NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson

3 posters

Go down

North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson Empty North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson North Yorkshire Police’s statement

It seems somebody has started to remember that punching someone in the face is still against the law in the UK.

Even for wealthy celebrities.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2015/03/25/police-statement-north-yorkshire-police-to-investigate-jeremy-clarkson-attack/

Back to top Go down

North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson Empty Re: North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson

Post by Cass Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 pm

what astounded me is people signing that stupid petition before all the facts were known. pillocks.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson Empty Re: North Yorkshire Police - Statement on Jeremy Clarkson

Post by eddie Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Cass wrote:what astounded me is people signing that stupid petition before all the facts were known. pillocks.

I was axtually astounded there was a petition in the first place!
Who signs a petition about a celeb? It's hardly a worthy cause.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:14 pm

what he did was wrong no argument

however i do have a lot of sympathy for both of them

i have been on TV and movie shoots and there no picnic ,less so for the talent ,tempers can and do flare the Days are long ,very long and working hours are .........often brutal
his separation from his wife
that`s a lot of stress and some times something gives and you act inappropriately
i have ,i am sure everybody has at some point its human nature
the person wasn`t seriously hurt nothing more than a split lip and drove him self to hospital
yes he should have been severely punished but iIMO fired is over the top

this should have been handled by the HR department of the BBC not trial by media

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:19 pm

korban dallas wrote:what he did was wrong no argument

i have been on TV and movie shoots  and there no picnic ,less so for the talent ,tempers can and do flare the Days are long ,very long and working hours are .........often brutal
that`s a lot of stress and some times something gives and you act inappropriately
the person wasn`t seriously hurt nothing more than a split lip and drove him self to hospital

this should have been handled by the HR department  of the BBC not trial by media

Except James May and the other one have said they had not spent the time filming, but were in a pub getting drunk as lords KD.

Can you imagine what would have been said if a benefit claimant, getting the run around by the DSS and being sanctioned for being two minutes late for a meeting, had screamed obsenities at them for 20 minutes and then punched them.   I realise he is going through a hard time emotional and definitely has a drink problem, but that is not allowed as an excuse for anyone else, and it shouldn't be allowed as an excuse for him.   Assault is assault, and unless someone has a diagnosed mental condition, it should be treated as such, no matter who does it.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:30 pm

no sympathy at all if he were a factory worker and hit a co worker he'd be fired on the spot none of this waste of time.

HR department failed when it did not terminate immediately.
Literally every single employment contract I have ever signed clearly states that this is gross misconduct and will result in immediate termination.

Fired should have happen immediately and is the Minimum punishment he should have received, this should have been referred to police immediately, BBC is now liable for having a dangerous workplace for not doing so.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 pm

i have been on TV and movie shoots and there no picnic ,less so for the talent ,tempers can and do flare the Days are long ,very long and working hours are .........often brutal

this should have been handled by the HR department of the BBC not trial by media

not trying to have a go at you KD but really??? what about the soldiers or police or factory workers or anyone else who works?

it matters not one dot how hurt he was or not - you DO NOT EVER STRIKE ANOTHER HUMAN BEING unless your life or someone else's is in danger.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 pm

risingsun wrote:

i have been on TV and movie shoots  and there no picnic ,less so for the talent ,tempers can and do flare the Days are long ,very long and working hours are .........often brutal

this should have been handled by the HR department  of the BBC not trial by media

Except James May and the other one have said they had not spent the time filming, but were in a pub getting drunk as lords KD.

Can you imagine what would have been said if a benefit claimant, getting the run around by the DSS and being sanctioned for being two minutes late for a meeting, had screamed obsenities at them for 20 minutes and then punched them.   I realise he is going through a hard time emotional and definitely has a drink problem, but that is not allowed as an excuse for anyone else, and it shouldn't be allowed as an excuse for him.   Assault is assault, and unless someone has a diagnosed mental condition, it should be treated as such, no matter who does it.
Alcoholl ,says it all really
The problem with filming is you don`t actually do a lot of it in a day and some days you never stop

you start early in the morning and finish late at night it  can wear thin very quickly ,although all the shoots i have been on had catering but this isn`t that
these guys worked together for 10 years and i don't know about a drink problem ,yes he drinks a lot of people do
it`s  not  necessarily a problem and given the amount of driving he does it`s unlikely
what he did was out of order No Argument and yes he should have been servilely punished  and yes technically it is assault No argument ,
But we are not talking GBH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:02 am

He said in a recent interview that he was 'smoking too much and drinking too much'. Alcohol, the cause of much yobbish behaviour and your don't have to be poor to be a yob!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:09 am

Well i see it this way people with all the facts decided fire him partly because of the media storm over it
i think firing him was to much,because it doesn`t just effect him

Because the BBC have basically killed there goose

i am not a petrol head ,i don`t watch top gear for the cars really but with out clarkson ...its not top gear and regardless who they try to placate people with ,a new presenter if fruitless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:14 am

korban dallas wrote:Well i see it this way people with all the facts decided fire him partly because of the media storm over it

i am not a petrol head ,i don`t watch top gear for the cars really but with out clarkson ...its not top gear and regardless who they try to placate people with ,a new presenter if fruitless  

Sorry KD, really, really, really have to disagree on this.  He was fired because he verbally abused (for a long time) and then hit someone who was junior to him and couldn't answer back.   That is illegal, and once the BBC had established that was true, they had to sack him, I don't think what other people said had anything to do with it.   It's not acceptable from anyone, don't care who they are or what rides on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:20 am

risingsun wrote:
korban dallas wrote:Well i see it this way people with all the facts decided fire him partly because of the media storm over it

Sorry KD, really, really, really have to disagree on this.  He was fired because he verbally abused (for a long time) and then hit someone who was junior to him and couldn't answer back.   That is illegal, and once the BBC had established that was true, they had to sack him, I don't think what other people said had anything to do with it.   It's not acceptable from anyone, don't care who they are or what rides on it.
my only problem is the trial by media that blew up a situation that should have been a HR problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:24 am

korban dallas wrote:
risingsun wrote:

my only problem is the trial by media that blew up a situation that should have been a HR problem

KD he started it by posting how he was relaxing on social media. its all his own fault.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down