NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective

4 posters

Go down

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Empty 16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:12 am

Bushfires

A firefighter gives water to a koala in the midst of the Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia in 2009. I hope he made it!

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Aduknmjuyqseuebcumt21

Polar bear & Giraffe in captivity

This arctic animal is a long way from home and my gosh can you see how sad it is. They both want to be home.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective 5422e499c0ce2

Mary Ann Manning fought off cancer for 3 years to fulfil her dream of dancing with her son Ryan at his wedding. Mary Ann sadly passed away just 3 days later.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Bx08XbsIUAAu7QX.crop_369x295_1918.preview

Soldier with shell shock

Shell shock occurs when a soldier receives a trauma on the battle field – look at the crazed look in the mans eyes!

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Qryw4ycwadj7icrxntcn1

Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Enhanced-buzz-wide-17552-1338407600-13

Starving Child With Vulture

In 1993, photographer Kevin Carter won the Pulitzer Prize for taking this photo of a starving girl in South Sudan being stalked by a vulture. It was a rule for the journalists not to touch victims of the famine to avoid transmitting disease. Carter was so overcome with guilt that he committed suicide 3 months later.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Xqq0xq2oswwmoyrdw98p1

Mourning Dog

A devastated dog lying on the grave of his deceased owner – how can anyone not love dogs?

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Yymq3tblornspfozzw201

TBC

Last edited by Brasidas on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Empty Re: 16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:17 am

Young Boy at his Father’s Funeral

The 8-year-old soldier’s son accepts an American flag at his father’s funeral – lets hope he grows up to be proud of his fathers sacrifice.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective I3encbjn1jnyczlhuqpv1

John Lennon with Mark David Chapman

John Lennon signing an autograph for the man who would shoot him dead only a few short hours later.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Ddoo3d9patgxiw3necs31

Concentration Camp Survivor

This is a little girl who grew up in a concentration camp drawing a picture of “home” while living in a residence for disturbed children in Poland, 1948. As you can see, she has no concept of a home.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Bgxw30xm9nxrdfzgkwtc1

Dorothy Counts

She was one of the first black students admitted to the Harry Harding High School in Charlotte, North Carolina. Her parents made her withdraw after she received four straight days of harassment.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Kwagxngg4qaguzosxknp1

Larry Swilling used to walk around Anderson, South Carolina asking  strangers if they would donate a kidney to his ill wife, Jimmy Sue. After one year of walking around every day Larey managed to find his wife a new kidney – what an amazing man.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Enhanced-3614-1406742843-10

Survivors

A five-year-old girl holds hands with a 105-year-old woman as they are evacuated from the convention center in New Orleans following on from the infamous hurricane

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Pierim3t86nryqndy97h1

Tired Surgeon

A heart surgeon after a successful 23-hour long heart transplantation. His assistant is sleeping in the corner. We do forgot how amazing surgeons are!

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Nsetbr2yrjsmtcbckpcx1

Widower

This man’s wife passed away five years ago but he still eats lunch with a photo of her.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Tqevt8l8xliqhddm7eip1

Job Hunting

This is a poignant photo that marks the struggle of the Great Depression.

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Hiyb31mbkldbkvhmulwt1

Back to top Go down

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Empty Re: 16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:40 am

@Koala
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/09/paw-mittens-needed-koalas-burnt-bushfires-animal-welfare-group-says

Actually happens pretty much every year (since we have bushfires every year)

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective 10892005_771090532940659_4215646618496199780_n
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Oh my god didge! That photo of the Vulture and the starving child!!!
That nearly broke my heart.

Great thread didge. Makes you appreciate life more x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:52 pm

eddie wrote:Oh my god didge! That photo of the Vulture and the starving child!!!

Thanks Eddie and have big thanks yourself.
That got me the picture and the man killed himself after Jesus, but the old boy with the picture of his wife, that was just beautiful and heartbreaking

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh my god didge! That photo of the Vulture and the starving child!!!

That got me the picture and the man killed himself after Jesus, but the old boy with the picture of his wife, that was just beautiful and heartbreaking

x

Yes! God it makes you really reaise that life is there for the joy of living x
That photo is haunting me Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

x

Sorry hun.xx

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

x

Sorry hun.xx

Lol not your fault xx
I'm just ultra sensitive to that kind of thing as I know you are x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Brasidas wrote:

x

Correspondents go through a lot of psychological trauma, a big part of it seems to be the fact that they're sent around to document such horrific things but they're ethically obliged not to get involved in any other way. An acquaintance of mine was sent to cover the Iraq war for months on end as a photographer, and he had a really hard time adjusting when he got back and was put back on local general-assignment duties.

The account of Ken Carter's photo on Wikipedia:

In March 1993, while on a trip to Sudan, Carter was preparing to photograph a starving toddler trying to reach a feeding center when a hooded vulture landed nearby. Carter reported taking the picture, because it was his "job title", and leaving. He was told not to touch the children for fear of transmitting disease. He committed suicide three months after winning the Pulitzer Prize.[4]
Sold to the New York Times, the photograph first appeared on 26 March 1993 and was carried in many other newspapers around the world. Hundreds of people contacted the newspaper to ask the fate of the girl. The paper reported that it was unknown whether she had managed to reach the feeding centre.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Heartbreaking Sad

I know I'd have intervened and helped her and damn the consequences.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 pm

eddie wrote:Heartbreaking Sad

I know I'd have intervened and helped her and damn the consequences.

It's a tough spot! Imagine being the person who took this photo instead of taking action:

16 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective Ap_Thich_Quang_Duc_nt_130610_blog
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down