NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.

4 posters

Go down

If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Empty If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Who hasn't cheered when school has been cancelled due to a smattering of snow, or inadequate heating or air conditioning?
And who hasn't moaned when their alarm goes off in the morning and whinged when their parents come to haul them out of bed?
These pictures however, show a very different perspective on school life. For many children, it is a privilege to go to school, and so they'll battle through hell and high waters to get there.

• China
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181374_freeRex
    Children climb tall unsecured ladders to scale a mountain to get to school in Sangzhi County, Hunan province, China

• West Bank
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181348_freeIlia Yefimovich via Getty Images
    Pupils with their donkeys after a day of lessons at a Palestinian Bedouin of Jahaline tribe school in the area of E1, not far from the settlement of Maale Adumim, in Wadi Abu Hindi, West Bank. The school, the largest for Bedouins in the area of E1 teaches 190 children from tribes around the area. Some of the pupils are unable to walk to school because of the long distances involved and no road infrastructure, and are forced to use donkeys.

• China
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181378_freeRex
    Children navigate dangerous mountain footpath to get to school, Bijie, Guizhou Province, China

• Afghanistan
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181354_freeAFP via Getty Images
    Afghan children walk to school in Kabul. Afghanistan has had only rare moments of peace over the past 30 years, its education system being undermined by the Soviet invasion of 1979, a civil war in the 1990s and five years of Taliban rule.

• China
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181324_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Children wearing masks walk home after school in Beijing, China. Air pollution kills about 7 million people worldwide every year according to a new report from the World Health Organization. The agency said air pollution triggers about 1 in 8 deaths and has now become the single biggest environmental health risk, ahead of other dangers like second-hand smoke.

• India
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181322_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    School children walk past a cucumber seller's push cart as it rains in Hyderabad, India. Heavy rainfall hit the city, leading to water logging in the streets.

• Syria
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181320_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Syrian refugee children walk between their tents on their way to a makeshift school at their refugee encampment in the Lebanese-Syrian border town of Majdal Anjar, eastern Bekaa valley, Lebanon. More than 2 million of those who should be in school remain in Syria, where classrooms have been bombed, used as shelters or turned into military barracks. Another 300,000 Syrian children don'€™t attend school in Lebanon, along with some 93,000 in Jordan, 78,000 in Turkey, 26,000 in Iraq and 4,000 in Egypt, UNICEF officials in Geneva said. Those numbers likely are higher, as UNICEF can't count the children whose parents didn'€™t register with the United Nations refugee agency.

• Nigeria
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181318_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    School children walk in the street in the Obalende area of Lagos, Nigeria. About 30 million primary school-aged children in sub-Saharan Africa are not in class, partially because of conflict and poverty, and progress to get them back to school has stalled, two U.N. agencies said. The situation is especially dire in West and Central Africa, which has the largest proportion of children out of school of any region in the world, said a pair of reports published by UNICEF, the U.N. children's agency, and the statistics arm of UNESCO, the U.N. cultural and education agency.

• Guatemala
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181314_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Students walk under the rain after school, at the community of San Jose Las Flores, in the northern Cuchumatanes mountains of Guatemala. In this small community Gilberto Francisco Ramos Juarez was born, a Guatemalan boy whose decomposed body was found in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. The number of unaccompanied immigrant children picked up along the border has been rising for three years as they flee pervasive gang violence in Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. More recently, children and parents have said they heard children traveling alone and parents traveling with young kids would be released by authorities and allowed to continue to their destination.

• Chicago
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181312_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Shamika Bennett and her daughter Dasia Bennett walk a safe passage route along 63rd Street on Dasia's first day of kindergarten Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2014, in Chicago. Chicago children returned to school Tuesday walking past even more guards than last year, when concerns about safety prompted the city to line the streets with 1,200 adults every day.

• India
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181310_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Indian student Aruna Bariya, 14, centre, and her friends walk to cross the Heran River to get to their school located on the other side, at Sajanpura village in Chhota Udepur district of Gujarat state, India. The absence of a bridge over the Heran River leaves Aruna and 60 other children with no choice but to swim about 15 meters (50 feet) across the shoulder-deep waters to reach the other side of the river in the district, where their high school is located. The students say the swim is worth it for an education that can help lift them out of poverty in India, where at least 700 million people are living on less than $1.25 a day.

• Gaza Strip
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181306_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    A displaced Palestinian woman carries her child as she walks in the yard of the U.N. school where her family sought refuge during the war, in Beit Lahiya, in the northern Gaza Strip. Tens of thousands of Palestinians have been displaced in the Israel-Hamas war that began July 8, at least 10,000 housing units have been destroyed and many have found refuge at U.N. schools turned into shelters.

