NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test

3 posters

Go down

Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test Empty Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Police are calling on all men in a Sussex village to submit themselves for mass DNA tests in the hunt to find the killer of a grandmother.

All men over 17 in Bosham, West Sussex, have been asked to take the test to help crack the unsolved murder of Valerie Graves, who was killed with a claw hammer as she house-sat for friends last year.

Mass voluntary DNA tests will start today in the village of 4,000 people - and more than double that number have already been interviewed in the investigation.

As the hunt steps up, all men who live, work or visit the Bosham area have been called on to eliminate themselves from suspicion by agreeing to provide a mouth swab and thumbprint.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/murder-police-have-asked-every-man-in-this-village-to-take-a-dna-test/ar-AA8qOCa?ocid=mailsignoutmd

I remember there was a case like this a few years ago and they did trap the killer by doing this. Sure it was highlighted on Crimewatch or something like that.

Anyone have a problem with this?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test Empty Re: Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 am

Irn wrote:I remember there was a case like this a few years ago and they did trap the killer by doing this.

How do you know they got the right person?

Whatyawanna bet everyone's DNA goes into a data base, even after they find granny's killer?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test Empty Re: Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:58 am

Original Quill wrote:
Irn wrote:I remember there was a case like this a few years ago and they did trap the killer by doing this.

Whatyawanna bet everyone's DNA goes into a data base, even after they find granny's killer?

The guy had dodged giving a sample and was later found to have tried to bribe someone else to give a sample under his name. That led them to him and more evidence was found. He wasn't convicted on that alone.

Colin Pitchfork

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Pitchfork
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The guy had dodged giving a sample and was later found to have tried to bribe someone else to give a sample under his name. That led them to him and more evidence was found. He wasn't convicted on that alone.

Colin Pitchfork

So he was convicted of bribery and obstruction?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:11 pm

compare the attitude

Muslims...some "few" bomb and kill

BUT we are not allowed "targeted searches" much less keeping a database of them....
and unless proven they are ALL innocent

men...some few kill and rape....and straight awaythere is mass DNA screening and onto the database with you ...EVEN if innocent.
Immediately EVERY man is a "suspect"

double standards again...
where some belong to a favoured few....

I would refuse: there is NO law requires you to do this, and indeed if they arrested you on "suspicion" without any other good reason they could be facing a serious thrashing in court. (suspicion is NOT quite the "cover all" some cops think it is)

and Sorry ...NO _ONE is going to convince me that the cops will destroy any DNA results they collect.
(They offer to "destroy the results in front of you ...yeah right...after how many copies have been made????)

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:18 pm

darknessss wrote:compare the attitude

BUT we are not allowed "targeted searches" much less keeping a database of them....

men...some few kill and rape....and straight awaythere is mass DNA screening and onto the database with you ...EVEN if innocent.

I would refuse: there is NO law requires you to do this, and indeed if they arrested you on "suspicion" without any other good reason they could be facing a serious thrashing in court. (suspicion is NOT quite the "cover all" some cops think it is)

and Sorry ...NO _ONE is going to convince me that the cops will destroy any DNA results they collect.
(They offer to "destroy the results in front of you ...yeah right...after how many copies have been made????)

Well, Christian terrorists have been at it a lot longer than the Muslims.  Look at the KKK.

Imagine if we violated their rights in North Carolina or Florida?!

In fact, suppose both Christians and Muslims are deserving of the ruthless treatment you suggest, what kind of a world is it for your grandchildren to live in?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:
darknessss wrote:compare the attitude

Well, Christian terrorists have been at it a lot longer than the Muslims.  Look at the KKK.

Imagine is we violated their rights in North Carolina or Florida?!

yeah well Quill I'm talking about a "reasonable society" ....NOT america
clearly over here the problem runs in reverse....

It is obvious the majority population has no rights compared to the "favoured few"

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:25 pm

darknessss wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Imagine is we violated their rights in North Carolina or Florida?!

yeah well Quill I'm talking about a "reasonable society" ....NOT america
clearly over here the problem runs in reverse....

It is obvious the majority population has no rights compared to the "favoured few"

America? UK? Who cares. You are not making sense in any language.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:31 pm

so do what?

mmmmm.....

if its ok for the cops to dna every man in the place in this instance then its ok to hold all Muslims under suspicion
OR

its NOT ok and every man in the area in this insatnce should NOT be put under suspicion

you can only have it one way and still be "equitable"

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:58 pm

No, I don't think it is OK for the police to take the DNA of everyone. I have already expressed my misgivings about that. It will inevitably lead to an erosion of everybody's right to privacy.

