NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diane Abbott: a different perspective

+4
nicko
HoratioTarr
Andy
eddie
8 posters

Go down

Diane Abbott: a different perspective  Empty Diane Abbott: a different perspective

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:41 pm

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT

I came across this and even though I'm not a fan, I like to be fair and post opposing points of view.
It did give me food for thought and the tweets are beyond disgusting.

We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now. (EXPLICIT CONTENT)

23 hours ago - author Jack Monroe
This is not a recipe. I wrote this as a series of tweets today and readers asked for it as a blog post, so here it is. Our politics may differ, so feel free to skip straight back to the recipes if that’s what you’re here for.

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT DIANE ABBOTT.

Right one of us political writer people needs to do this and it looks like it’s me. Grab a seat. I wanna talk about Diane.
Diane was first elected as an MP in 1987, the year before I was born. She has been dedicated to serving the British public for longer than I have even been alive. Hold that thought. Understand it.
Diane was the first black woman to have a seat in the House of Commons. She MADE HISTORY. Her father was welder, her mother a nurse. How many working class kids do we have in politics these days? Fuck all, really.
Diane went to Cambridge University to study history. IN THE SEVENTIES. In 2017 only 15 black kids went to Cambridge. Sit down and listen.
Diane worked for the Home Office in 1976. She was so smart they put her on a course to fast-track her career. (I’m just getting started.)
Diane was Race Relations Officer at the National Council for Civil Liberties from 1978 to 1980. (Big fucking job. Bet you couldn’t do it.)
Diane was a TV researcher and reporter from 1978 to 1985. I know a lot of those. They’re fast thinkers, avid fact hounds, brilliant minds.
Diane’s political career began in 1982, on Westminster City Council. Then in 1987, I’ll say it again, she became the first black female MP.

In 2008, her speech on civil liberties in the counterterrorism debate won Parliamentary Speech Of The Year in the Spectator awards.

That speech is here. Watch it, and then come back.  https://t.co/qNMvtilMa1

She founded the Black Child initiative, to raise educational achievements among black kids. She shared her damn platform.

She’s been the Shadow Minister for Public health,  working tirelessly to tackle Tory cuts to children’s services, maternity care, all of it.

In September 2011, the Telegraph called her ‘one of Labours best frontbench performers’. The same Telegraph now monsters her for clicks.

Diane was one of 16 MPs to write to Miliband in 2015 asking him to commit to opposing further austerity measures. She did that for all of us. Diane was one of a tiny handful of MPs to defy the Labour whip and vote AGAINST Tory austerity cuts. Those cuts are KILLING people.

Diane has consistently voted against a reduction in spending on benefits. She has consistently voted for and campaigned for higher benefits over longer periods for people unable to work due to illness/disability.

In March she raised the issue of cuts to domestic violence services, in the House of Commons: “women and children are turned away daily”.

Diane has campaigned to help unaccompanied migrant children travelling from Greece and Italy.

Diane is a skilled orator, a quick thinker, a glorious debater, a genuine public servant and a thoroughly decent woman. I mean reading through Hansard right now is a delight, some of her points and comebacks are glorious. And brilliant. And strong.

31st Jan 2017 – demanding to know why ESOL funding was being cut while the immigration debate focused on the importance of integration…

She has spoken on Leveson, terrorism, education, poverty, welfare, illness, disability, refugees, child sexual abuse, pro-choice abortion. Her campaigns include legal aid, civil liberties, fighting crime, sickle cell thallasemia, public transport, improving education. She has given speeches at Harvard University, for Christ’s sake. Have you? She has travelled to Kenya, China, Uganda, all over the world, representing the Government. Representing Britain. HAVE YOU?

And how, how has this brilliant, bright, dedicated, little black girl been thanked for 30 years of daily service to our country?
Like this. This is how you repay her. She gets this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR. THIRTY. YEARS.

Diane Abbott: a different perspective  Img_6922

There's a bit more to read about the author etc.
https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06/07/we-need-to-talk-about-diane-abbott-now-explicit-content/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Diane Abbott: a different perspective  Empty Re: Diane Abbott: a different perspective

Post by Andy Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Most of those tweets will be from the likes who wouldnt know what a day 's work is and wouldn't  know which end of the ballot paper pencil to use.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Diane Abbott: a different perspective  Empty Re: Diane Abbott: a different perspective

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:03 pm

So what?

Many people have been the 'first' of their race or sex. And done better and more meaningful work than Diane Abbott. People who actually make huge sacrifices or dedicate their whole lives to helping others.

