NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

+6
Cass
David
Tommy Monk
Lone Wolf
Original Quill
veya_victaous
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi Empty Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:34 am

AN Arizona shooting instructor was accidentally shot and killed while showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an automatic Uzi, authorities said.

Charles Vacca, 39, of Lake Havasu City, Arizona, died on Monday shortly after being airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Mohave County sheriff’s officials said.

Vacca was standing next to the girl at the Last Stop outdoor shooting range in White Hills when she pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head, investigators said.

http://www.news.com.au/world/girl-nine-accidentally-kills-shooting-instructor-with-uzi-at-arizona-shooting-range/story-fndir2ev-1227038261240
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi Empty Re: Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:35 am

why was he teaching a 9 year old to use an Uzi???
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi Empty Re: Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 am

I don't know. But the little girl is culling the herd...culling the herd.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:17 pm

If this twat had also kept hold of The weapon while the girl was firing it then he would still be alive....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:44 pm

A 9 year old should not be in a shooting range bloody hell!
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:52 pm

David wrote:A 9 year old should not be in a shooting range bloody hell!
that depends on the weapon David.....

if you said that a 9 year old should not be handling automatic weapons then I would agree

but pray whats wrong with me teaching my 9YO grand son how to use a .410 at a clay shoot range, under either my own supervision or that of a competant instructor....

teach em young the safe way and respect for the gun and they will always be a safe shot

you would think nothing of me teaching him to drive a vehicle on private land.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:55 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

if you said that a 9 year old should not be handling automatic weapons then I would agree

but pray whats wrong with me teaching my 9YO grand son how to use a .410 at a clay shoot range, under either my own supervision or that of a competant instructor....

teach em young the safe way and respect for the gun and they will always be a safe shot

you would think nothing of me teaching him to drive a vehicle on private land.....

Does he need to practice with live ammunition to learn to shoot?
Have no issue with you teaching your own child to shoot, but with the risks involved accidents do happen, where a child is not exactly of that age having the ability to handle such a powerful weapon. Thus you decrease the risk factors do you not?
Plus 9 year olds are not allowed to drive cars on the main road

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

Victor, this was an automatic Uzi not clay pigeon shooting ... Rolling Eyes
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm

David wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Victor, this was an automatic Uzi not clay pigeon shooting ... Rolling Eyes

I did make that point david... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Didge wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

ummm...er...yes....its a bit difficult to know if you are actually hitting the clay unless you actually hit it

Have no issue with you teaching your own child to shoot, but with the risks involved accidents do happen, where a child is not exactly of that age having the ability to handle such a powerful weapon. Thus you decrease the risk factors do you not?

again...i did make that point didge.... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:45 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Didge wrote:

ummm...er...yes....its a bit difficult to know if you are actually hitting the clay unless you actually hit it

again...i did make that point didge.... Rolling Eyes

I said to learn to shoot, using live ammunition is not what I would back for a 9 year old to do, being again as they are not physically strong enough yet, to me you start off with smaller firearms, then they build up to shotguns when older, but that is just my view

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Didge wrote:

I said to learn to shoot, using live ammunition is not what I would back for a 9 year old to do, being again as they are not physically strong enough yet, to me you start off with smaller firearms, then they build up to shotguns when older, but that is just my view

ever fired a .410?  with 14gram cartridges....hardly what you would call much recoil.....and of course it does depend on the physical build of the child.....obviously you wouldnt try it with an elf thin waif  ....It is very much a careful judgement call didge, both as to the physical build of the kid AND his/her mental capacity/maturity.....its not a blanket policy I would follow "just because I can"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing   SOME news reports yesterday were describing an Uzi as a "high powered" weapon !!!

I DON'T know why ignorant radio/TV copywriters have to embellish and exaggerate on subjects they basically know nothing about..

AN Uzi machine pistol or sub-machine gun normally fires a 9 mm round ~ not exactly "high powered".  They are also only short range weapons (between 100 down to only 30 metres, depending on the models..).

Their advantages are as a close combat and personal defence weapon, with a rapid rate of fire, light to handle and easy to maintain.

THE problem for the first-timers with a lot of machine pistols and sub-machine guns has nothing to do with "power" or any imagined "kickback" ~ and everything to do with the way that the gun rotates up-and-out in a crazy spiral pattern during firing..

