NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katie Flopkins at it yet again.

+3
Raggamuffin
Fuzzy Zack
Andy
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Katie Flopkins at it yet again. Empty Katie Flopkins at it yet again.

Post by Andy Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:44 pm

RW's all time number 1 heroine and idol is at it again - calling for dementia sufferers to be put down.
Bearing in mind I lost my ma in law 2 months ago to altzheimers, I would be intruiged to see anyone's defence of her sick post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3028787/Outrage-vile-abysmal-Katie-Hopkins-brands-dementia-patients-bed-blockers-questions-point-living-illness.html.

Even the rw Mail is aghast.

Last edited by veya_victaous on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dont address articles to specific posters to cause trouble)
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Katie Flopkins at it yet again. Empty Re: Katie Flopkins at it yet again.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Didge's all yime number 1heroine and idol is at it again - cakkling for denentia sufferers to bw put down.
Bearing in mind I ladt my ma in law 2 months ago to altzheimers, I would ve intruiged to see Didges defence of her sick post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3028787/Outrage-vile-abysmal-Katie-Hopkins-brands-dementia-patients-bed-blockers-questions-point-living-illness.html

I will post this to the admin as this is trying to start a thread shit stirring where at no point have I ever supported her on anything but the lefties here since they have returned seem intent on shit stirring.

Thread reported

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Does make you wonder if she is suffering from a form of dementia? Surely no human being could be that vile and be sane?

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Didge's all yime number 1heroine and idol is at it again - cakkling for denentia sufferers to bw put down.
Bearing in mind I ladt my ma in law 2 months ago to altzheimers, I would ve intruiged to see Didges defence of her sick post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3028787/Outrage-vile-abysmal-Katie-Hopkins-brands-dementia-patients-bed-blockers-questions-point-living-illness.html

So you have chance to retract your lies Handy pandy, as seen your lies are easily caught out.
So post up your evidence that I support her, if not , i suugest you crawl back up that gutter you belong in
How dare you use the loss of your mother also when I spoke of my sorrow on hearing this, that is disgusting to even use on me, fucking twat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Her latest one:

Katie Hopkins ‏@KTHopkins 5 hrs5 hours ago

Building work was underway at this Brummy mosque to replace a few floors when it collapsed. Allahu Akbar

Katie Flopkins at it yet again. CB_FKbmWgAABDrx

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:58 pm

risingsun wrote:Does make you wonder if she is suffering from a form of dementia?   Surely no human being could be that vile and be sane?

Are you suggesting that people with dementia are vile?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Didge's all time number 1 heroine and idol is at it again - calling for dementia sufferers to be put down.
Bearing in mind I lost my ma in law 2 months ago to altzheimers, I would be intruiged to see Didge's defence of her sick post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3028787/Outrage-vile-abysmal-Katie-Hopkins-brands-dementia-patients-bed-blockers-questions-point-living-illness.html.

Even the rw Mail is aghast.

She said that she would put herself down if she got dementia.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:11 pm

From that article:

'Most depression is just genuine sadness at a social situation. Like being caught in torrential rain with a bag from Primark.'

I'm absolutely not mocking anyone with depression, but I can really relate to the issue of being caught in torrential rain with a bag from Primark. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Edited the OP
please don't address the OP at a individual poster to start trouble.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Despite some cry baby antics, I notice that condemnation of KH isn't total on this board.
There are those who cannot come to criticise the most vile rw media "celebrity".
Shame on them.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:49 am

Handy Andy wrote:Despite some cry baby antics, I notice that condemnation of KH isn't total on this board.
There are those who cannot come to criticise the most vile rw media "celebrity".
Shame on them.

Stop it and grow up.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:50 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:She will soon learn there is a bigger bitch than her and her name is Karma.

Well said.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:48 am

Handy Andy wrote:Despite some cry baby antics, I notice that condemnation of KH isn't total on this board.
Shame on them.

