimed-vet-year-fired-posting-picture-holding-dead-cat-ARROW-head-allegedly-hunted-animal-shot-it.html#ixzz3XhPNQkut
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Video on the link and the reactions of the clinic where she was a vet!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  Empty Re: 'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard' Graphic photo

Post by Cass Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:45 am

oh my God .....sick twisted bitch.

sounds like shes someone who has a vastly overinflated opinion of herself besides her lack of empathy and ethics.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  Empty Re: 'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard' Graphic photo

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:53 am

Good grief. Supposed to look after animals is she?

She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near treating animals ever again.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:56 am

Brenham is a city in east-central Texas in Washington County, Texas, United States, with a population of 15,716

If she is in a rural area and it doesn't have a collar, that is pretty normal
Feral Cats are a big problem in some places, Victor shots foxes for the same reason.

Generally here you are talking 100 acre plus properties if people are hunting and you be fairly sure they are feral.
Does anyone know what sort of size properties are in the area? it does seem rural scratch
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:04 pm

I dont think of necessity the fact that she shot the cat is a problem

what stinks id her attitude to it

"HEY look at me I'M AWESOME  i just shot a cat"
"Im SOOOOO good nobody would sack me"....well you misjudged that one didnt you miss gobby.....

big deal missus....

it probably walked up to you purring....
@veya

true enough in some places ...especially in your neck of the woods I can well see how cats are such a problem and why they need controlling....

Last edited by darknessss on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Tiger's owners must be devastated, I don't know how some people live with themselves 'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  Sad-0410

Especially as she's a vet, presumably to help animals.  I wonder what she'd look like with an arrow through her head No

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Kristen Lindsey wrote:She also said in a comment, before she learned she no longer had a job: 'And no I did not lose my job. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I'm awesome.'

"Um, Kristen...could you step into my office for a minute...there's something you are unclear about."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 pm

@dark
Agree her attitude like any trophy hunter sucks.
that is the problem with this case is she would probably be just as happy if it was an endangered animal.

Pest control is just a fact of life
and hunting for food is the natural way of things
but Hunting for Sport is just barbaric
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:15 pm

feelthelove wrote:Tiger's owners must be devastated, I don't know how some people live with themselves 'Vet of the year' fired after posing holding a dead pet cat she killed with a bow and arrow after 'hunting it down in her backyard'   Graphic photo  Sad-0410

Especially as she's a vet, presumably to help animals.  I wonder what she'd look like with an arrow through her head No
greatly improved methinks....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down