NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC

+5
Lone Wolf
Cass
nicko
Raggamuffin
eddie
9 posters

Go down

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC Empty Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation found he did assault a producer in a row over steak and chips

Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation concluded he did attack a producer on the programme.

Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday after considering the findings of an internal investigation.

Clarkson, 54, will be thanked for his work on the hugely popular motoring show, but will be told such behaviour cannot be tolerated at the Corporation.

It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel, concluded that presenter spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him.

The outburst came after Clarkson, who is one of the BBC’s best paid stars, was informed he could not have steak and chips after a day’s filming because the hotel where they were staying had stop serving hot food.

But despite finally deciding to axe the show's star presenter, the BBC is planning to continue broadcasting Top Gear on BBC2.

According to well-placed sources, senior executives at the Corporation have been wooing Radio 2 Breakfast Show host and self- confessed ‘petrol-head’, Chris Evans in the hope he will agree to take over.

Evans, 48, who has one of the most prestigious car collections in Britain, including a £12 million 1963 Ferrari 250GTO, had previously ruled himself out of the running, but bosses are keen to persuade him to sign up.

It is not clear whether Clarkson’s co presenters James May and Richard Hammond will remain with the programme or will join Clarkson on any new ventures.

It is thought Clarkson may sign for American network Netflix, which is becoming increasingly popular with global TV audiences.

Despite feeling he has been left with no alternative but to sack Clarkson, Lord Hall is expected to thank him for helping to build Top Gear into one of the Corporation’s crown jewels and praise him as a “brilliant broadcaster”.

Sold to more than 170 countries around the world, the programme, which was re-launched in its current format in 2002, generates an estimated £50 million a year for the BBC.

It is understood Lord Hall will defend Clarkson’s controversial and politically incorrect style of broadcasting and say there is a place at the Corporation for that style of presenting.

And while he made the decision with a heavy heart, sources said he felt he had been left with no choice after an internal investigation concluded Clarkson had attacked a junior member of staff.

According to a report compiled by BBC Scotland boss Ken MacQuarrie and submitted at the weekend, Clarkson verbally abused Mr Tymon for 20 minutes, before physically attacking for at least 30 seconds .

The ‘fracas’ as it was initially described by the BBC took place at the Simonstone Hall hotel near Hawes in North Yorkshire when Clarkson was informed that there was no hot food available after a day’s filming.

Clarkson, who has a seven figure contract with the BBC, was suspended on March 10 after reporting himself to his bosses over the incident.

His suspension led to a huge wave of support from the show’s fans with more than a million people signing an online petition to reinstate him.

Even the Prime Minister, who is a neighbour of Clarkson, weighed into the row when he described him as being a “huge talent”.

But a series of controversial incidents, including allegations of racism, forced BBC bosses to issue Clarkson with a final warning last year.

With Evans already a popular and established broadcaster, who has appeared on Top Gear on a number of occasions, his appointment would be seen as a safe bet.

But the decision to continue with the programme will still be regarded as something of a risk for the BBC.

For many Top Gear fans it was Clarkson’s irreverent and near the knuckle brand of humour that helped make the show so popular.

But his frequent controversies created a headache for bosses at the publicly funded broadcaster, who were regularly forced to defend embarrassing situations or comments.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11493270/Jeremy-Clarkson-to-be-sacked-by-the-BBC.html

Oh dear, another problem for David Cameron, who said a couple of days ago his daughter would go on hunger strike if Clarkson was sacked. He should have told her that harrassing and hitting a member of staff was simply not acceptable. If he can't teach her that there is something seriously wrong with him.

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC Empty Re: Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC

Post by eddie Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:08 am

I see this as the only outcome, the BBC simply had to sack him (though how they let Savile molest children for so long because no one knew speaks volumes about their cooperation!)

I do think though, that he was a great presenter and part of a really watchable threesome and I for one, liked the programme becasue of the presenters.

Anybody stepping into his shoes (Not keen on Chris Evans!) has a hard role to fill.
I'll probably stop watching it if I'm honest.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC Empty Re: Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 am

There's been a lot of criticism of Jeremy Clarkson for his undiplomatic remarks re race or whatever, and now this. What put me off him years ago is his support for hunting with dogs, and his spiteful attempt to cause problems for the League Against Cruel Sports.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/jan/13/voluntarysector.comment
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:06 am

What problems did he cause to the League against cruel Sports? I'd like to know that, as the League does F ALL to stop Halai slaughter, what do they do to stop the export of animals to Europe for slaughter?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:22 am

nicko wrote:What problems did he cause to the League against cruel Sports?  I'd like to know that, as the League does F ALL   to stop Halai slaughter,  what do they do to stop the export of animals to Europe for slaughter?