• China
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181326_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Children walk back home after school on a severely polluted day in Shijiazhuang, in northern China's Hebei province. Global warming is triggered by heat-trapping gases, such as carbon dioxide, that stay in the atmosphere for a century. Much of the gases still in the air and trapping heat came from the United States and other industrial nations. China is now by far the No. 1 carbon dioxide polluter.

• South Africa
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181328_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Children walk back from school as they pass a police car parked under the tree outside the Lonmin's platinum mine in Marikana near Rustenburg, South Africa.

• Pennsylvania
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181330_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    A woman and child walk together in the snow in Morrisville, Pa. The winter storm hitting Pennsylvania has prompted school closures, lower speed limits and airport delays.

• Gaza City
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181334_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Masked Palestinian members of the Ezz Al-Din Al Qassam militia, the military wing of Hamas, walk past school children as they march along a street of Gaza City.

• Myanmar
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181336_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    Muslim children of Lay Maing village carrying donated blue school bags walk to school in Maungdaw, Rakhine state, Myanmar. In this one corner of the country that is Muslim majority, they are among the lucky ones. Tens of thousands born out of wedlock are not recognized by Buddhist authorities and don't have access to education at all.

• Cambodia
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181338_freeASSOCIATED PRESS
    A school girl wears a helmet as she walks home with her friend in Vorsar village, some 40 kilometers (25 miles) west of Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Teachers said more than 600 school children of Vorsar primary school wear helmets to protect themselves from road accidents. According to an official report by Interior Ministry, road accidents have killed at least 540 people in Cambodia in the first three months of 2013.

• South Africa
    If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Slide_366722_4181342_freeGallo Images via Getty Images
    A women walks past a make-shift fire while taking her son to school in the early hours of the morning on June 5, 2014 in Alexandra Township, in Johannesburg, South Africa. Residents, including women and children, in 1st Avenue, Alexandra were evicted on June 4, 2014 from industrial stands and spent the night in the street, taverns and neighbouring shacks with their belongings as a cold front approaches Gauteng. Accusations were levelled that the eviction was a 2011 eviction order for an individual and executed without notice and despite a magistrate's court order ruling a stay of eviction for 30 days. Residents accused a court official of using DA connections involving the eviction and also complained of theft, vandalism and intimidation from members of the red ants.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/08/incredible-students-journeys-to-school-pictures_n_5783156.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Empty Re: If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.

Post by eddie Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 pm

What an incredible set of pictures!! Truly humbling.

Our children over here moan and feel under-privileged if they have the wrong trainers.

Thanks for that didge. Will be showing this to my son next time he moans about wearing a bloody blazer!(tomorrow morning)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Empty Re: If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 pm

eddie wrote:What an incredible set of pictures!! Truly humbling.

Our children over here moan and feel under-privileged if they have the wrong trainers.

Thanks for that didge. Will be showing this to my son next time he moans about wearing a bloody blazer!(tomorrow morning)

Hi Eddie

That first picture just made me go WTF. It really does make you sit up and think how lucky we are here in Britain.
Let me know what he thinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Didge wrote:

Hi Eddie

That first picture just made me go WTF. It really does make you sit up and think how lucky we are here in Britain.
Let me know what he thinks.

He's a sensitive child so it will touch him, for sure.
But he's thirteen, so it'll only affect him for about ten minutes I'm afraid lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Interesting fact -- "school" comes from an Ancient Greek word meaning "leisure time." It was considered a far more pleasant way to spend your time than what was pretty much the only alternative -- breaking your back working in the field Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:51 pm

amazing pictures
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Interesting fact -- "school" comes from an Ancient Greek word meaning "leisure time." It was considered a far more pleasant way to spend your time than what was pretty much the only alternative -- breaking your back working in the field Smile

Now that is some thing hit my son over the head with lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:29 am

Ah yes I have one of those!
I don't like my blazer and Im not wearing it
If they make me carry it and I lose it its their fault

What, what?! :asbluras:

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Nems wrote:

Sounds like some of the logic you hear on the I-net. lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nems wrote:

Sounds like some of the logic you hear on the I-net.  lol!

That's true enough !

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Nems wrote:

YES and don't you just love the fact you've spent all that money on a blazer and it's quite often screwed up in a bag??? Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

YES and don't you just love the fact you've spent all that money on a blazer and it's quite often screwed up in a bag??? Evil or Very Mad

Always appreciated that one!
£45 a blazer I had to pay! I told them, lose it and Im selling you back to the circus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

£45 a blazer I had to pay! I told them, lose it and Im selling you back to the circus

"Back" to the circus????? If your kids moan about having to go to school, show them this.  Clown_11

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Poor boy! Shocked

Hmmmm. How much you,reckon I'd get for a singing two year old.....? Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down