I'm sure she's a decent enough woman outside of work, but she's made too many gaffs and too many hypocritical rants to ever endear herself to the majority of the public.

As for working tirelessly - that's her fucking job. Does she do it voluntarily. No. She gets paid good money for it. Triple figures, in fact.

This woman is just as self serving as any other politician.

As for those vile Tweets...these kind of trolls make a career out of this. Today it's Diane Abbott, tomorrow it'll be someone else.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Most of those tweets will be from the likes who wouldnt know what a day 's work is and wouldn't  know which end of the ballot paper pencil to use.

Yeah the sort who'd talk about sticking their cocks into women they don't even know just to amuse their friends.

When you can hold yourself with some dignity as a true man, then you may have a platform from which to speak about morals.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:20 pm

You need to spend more time vetting certain posters who post links with malware and viruses than you looking out for me. 
Ģood thing Veya was up to the job.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Veya Is Not up to the job as you put it, he has a chip a mile wide on his shoulders and as a Mod he should be at least a bit neutral. He is not, He will "run down" the Brits at every chance he gets ! Of course you lick his arse he's a dyed in the wool lefty just like yourself.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Angry Andy wrote:You need to spend more time vetting certain posters who post links with malware and viruses than you looking out for me. 
Ģood thing Veya was up to the job.

Well firstly I wasn't here you imbecile and secondly, unlike you, I'm not paranoid.

Oh and I have a thirdly: I obviously hit a nerve because you feel well stoopid.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Can't believe Andy is turning out to be a pain in the arse, he used to be a decent poster, now he just posts hate, is he visiting the local mosque?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:08 pm

nicko wrote:Can't believe Andy is turning out to be a pain in the arse, he used to be a decent poster,   now he just posts hate,   is he visiting the local mosque?

I was with you up until you mentioned the mosque.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Some Mosques preach hate Edds.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:34 pm

I don't think it's relevant that she's black. She became an MP because people voted for her.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:19 pm

nicko wrote:Some Mosques preach hate Edds.

You been to any Nicko?

Don't read the biased tabloids just go and visit any mosque near you and judge for yourself.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:21 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
nicko wrote:Some Mosques preach hate Edds.

You been to any Nicko?

Don't read the biased tabloids just go and visit any mosque near you and judge for yourself.

So you claim that none do ever preach hate?

Let’s say a far right group is in a spot of bother. A rival group has accused it of not being properly hardcore. It risks losing followers and needs to act. So it puts these words up on its website:

How dare you slander us. We say the penalty for following Islam is stoning to death. Some of us add that stoning is not enough – the criminals should be hanged too. This has always been our position on the horrible crime of following Islam.

How long before the howls of outrage sweep across the land and the cops pay the group a visit? Not long at all, I reckon, and rightly so in such a scenario.

Now turn to Barking.

The Jabir Bin Zayid mosque in Barking – attended by London Bridge attacker Khurram Butt in the past – is a mission of the Ibadi sect of Oman.

The sect has faced criticism from fellow Muslims. So Oman’s Grand Mufti decided to burnish its theological credentials. This way:

How then, could this slander be attributed to the Ibadhis whereas the Ibadhis consider the penalty for homosexuality to be stoning similar to the penalty for adultery! There are even those who see that a homosexual should be hanged and stoned to death. The Ibadhis have pre-determined this and have maintained it throughout their history and have been penalising those committing this horrible crime accordingly.

You will find these words on the website of the Jabir Bin Zayid mosque. Right out in the open. On a page published by a registered charity.

This is intolerable. As in, it should not be tolerated. This death cult preaching must end, everywhere in the UK, and above all in East London.

It won’t happen, I suspect. Some “conversations” are just too “difficult”.

http://hurryupharry.org/2017/06/06/the-jabir-bin-zayid-mosque-and-the-limits-of-tolerance/

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Nicko go and visit a mosque and judge for yourself.

The thing is I can sit on my laptop everyday in my house and get biased reports of people trying to murder me.

Sometimes one just needs to get a fucking life and actually see the outside world instead of staying on the computer all day long!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Nicko go and visit a mosque and judge for yourself.

The thing is I can sit on my laptop everyday in my house and get biased reports of people trying to murder me.

Sometimes one just needs to get a fucking life and actually see the outside world instead of staying on the computer all day long!

That is from their very own website Sexy

https://www.ahlulistiqamah.co.uk/index.php/en/ibadhism/34-who-are-the-ibadhis?showall=1&limitstart=

So tell me how this is biased?

Then tell me why you are trying to deny this hate speech?