They had a freepost scheme for people to donate money, and some pro-hunting people decided to abuse that and send dodgy things or empty envelopes, which cost the League a lot of money. In his column in The Sun, Jeremy Clarkson encouraged people to do that.

The address was published in the Evening Standard’s ‘Londoner’s Diary’ and Jeremy Clarkson’s column in the Sun on Saturday 17th December. Clarkson suggested that he was going to send a paving stone or a horse.

http://www.league.org.uk/news-and-opinion/press-releases/2005/dec/Freepost-Mail-Scam

They concentrate on cruel sports like hunting, hare coursing, bullfighting, etc. They can't do everything.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Thanks, I didn't know that.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:53 pm

good riddance.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:38 am

You do come out with some lies and crap don't you ? Always trying to play the "big man" You make out in your posts that you know everything, actually you know fuck all!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:53 am

nicko wrote:You do come out with some lies and crap don't you ? Always trying to play the "big man"   You make out in your posts that you know everything,  actually you know fuck all!

Remind us again how you knew all about the League Against Cruel Sports ... which I also knew nothing about ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:13 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
nicko wrote:You do come out with some lies and crap don't you ? Always trying to play the "big man"   You make out in your posts that you know everything,  actually you know fuck all!

Remind us again how you knew all about the League Against Cruel Sports ... which I also knew nothing about ...

Why wouldn't he know about them? They're fairly well known in the UK. I've supported them for years.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:33 am

Correct decision to sack him. The BBC had no other choice because by retaining him what would they have done if another employee who is not well known or is a celebrity had lamped a colleague? They would sack that person for sure.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:53 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Why wouldn't he know about them? They're fairly well known in the UK. I've supported them for years.

Just pointing out that he claimed other people "know fuck all" when he didn't know about the League. While trying to be humble enough to point out I'd never heard of them either. It may have come out garbled ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:56 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Just pointing out that he claimed other people "know fuck all" when he didn't know about the League. While trying to be humble enough to point out I'd never heard of them either. It may have come out garbled ...

I thought he meant that he didn't know about Jeremy Clarkson and the Freepost thing, not that he didn't know about the League in general.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I thought he meant that he didn't know about Jeremy Clarkson and the Freepost thing, not that he didn't know about the League in general.

I meant what Clarkson had done. You shouldn't castigate people for knowing fuck all when you yourself aren't omniscient. That's all I'm saying.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:16 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I meant what Clarkson had done. You shouldn't castigate people for knowing fuck all when you yourself aren't omniscient. That's all I'm saying.

A lot of people don't know about what Clarkson did re the League though. It wasn't a huge issue in the press - I knew because I follow news about the League.

Nicko's comment about knowing fuck all was directed at Lone Wolf, and appears to be associated with knowledge about himself rather than knowledge in general. It's not very clear why you chose to comment tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:30 am

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC 11096610

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:45 am

In fairness I'd say there was more outrage over the exposure of paedophiles Korben. The reason this one 'appears' to be causing more ruckus is because there is a definite split between supporters and those against Clarkson- when people disagree there outrage appears all the louder.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:37 am

Eilzel wrote:In fairness I'd say there was more outrage over the exposure of paedophiles Korben. The reason this one 'appears' to be causing more ruckus is because there is a definite split between supporters and those against Clarkson- when people disagree there outrage appears all the louder.
perhaps however that was hushed up for years,this went ballistic straight away
for a punch

BBC prioritys are all wrong
And to be fair a bbc executive used the comparison first in relation to clarkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:53 am

korban dallas wrote:
Eilzel wrote:In fairness I'd say there was more outrage over the exposure of paedophiles Korben. The reason this one 'appears' to be causing more ruckus is because there is a definite split between supporters and those against Clarkson- when people disagree there outrage appears all the louder.
perhaps however that was hushed up for years,this went ballistic straight away
for a punch

BBC prioritys are all wrong
And to be fair a bbc executive used the comparison first  in relation to clarkson