Why do you need the whole forum to condemn her?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:11 am

I am interested in exploring the psyche of those who support such abhorrent views.
We have freedom of speech, but with that freedom comes the responsibility to foster good citizenship.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:15 am

Handy Andy wrote:I am interested in exploring the psyche of those who support such abhorrent views.
We have freedom of speech, but with that freedom comes the responsibility to  foster good citizenship.

Oh I see. Sorry about your ma in law. KH is dreadfully offensive in the way she puts things, but isn't she really saying that she wouldn't be able to cope with dementia herself? I gather that in the late stages it's a dreadful condition to have.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:59 am

Handy Andy wrote:I am interested in exploring the psyche of those who support such abhorrent views.
We have freedom of speech, but with that freedom comes the responsibility to  foster good citizenship.

The fact is I am aghast at some of her views and for you tto then use this in the most idiotic manner actually shows how you are as vile as she is.
Making poor unfounded disgusting claims as you did makes you as bad as she is as again I was sorry for your loss and then you use this loss to use as means to attack a poster.
That is disgusting on every level and you should be ashamed of yourself that you would use her loss in that capacity to play such a poor and unfounded accusation on a poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

I hope you are all well.

There are ways & means of saying things & from what I have seen of Hopkins,she comes over as insensitive.However,those people who have responded to her tweets are pretending to be over sensitive & are also employing victim & being offended status.......A common problem with many modern day Brits as there used to be a time when the majority of the British population had backbones.

However,I digress.Hopkins when discussing a sad subject like dementia should & could have moderated her language but she seems to have all the sensitivity of a pirate Rolling Eyes tisk,tisk.

But the hand wringing sanctimonious & oh so offended set need to man/woman up & grow a pair.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:42 pm

She says what she thinks and isn't to the taste of everyone.
Perhaps she meant that it's incredibly selfish and self-serving to keep people with dementia alive - let's face it, the affected ones cannot rationally make that decsion whilst suffering, can they? Perhaps the families are too guilty/scared/worried to speak out and say that they too, would like to put these sufferers out of their misery?

She has an incredibly crass and vulgar approach with her opinions but sometimes maybe she has a point?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:46 pm

eddie wrote:She says what she thinks and isn't to the taste of everyone.
Perhaps she meant that it's incredibly selfish and self-serving to keep people with dementia alive - let's face it, the affected ones cannot rationally make that decsion whilst suffering, can they? Perhaps the families are too guilty/scared/worried to speak out and say that they too, would like to put these sufferers out of their misery?

She has an incredibly crass and vulgar approach with her opinions but sometimes maybe she has a point?

Good afternoon Eddie.

I trust you are well.

For what it's worth,I fully agree with your comments.Regarding Hopkins,I just don't understand why she has to be so crass & vulgar about such sad subjects.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:02 pm

I think she likes to make an impression and craves attention - perhaps she was neglected as a child, who knows?

I know a lot of people who've said they'd rather be dead than confused and left dribbling in a chair.
In the main, dementia sufferers live out their lives in nursing homes as it's incredibly hard for most family members or partners to look after and care for them.

Once you take on the responsibility of looking after a person with dementia you may as well kiss your life and freedom goodbye mostly: they are full-time work, much more work than even a toddler!

Unless you have looked after someone like this - and working for years in nursing homes, I have - then you simply cannot imagine how much of a 24/7 job it can be.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:07 pm

eddie wrote:I think she likes to make an impression and craves attention  - perhaps she was neglected as a child, who knows?

I know a lot of people who've said they'd rather be dead than confused and left dribbling in a chair.
In the main, dementia sufferers live out their lives in nursing homes as it's incredibly hard for most family members or partners to look after and care for them.

Once you take on the responsibility of looking after a person with dementia you may as well kiss your life and freedom goodbye mostly: they are full-time work, much more work than even a toddler!

Unless you have looked after someone like this - and working for years in nursing homes, I have - then you simply cannot imagine how much of a 24/7 job it can be.

