NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony

5 posters

Go down

Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony Empty Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Dallas-based Eddie Deen has served up barbeque for the last six inaugural luncheons on the lawn of the Texas Capitol. Deen said Wednesday that the business prides itself not only on the amount it can grill but also on how fast it can serve. Back in 1995, Eddie Deen served 14,000 guests in 45 minutes at Gov. George Bush's first inauguration. Each inauguration, Deen's serving line attempts to shave minutes off that total.

Tuesday's tally was barbeque and sides for 17,000 attendees. For the entrée, it meant 4 tons of brisket, a mile of kiolbassa jalapeno sausage, 2,500 pounds of smoked chicken breast and 1,500 pounds of pulled pork. The sides weighed in at 400 gallons of pinto beans, 2 tons of potato salad and 2,500 pounds of cole slaw. And don't forget the 17,000 homemade yeast rolls on the side.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/abj-at-the-capitol/2015/01/dallas-bbq-caterer-serves-up-brisket-for-17-000-at.html

For Cass! cheers cheers cheers Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 1366281442 Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 1366281442 Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 1366281442 Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 3922118137 Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 3922118137 Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 3922118137

Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 1716015268
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony Empty Re: Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 pm

and while they eat like pigs, 100.s thousands are on the starvation line in their own country No

Back to top Go down

Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony Empty Re: Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:30 pm

darknessss wrote:and while they eat like pigs, 100.s thousands are on the starvation line in their own country No

Same problem throughout the Western world, sadly Evil or Very Mad
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:05 pm

normally I would damn n blast you sunshine BUT......

last night a package arrived from a company in the US who are Brits who make and bake their own pork pies, sausage rolls and proper bangers......as you may remember from last year when I was back in the UK that this is A VERY GREAT DAY IN THE CASS HOUSEHOLD.....

it took massive amounts of self control to limit myself to 1 each last night and not eat them frozen.....

I want my bank to make me a freezer safety deposit box.....I sadly cannot trust Mr.C and junior to leave mine alone.....also senior coming home for night on Tuesday so the threat level will be upped to Red Severe......I would take them to the mothers but alas she too is a legitimate threat......

Ps if there's any leftovers tell the guvnor I'm not too proud to have some
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Cass wrote:normally I would damn n blast you sunshine BUT......

last night a package arrived from a company in the US who are Brits who make and bake their own pork pies, sausage rolls and proper bangers......as you may remember from last year when I was back in the UK that this is A VERY GREAT DAY IN THE CASS HOUSEHOLD.....

it took massive amounts of self control to limit myself to 1 each last night and not eat them frozen.....

I want my bank to make me a freezer safety deposit box.....I sadly cannot trust Mr.C and junior to leave mine alone.....also senior coming home for night on Tuesday so the threat level will be upped to Red Severe......I would take them to the mothers but alas she too is a legitimate threat......

Ps if there's any leftovers tell the guvnor I'm not too proud to have some

Very nice! Yeah, I think I would have tolerated the presence of Abbot to get at some of that Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:02 am

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:24 am

Lone Wolf wrote:pig   pig   pig  

LET'S JUST hope that they remember to have a couple of ambulance units on the scene at these formalised pig-outs...

Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 1094176690   Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 3738099605   Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony 2347854014

Reminds me of a friend who, hungry, exclaimed upon entering a restaurant -- "They're going to have to haul my ass out of here in an ambulance!" Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 am

I am really really hungry. Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:09 am

I I love you sausages, there is a butchers near here who make the best sausages EVER   Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony Sausag10  Cass would love them x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:43 pm

sausages = eye 'oles, ear 'oles, and bum 'oles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:31 pm

feelthelove wrote:I I love you sausages, there is a butchers near here who make the best sausages EVER   Four tons of brisket, one mile of jalapeno sausage for TX governor's inauguration ceremony Sausag10  Cass would love them x

My friends husband owned a butchers and she said if you knew what went into a sausage you would never eat another one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 am

FTL....I probably would. x

Nems you got mail x

Eds - sorry x

Wolfie and Vic........LALALALALALALALALALA I'm not listening to you LALALALALALALALALA.....Nems too....LALALALALALALA etc....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down