I would say that punching a producer was quite important.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:57 am

But it only went 'ballistic' because the public got wind and instantly took drastically opposing sides. When people take opposing stances the heat always seems more intense. The BBC hushing it is very wrong, but thats seperate to the public reaction.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Eilzel wrote:But it only went 'ballistic' because the public got wind and instantly took drastically opposing sides. When people take opposing stances the heat always seems more intense. The BBC hushing it is very wrong, but thats seperate to the public reaction.
Agreed as i said the media hype for this made it more than it was and the collective dislike of some regardless tipped the balance against him what should have been a internal disaplinery procedure turned in to a media blow by blow witch-hunt

and quite frankly if every punch in the mouth resulted in a court case and media Schadenfreude
the courts would be crippled

Thats why they are HR departments

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi KD, trouble is, he was the one thst started it, but spreading it all over twitter and facebook before the media had picked it up. He then kept stoking over the same sites. Strikes me he did that because he obviouly should be getting help at the moment and was lashing out in any way he could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:13 pm

I am sure nobody on hear has lost there temper and lashed out over something trivial ether verbal or physical

christ these boards are full of verbal abuse and accusations to relative strangers and it goes on for weeks some times

the only difference is he actually then punched a guy who got a split lip .the last time i punched a guy.

i knocked him out cold and i had known him 20 years and "was" a friend" wasn`t in the papers or national news ,we moved on shit happens. Men eh!!!

so really JC it wasn`t much of a punch

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:14 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Eilzel wrote:But it only went 'ballistic' because the public got wind and instantly took drastically opposing sides. When people take opposing stances the heat always seems more intense. The BBC hushing it is very wrong, but thats seperate to the public reaction.
Agreed as i said the media hype for this made it more than it was and the collective dislike of some regardless tipped the balance against him what should have been a internal disaplinery procedure turned in to a media blow by blow witch-hunt

and quite frankly if every punch in the mouth resulted in a court case and media Schadenfreude

Well the poor chap who was punched didn't do anything wrong, so it's not like it was a fair fight or anything. You can't overlook the arrogance of someone turning up late, blaming someone for not having a hot dinner ready for them, yell at them for some time, and then punch them. I don't know why the guy was responsible for Clarkson's dinner anyway.

I think that in any work place, if one employee hit another one for no good reason, they would probably be sacked.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Difference is KD, you had a altercation with a mate, he verbally abused and hit a man at work, who he was superior and it therefore comes under workplace laws, and the laws are there to protect people from being bullied and abused by their superiors.

If anyone where I was working had hit anyone else it would have been instant dismissal and the police informed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:20 pm

In what way was he "superior" to the producer anyway?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:In what way was he "superior" to the producer anyway?

The man was a junior producer, Clarkson was the star.

Jeremy Clarkson punched Oisin Tymon in the the mouth in 30-second attack before he was dragged way by a bystander. Oisin Tymon did not hit him
Star then spent 20 minutes using 'prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature directed at Mr Tymon. The star said he would have him sacked. The abuse was so loud it was heard throughout the hotel, including in its bedrooms.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010167/Top-Gear-presenter-Jeremy-Clarkson-sacked-BBC-internal-investigation-concludes-did-attack-producer-steak-dinner-fracas.html#ixzz3VUh2KgZF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 pm

risingsun wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:In what way was he "superior" to the producer anyway?

Jeremy Clarkson punched Oisin Tymon in the the mouth in 30-second attack before he was dragged way by a bystander. Oisin Tymon did not hit him
Star then spent 20 minutes using 'prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature directed at Mr Tymon. The star said he would have him sacked. The abuse was so loud it was heard throughout the hotel, including in its bedrooms.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010167/Top-Gear-presenter-Jeremy-Clarkson-sacked-BBC-internal-investigation-concludes-did-attack-producer-steak-dinner-fracas.html#ixzz3VUh2KgZF

I'm not sure that being a "star" makes someone superior. I suppose he was "superior" in that he didn't have to arrange his own dinner - he got someone else to do that for him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
risingsun wrote:

I'm not sure that being a "star" makes someone superior. I suppose he was "superior" in that he didn't have to arrange his own dinner - he got someone else to do that for him.

And apparently it was the man he hit who was supposed to, no idea why! Especially as he was late because he was getting plastered!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:40 pm

risingsun wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And apparently it was the man he hit who was supposed to, no idea why!   Especially as he was late because he was getting plastered!