Clearly Hopkins hasn't taken your points into consideration before opening her mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Well i don't think she's heard them, so why would she? geek
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Hopkins is paid by the Sun to be as vile as she can to shir up the shit. Her opinion is worth just that - shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:56 pm

risingsun wrote:Hopkins is paid by the Sun to be as vile as she can to shir up the shit.  Her opinion is worth just that - shit.

Well she gets people talking. Even just in this thread, people have been discussing the issue of dementia.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Shady wrote:
eddie wrote:I think she likes to make an impression and craves attention  - perhaps she was neglected as a child, who knows?

Clearly Hopkins hasn't taken your points into consideration before opening her mouth.

Surely she has done that. She didn't put it very well, but she's basically saying the same thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
risingsun wrote:Hopkins is paid by the Sun to be as vile as she can to shir up the shit.  Her opinion is worth just that - shit.

Well she gets people talking. Even just in this thread, people have been discussing the issue of dementia.

Nope, they have been discussing her attitude to it that stinks. She's offensive to the nth degree and I won't be discussing her again, she's not worth the oxygen. Dregs of the dregs and that's being unfair to dregs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Shady wrote:

Surely she has done that. She didn't put it very well, but she's basically saying the same thing.

It's all a storm in a tea cup & hardly worth discussing.Now that ship wreck of a mosque is worth a laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:03 pm

risingsun wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nope, they have been discussing her attitude to it that stinks.  She's offensive to the nth degree and I won't be discussing her again, she's not worth the oxygen.  Dregs of the dregs and that's being unfair to dregs.

Eddie has been posting about the subject of dementia itself.

Don't discuss her then - you're not being forced to do so.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm

risingsun wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nope, they have been discussing her attitude to it that stinks.  She's offensive to the nth degree and I won't be discussing her again, she's not worth the oxygen.  Dregs of the dregs and that's being unfair to dregs.

What do you admire about her most?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:33 pm

risingsun wrote:Does make you wonder if she is suffering from a form of dementia?   Surely no human being could be that vile and be sane?

Katie Flopkins at it yet again. Th?id=HN.607988037566991582&pid=15

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:45 pm

risingsun wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Is it the fact that you disagree with her so strongly or you just dislike her, ergo, her opinions?

Do you think that some people might be relieved when a family member with dementia dies? Relieved for themeslves and for the actual person suffering.
Who wants to see their family member suffering?

So is it the way she phrased it, or the essence of what she said?
Sometimes I dont know whether people let their dislike of someone get in the way of actually thinking for themselves. It's a very narrow-minded way to be.

That question to HA too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 pm

When My Grandmother died she had advanced altzheimers that had progressed for over a decade
In many ways it was a relief when she passed away.
it was very hard on my grandfather to look after her as she got worse and wouldn't remember him sometimes. we ended up having to send her to a home after she turned the stove on in the night a couple of times Neutral

Personally I would prefer to be dead
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:30 pm

veya_victaous wrote:When My Grandmother died she had advanced altzheimers that had progressed for over a decade
In many ways it was a relief when she passed away.
it was very hard on my grandfather to look after her as she got worse and wouldn't remember him sometimes. we ended up having to send her to a home after she turned the stove on in the night a couple of times Neutral

Personally I would prefer to be dead

And that's my point.
You just said it far nicer than the silly Hopkins woman

It's not what she says: it's the way she says it. That's why I don't dismiss her out of hand.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:40 pm

No, is not the way she says it, it's why she says it. She doesn't say anything that she doesn't weigh up very carefully to see if it well cause offense and get her column read.

Dementia is not a one trick pony, it has many pathways and many consequences and some people live with it enjoying their lives.

George McNamara, head of policy and public affairs at Alzheimer's Society, said: "These disgraceful remarks only serve to reinforce the stigma that sadly prevents many people with dementia from feeling like valued members of society.

