NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam

+3
Lone Wolf
Fuzzy Zack
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam Empty New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:24 am

Zale Thompson injured two NYC police officers in a 'lone wolf' attack after praising jihad and writing with a 'hyper-racial focus' online.

The man who attacked four New York police officers with an axe in the latest ‘lone wolf’ terror attack was a US Navy veteran who recently converted to Islam and had made rambling posts on social media justifying and praising jihad.
Zale Thompson, 32, did not speak a word as he attacked the officers on Thursday night as they posed for a photograph in the Queens borough of New York, injuring two, one critically. Thompson was shot dead at the scene by the other officers.
He is believed to have been a deeply troubled man who also used a Muslim convert name - Zaim Farouq Abdul-Malik – and went on Facebook and YouTube to rage against the West and the legacy of colonialism and slavery.
“If you’re looking for ‘perfect’ Muslims who never make any mistakes in their Jihad, then you will be looking in vain!” Thompson posted on YouTube last month beneath a video explaining the Islamic caliphate.
“If the Zionists and the Crusaders had never invaded and colonized the Islamic lands after WW1, then there would be no need for Jihad! Which is better, to sit around and do nothing, or to Jihad fisabeelallah!”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11186983/New-York-axe-attacker-Navy-veteran-who-converted-to-Islam.html

A few things stand out here.
A loner.
A convert again.
Rhetoric about justifying violence on events near a hundred years old.
Jihad.
Angry at the world.

On thing is clear though in this case and others, the peaceful doctrine of Islam is being superseded by the violent one which people have access to online.

Back to top Go down

New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam Empty Re: New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:33 am

Assholes like him give real loners a bad name.

A true loner doesn't latch onto some fanatical murderous ideology in order to feel like a part of that elusive "something bigger;" they're happy to be your friend, partner, ally, etc. as long as you don't expect them to unreasonably conform to anything just to "be part of the group." They flip the bird to those who are just dying (or killing) to be part of some group.

Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam Empty Re: New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:36 am

This has a connection to school shooters Ben, rejection, being the key here where he is constantly rejected and thus looks to be part of some group, the most notable being Islamic extremism, a place they can fit in. This is the worrying factor, because to me this is the problem, people rejected by society or at odds with the world they live in are being easily drawn to a group that willingly accepts them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 am

Brasidas wrote:This has a connection to school shooters Ben, rejection, being the key here where he is constantly rejected and thus looks to be part of some group, the most notable being Islamic extremism, a place they can fit in. This is the worrying factor, because to me this is the problem, people rejected by society or at odds with the world they live in are being easily drawn to a group that willingly accepts them.

Absolutely -- I just hate to see it blamed on being a "loner;" the very word implies someone able to get along without belonging to a group -- whereas it seems to me the act of axing or shooting people is a huge cry for attention at the least, if not membership in some bullshit tribe.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:45 am

True Ben, but it is within such a group that some of them are vulnerable and susceptible to extremism and is one area we must tackle the problem of.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Zale Thompson injured two NYC police officers in a 'lone wolf' attack after praising jihad and writing with a 'hyper-racial focus' online.

The man who attacked four New York police officers with an axe in the latest ‘lone wolf’ terror attack was a US Navy veteran who recently converted to Islam and had made rambling posts on social media justifying and praising jihad.
Zale Thompson, 32, did not speak a word as he attacked the officers on Thursday night as they posed for a photograph in the Queens borough of New York, injuring two, one critically. Thompson was shot dead at the scene by the other officers.
He is believed to have been a deeply troubled man who also used a Muslim convert name - Zaim Farouq Abdul-Malik – and went on Facebook and YouTube to rage against the West and the legacy of colonialism and slavery.
“If you’re looking for ‘perfect’ Muslims who never make any mistakes in their Jihad, then you will be looking in vain!” Thompson posted on YouTube last month beneath a video explaining the Islamic caliphate.
“If the Zionists and the Crusaders had never invaded and colonized the Islamic lands after WW1, then there would be no need for Jihad! Which is better, to sit around and do nothing, or to Jihad fisabeelallah!”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11186983/New-York-axe-attacker-Navy-veteran-who-converted-to-Islam.html

A few things stand out here.
A loner.
A convert again.
Rhetoric about justifying violence on events near a hundred years old.
Jihad.
Angry at the world.