Yes, I don't get why a producer has to arrange dinner for someone. Then again, I suppose I'm not an expert in what a producer actually does. I always thought they produced programmes. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
risingsun wrote:

And apparently it was the man he hit who was supposed to, no idea why!   Especially as he was late because he was getting plastered!

Yes, I don't get why a producer has to arrange dinner for someone. Then again, I suppose I'm not an expert in what a producer actually does. I always thought they produced programmes. Laughing

Seems they are supposed to produce steak dinners lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Well the poor chap who was punched didn't do anything wrong, so it's not like it was a fair fight or anything. You can't overlook the arrogance of someone turning up late, blaming someone for not having a hot dinner ready for them, yell at them for some time, and then punch them. I don't know why the guy was responsible for Clarkson's dinner anyway.

I think that in any work place, if one employee hit another one for no good reason, they would probably be sacked.
All fair points i don`t disagree with anything but the last bit
i know of occasions employees have come to blows or threatened physical violence and not been fired but servilely punished instead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:58 pm

risingsun wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Seems they are supposed to produce steak dinners lol!
A television producer is a person who oversees all aspects of video production on a television program

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm

I suspect that if JC hadn't already been given a last warning for countless indescretions, he would have gotten a severe repremand and a final warning.
The name is self explanatory, last chance saloon. He crossed the line once too often and gave the BBC no choice.
Correct decision.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Handy Andy wrote:I suspect that if JC hadn't  already been  given a last  warning  for countless indescretions, he would have gotten a severe repremand and a final warning.
The name is self explanatory,  last chance saloon. He crossed the line once too often and gave the BBC no choice.
Correct decision.
extremely expensive decision
And i am on the fence as to correct
especially as the two previous "incidents" are IMO bogus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:23 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

i know of occasions employees have come to blows or threatened physical violence and not been fired but servilely punished instead

A fight or a threat is different to one employee punching another one who feels unable to retaliate because he is "junior".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

A fight or a threat is different to one employee punching another one who feels unable to retaliate because he is "junior".
No argument hear .But to be fair JC reported him self .the producer didn`t report the incident. as i understand it ,
In the end did not have too, it just became news when JC did the right thing and reported him self

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Calling him JC.....

Jesus Christ lol

Like he needs a bigger ego!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

lol!

NICKO THE PRICKO really does have a bad case of "Little Man syndrome" on here doesn't he !

SPINELESS and gormless little maggots like him always need a scapegoat to attempt to victimise ~ inevitably it makes him feel so much bigger whenever he attacks one of us 'lefty/socialist/communists' on here..

AND LET'S take close note of the bullshit he throws at me above, when IF the cowardly little worm would only look in the mirror occasionally he would discover that he perfectly described himself : (I)" do come out with some lies and crap...  Always trying to play the "big man"...  (I) make out in my posts that I know everything,  actually I know fuck all!"     Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC 2581891615

Do try to stick to the topic. Nicko asked me what Jeremy Clarkson had done to the LACS, and there was no need for your huge rant. If he's in favour of blood sports, you could start another thread about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm

I think this guy from the SMH put it well:

Depending on who you listen to, he will be cast now as either a racist and homophobe who deserved to lose his job after a decade of embarrassing gaffes, or a white, male victim of political correctness gone mad.

In truth he is neither. In the final accounting, he is simply a fool whose inability to keep his language, and ultimately his behaviour, in check cost him his job. It happens every day. In all industries, not just TV.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/jeremy-clarkson-was-a-byproduct-of-the-system-which-made-him-20150326-1m7tb8.html#ixzz3VWD88oTF
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:10 pm

God, that lone wolf he's so macho, frightens the life out of me. I bet he's 5ft small and has to "bull" himself up on here. Sad man.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:24 pm

eddie wrote:Calling him JC.....

Jesus Christ lol

lol was easier as i cant spell Jeremy consistently

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 pm

korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:Calling him JC.....

Jesus Christ lol

lol was easier as i cant spell Jeremy   consistently

I'm sure Jesus Christ clarksOn will feel flattered lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:33 pm

eddie wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
lol was easier as i cant spell Jeremy   consistently

I'm sure Jesus Christ clarksOn will feel flattered lol

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC 855

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down