"Ill-informed comments such as these go against all that we know about dementia. People with the condition tell us that with the right support it is entirely possible to live well and take real enjoyment out of daily life.

"The 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK deserve far more than to be used as bait by people stoking controversy."

Hilary Evans, director of external affairs at Alzheimer's Research UK, said: "Katie Hopkins should be ashamed at her comments.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11520748/Katie-Hopkins-slurs-on-dementia-patients-provoke-anger-from-charities.html

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 pm

@eddie
Agree
Plus it is an emotive issue.
and sometimes it is easier to accept your own demise than a loved ones.

Altzheimers is the scariest disease to me, I am of the opinion that you are already dead your spirit is leaving it's vessel. the worse you get the further your soul has slipped into the next dimension.... and the occasions when you can draw enough of it back to be 'present' in the world fewer and fewer. Sad
it is a slow death and is the mental anguish it causes any less than the physical pain of some other diseases?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:52 pm

veya_victaous wrote: @eddie
Agree
Plus it is an emotive issue.
and sometimes it is easier to accept your own demise than a loved ones.

Altzheimers is the scariest disease to me, I am of the opinion that you are already dead your spirit is leaving it's vessel. the worse you get the further your soul has slipped into the next dimension.... and the occasions when you can draw enough of it back to be 'present' in the world fewer and fewer. Sad
it is a slow death and is the mental anguish it causes any less than the physical pain of some other diseases?

My Mum had a form of dementia when she died, however, she still had lucid hours where she enjoyed her time with us, in fact the day she died her brother read her a story about people in London during the Blitz, where they had been and she had an hour when she could talk to him about it.  Some people have terrible lives with demential, remembering nothing.  Others live their childhoods again.  It simply doesn't follow a set path.    Look at Terry Prachett, he wrote another book after he was diagnosed.   Prunella Scales from Fawlty Towers fame has it and has just made a programme with her husband about canal journeys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 am

Flopkins problem isn't entirely what she says or the way she says it. It is akmost inconceivable that she actually believes the crap she spouts.
As was said, she only posts bile in the Scum because she is paid to.
She posts more crap on Twatter because it is more publicity for her and her employer.
There are few who are sympathetic to her, whatever history she has had or is hiding.
She has become a toxic parody of herself, Murdoch will drop her if the publicity turns to hostility and she will be keft floundering in shit creek without a paddle.
Good to see that without exception people on here are appalled by her comments.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:06 am

@Risingsun
this debate is difficult Because early onset and the progression of dementias are a different, like you said they are not all the same.
As a universal "You have dementia time to but you down" idea... that is obviously wrong but
as harsh as it is they are bed blockers once the disease is advanced
it is reality they are not going to be cured, it isn't a broken leg..
really part of the problem is that they are treated in normal hospital (which is geared to treat patients and send them home) and we don't have sufficient mental health facilities to look after patients which need constant ongoing care.

it is not just dementia, many elderly people that suffer a fall, or something else, that they simply are never going to recover enough from to be independent again. This is what happened to my grandfather, he just seemed to give up and died a few days later when he realised that he would not be allowed to go home alone.... but he always said be prefer to be dead than a burden Neutral  Personally I am the same

Maybe the solution is something along the lines of an Organ donor card. Katie Flopkins at it yet again. 2190311264
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:14 am

^veya that sounds dangerously like the idea portrayed in the film Logans Run. A lit of people with Alzheimer's or dementia are looked after by relatives or paid carers at home.

whose fault is it that there are not enough facilities to care for people?

some people say let me go but others fight until their last breath.

there already is a living will but not enough people do one or have a normal will at all.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:17 am

Handy Andy wrote:Flopkins problem isn't entirely what she says or the way she says it. It is akmost inconceivable that she actually believes the crap she spouts.
She posts more crap on Twatter because it is more publicity for her and her employer.
There are few who are sympathetic to her, whatever history she has had or is hiding.
She has become a toxic parody of herself, Murdoch will drop her if the publicity turns to hostility and she will be keft floundering in shit creek without a paddle.