Then tell me why again you deflect with immaturity?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Thorin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Nicko go and visit a mosque and judge for yourself.

https://www.ahlulistiqamah.co.uk/index.php/en/ibadhism/34-who-are-the-ibadhis?showall=1&limitstart=

There are about 10 pages on that website what do you want to talk about as I'm not going to go and read it all. Just tell me what you have a problem with.

and how am I deflecting with immaturity when I'm giving Nicko a chance to go to any Mosques he wants wherever he lives and actually meet with Muslims?

It's easy sitting in judgement of people you have never met with.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:40 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Thorin wrote:

There are about 10 pages on that website what do you want to talk about as I'm not going to go and read it all. Just tell me what you have a problem with.

and how am I deflecting with immaturity when I'm giving Nicko a chance to go to any Mosques he wants wherever he lives and actually meet with Muslims?

I want you to talk about this part

How then, could this slander be attributed to the Ibadhis whereas the Ibadhis consider the penalty for homosexuality to be stoning similar to the penalty for adultery! There are even those who see that a homosexual should be hanged and stoned to death. The Ibadhis have pre-determined this and have maintained it throughout their history and have been penalising those committing this horrible crime accordingly.

When he goes to this Mosque, will they tell him honestly they believe he is going to suffer eternally for being a non-believer and that to them, the only way he can save himself is to submit to the will of Allah?

That simply for holding different beliefs, he will suffer unimaginable pain based on the hateful doctrine of hell. The very thing this monotheist deity has created itself, based on the Abrahamic religions

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Thorin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

When he goes to this Mosque, will they tell him honestly they believe he is going to suffer eternally for being a non-believer and that to them, the only way he can save himself is to submit to the will of Allah?

That simply for holding different beliefs, he will suffer unimaginable pain based on the hateful doctrine of hell. The very thing this monotheist deity has created itself, based on the Abrahamic religions

I have to read up about Ibadhis.

No they will make him feel welcome especially as it's Ramadan, he will be offered food.

You cannot force anyone to do anything against their will and intention is everything in Islam it's known as NIYAT.

Anyway I'm off now.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:51 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I have to read up about Ibadhis.

No they will make him feel welcome especially as it's Ramadan, he will be offered food.

You cannot force anyone to do anything against their will and intention is everything in Islam it's known as NIYAT.

Anyway I'm off now.

What is there to read up about?

Is not the mainstream islamic view Homosexuality a sin and punishable, whether the view is in this life or the make believe next one?

How is that being in acceptance of those homosexual here in the UK?

is that not again hate speech?

Will this same Mosque make Eilzel feel welcome if he tells them he is homosexual?

Well many Muslim countries certainly force their intentions onto others in the name of Islam.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:05 pm

I've never been to a mosque but I sure as hell mix with Muslims daily and I have never felt threatened.
We have boring normal conversations about children, food and daily life. They've never preached hate to me.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 pm

eddie wrote:I've never been to a mosque but I sure as hell mix with Muslims daily and I have never felt threatened.
We have boring normal conversations about children, food and daily life. They've never preached hate to me.

Most people know Muslims and get on very well with them, because most do not hold extreme views.

The point is though over the claim to Mosques, which the case is that there is countless evidence of hate speech taught.

Like i said, would Eilzel be welcomed in such a Mosque, when they think he should be stoned to death?

I mean in any other area, schooling, teaching, work etc, any such view against homosexuals would be deemed rightly as hate speech.

Sadly within religion it is protected to allow hate speech, based off religious myths.

That is wrong Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:26 am

This thread is supposed to be about Diane Abbott. Too many threads turn into ones about Muslims.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:33 am

Bet she's feeling lots better today Razz
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:59 pm

eddie wrote:I've never been to a mosque but I sure as hell mix with Muslims daily and I have never felt threatened.

The Blue Mosque in Istanbul is something else but we couldn't go in during prayers. I've not had any negative experiences with any ethnic group where I am. But my daughter had a different experience where she lived in Whalley Range.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:This thread is supposed to be about Diane Abbott. Too many threads turn into ones about Muslims.

Slight difference

It was diverged by Nicko on mosques (of which he was right on)

A poor inaccurate claim was then made that Mosques do not promote hate speech (some threads diverge and people actively engage in then that debate)

In fact, many are protected by law to actively do so.

Case in point the hate promoted against homosexuals by many Mosques.

In no school, work place or public situation would that be tolerated, but within the confines of religious teachings within places of worship, its protected by law.

In the real world the Bible and the Quran and Torah would be consider hate speech as political books.
Place some religious myth attached to them, and its protected from being seen as hate speech

That is the point made here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down