On thing is clear though in this case and others, the peaceful doctrine of Islam is being superseded by the violent one which people have access to online.

This is why I think you're a bigot.

Perhaps he (like the Canadian guy who 'recently' converted), he had mental problems before his conversion.

But no - you think he was completely fine before his conversion and some violent doctrine made him into a killer.

You're analysis is so amateurish but the funny thing is, you think you're intelligent. HA!

The above proves once again you cannot have a rational debate.
He may have had mental problems, but not all who do convert to a extremist group will have, so suggesting that avenue is neglecting the core problem of those who are rejected in society which would also include people with mental health problems. I even stated angry at the world, which clearly does show his views before he converted, showing how inept you are at reading what has been presented. So there is many factors but all come under the same group of those rejected. So no it does not make me a bigot it just shows I am far more clued up on this than yourself, hence your immature responses. What I am showing is a vulnerable group, which we need to help prevent falling victim to Islamic extremist bullshit, but then you never see the full picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Absolutely -- I just hate to see it blamed on being a "loner;" the very word implies someone able to get along without belonging to a group -- whereas it seems to me the act of axing or shooting people is a huge cry for attention at the least, if not membership in some bullshit tribe.

Cool     I AGREE absolutely, Ben ~ their problems have absolutely nothing to do with being a "loner".

Didge is quoting from the likes of bloggers/reporters/FBI profilers who often really don't have a clue, but are  "grasping at straws" and wanting to look like they are doing something about the latest crime..

THAT latest axe maniac was definitely suffering from some kind of mental illness ~ the first photo' that they released of him is 'proof positive' of that.

AS FOR that quoted blogger/reporter deliberately and continually taking and misusing my latest screen name in vain ==  that fool surely deserves to be taken out the back and smacked around the head with a rubber hose a few dozen times for his/her misdeeds  !     New York axe attacker: Navy veteran who converted to Islam 2347854014

Whether you think he has a mental illness, still fails to look back at the vulnerable category here, those who are loners rejected by society, which includes people with mental health issues. This does not mean all lone people are rejected by society or even need society to get on with their lives. To ignore this problem is ignoring the very factor that drives people rejected into the wrongs groups, where they are seeking acceptance. Just because he is part of a category you are of, does not mean we should ignore the problem, where if people are not being rejected they are then not drawn to extremist groups that will accept them.
This terrorist is a lone wolf, that is a fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:05 pm

"On thing is clear though in this case and others, the peaceful doctrine of Islam is being superseded by the violent one which people have access to online."

Yeah! Ok dodge!

lol!

Islam has not been peaceful for 1400 years, the whole thing is based on war, murder, rape, death and destruction.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:"On thing is clear though in this case and others, the peaceful doctrine of Islam is being superseded by the violent one which people have access to online."

Yeah! Ok dodge!

lol!

Islam has not been peaceful for 1400 years, the whole thing is based on war, murder, rape, death and destruction.

Well 1400 years of history actually proves you wrong being as just like now millions of Muslims follow a peaceful doctrine, while some follow a war based doctrine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:57 pm

1400 years of history is full of Muslim conquests through war, death destruction.

You only have to do a quick Google to see that dodge.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Brasidas wrote:This has a connection to school shooters Ben, rejection, being the key here where he is constantly rejected and thus looks to be part of some group, the most notable being Islamic extremism, a place they can fit in. This is the worrying factor, because to me this is the problem, people rejected by society or at odds with the world they live in are being easily drawn to a group that willingly accepts them.

