NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem!

2 posters

Go down

Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem! Empty Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem!

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:36 pm

I've got a problem but I'm not going to type it all out til someone says they can help lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem! Empty Re: Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:45 pm

eddie wrote: I've got a problem but I'm not going to type it all out til someone says they can help lol
what`s the problem ?

Back to top Go down

Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem! Empty Re: Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem!

Post by eddie Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks KD

Can't c&p from a link and post it here
Say I am trying to copy the link from bbc news? I click and it offers me the option I can press copy but when I come here or flap - I can't paste.
The paste option flashes up so quickly and then vanishes.

I seem tk have no problem with facebook although sometimes Im unable to click on stuff there.

Virgin emails too, can't click to reply

It started on the forums but now has gotten progressively worse and now happens on the other places I've mentioned?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:50 pm

eddie wrote:Thanks KD

Can't c&p from a link and post it here
Say I am trying to copy the link from bbc news? I click and it offers me the option I can press copy but when I come here or flap - I can't paste.
The paste option flashes up so quickly and then vanishes.

I seem tk have no problem with facebook although sometimes Im unable to click on stuff there.

Virgin emails too, can't  click to reply

It started on the forums but now has gotten progressively worse and now happens on the other places I've mentioned?
i take it you hold your finger on the piece you want to copy till its highlighted then pull out the highlighted box to select the text you want to copy

then the action box appears
copy¦ select¦ select all¦ define

you copy the link or text
but then cant paste in to a post

Is your ipad in a protective case with a screen protector as this can cause problems as they get worn and scratched ect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Fyi

The membrane used for screen protectors is quite a clever material
it uses the galvanic skin response ,that's why you cant operate phones ,ipads ect with gloves on

what you will find after long use is that sensitivity of the membrane  decreases especially on sections on the screen you use a lot because of embedded dust and tiny tiny scratches

such as login buttons and navigation buttons ect as they tend to always be in the same place on your screen and get the heavy use
i would recommend one of these

Anyone on here use an iPad? Problem! T2ec1610
i have had two so far the dog chewed the first one to bits  with ipad inside

but the ipad had not a scratch on it  and given the way my ipad is acting at the moment i am sure i need a new one as the screen protector is scratched badly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:06 am

I don't have an iPad screen protector

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:09 am

eddie wrote:I don't have an iPad screen protector

Really . wow !!!! cheper to replace than a screen
But ok

The oldest troubleshooting tip in the book is to simply reboot the device.

You can reboot the iPad by holding down the Sleep/Wake button on the upper rim of the iPad this will bring up a slider that will let you power off the iPad once it is powered down, simply press the Sleep/Wake button again to turn the iPad back

i have done a bit of research for you

sounds like a issue with the upgrade and your not alone

"Upgraded my ipad2 to ios 8. General slowdown, apps crashing on startup, huge lag when typing or selecting email from inbox. I've also experienced a strange copy/paste issue In Safari, facebook and other apps. When I copy and try to paste, I often get an old item I copied instead of the last item. Yesterday I tried to paste a URL repeatedly and kept getting text I copied from notes earlier in the day. I gave up. Today when I tried to copy and paste a sentence from a website, the URL that wouldn't paste yesterday kept pasting! Anyone else experience these issues?"

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/182936/does-copy-paste-work-right-with-ios-8-1

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Cheers KD

I'm hoping that link will solve my problem?
Otherwise this piece of crap,is going back to Apple
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:17 am

eddie wrote:Cheers KD

I'm hoping that link will solve my problem?
Otherwise this piece of crap,is going back to Apple

Man, that iPad has caused you some trouble over the years. Let's look back, shall we? (Cue laughter, applause from audience)

There was the time a big banner add kept you from being able to log on! I think our traffic was cut in half during that time.

There was that time that it broke and you had to send it way off to Jamaica to get it fixed, that was a drag (cue rueful laughter from audience).

And there was that time you spilled nail varnish all over it, you remember me telling you to "run like the wind"? (No laughter from audience)

Well I thought it was funny.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 am

Whatever dude.

At least my router isn’t made out of slugs and snails and sticky tape and isn’t like, 23 years old. Rolling Eyes

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down