NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders

+5
Lone Wolf
Frazzled
veya_victaous
captain
Original Quill
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders - Page 3 Empty Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pre-dawn raids across Sydney and Brisbane led to the arrest of fifteen people and the reported seizure of a scimitar, a gun, machetes, balaclavas and military fatigues which authorities said were to be used in a plot to “shock, horrify and terrorise” the community.
The raids involved more than 800 security officers and marked the biggest counter-terrorism operation in Australian history.
Tony Abbott, Australia’s prime minister, said the raids followed intelligence that a senior figure in the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) had been directing operatives in Australia to perform “demonstration killings”.
“The exhortations, quite direct exhortations, were coming from an Australian, who is apparently quite senior in Isil, to networks of support back in Australia to conduct demonstration killings here in this country,” he told reporters in the Northern Territory.
“So this is not just suspicion, this is intent and that’s why the police and security agencies decided to act in the way they have.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/11103346/Australia-foils-Islamic-State-terror-plot-to-commit-Lee-Rigby-style-murders.html

Back to top Go down

Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders - Page 3 Empty Re: Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:17 am

Before I go, I think this sums up my views on religion:

The most common impediment to clear thinking that a non-believer must confront is the idea that the burden of proof can be fairly placed on his shoulders: "How do you know there is no God? Can you prove it? You atheists are just as dogmatic as the fundamentalists you criticise." This is nonsense: even the devout tacitly reject thousands of gods, along with the cherished doctrines of every religion but their own. Every Christian can confidently judge the God of Zoroaster to be a creature of fiction, without first scouring the universe for evidence of his absence. Absence of evidence is all one ever needs to banish false knowledge. And bad evidence, proffered in a swoon of wishful thinking, is just as damning.
But honest reasoning can lead us further into the fields of unbelief, for we can prove that books such as the Bible and the Quran bear no trace of divine authorship. We know far too much about the history of these texts to accept what they say about their own origins. And just imagine how good a book would be if it had been written by an omniscient Being.
The moment one views the contents of scripture in this light, one can reject the doctrines of Judaism, Christianity and Islam definitively. The true authors of God's eternal Word knew nothing about the origins of life, the relationship between mind and brain, the causes of illness, or how best to create a viable, global civilisation in the 21st century. That alone should resolve every conflict between religion and science in the latter's favour, until the end of the world.
In fact, the notion that any ancient book could be an infallible guide to living in the present gets my vote for being the most dangerously stupid idea on earth.
What remains for us to discover, now and always, are those truths about our world that will allow us to survive and fully flourish. For this, we need only well-intentioned and honest inquiry - love and reason. Faith, if it is ever right about anything, is right by accident.

Back to top Go down

Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders - Page 3 Empty Re: Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders

Post by nicko Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Well said didge!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Others groups oppose the new laws, claiming fears or a terror attack are being used to justify legislative overreach from our lawmakers. Liberal Democrat Senator David Leyonhjelm said he won’t support moves to give greater power to ASIO as it could encroach on Australian’s civil liberties.

“Taken as a whole it could well be described as contrary to the rule of law and detrimental to our liberties,”
he said.

Australian Lawyers Alliance spokesman Greg Barns also is against greater powers for ASIO, saying: “Both major parties are using terror fears to allow ASIO to harass and rough up individuals, spy on our neighbours, and other associated activities without the media being able to ensure Australians know about such abuses of power.

The forum on Australia’s Islamic Relations spokesman Kuranda Seyit said freedoms were being sacrificed in the name of security.

“I am very worried that we are allowing the terrorists to gain the upper hand. This is what they want,” he said.

“They want Australia to become a police state with very few human rights and freedoms.”

If the Gov't cant respect OUR laws they should be charged as Terrorists too!!!!

First of all you do not even understand the definition of terrorism and you are losing no freedoms, again point out what freedom you have lost? THE FREEDOM TO NOT BE IMPRISONED WITHOUT CHARGE, THE RIGHT TO A LAWYER, THE RIGHT TO A LEGAL SYSTEM WITH ACCOUNTABILITY AND OVERSIGHT TO PREVENT ABUSE OF POWER!!!!
You have lost no freedoms, you would only lose temporary freedom based upon a suspicion of a crime, which anyone does if they are suspected of a crime.

