NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new recipe

4 posters

Go down

A new recipe Empty A new recipe

Post by Cass Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:27 pm

So today as its my day off, I am attempting to make Pho for the first time - home made. For this of you not familiar it is a Vietnamese broth to which you add thinly sliced beef, beansprouts, limes, chilies (Thai birdseye), Asian basil, cilantro, rice noodles and because I can shitake mushrooms.

Luckily we have a couple of Asian supermarkets here and all the ingredients are fresh and I am using a authentic broth base which the girl who does my pedicure told me she uses. The broth is simmering as we speak - the smell of star anise and cinammon is making me drool. I have another 8 hours to wait to eat it.....torture

I will let you know how it goes down so to speak......
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

A new recipe Empty Re: A new recipe

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Cass wrote:So today as its my day off, I am attempting to make Pho for the first time - home made. For this of you not familiar it is a Vietnamese broth to which you add thinly sliced beef, beansprouts, limes, chilies (Thai birdseye), Asian basil, cilantro, rice noodles and because I can shitake mushrooms.

Luckily we have a couple of Asian supermarkets here and all the ingredients are fresh and I am using a authentic broth base which the girl who does my pedicure told me she uses. The broth is simmering as we speak - the smell of star anise and cinammon is making me drool. I have another 8 hours to wait to eat it.....torture

Lol...I do hope the toenails have nothing to do with the broth. Shocked

Other than that, sounds delish...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:So today as its my day off, I am attempting to make Pho for the first time - home made. For this of you not familiar it is a Vietnamese broth to which you add thinly sliced beef, beansprouts, limes, chilies (Thai birdseye), Asian basil, cilantro, rice noodles and because I can shitake mushrooms.

Lol...I do hope the toenails have nothing to do with the broth. Shocked

Other than that, sounds delish...

well all I know is that my feet are smooth........lol
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 am

OMG it was so good....and not as hard to make as I thought.A dash of soy sauce and dash of Chili sauce made it complete.

some leftovers for lunch - bazinga
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Does it travel well?
I would like some posted please.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Cass wrote:OMG it was so good....and not as hard to make as I thought.A dash of soy sauce and dash of Chili sauce made it complete.

Sounds delicious; reminds me of Haltom City, where I grew up -- Belknap Street has tons of Pho places within a few blocks of one another and you can smell it everywhere Smile

A new recipe 6958150
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:39 am

eds sorry all gone......I will pm you the recipe later....I put the mushrooms in cause of you x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:40 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:OMG it was so good....and not as hard to make as I thought.A dash of soy sauce and dash of Chili sauce made it complete.

Sounds delicious; reminds me of Haltom City, where I grew up -- Belknap Street has tons of Pho places within a few blocks of one another and you can smell it everywhere Smile

A new recipe 6958150

ben we're lucky here with lots of Korean and a few good Vietnamese places
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:25 am

Cass wrote:eds sorry all gone......I will pm you the recipe later....I put the mushrooms in cause of you x

cheers that's why I loves ya
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down