NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brave People

5 posters

Go down

Brave People Empty Brave People

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:04 pm

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll put in this section. This girl has balls with a capital B.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Brave People Empty Re: Brave People

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 pm

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 pm

I just love the way she cuts through others' bullshit and tells it as it is. Good luck to her, and let's hope other girls follow suit.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:16 pm

What an amazing young girl, reminds me of me, at that kind of age, always doing things and saying things people frowned upon.
I hope she goes far.

That was a great video, and makes you realise how easy we have it.

Tommy should watch this. I'd like his views.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Tom will say it's staged and se is an actress.
Which is an improvement on his traditional intellectual "yawn".
Thick as mince is unfair on mince.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 pm

I've always admired bravery in human beings, and animals. The kind of gallantry that makes them stand out from the herd and be accounted for. This girl has a courageous heart, but can she truly withstand all those years of religious conditioning?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I've always admired bravery in human beings, and animals.  The kind of gallantry that makes them stand out from the herd and be accounted for.  This girl has a courageous heart, but can she truly withstand all those years of religious conditioning?  

I don't think you can ever change someone's 'core' so no, I don't think her people have heard the last of her and I don't think she will be easily conditioned either.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:34 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:I've always admired bravery in human beings, and animals.  The kind of gallantry that makes them stand out from the herd and be accounted for.  This girl has a courageous heart, but can she truly withstand all those years of religious conditioning?  

I don't think you can ever change someone's 'core' so no, I don't think her people have heard the last of her and I don't think she will be easily conditioned either.

She's very young, and as she matures, and perhaps considers marriage and children, this will probably change and she'll succumb. The social conditioning will be too strong and it's kind of really poignant to see this kind of strong, brave young person trying so hard to swim against her cultural traditions.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:43 pm

But we have the same thing to a lesser, or should I say different, extent. Children over here are conditioned.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:04 pm

Well, you have delivery men telling boys not to dress up as fairies -- that's pretty much the same thing as a random stranger telling this girl to put on a veil.

The weird thing is that conservatives totally miss their own tendencies in people of other cultures.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:19 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, you have delivery men telling boys not to dress up as fairies -- that's pretty much the same thing as a random stranger telling this girl to put on a veil.

The weird thing is that conservatives totally miss their own tendencies in people of other cultures.

The difference being, the boy is encouraged by his parents in a society that's mostly very tolerant and doesn't equate family shame or honour associated with rebellion of any kind. Rolling Eyes
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:14 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Well, you have delivery men telling boys not to dress up as fairies -- that's pretty much the same thing as a random stranger telling this girl to put on a veil.

The difference being, the boy is encouraged by his parents in a society that's mostly very tolerant and doesn't equate family shame or honour associated with rebellion of any kind.   Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but -- if England were about 10 times more conservative, you might very well have his own family punishing him for that behavior, or a lot more strangers admonishing all of them.

If you were born where they were born and raised as they were raised, you'd mostly likely think the way they think.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:00 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

The difference being, the boy is encouraged by his parents in a society that's mostly very tolerant and doesn't equate family shame or honour associated with rebellion of any kind.   Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but -- if England were about 10 times more conservative, you might very well have his own family punishing him for that behavior, or a lot more strangers admonishing all of them.

If you were born where they were born and raised as they were raised, you'd mostly likely think the way they think.

What has that to do with this video and this discussion? Why do all threads on here merely devolve into argument about who's opinion is the right one? The kid has balls, good luck to her. She clearly doesn't think like the people she's been born around, which is what we're supposed to be debating. It's always got to sink to the right wing/left wing shite. Fucking boring!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:52 am

Ben is anti British like others on here.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down