we don't agree on much HA but I hope the above scenario does happen to her.

any point she tries to put across is lost amidst her gross and unacceptable choice of words.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:18 am

What makes it a political situation Veya, is that we have many old people in hospital who could go home and lead independent lives with just a bit of help, but because of the cuts, Councils cannot provide the home help, often only an hour a day is needed. Consquently, because of the lack of social care, we have old people stuck in hospital who are very frustrated at being there. KH is a Tory supporter and is simply trying to divert attention away from why we have people blocking beds. In fact, the lack of social care is the biggest cause, and the biggest cause of the lack of social care is this Government. That's why she says things like that.

I think maybe because I have seen all my family live life right up to the end, including my Dad who at 93 is still going strong and travelling, so the thought of being 'put down when no longer useful' has never entered our heads. Hell, even with all my health problems I too damn stroppy to stop and I'm standing for the Town and District Council at the elections. I can't do as much door to door as the others, but we have a great team, and when I'm knackered they take over. Luckily, being on a Council doesn't mean you have to do a lot of walking. Who knows, I might get on, I might not, but I'm really enjoying supporting our local GE candidate who has become a real friend and she's brilliant. So, maybe a new career at 70, maybe not, who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:19 am

Cass wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Flopkins problem isn't entirely what she says or the way she says it. It is akmost inconceivable that she actually believes the crap she spouts.

we don't agree on much HA but I hope the above scenario does happen to her.

any point she tries to put across is lost amidst her gross and unacceptable choice of words.

Agree Cass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:23 am

If Hopkins had explained what she meant in a more compassionate way as Veya and Sassy have then she may well have received some support but she didn't. She put it over as banging them over the head to end their lives was a solution to end the bed-blocking problem in the NHS and that is disgusting and obscene by any standards anyone wants to apply to it.

That's the subject of this debate - Hopkins valuation of a human life and a dementia sufferer extended no further than that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:16 am

Cass wrote:^veya that sounds dangerously like the idea portrayed in the film Logans Run. A lit of people with Alzheimer's or dementia are looked after by relatives or paid carers at home.

whose fault is it that there are not enough facilities to care for people? the generation of people currently suffering from old age.. down here at least, they are the ones that voted to remove the public institution in favour of "User pays".. to make it worse(and what does generate less sympathy in my generation) is the fact they cut these services to the people that Paid for their Education and early life.. so it is a bit much to expect our generation to pay for people that made us Pay for our own Education and early life Suspect this is the problem this is what people voted for, they sold the resource they need now because they didn't need them then. they also sold the resources my generation needs now because they stopped needing them

there already is a living will but not enough people do one or have a normal will at all.
Living wills are not legal down here you cannot rely on them, the Doctor has a duty of care to keep you alive regardless. This is a topic of debate currently down here, they are looking at allowing them
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:21 am

Personally I woudl fix it all, but that requires massive wealth redistribution or Actually having companies and billionaires pay the right rate of tax... which doesn't seem like it is going to happen any time soon.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 am

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/us-politician-henry-rayhons-accused-of-having-non-consensual-sex-with-dementia-affected-wife/story-fneuzlbd-1227296637349

DID this man rape his wife? It’s a grey area that the US justice system hopes to make black and white.

A court in the US state of Iowa is considering whether former politician Henry Rayhons was in the wrong for continuing to have sex with his wife despite her advancing dementia.

Mr Rayhons, 78, will stand trial beginning on Wednesday local time in the first case of its kind.

The trial is certain to have implications for medical professionals, dementia sufferers and their partners not only in America.

Dementia support groups are watching keenly in Australia, where the issue is very much on their radar.

