NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trojan warning

5 posters

Go down

Trojan warning Empty Trojan warning

Post by stardesk Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi folks. While I was trying to post a joke on Newsfix, everything locked up. I switched everything off, broadband etc, and shut down the pc. When I started up today my security prog' said it found and has deleted a trojan. So, I don't know if it was someone on Newsfix or from elsewhere. Be alert to these threats.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trojan warning Empty Re: Trojan warning

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:30 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. While I was trying to post a joke on Newsfix, everything locked up. I switched everything off, broadband etc, and shut down the pc. When I started up today my security prog' said it found and has deleted a trojan. So, I don't know if it was someone on Newsfix or from elsewhere. Be alert to these threats.
I am pretty sure some sort of cyber attack is under way
i am getting a lot of dos attacks and attempts to spoof ip address reported by my network monitoring software

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:39 pm

I've not had any problems or alerts.  I use Kaspersky security, should I be worried? Trojan warning Scared13

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:47 pm

No problem here as yet
I'll keep my eyes peeled
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:48 pm

feelthelove wrote:I've not had any problems or alerts.  I use Kaspersky security, should I be worried? Trojan warning Scared13
Not especially No basically its slowing the net down

watch this

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/understanding-ddos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:00 pm

korban dallas wrote:
feelthelove wrote:I've not had any problems or alerts.  I use Kaspersky security, should I be worried? Trojan warning Scared13
Not especially No basically its slowing the net down

watch this

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/understanding-ddos/

Trojan warning Thank_10

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Two days ago someone took over my computer in my presence...amateurs.  I still have the evidence, on my daily sheet.  I have an emergency drop switch, which I hit and everything went off immediately. I think I know who it is.

I've been watching since.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:58 am

Original Quill wrote:Two days ago someone took over my computer in my presence...amateurs.  I still have the evidence, on my daily sheet.  I have an emergency drop switch, which I hit and everything went off immediately.  I think I know who it is.

took over your computer .....how so ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:44 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Two days ago someone took over my computer in my presence...amateurs.  I still have the evidence, on my daily sheet.  I have an emergency drop switch, which I hit and everything went off immediately.  I think I know who it is.

There is a worm, available commercially, which can be planted in a computer, and allows the off-site 'visitor' to operate your very machine, even in your presence.  Sometimes it is quite comical...s/he makes a move, you reverse the move, s/he does it again...quite clearly, it takes the 'off-site' visitor some time to realize what is happening.

But I don't stick around to play games.  I simply hit the drop switch.  My drop switch cuts ALL power from the wall, including the computer and the router, and the batteries...I then isolate the system and remove the threat.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

There is a worm, available commercially, which can be planted in a computer, and allows the off-site 'visitor' to operate your very machine, even in your presence.  Sometimes it is quite comical...s/he makes a move, you reverse the move, s/he does it again...quite clearly, it takes the 'off-site' visitor some time to realize what is happening.

But I don't stick around to play games.  I simply hit the drop switch.  My drop switch cuts ALL power from the wall, including the computer and the router, and the batteries...I then isolate the system and remove the threat.
planted or downloaded ?
because planted implies some direct physical access to your machine and that`s a whole different problem

Ps just pulling the network cable will work just as well
and your less likely to damage your machine/HD than with a sudden power loss ........just saying that`s how you end up with bad blocks on your HD

pps
unless your wireless connected in witch case just turn off the router

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:Two days ago someone took over my computer in my presence...amateurs.  I still have the evidence, on my daily sheet.  I have an emergency drop switch, which I hit and everything went off immediately. I think I know who it is.

Hss the hallmark of Hugh Jardon.
Perhaps he is out on parole and dancing again to Deans puppet strings.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Ffs handy,give it a rest, every thing you post is a knock at Flap, the Tories or Ukip.

post something entertaining.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:52 pm

Knocking Flap, the Tories and UKIP is the best entertainment going, it's so easy, they are all so risible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 pm

nicko wrote:Ffs handy,give it a rest, every thing you post is a knock at Flap, the Tories or Ukip.

post something entertaining.

I do.
Your stock reply is that Labour caused it a decade ago.
I would post more , but Dean is poised on his hotline to the police.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:29 pm

A similar thing happened to me when I posted here early last year.My usual skull & crossbones avatar was changed for one of a painting of flowers.

I & a member of admin pretty well worked out which poster was responsible & fortunately that poster left the site shortly afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down