NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now beeb being sued over Jeremy Clarkson comment

2 posters

Go down

Now beeb being sued over Jeremy Clarkson comment Empty Now beeb being sued over Jeremy Clarkson comment

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:25 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2591500/BBC-sued-1-MILLION-Jeremy-Clarkson-racism-allegations-presenter-makes-slope-remark-Top-Gear-Burma-special.html#comments

For goodness sake how ridiculous is this getting?

I am sure I am not the only person who had to go and ask what the hell was the issue with the word slope - and took the comment as the observation that one side was higher than the other.  In fact I still think that is what the comment meant.

I mean the BBC is run with tax payers money so who will be meeting the bill for the lawyers?

Who is this woman who is doing the suing?

Back to top Go down

Now beeb being sued over Jeremy Clarkson comment Empty Re: Now beeb being sued over Jeremy Clarkson comment

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:09 pm

she is pathetic the whole racist shite is pathetic , soon we won't be able to speak a word for fear of being racist .
Kick her out ....oops ! i hope that's not going to offend anyone

Back to top Go down

Now beeb being sued over Jeremy Clarkson comment Empty Re: Now beeb being sued over Jeremy Clarkson comment

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:10 pm

I had never heard of the term before.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:22 pm

word "SLOPE" was used in the Vietnam War to refer to the vietnese and other Asian people because their foreheads sloped back more than White people!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:24 pm

nicko wrote: word "SLOPE" was used in the Vietnam War to refer to the vietnese and other Asian people because their foreheads sloped back more than White people!

Oh, I thought it was gook - as in "gook in the wire"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:28 pm

nicko wrote: word "SLOPE" was used in the Vietnam War to refer to the vietnese and other Asian people because their foreheads sloped back more than White people!

Well until TG I did not realize it was an insult - and until you put that I still did not know why it was an insult.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:28 pm

andy,the word "gook" was used as well,but more so in the Korean war.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:32 pm

The thing is unless I am mistaken the Vietnam war was a US war not a British war. Which means slope is not racist language in Britain (we do have our own English).

This just makes no sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:33 pm

nicko wrote:andy,the word "gook" was used as well,but more so in the Korean war.

What about Nip?

As in "it's a bit Pearl Harbour"?

"What do you mean, it's a bit Pearl Harbour?"

"There's a nasty Nip in the air."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:48 pm

its stupid because the word slope in English means slope , its just all getting ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:50 pm

VOD(original) wrote:its stupid because the word slope in English means slope , its just all getting ridiculous

Coloured used to mean coloured too - now it's RACIST!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Ridiculous, incredulous and blooming barking mad.

Our garden is not level..................the drop is from back to front..................  about 1 metre 

Can't call it a slant then................  Will that refer to a personage from the Orient....
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 pm

gerber wrote:Ridiculous, incredulous and blooming barking mad.

Our garden is not level..................the drop is from back to front..................  about 1 metre 

Can't call it a slant then................  Will that refer to a personage from the Orient....

So your hubby is an uphill gardener then?

Whoops, can't say that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:25 pm

how about a bag being called a fanny bag in america ,that's offensive surely  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:28 pm

VOD(original) wrote:how about a bag being called a fanny bag in america ,that's offensive surely  lol!

Thats my point - slope might be offensive in the US but it is not in Britain - the same way fanny is offensive in Britain but not in the US.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
gerber wrote:Ridiculous, incredulous and blooming barking mad.

Whoops, can't say that.

Do you mean he always has the hump ?...... ::slap::
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:31 pm

gerber wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Whoops, can't say that.

Lucky man!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:36 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
gerber wrote:

Lucky man!

Perfect example of one word being misconstrued for another..... :/pwn://:
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Maybe it's just an internet rumour that got out of hand? It seems a bit unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down