NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 traits of killer police

4 posters

Go down

7 traits of killer police Empty 7 traits of killer police

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:27 am

The New Orleans Times has published a list of characteristics common to police officers who use deadly force. The list was assembled by criminologist Evaristus Obinyan and paints a banal and saddening picture.

1) They work in departments said to have a ’siege mentality’. (the article stresses that what constitutes a ‘siege mentality’ is not entirely clear)

2) They are male.

3) They are younger.

4) They are less educated.

5) They have an inability to recognise mentally ill offenders.

6) They have usually exhibited some form of mental instability in the past.

7) They work in high-crime areas.

The recent killings of 12 year old Tamir Rice, 18 year old Michael Brown, 43 year old Eric Garner and 17 year old Trayvon Martin, all of whom are African American, have led to understandable outpourings of grief and anger from a community that has a too-well-justified historical basis on which to feel unfairly persecuted by law enforcement.

Obinyan said education, or the lack thereof is one of the most important factors in determining whether or not an officer will pull the trigger. Also, seasoned officers are far less likely to use deadly force, even in high crime areas.

It’s no secret that black men are grossly over-represented when it comes to who is getting shot by the police, but Obinyan makes the point that he, “didn’t use race as a variable, black officers kill black people too, it’s not a black and white thing, it’s a blue thing”. Some people might remain unconvinced, but the effect that uniforms can have on humans’ willingness to over-exercise their authority cannot be overstated.

Perhaps, if departments avoided dressing police in combat gear more suitable for Afghanistan than suburbia, they would be less likely to exist in a ‘siege mentality’, and think twice before pulling the trigger.

http://www.thevine.com.au/police/news/7-characteristics-of-police-who-kill-20141205-291363/?utm_source=thevine&utm_medium=featured-rotator&utm_campaign=internal-testing

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

7 traits of killer police Empty Re: 7 traits of killer police

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:57 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nathanwpyle/the-day-i-started-to-acknowledge-systematic-racism

7 traits of killer police Enhanced-4445-1417814072-5

7 traits of killer police Enhanced-7467-1417813173-3

read more And the rest of the Pictures at source.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:49 am

Great exchange in the comments on the second link.

Guy 1: "Hi there, I've a daily delivery here of "white guilt" for BUZZFEED. Would you mind signing for it?"

Guy 2: "I don't feel guilty, I didn't do shit.

I'm just not stupid enough to ignore the fact that this country was literally built on racism. Until the 1960's it was officially a police state for every citizen that wasn't white, and the weekly shootings of unarmed black men in 2014 make it obvious a lot of areas still are in practice today.

Ignoring it doesn't make it go away, it makes you a part of the problem. Then again throwing out comments like "white guilt" makes it pretty apparent that you'd rather encourage it to continue than see it stop."

^^^ THAT. The fight is not to make any non-guilty person feel guilty -- that's an irrational response anyway. The fight is to make sure that enough people can see the system for what it really is.

If that's achieved, the hope is that enough people will be outraged by the inequity in the system to try to change it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:55 am

This seems to be a bigger problem in the US than over here? Or am I ignorant?
We dint seem to have the proper violence that you experience in the US.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:08 pm

“[ I ] didn’t use race as a variable, black officers kill black people too, it’s not a black and white thing, it’s a blue thing”.

This is very typical of white-dominated thinking.  They deal in surficial signs and signals.  They don't understand cognitive layering.

First, there is racism in the first layer of American-cop cognitive influence.  Then there is blacks are dangerous and outlaws, in the next layer of American-cop cognitive influence.  Then there is the cop, influenced by all the notions of America-cop thinking.  Black or white, he is a captive of American-cop cognitive influence.  It's still racism...just whitey looking for escape (Not me, not me, look...it was a black that did it).  It's really the mind-set.

I have often dealt with this in employment discrimination, where you have a black superior who who takes adverse action against a black employee.  Overriding it all is the white cognitive ideology.  In employment situations, you want to get ahead; so...to get along you go along.  What do you follow?  The common (white) cognitive ideology, of course.  Indeed, behind the scenes there is a 50-50 chance there is actually a white superior telling you to do it!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:“[ I ] didn’t use race as a variable, black officers kill black people too, it’s not a black and white thing, it’s a blue thing”.

This is very typical of white-dominated thinking.  They deal in surficial signs and signals.  They don't understand cognitive layering.

First, there is racism in the first layer of American-cop cognitive influence.  Then there is blacks are dangerous and outlaws, in the next layer of American-cop cognitive influence.  Then there is the cop, influenced by all the notions of America-cop thinking.  Black or white, he is a captive of American-cop cognitive influence.  It's still racism...just whitey looking for escape (Not me, not me, look...it was a black that did it).  It's really the mind-set.

I have often dealt with this in employment discrimination, where you have a black superior who who takes adverse action against a black employee.  Overriding it all is the white cognitive ideology.  In employment situations, you want to get ahead; so...to get along you go along.  What do you follow?  The common (white) cognitive ideology, of course.  Indeed, behind the scenes there is a 50-50 chance there is actually a white superior telling you to do it!

Or as Ice Cube would put it, "black police showin' out for the white cop" Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:04 pm

eddie wrote:This seems to be a bigger problem in the US than over here? Or am I ignorant?
We dint seem to have the proper violence that you experience in the US.

Eddie like here the UK has less than a 10th the police killings and like a 50th of the police shooting Per Capita.

So it is a US centric problem
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down