SHOOTING instructors are supposed to be aware of this characteristic, and should both be preparing the shooter for the gun's behaviour, and standing behind them when they fire. (I suspect that irregardless of how experienced that instructor was, that this is yet another case of "familiarity breeding contempt" with a "cowboy" operator..) ?

AND no way would I be handing such a fundamentally unstable and tricky weapon to a 9 year old - you would expect a certain amount of bodyweight and upper body strength to hold rapid-fire and automatic weapons roughly on the target ?   ::rambo::

agreed 100% Bee......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Twisted Evil   "Darwinism in action !"

THIS kind of recent lunacy in Arizona, Colorado and Florida only goes to reinforce that well-worn observation that the USA is more often like a federation of 50 separate and individual little countries ~ rather than one big Union..

AND where those looney toon states like Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, New Mexico and Tennessee aren't only off on their own planets ~ but way out in their own little collective punyverse...

::rambo::

P.S.  ONE of the first things they teach in the Australian Army and Reserves, is that "there is no such thing as an 'accidental' shooting."   Any discharge of a weapon is either deliberate - or the result of carelessness, ignorance or over-familiarity..  NONE of which constitutes an actual "accident"...

That was my first thought Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:45 am

I've fired a .44Magnum, a 9mm Sauer, and a 12 bore pump action.

The kick on the magnum was ferocious.... had to keep elbow bent slightly to prevent arm damage and then push left or right against recoil to avoid being smacked in The face....

Great fun.... all legal I might add and under supervision of owner and trained professional in approved private range.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:57 am

9 year old have no reason WHATSOEVER to be near automatic weapons let alone firing one.

her parents are criminally stupid. She is now going to have to live with this tragedy for the rest of her life through no fault of her own.

this really really makes me sick.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 am

Cass wrote:9 year old have no reason WHATSOEVER to be near automatic weapons let alone firing one.

her parents are criminally stupid. She is now going to have to live with this tragedy for the rest of her life through no fault of her own.

Talking sense as usual, Cass. There's no need for most anyone to know how to use an Uzi, let alone a young child.

The problem with American gun enthusiasts is that they're reacting so strongly against the non-existent "threats to gun rights" that many of them have gone full-stop loony tunes. It is indeed the new American religion:

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi Tumblr-m4vmbwhqhh1rw5dlyo1-1280

Now what's wrong with this picture?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:32 am

It probably damns me to some form of hell but my first reaction was to snort and consider nominating the parents and the instructor for a Darwin award.

I don't see why a little girl is learning to shoot automatics. While I feel bad for the kid I really don't feel that much sympathy for the instructor. Granted I haven't fired any thing more powerful than an air rifle so my experiences are really limited but I assume that for a kid there would be a problem holding a gun that continuously fires. The instructor should have been aware and probably should have take some precautions or done some sort of strength test to make sure she could management.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Most auto's on full automatic tend climb upwards and,according to the strength of the shooter may also swing sideways.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:9 year old have no reason WHATSOEVER to be near automatic weapons let alone firing one.

Talking sense as usual, Cass. There's no need for most anyone to know how to use an Uzi, let alone a young child.

The problem with American gun enthusiasts is that they're reacting so strongly against the non-existent "threats to gun rights" that many of them have gone full-stop loony tunes. It is indeed the new American religion:

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi Tumblr-m4vmbwhqhh1rw5dlyo1-1280

Nothing...its a suitable foil for ISIS tongue Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."
Samuel Johnson.

Smile
which is why the west is going to hell in a hand cart of course
and why we have extremists on our streets and jihdi's back here plotting.......

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:42 pm

How many on here are Patriots, I am!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Haha...It's ironic, but I like to think I am the only one. Well, maybe one of a few.

But my notion of patriotism, and some beer-gutted, cracker, Tea Partier's notion of patriotism, are vastly different. Like I say, I want them rounded up and shipped off to Paraguay, in some fenced-in compound in the back lot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:21 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Wrong -- the photo has a gun on top of a religious book that is supposed to be about love, nurturing and forgiveness, backdropped by a legal document that has nothing to do with religion. And it has a double exclamation point, which should only be used when being silly ... so maybe it's a parody Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Wrong -- the photo has a gun on top of a religious book that is supposed to be about love, nurturing and forgiveness,

but in actual point of fact is stuffed full of genocide, murder, sexual violence, approval of slavery and much more.....

backdropped by a legal document that has nothing to do with religion.

but provides the reason for the barmy firearms laws you have.....