I do not hate freedom, (THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP ARGUING AGAINST IT?) I go by what is best for a nation (NO YOU ARE NOT!! AS POSTED MOST OF THE EXPERTS DISAGREE AND BELIEVE THIS IS TERRIBLE LEGISLATION AS IT IS A RUSH JOB AND WAY TOO BROAD) where you are so clueless you failed to see how to counter and deal with danger (AGAIN WHAT ACTUAL DANGER? LESS THAN SHARKS, SO I DON'T SUPPORT GREATER MEASURES AGAINST SHARKS, SO WHY WOULD I SUPPORT GREATER MEASURES AGAINST SOMETHING THAT IS LESS OF A THREAT?) , you seemed to constantly live in some fantasy world and not the reality as Victor has pointed out.
So basically your racist view on Britain's, which is racist because now you are claiming there is such a thing as races, of which biologically there is not, which is even more daft being the view my Mother is Irish and my late father Sicilian, showing how even more stupid you really are. No one nationality is genetically pre-disposed to hate (the Englishmen thing is a joke, you know cause you're racist Telling Zack you know what he thinks because he is a Muslim  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes .. I know it is YOU PERSONALLY that HATES freedom and wants to submit to ISIS and do exactly what they want you freedom hating terrorist loving COWARD), which is the same absurd argument used upon blacks with criminality. AND EXACTLY what YOU JUST SAID TO ZACK ABOUT Muslims RETARD Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You really are one clueless cardboard cutout to be honest.
LOLZ `the is the most ridiculous insult to use against me. YOU are a cardboard cut out of an educated fool that takes everything they are told at face value cannot actually empathise with the position of others or consider other perspectives.. you are also the typical Atheist So sure of your self you may as well be following a religion because SCIENTISTS far smarter than you or me still pose questions.. is the bible true? NO does that mean there is nothing Probably not....
How did LIFE start and what is the difference between a a single cell organism and speck of dust with the same chemical composition? are still some of questions science has no answer to.

Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders - Page 3 E79e8aa3ddad763e118f8b785b3943ce

Also what is the point of Making new laws when the Gov't is BREAKING EXISTING ONES!!!!!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:27 am

Australia's firesale on internet privacy, journalists and whistleblowers

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it...even if that past was five fucking minutes ago.

You know that past, the gross breaches of privacy by the NSA, global erosion of independent journalism and continued punishment of whistleblowers that have happened recently. That sort of stuff.

Because if you knew of those recent events, you would know it is maybe not the best idea to give ASIO a blank cheque for surveillance, including:

* The power to monitor entire networks based on one warrant (ps the internet? It's a network - this means the entire Australian internet could be monitored with just one warrant)
* Offer people no form of legal redress or protection
* Prevent writing on national security matters and offer no exemptions making journalists, whistleblowers or basically anyone exposed.

Attorney-General George "Bigot" Brandis describes the legislation as "urgent" and almost all senators have agreed with him except for Scott Ludlum and David Leyonhjelm.

This is a massive reduction in rights and exposure to unprecedented levels of surveillance and threat...from a government that doesn't want to debate it and an opposition that won't oppose it. This is also what happens when you rush legislation in a state of fear - the fear of a terrorist attack.

Will these new powers help us prevent terrorist attacks? According to the US experience, probably not. One study suggests the NSA's expanded powers in the US only resulted in 4 potential investigations out of 225 cases. What worked? Talking face to face with informants, families, communities other agencies work - so, basically, what they do now.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:35 am

Fuck me you really are one fucked up unhinged loony, to now claim it is racist to question religious views, where I made no reference to race and ethnicity.
The point on sharks is moot because we use preventative measures against them also, what you are so ignorant on is based upon the fact if something is a threat, where clearly unhinged loons like Isis and yourself are a threat to society.

It is also illogical to claim I love terrorism, when I stand against terrorism, from extremists, being as I back measures against them and clearly you need to get some professional help because you are one batty lunatic, which thankfully most people just are glad you are just an ignorant child shrieking behind your PC.