Also want to clarify I think even KH was referring to Advanced dementia. In the circumstances that you are "legally incapable of even giving personal consent" there is No quality of life.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:04 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Cass wrote:^veya that sounds dangerously like the idea portrayed in the film Logans Run. A lit of people with Alzheimer's or dementia are looked after by relatives or paid carers at home.

whose fault is it that there are not enough facilities to care for people? the generation of people currently suffering from old age.. down here at least, they are the ones that voted to remove the public institution in favour of "User pays".. to make it worse(and what does generate less sympathy in my generation) is the fact they cut these services to the people that Paid for their Education and early life.. so it is a bit much to expect our generation to pay for people that made us Pay for our own Education and early life Suspect this is the problem this is what people voted for, they sold the resource they need now because they didn't need them then. they also sold the resources my generation needs now because they stopped needing them

Living wills are not legal down here you cannot rely on them, the Doctor has a duty of care to keep you alive regardless. This is a topic of debate currently down here, they are looking at allowing them

can you clarify exactly how they made you pay for your education and early life? seems you are assuming that they all voted that way....surely there are some who didn't? that's why its dangerous to generalise.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/us-politician-henry-rayhons-accused-of-having-non-consensual-sex-with-dementia-affected-wife/story-fneuzlbd-1227296637349

DID this man rape his wife? It’s a grey area that the US justice system hopes to make black and white.

A court in the US state of Iowa is considering whether former politician Henry Rayhons was in the wrong for continuing to have sex with his wife despite her advancing dementia.

Mr Rayhons, 78, will stand trial beginning on Wednesday local time in the first case of its kind.

The trial is certain to have implications for medical professionals, dementia sufferers and their partners not only in America.

Dementia support groups are watching keenly in Australia, where the issue is very much on their radar.

Also want to clarify I think even KH was referring to Advanced dementia. In the circumstances that you are "legally incapable of even giving personal consent" there is No quality of life.

interesting case - I hadn't heard of it.

you may think no QOL but others differ....its very dangerous to go down the path of playing God and deciding who lives or not.....

regardless of what type of disease she was referring to it was her choice of words....not necessary just doing it to bring more attention to herself. Sure its an emotive subject but there are MUCH better ways to highlight difficult subjects/topics. but see that type of rhetoric is what sells.....kindness and civility and good manners don't.

compare her way with that of Sir Terry Pratchett (may he RIP) and see the difference.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:43 am

that is democracy....
on balance these thing changed while they were in charge. and Due to policies aimed at them. the baby boomers are still the largest voting block in Australia so politicians have pandered to them their entire life constantly moving the free stuff to favour them to get their vote.

They made me pay as in I had to take out a loan for University fees  Suspect  If I had been born 30 years earlier (like current retires) it would have been free like it was for them. When they were young families tax breaks were for young families now they are retiring tax breaks are for near retired. Quite frankly they are without a doubt the worst generation Australia has even had they have spent heaps on themselves, sold and privatised most of the public resources that the previous generation had built, Stripped funding to Public hospitals and schools in favour of Private user pays institutions AND reduced taxes at the same time.

My generation Cannot Change What they voted for before we were born or got to vote, and we cannot afford to buy back what they sold... they put our nation in this situation.... the choice for my generation is, Do we continue to make it worse for the next generation after us, Or do we let the baby boomers lay in the bed they made and fix things for the future?

finite resource means that someone has to pay for the wastage of the baby boomers, should it be my unborn children and grandchildren or the baby boomers and My generation as we already are and will be our entire life time.. honestly by the time I am retirement age I expect to be made into soylent green unless we can achieve some major efficiency advancements, already the legal age has been shifted a a decade past the baby boomer retirement age and still another 40 years for them to move further away.

(third option is revolution/redistribution and takes the richest 0.0001% which is my preference as it is the least suffering for the maximum good, but lets see either major party go there Rolling Eyes )

And when your voice has less legal weight than a toddlers... pretty sure that is not conducive to a high QOL... we are talking advanced cases only where they are beyond the capacity of family to look after. As long as you family can look after you the question does not even need to be asked
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next