NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP a brave man

5 posters

Go down

RIP a brave man Empty RIP a brave man

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 pm

and our prayers to his badly injured collegue

It has been announced that the virgin galactic "spaceship two" crashed on test this evening over the Mojave dessert.

brave brave men those test pilots....

http://news.sky.com/story/1364455/one-dead-as-virgin-galactic-spaceship-crashes

Back to top Go down

RIP a brave man Empty Re: RIP a brave man

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:10 am

I fought in court to change safety practices with two shuttle launches...both crashed...Challenger and Columbia.

Things never change. First thing I thought when I saw these two mishaps so close together was, here we go again.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:20 am

Always had a soft spot for this, as my father worked for a company that contracted for NASA. I have all kinds of old Apollo-Soyuz stuff my dad got through his company back in those days, along with his Commemorative Cachet from the first Columbia mission.

With the Challenger, TVs were wheeled into our classrooms at school (think I was in sixth grade) and we stopped everything. Columbia actually woke me up the morning it was lost, it sounded like a gunshot ... so sad to see anyone die like this, but at least they knew the risks and were undoubtedly doing what they loved to do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Always had a soft spot for this, as my father worked for a company that contracted for NASA. I have all kinds of old Apollo-Soyuz stuff my dad got through his company back in those days, along with his Commemorative Cachet from the first Columbia mission.

With the Challenger, TVs were wheeled into our classrooms at school (think I was in sixth grade) and we stopped everything. Columbia actually woke me up the morning it was lost, it sounded like a gunshot ... so sad to see anyone die like this, but at least they knew the risks and were undoubtedly doing what they loved to do.

How do you feel about base-jumping? Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:17 pm

Brave men indeed. As modern day pioneers they risk their life taking on roles like that. Where would we without people like them now and in the distant past.

RIP

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Always had a soft spot for this, as my father worked for a company that contracted for NASA. I have all kinds of old Apollo-Soyuz stuff my dad got through his company back in those days, along with his Commemorative Cachet from the first Columbia mission.

How do you feel about base-jumping?  Laughing

I think that's more like pointless thrill-seeking Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Yeah, base jumping is risking your life for no scientific purpose. It's just personal thrill seeking.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:43 pm

+1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content