NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up!

3 posters

Go down

Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up! Empty Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:17 pm

9th June 2014

Girls attending a school placed in special measures by Ofsted because of concerns over infiltration by Islamic extremists have told Sky News that Park View deserved to face action.

The girls, who did not want to be identified, told Sky's Social Affairs and Education Editor Afua Hirsch: "Our school deserves this ... for the things that it has done."

Their comments come after Ofsted acted to put five Birmingham schools in special measures, a move described by David Hughes, vice-chairman of the Park View Educational Trust as "truly shocking".

The girls said: "Our school is too extreme but not in a terrorist way. They are strict with us and they use religion as an excuse.

"Basically they don't let boys and girls mix and stuff.

"If they see you talking to a boy they will call your parents or come to your house, which they did to a lot of people."

The girls said that the truth was often embellished and added to when parents were approached.

The school says that boys and girls are not stopped from sitting together but the girls said "that's not true".

"Before, we couldn't sit next to boys and if we did we would get moved. Now we don't even dare sit next to boys because of the consequences."

They said that pupils were afraid to speak out about what had been happening at the school.

The girls said that they weren't taught about other religions, although the view from two male pupils was somewhat different.

http://news.sky.com/story/1278744/trojan-horse-pupils-school-is-too-extreme

Back to top Go down

Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up! Empty Re: Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up!

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:48 pm

The view from the male students:

Kasim Shah and Sadak Ali said they believed everyone has open choice and that they were taught about other religions.

They said the school had a "small proportion" of non-Muslim pupils who mixed well.

"Everyone is treated equally. No one is forced to pray. No one is forced to do anything. Its an open school," said Sadak.

"I'm a 'beat boxer'," he added. "I get involved in music even though it is not encouraged in my religion but I want to do it.

"The school don't force you to do things you don't want to do. It's your choice."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up! Empty Re: Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The view from the male students:

Kasim Shah and Sadak Ali said they believed everyone has open choice and that they were taught about other religions.

They said the school had a "small proportion" of non-Muslim pupils who mixed well.

"Everyone is treated equally. No one is forced to pray. No one is forced to do anything. Its an open school," said Sadak.

"I'm a 'beat boxer'," he added. "I get involved in music even though it is not encouraged in my religion but I want to do it.

"The school don't force you to do things you don't want to do. It's your choice."

Ah, sorry, i should have added:

All males associated with the school say it's great and perfectly suited for their modern lives.

Thanks Benji.

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:51 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:The view from the male students:

Ah, sorry, i should have added:

All males associated with the school say it's great and perfectly suited for their modern lives.

Thanks Benji.

lol

Haha, no need to take further liberties with the facts, BA -- I already added the two boys' views that were included in the article.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:01 pm

I wonder if they are going to look into the all girls schools in the UK that segregate the sexes:

http://www.gsa.uk.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Sassy wrote:I wonder if they are going to look into the all girls schools in the UK that segregate the sexes:

A single sex school is a single sex school. A mixed school should not have segregation in place. This is the UK.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Sassy wrote:I wonder if they are going to look into the all girls schools in the UK that segregate the sexes:

Sassy that's different. I went to a single sex school, a convent. There was a boy's school round the corner. We had mixed events and hung around together. Our teachers certainly wouldn't have expected the girls to sit at the back of the room when they were present, or treat us as second class citizens like these muslims did!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

Sassy that's different.  I went to a single sex school, a convent.  There was a boy's school round the corner.  We had mixed events and hung around together.  Our teachers certainly wouldn't have expected the girls to sit at the back of the room when they were present, or treat us as second class citizens like these muslims did!

I agree Tess, I went to a co-ed boarding school and there is no way we would have tolerated being told to sit in separate sections. However, I do think that the parents who send their children to segregated schools are doing exactly the same thing as the governers who are segregating pupils in these schools. I have never understood the need for different schools for boys and girls. Yes, I know that boys actually learn better with no girls around, but it kind of sets a precedent for the rest of their lives. What are they going to do, get a job where the other sex isn't allowed? Lets have them all integrated while we are at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Classes were mixed when I went to school but the gym sessions were not The playgrounds were separate and also Protestants and Catholics went to separate schools.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Classes were mixed when I went to school but the gym sessions were not The playgrounds were separate and  also Protestants and Catholics went to separate schools.
Blimey you're talking a long time ago aren't you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Classes were mixed when I went to school but the gym sessions were not The playgrounds were separate and  also Protestants and Catholics went to separate schools.