And it has a double exclamation point, which should only be used when being silly ... so maybe it's a parody Smile

maybe it is, but parody always has its roots in actuality...so what does it say about American society?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:44 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737205/Gun-girls-America-Innocent-faces-Pink-rifles-After-horrific-shooting-9-year-old-children-grip-nation-s-troubling-obsession.html

USA is Completely Fucked in the Head they give these MORON guns
how about giving these Girls a Basic EDUCATION!!!!
as all 3 feel they need Guns For Make Believe of Impossible reason... That Their parents probably also give the same reason why they need their guns
Parent should be in jail not for giving them guns but for denying them basic education.

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi 1409262932543_wps_11_MY_FIRST_RIFLE_PORTRAITS_
Lily, 6, from Louisiana, told photographer An-Sofie Kesteleyn that she was afraid of zombies

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi 1409262735725_wps_7_MY_FIRST_RIFLE_PORTRAITS_
Mackenzie, 8, wants her rifle to keep her safe from the devil according to a questionnaire she completed

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi 1409262719252_wps_5_MY_FIRST_RIFLE_PORTRAITS_
Eight-year-old Abbey from Ohio wants her .22 caliber rifle in case she ever has to deal with a dinosaur

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:21 am

Agree with Nems, Wolf and Fox- my thoughts were natural selection in action. I find America's gun obsessed half dumb to begin with but anyone teaching kids to shoot weapons like this is vermin (vic I do not hold the same for your clay shooting, though still question the need at such a young age), the world could do with losing a few more such people.

Veya, those statements are a tragic statement about the hideous ignorance of large pockets of America Sad
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737205/Gun-girls-America-Innocent-faces-Pink-rifles-After-horrific-shooting-9-year-old-children-grip-nation-s-troubling-obsession.html

USA is Completely Fucked in the Head they give these MORON guns
how about giving these Girls a Basic EDUCATION!!!!
as all 3 feel they need Guns For Make Believe of Impossible reason... That Their parents probably also give the same reason why they need their guns
Parent should be in jail not for giving them guns but for denying them basic education.

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi 1409262932543_wps_11_MY_FIRST_RIFLE_PORTRAITS_
Lily, 6, from Louisiana, told photographer An-Sofie Kesteleyn that she was afraid of zombies

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi 1409262735725_wps_7_MY_FIRST_RIFLE_PORTRAITS_
Mackenzie, 8, wants her rifle to keep her safe from the devil according to a questionnaire she completed

Arizona shooting instructor was shot and killed showing a nine-year-old girl how to use an Uzi 1409262719252_wps_5_MY_FIRST_RIFLE_PORTRAITS_
Eight-year-old Abbey from Ohio wants her .22 caliber rifle in case she ever has to deal with a dinosaur

Zombies, the devil, and dinosaurs... I get the feeling that Halloween in those neighborhoods involve a lot of manslaughter charges
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:ALL such parents as their's should be jailed for child abuse ~ and then given electric shock treatment to stop them repeating their offences (preferably with the electrodes on their nipples and genitals as well as their temples..).

Shhh...you wanna be arrested for contemplating the nipples and genitals of under-aged little girls?

Veya...brilliant post.  Yep, just imagine the sheit that is being pumped into the heads of these kids, and their little minds trying to make sense of it all: Zombies, the devil, and dinosaurs...  Oh well, maybe black people will do for the time being.

Definitely malpractice parenting.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:52 pm

anyone else notice girl #2 is wearing a peace symbol????

sick sick sick
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Hang on a minute, this is getting a wee tad out of place here basing pictures of girls with toy guns when nobody would even say a thing about boys playing soldiers posing with toy guns.
I totally agree with the view point about children for a start not being able to manage to fire such real weaponry and even more so using live ammunition, but to base view points on children who play war in the most playful manner is poor to say the least and many children train in the arts of shooting as a sport not a method to kill people, be it from archery to any form of skill shooting.

Too base the two as the same, when I grew up, from a military family, being as my father served for years and I remember fondly shooting air rifles and playing with my toy soldiers recanting war, does not mean child abuse. I totally condemn the fact children being allowed to use live ammunition, I see no wrong though in teaching children sports like shooting. Once the English had a national law to enable to have the best archers in Europe with the long bow, is why we beat the French so many times.

