NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania)

4 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania) Empty Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania)

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:31 pm

A small drone dangling an Albanian banner and circling the soccer field touched off fighting between Serbian and Albanian players and fans, forcing a European Championship qualifier to be called off.

English referee Martin Atkinson halted the match in the 41st minute when a Serbian player grabbed the banner and Albanian players tried to protect it. Several Serbian fans ran onto the field and clashed with Albanian players. The score was 0-0 at the time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania) Empty Re: Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania)

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Wow ... not excusing the fighting, but apparently whoever was controlling the drone (not reported that I could see) flew it low enough that a Serbian player actually grabbed it.

Seems to me Serbia deserves three points for this episode ...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0370b2925ad44aa18c4d80129583fbca/drone-banner-force-end-euro-soccer-qualifier
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania) Empty Re: Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania)

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:02 am

Albanians!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:20 am

Original Quill wrote:Albanians!

Yeah, if you check out the description in the link of that banner, it was probably very offensive to the Serbs. I've met a good number of Serb immigrants here who were just so happy to get away from all that mess ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:25 am

Blimey, when you mentioned flap and drones, I thought this thread was going somewhere completely different.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Blimey, when you mentioned flap and drones, I thought this thread was going somewhere completely different.

Oh. Right. Bet you were well disappointed then. Flag flap leads to Euro cancellation (Serbia and Albania) 2300614393
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Blimey, when you mentioned flap and drones, I thought this thread was going somewhere completely different.

Right...when I opened up the section, I had to look twice as well. I don't generally use the term 'flap' nor have I ever been to any of these so-called fringe sites. But then I remember I just used the title of the article I took it from.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down