So many of these questions are evaluated in terms of the parochial crime or issue at hand. Few people consider the bigger picture. It's so tempting to give power to those who already have power--Obama and drones come to mind--because we champion the narrow issue and ignore the context.

This is one such case.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 pm

darknessss wrote:so do what?

mmmmm.....

if its ok for the cops to dna every man in the place in this instance then its ok to hold all Muslims under suspicion
OR

its NOT ok and every man in the area in this insatnce should NOT be put under suspicion

not the same thing

does every man in the place include Muslims? yes.. it is discrimination by gender but as men we have to accept it Rolling Eyes apparently it is part of equal right for women Wink and there is 'reasonable' suspicion based on them being in the general vicinity at the time (reasonable is used very loosely Cool Cool but Police and Reasonable Suspect rarely usable with out an 'un' prefix Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004 Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004 Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004 Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004 Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004 Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004 )

I don't agree with the principal of everyone giving their DNA. the Burden of evidence lays with the state, as it should, thus it creates a dangerous precedent beyond the privacy issues raised by Quill. study

Also the ratio between men committing crimes and Muslims committing crimes is not comparable, a woman is still way more likely to be killed by her partner than a terrorist. let alone the 'Muslims' terrorists are normally men you could call them 'men' terrorists too
Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 202592697
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:17 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
darknessss wrote:so do what?

mmmmm.....

OR

not the same thing

does every man in the place include Muslims? yes.. it is discrimination by gender but as men we have to accept it Rolling Eyes  apparently it is part of equal right for women Wink  and there is 'reasonable' suspicion based on them being in the general vicinity at the time (reasonable is used very loosely  Cool  Cool  but Police and Reasonable  Suspect rarely usable with out an 'un' prefix  Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004  Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004  Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004  Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004  Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004  Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 479860004 )

I don't agree with the principal of everyone giving their DNA. the Burden of evidence lays with the state, as it should, thus it creates a dangerous precedent beyond the privacy issues raised by Quill. study

Also the ratio between men committing crimes and Muslims committing crimes is not comparable, a woman is still way more likely to be killed by her partner than a terrorist.  let alone the 'Muslims' terrorists are normally men you could call them 'men' terrorists too
Murder Police Have Asked Every Man In This Village To Take A DNA Test 202592697

you are confusing practice and principle......

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Colin Pitchfork

So he was convicted of bribery and obstruction?

You really do need to read the article in the link I provided.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:No, I don't think it is OK for the police to take the DNA of everyone.  I have already expressed my misgivings about that.  It will inevitably lead to an erosion of everybody's right to privacy.

So many of these questions are evaluated in terms of the parochial crime or issue at hand.  Few people consider the bigger picture.  It's so tempting to give power to those who already have power--Obama and drones come to mind--because we champion the narrow issue and ignore the context.

This is one such case.

The police won't force anyone to take a DNA test. What they are saying is that they want people to come forward and eliminate themselves. Those that don't will obviously be looked at very closely.

Not much to it really.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Original Quill wrote:No, I don't think it is OK for the police to take the DNA of everyone.  I have already expressed my misgivings about that.  It will inevitably lead to an erosion of everybody's right to privacy.

So many of these questions are evaluated in terms of the parochial crime or issue at hand.  Few people consider the bigger picture.  It's so tempting to give power to those who already have power--Obama and drones come to mind--because we champion the narrow issue and ignore the context.

This is one such case.

The police won't force anyone to take a DNA test. What they are saying is that they want people to come forward and eliminate themselves. Those that don't will obviously be looked at very closely.

Not much to it really.

yep thats exactly what they are saying....

BUT ONLY becasue they are not (for now ) allowed to kick your door in taser you and take the sample from your still twitching body.
they would LOVE the law to allow them that....

the LAW clearly states that it is the STATES job to PROVE a persons involvement in a crime...NOT a persons job to prove otherwise....

what YOU are agreeing to is a reversal of those important principles....

no way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:45 pm

AND no one seems willing to deal with the fact that...like it or not those valuable DNA results are NOT going to be discarded...

you would be a fool to think otherwise...

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:24 pm

darknessss wrote:AND no one seems willing to deal with the fact that...like it or not those valuable DNA results are NOT going to be discarded...

you would be a fool to think otherwise...

agree
don't know what you can do as the law say they should be
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_lie
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:10 am

Irn Bru wrote:

This is one such case.

Not much to it really.

You're right, it's not mandatory, but it is coercion.

Still, I would bet anyone--here or elsewhere--that the results of such a DNA community collection will not be lost or destroyed. Big Brother can't let go of such tasty stuff.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down