I don't exactly buy the 'rejection' thesis. The Marysville school shooter cannot say he felt rejected. He was elected Prom King, fgs.

Obviously there is some sort of disaffection going on. But it appears not to be deeply psychological, or necessarily personal.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:1400 years of history is full of Muslim conquests through war, death destruction.

You only have to do a quick Google to see that dodge.

I have never denied that some Muslims have engaged in wars, but you will find there is not 1400 continious years of war though, so your theory is pants. My view the correct one is it allows for violence, just as we have seen with Christian violence and war.

To Quill

Up to you if you do not buy the rejection view, it is at the heart though of the vast majority of those who do kill in the group of loners. You are also wrong on the Marysville school shooter, as many claim he was rejected by a girl, so again the root always falls back to rejection.

But a school official and several witnesses said he had been involved in a fight with another student. And a friend of one of the victims said he had been recently rejected by a female classmate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:10 pm

I said war, murder, rape death and destruction.

And persecution of non Muslims.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Yes I know you did say that, which is why I replied to correct you.

Bye for now

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:22 pm

You take a nebulous concept like 'rejection' and you can find it anywhere. My dad didn't raise my allowance--I was rejected. The judge didn't buy my defense and fined me $400--I was rejected. I applied to Princeton--I was rejected.

Everything negative is rejection, if you wish. How are you going to distinguish that from everyday life? Or, if you mean to say that these guys fit the pattern of everyday life, then you agree with me.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:41 pm

That is the point you find it everywhere being it is the root cause here and of course other facts play a part, butt he root reason will be for the majority of the time rejection. Here we are not talking about your everyday rejection, most fit a pattern as this attacker does of being rejected by many people unable to fit in ad here he finds his place as he is accepted through ideological Islam. Look at this anger of the world, it all falls back to rejection, all other issues he has will stem from this.

Right have good day Quill as I am off out.

Bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi Didge,

I'm just pointing out that with that definition of 'rejection' its just everyday life.

Have a good day.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Why is it that so many, who act in this way, are recent converts to Islam?
That's the question we need to ask.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:00 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Whether you think he has a mental illness, still fails to look back at the vulnerable category here, those who are loners rejected by society, which includes people with mental health issues. This does not mean all lone people are rejected by society or even need society to get on with their lives. To ignore this problem is ignoring the very factor that drives people rejected into the wrongs groups, where they are seeking acceptance. Just because he is part of a category you are of, does not mean we should ignore the problem, where if people are not being rejected they are then not drawn to extremist groups that will accept them.
This terrorist is a lone wolf, that is a fact.

pirat

AND again you sidestep the whole issue of the wrongful use and misapplication of the term "loners", Didge !

AS A demographic, "Loners" make up a large minority of the population at large ~ and the great majority of "loners" get along perfectly well in life, no more likely to commit crimes, turn radical or be unduly mean to their mothers..

UNTIL, that is, some Empty headed and clueless dolts such as FBI "profilers", TV and movie script_writers, and 4th rate reporters/bloggers start throwing the term around as if it meant something ~ all the while ignoring the fact that they are bad-mouthing a large group of innocent people !    Rolling Eyes

AND that doesn't even touch on the sins of the blogger in your O/P continually mis-using the name 'Lone Wolf' in his/her bullshit post..

Chuck Norris would not be impressed !!!

Again you are not reading what I am writing and have o issue with many loners, where the point you are missing is that some are vulnerable, not all but some, where through rejection will seek to be a part of something. Those angered with the world and system will be easy prey for the extremists to recruit. Basically your reply was there are more sane and happy loners, great, is not the point I am addressing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:02 am

The 9/11 and 7/7 lot weren't recent converts, nor was those involved in Scottish airport attack.

Or the overwhelming majority of Muslims involved in other despicable acts around the world.

The recent converts who have been responsible for terrorist acts are mostly just puppets with their strings being pulled by other Muslims.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Here's an interesting read.....

http://www.historyofjihad.org/

With links in blue on left listing Muslim aggression over the centuries.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:12 pm

eddie wrote:Why is it that so many, who act in this way, are recent converts to Islam?