Well, he's younger than me, and I think he is probably younger than you Tess. Come to think of it, gym and games were separate for us as well, and playgrounds. Until Irn said, I hadn't remembered that. Oh, and we had a dance on a Saturday night, but boys came in one end and girls in the other and sat on opposite sides of the room, and if we had a film instead, it was opposite sides of the room for that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Sassy wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy that's different.  I went to a single sex school, a convent.  There was a boy's school round the corner.  We had mixed events and hung around together.  Our teachers certainly wouldn't have expected the girls to sit at the back of the room when they were present, or treat us as second class citizens like these muslims did!

I agree Tess, I went to a co-ed boarding school and there is no way we would have tolerated being told to sit in separate sections.   However, I do think that the parents who send their children to segregated schools are doing exactly the same thing as the governers who are segregating pupils in these schools.   I have never understood the need for different schools for boys and girls.   Yes, I know that boys actually learn better with no girls around, but it kind of sets a precedent for the rest of their lives.   What are they going to do, get a job where the other sex isn't allowed?    Lets have them all integrated while we are at it.
As I said, we had joint events, social stuff... and tbh we did get a bloody good education. Our two schools got some of the best results around - some students from them are well-known and successful now. I think it was good we concentrated on our lesson not on boys. Time and a place and all that. Plus, our teachers were very keen on proving girls could have successful careers, and that was a few years back now. They certainly didn't think women had their own place; at the back of the room!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Sassy wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Well, he's younger than me, and I think he is probably younger than you Tess.   Come to think of it, gym and games were separate for us as well, and playgrounds.   Until Irn said, I hadn't remembered that.   Oh, and we had a dance on a Saturday night, but boys came in one end and girls in the other and sat on opposite sides of the room, and if we had a film instead, it was opposite sides of the room for that as well.

Was that in Scotland or something; certainly didn't happen at the mixed schools my sisters went to in London.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Well, he's younger than me, and I think he is probably younger than you Tess.   Come to think of it, gym and games were separate for us as well, and playgrounds.   Until Irn said, I hadn't remembered that.   Oh, and we had a dance on a Saturday night, but boys came in one end and girls in the other and sat on opposite sides of the room, and if we had a film instead, it was opposite sides of the room for that as well.

Was that in Scotland or something; certainly didn't happen at the mixed schools my sisters went to in London.

It was certainly the case in Scotland Tess. And as Sass said as well, at the dance the lads had to sit on one side and the girls on the other. The lads then had to pick a girl to dance with and christ you had to be off your mark to get a good one.

If you ain't fast you're last Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy wrote:

No, Wymondham College in Norfolk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

It was certainly the case in Scotland Tess. And as Sass said as well, at the dance the lads had to sit on one side and the girls on the other. The lads then had to pick a girl to dance with and christ you had to be off your mark to get a good one.

Lucky you Irn...the teacher's picked for us!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

I used to dance with the French teacher, 24, from Paris  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Dalkeith High School

Gone now

Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up! 3011933_6c239d99
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm

http://www.wymondhamcollege.org/

It's grown some, although it was large when I was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Sassy wrote:http://www.wymondhamcollege.org/

It's grown some, although it was large when I was there.

Is this it?

Trojan Horse - The Pupils Speak Up! Seating_Shelter_Norfolk_Wymondham
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Yep, just a tiny part of it, set in lord knows how many acres, all kinds of facilities. They built an olympic sized swimming pool when I was there. Tennis courts, rugby pitches, cricket pitches, athletic tracks, labs, you name it, they had it. Although at the time, some of the classes were still in nissan huts, but they were building like mad. It had been a US Army hospital during the war.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:35 pm

how about this

"these schools are "state school...therfore

you WILL teach the national curriculum...properly AND IN FULL
there will be NO segregation in class rooms, in the playground (or whatever)
there will be NO religion taught (except as "comparative religion")
there will be NO dietry requirements catered for ...except on medical grounds...

like it or lump it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:39 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:how about this

"these schools are "state school...therfore

you WILL teach the national curriculum...properly AND IN FULL
there will be NO segregation in class rooms, in the playground (or whatever)
there will be NO religion taught (except as "comparative religion")
there will be NO dietry requirements catered for ...except on medical grounds...

like it or lump it....

Not sure, but I think you will find that the main source of the problem is that the main one is an academy, and doesn't have to follow those rules and the local council can't oversee it. Could be wrong. State schools have to teach religion. Think it might be an idea not to cloud the issue by bringing dietary requirements into it, not relevant and rather petty Victor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Not really Sass...I said ALL and I mean ALL (except medical)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:30 am

I think the key point here is:

why are Sassy and Iron clearly defending all of this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down