NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever

2 posters

Go down

This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever Empty This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 6:57 pm

This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever 212

This month, Mike Rossi, a Philadelphia father, pulled his two kids out of school for a couple days so they could watch him run the Boston Marathon. The school had different thoughts though. They called it an “inexcusable absence,” apparently thinking that they get to have the final say in family vacations. Above is picture of the letter they received.
This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever B550n-rossi-possi-2
Naturally, Mike had some things to say. This was his response:

Dear Madam Principal,

While I appreciate your concern for our children’s education, I can promise you they learned as much in the five days we were in Boston as they would in an entire year in school.
Our children had a once-in-a-lifetime experience, one that can’t be duplicated in a classroom or read in a book.

In the 3 days of school they missed (which consisted of standardized testing that they could take any time) they learned about dedication, commitment, love, perseverance, overcoming adversity, civic pride, patriotism, American history culinary arts and physical education.
They watched their father overcome, injury, bad weather, the death of a loved one and many other obstacles to achieve an important personal goal.

They also experienced first-hand the love and support of thousands of others cheering on people with a common goal.

At the marathon, they watched blind runners, runners with prosthetic limbs and debilitating diseases and people running to raise money for great causes run in the most prestigious and historic marathon in the world.

They also paid tribute to the victims of a senseless act of terrorism and learned that no matter what evil may occur, terrorists can not deter the American spirit.
These are things they won’t ever truly learn in the classroom.

In addition our children walked the Freedom Trail, visited the site of the Boston Tea Party, the Boston Massacre and the graves of several signers of the Declaration of Independence.
These are things they WILL learn in school a year or more from now. So in actuality our children are ahead of the game.

They also visited an aquarium, sampled great cuisine and spent many hours of physical activity walking and swimming.

We appreciate the efforts of the wonderful teachers and staff and cherish the education they are receiving at Rydal Elementary School. We truly love our school.
But I wouldn’t hesitate to pull them out of school again for an experience like the one they had this past week.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Michael Rossi

Father

http://higherperspectives.com/mike-rossi/

Back to top Go down

This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever Empty Re: This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:05 pm

He should have asked for permission to take them out of school.

I hope they fine him next time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever Empty Re: This Father’s Response To School About Kids’ Absence Is The Best Reply Ever

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Really?

I think in this instance he has a valid reason, mainly because he cannot change the time of the year when the Marathon is run. So there should be exceptions to the rule, and he has a valid reason.
Most positive people would view this the same, only those with such negativity would say otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Nemesis wrote:Really?

I think in this instance he has a valid reason, mainly because he cannot change the time of the year when the Marathon is run. So there should be exceptions to the rule, and he has a valid reason.
Most positive people would view this the same, only those with such negativity would say otherwise.

He should still have asked. It's rude to just not turn up at school.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Really?

It says "recorded as unexcused", which means the school could well have known, even more so it states they were on  family vacation in the school's letter. All that is putting on the record is they did not excuse them time off

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:23 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It says "recorded as unexcused", which means the school could well have known, even more so it states they were on  family vacation in the school's letter. All that is putting on the record is they did not excuse them time off

Perhaps the school was told after the event. The words "I understand" suggest that permission was not sought.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Anyway, it's just another smartarse seeking attention on the internet. I don't suppose the school put the letters on there.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Perhaps the school was told after the event. The words "I understand" suggest that permission was not sought.

Possible, but the word unexcused tends to lean towards the view they were informed.
As why put recorded as unexcused without knowing the cause of absence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He should have asked for permission to take them out of school.

I hope they fine him next time.

I think the opposite and that stories like this are worthy of being told

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Possible, but the word unexcused tends to lean towards the view they were informed.

It means they didn't have permission to take the children out of school.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Yes I just pointed that out to you, they did not have permission, by permission, meaning the school knew and hence refused permission

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 09, 2015 7:34 pm

I think the experiences they had with their father were invaluable.

They are only small and missing five days is hardly going to make a huge difference.

I would imagine the letter was standard procedure for any unauthorised absence. He should've sent a latter, similar to the one he wrote, and simply asked for them to be allowed absence.
Schools would rarely say no

I think they just were a little miffed that they weren't informed.

Good for him though and for the kids having such a valued memory.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes I just pointed that out to you, they did not have permission, by permission, meaning the school knew and hence refused permission

It could also mean that they didn't ask for permission.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

At what point did you not understand where I already stated that this was also possible?
Seriously?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

At what point did you not understand where I already stated that this was also possible?
Seriously?

Seriously, does it matter?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Seriously?

When I have to repeat what I have already stated, yes.
If you had read my post properly you would not have needed to ask again.
In other words we are now further wasting time on irrelevant posts to each other

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

In other words we are now further wasting time on irrelevant posts to each other

Perhaps if your posts were less pompous and more straightforward, there would be less confusion.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Perhaps if your posts were less pompous and more straightforward, there would be less confusion.

Another poor excuse, it matters little how you think of me as a person, the answer had been given and now you are just giving lame excuses for you failure to see I had answered already.
You really are one native individual, which screams out many things about you as a person.
Anyway you are boring me now, so try to have a nice evening, you maybe surprised and actually have one

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Another poor excuse, it matters little how you think of me as a person, the answer had been given and now you are just giving lame excuses for you failure to see I had answered already.
You really are one native individual, which screams out many things about you as a person.
Anyway you are boring me now, so try to have a nice evening, you maybe surprised and actually have one

Enjoy

Stop talking shite.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 7:55 pm

eddie wrote:I think the experiences they had with their father were invaluable.

They are only small and missing five days is hardly going to make a huge difference.

I would imagine the letter was standard procedure for any unauthorised absence. He should've sent a latter, similar to the one he wrote, and simply asked for them to be allowed absence.
Schools would rarely say no

I think they just were a little miffed that they weren't informed.

Good for him though and for the kids having such a valued memory.

Hi eddie

I agree they were very valuable and like I say schools should be able to make exceptions like this.

Catch you later, have a lovely evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 09, 2015 7:56 pm

Why put the letter and reply on the internet?

I don't know why some people are so up themselves.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down