Muslim converts today are convicts or psychological wrecks like Jose Padilla and Richard Reid

But the Muslims have devised ingenious methods to reach those best suited for Islam, so they evangelize in Prisons, where they can appeal to the dregs of society, or those come from broken families, those who have gone through divorces, or those who have had some heart-breaking personal experience.

It is on the emotions of such unfortunate wrecks and irredeemable convicts that these Muslim missionaries prey like vultures and hyenas to make them join the murderous ranks of Islam. Richard Reid, the Shoe bomber, Jose Padilla are specimen of those who become Muslim today.

These weak and troubled people are manipulated by their Muslim handlers and encouraged to carry out terrorist acts.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:37 pm

eddie wrote:Why is it that so many, who act in this way, are recent converts to Islam?

As Tommy touched upon, it's not unusual for desperate people to turn to radical ideologies. It's hard for some people to go through trauma without turning to something that offers simple answers to the big questions.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 pm

And the Muslims prey upon them, turning them into terrorists....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And the Muslims prey upon them, turning them into terrorists....

You're conflating the word "Muslim" with the word "terrorist," of course. The huge majority of Muslims aren't terrorists, obviously.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing

TOMMY MONK is still as big a racist ignoramus this week as he was last week...

SOME things in this world will never change..

How is it racist to be critical of a religion?

But one thing that won't change is you being a twat!

You proclaim my posts are all rubbish or racist or stupid etc but then also continually tell us that you don't even read them as you have me on ignore.

Idiot!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:How 100,000 Britons have chosen to become Muslim... and average convert is 27-year-old white woman

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343954/100-000-Islam-converts-living-UK-White-women-keen-embrace-Muslim-faith.html#ixzz3HHKEUmu7

Yet we never have an accurate figure of those who leave Islam.

Over 100,000 people in Britain converted to Islam between 2001-2011, yet it is believed that up to 75 per cent may have since lost their faith. Who are they - and how do they feel about the way of life they embraced then quickly abandoned?

http://www.newstatesman.com/religion/2013/05/confessions-ex-Muslim

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/female-conversion-to-islam-in-britain-examined-in-unique-research-project

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Over 100,000 people in Britain converted to Islam between 2001-2011, yet it is believed that up to 75 per cent may have since lost their faith. Who are they - and how do they feel about the way of life they embraced then quickly abandoned?

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/female-conversion-to-islam-in-britain-examined-in-unique-research-project

That's not the point I was making.

I am making two points.
One, how your figure fails to take into account those who have left.
Two how some ex-Muslims are afraid to say they have left Islam.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:12 pm

that's easy....

it is not that they converted to Islam and became Violent
it is that they wanted to be a violent radical and at the moment Radical Islam is accepting all comers.
they already want to do this and by converting to a radical Islam(or the KKK for example) they are just surrounding themselves with people who wont tell them it is a bad idea and may even encourage it.

there will always be moths attracted to open flames.
Radical Islam is just the open flame currently burning brightest.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

That's not the point I was making.

I am making two points.
One, how your figure fails to take into account those who have left.
Two how  some ex-Muslims are afraid to say they have left Islam.

yep I know here Islam looked like it was growing very fast but at the same time is losing huge numbers to agnostic/atheist so it is not really growing very fast at all.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:10 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Just Youtube "Muslim converts 2014" and tell me that they are 'scared'.

How about Muslims in Islamic majority countries, are people there not scared to leave Islam, those that want to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

How about Muslims in Islamic majority countries, are people there not scared to leave Islam, those that want to?

This thread is about converts in Western countries. Your thread diversion is pathetic, as always.

Dear me acting like a 4 year old again.
No this thread is what we all chopose to debate and as seen you duck out of difficult questions or more to the point ignore the massive problem of people trying to leave Islam in majority Islamic countries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down