Suggest you run along child

Bye

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:58 am

Didge wrote:Fuck me you really are one fucked up unhinged loony, to now claim it is racist to question religious views, where I made no reference to race and ethnicity. NO it is racist to tell someone you're 100% certain what they Believe because of their religion DICKHEAD
You are a twat of the highest order to say that

The point on sharks is moot because we use preventative measures against them also WE ALREADY HAVE PREVENTATIVE AGAINST TERRORIST YOU MAKE IS SOUND LIKE WE HAVE NOTHING WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE BODY SCANNER AND ALL SORT OF LAWS THAT HAVE SO FAR PROVED SUFFICIENT TO PREVENT ALL DEATHS FROM TERRORISTS IN AUSTRALIA. IN FACT WE HAVE FAR MORE PREVENTIVES AGAINST TERRORIST THAT SHARKS AND SHARKS HAVE KILL MORE PEOPLE!!! , what you are so ignorant on is based upon the fact if something is a threat, where clearly unhinged loons like Isis and yourself are a threat to society COWARDS LIKE YOU SELF THAT CLEARLY CANNOT THINK OR COUNT ARE A GREATER THREAT.

It is also illogical to claim I love terrorism, NO, YOU ARE SAYING DO EXACTLY WHAT ISIS WANT LIVE IN FEAR AND LET YOU RIGHTS BE TRAMPLED EXACTLY AS ISIS WANT when I stand against terrorism,YOU ARE AN EXTREMIST YOU EXTREMELY HATE FREEDOM you are basically a terrorist that believe everyone must live in fearfrom extremists Oh you qualify it so you call with Gov't terrorism Rolling Eyes , being as I back measures against them NO YOU BLINDLY FOLLOW A GOV'T PROMOTION IN THE FACE OF VERY RESPECTED TERROR EXPERTS SAYING THE EXACT OPPOSITE, YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NOT READ BEYOND THE HEAD LINEand clearly you need to get some professional help because you are one batty lunatic, which thankfully most people just are glad you are just an ignorant child shrieking behind your PC.

Suggest you run along child
LOL don't Like the fact I showed you a mirror hey  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Bye

CAUSE THIS IS 100% true
YOU are a cardboard cut out of an educated fool that takes everything they are told at face value cannot actually empathise with the position of others or consider other perspectives.. you are also the typical Atheist So sure of your self you may as well be following a religion
I'll add to that you apparently Are VERY bad a maths, cant count and Don't actually think about anything, you are basically as intelligent as a parrot....

Last edited by veya_victaous on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:57 am

because some fully grown men are Cowards
little girls have to grow up in  world like this

Because you let terrorist win If you let THEM choose the way we live OUR lives

TSA Makes A Little Girl In A Wheelchair Cry

Nathan and Annie Forck were travelling to Disney World with their three children for a family vacation. The couple’s three-year-old daughter Lucy has Spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair.

The family had no problems passing through the TSA security checkpoint, but an agent stopped them on their way to the gate, saying that Lucy needed to go through an additional screening process. When the Forcks questioned the TSA agent, he said that they needed to pat down Lucy and swab her wheelchair.

“They specifically told me that they were singling her out for this special treatment because she’s in a wheelchair,” Nathan Forck told Fox News. “They are specifically singling out disabled people for this special scrutiny. It’s rather offensive to me as a father of a disabled child.”

When the agent confiscated the three-year-old’s stuffed animal, a fluffy sheep named “Lamby,” Annie Forck whipped out her phone and began filming a video of the exchange.

“You can’t touch my daughter unless I record it,” Annie Forck can be heard saying.

“It’s illegal to do that,” the agent replied.  (IT IS NOT ILLEGAL JUST ANOTHER CASE OF AUTHORITIES BEING LYING PIECES OF SHIT)

“The problem is, I don’t allow anyone to touch my little daughter,” Annie Forck countered. When she refused to turn off her phone, a group of TSA agents were called over to surround the family and “guard” the increasingly distraught Lucy.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:40 am

Australia foils Islamic State terror plot to commit Lee Rigby-style murders - Page 3 ByXeee0CUAAAEXG
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:21 pm

erm...veya.....what makes you think they aint already doing most of that???? At least as far as the surveillance is concerned???

And ANYONE who shares anything the least bit "sensitive "via the net must be either a "net virgin" or terminally stupid.

also anyone who merely encrypts stuff they send and dont want reading is deffo terminally stupid..
far better to encypher...done right thats a)totally non-obvious
and B) absolutely secure and unbreakable.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:40 am

the change is that Internet Service Provider will have to store it all for 2 years
currently they don't as it will slow our internet down and it cost quite a bit of money.

The Stuff about jailing Journalists and making ASIO immune from liability is more concerning.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3