Lets keep this in perspective please, yes she should not be using such powerful weaponry, but then turn this onto child abuse based around sporting interests. Again I do not find using an UZI as a sport, but some of the posts here are way off the charts from the associations being made

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:35 pm

sorry didge I disagree....I would be upset if I saw boys this age with real working guns like these girls have.

and look at their responses : the devil, dinosaurs and zombies????? If they are still at an age to believe in fantasy creatures then they should most definetley NOT have access to real working weapons.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Cass wrote:sorry didge I disagree....I would be upset if I saw boys this age with real working guns like these girls have.

and look at their responses : the devil, dinosaurs and zombies????? If they are still at an age to believe in fantasy creatures then they should most definetley NOT have access to real working weapons.

Who said anything about real guns Cass?
The pictures posted were toy guns, that is an air rifle in pink, though to me all toys, not real guns, so lets keep this in perspective.
If I am wrong and our real, will say it is wrong, as no child should play with real weapons unless it is for sport, but they do not look real to me when they look like made out of plastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:sorry didge I disagree....I would be upset if I saw boys this age with real working guns like these girls have.

The pictures posted were toy guns, that is an air rifle in pink, though to me all toys, not real guns, so lets keep this in perspective.
If I am wrong and our real, will say it is wrong, as no child should play with real weapons unless it is for sport, but they do not look real to me when they look like made out of plastic.

they are real didge .22 calibre rifles

and marketed in pink to specifically appeal to little girks

sick and twisted
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

sick and twisted

Sorry disagree if for sport.

If they were holding a bow and arrow or crossbow and were state junior champions and posed holding the weapons would you state sick and twisted?
If posing for the fun of killing I would agree with you.
I would also agree if with posing with intent to cause harm to others like where we see children wearing fake suicide chests that only Victor and I commented on and none of you made one peep about, which is worse?
So lets say again about perspective, not one of you commented about that picture I showed with children holding real weapons and fake suicide chest, but children who may be interested in sports fanatics and we see such hypocrisy?
Sorry I really hate such hypocrisy, where none condemn one thing but never check to see if this is just a sport where some kids just enjoy shooting. If they like to kill, I would agree, but shooting for sport is not barbaric

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:54 pm

ok didge stop it. I did not see the picture you are referencing so please stop calling me a hypocrite. if I had I would've said the exact same thing - sick and twisted.

I don't like crossbows anymore than guns. or bows and arrows in the hands of children especially when they say they want protection from fictional characters.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Cass wrote:ok didge stop it. I did not see the picture you are referencing so please stop calling me a hypocrite. if I had I would've said the exact same thing - sick and twisted.

I don't like crossbows anymore than guns. or bows and arrows in the hands of children especially when they say they want protection from fictional characters.

Stop what?
This is a debate cass and you are taking personal, which is not meant to be but a discussion, where to me sporting shooting events is not barbaric, because you are then implying they like to kill which is poor to view, when they might just enjoy the sport of shooting, which there is a huge difference, can you not see that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:58 pm

They are real, though cheap firearms.  That is a bolt-action .22 in each case.  You don't have a bolt on an air rifle.

And they are functioning.  Look how the bolt is up in pictures 2 and 3.  I can tell you as an American, this is the kind of thing that gun lovers would do.  They probably bought those firearms to "share" with the children.  And these are the first pictures, on their birthday or whenever.

By associating firearms with children you are sending the message that guns are good. Typical NRA stuff. Their reaction to such photographs is a kind of flag-waving.

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:ok didge stop it. I did not see the picture you are referencing so please stop calling me a hypocrite. if I had I would've said the exact same thing - sick and twisted.

Stop what?
This is a debate cass and you are taking personal, which is not meant to be but a discussion, where to me sporting shooting events is not barbaric, because you are then implying they like to kill which is poor to view, when they might just enjoy the sport of shooting, which there is a huge difference, can you not see that?

personal? you stated "and none of you made one peep, which is worse?"

my comments were reflecting the original OP and then the article posted by Veya - not in a discussion about shooting for sports.

thanks.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:They are real, though cheap firearms.  That is a bolt-action .22 in each case.  You don't have a bolt on an air rifle.

And they are functioning.  Look how the bolt is up in pictures 2 and 3.  I can tell you as an American, this is the kind of thing that gun lovers would do.  They probably bought those firearms to "share" with the children.  And these are the first pictures, on their birthday or whenever.

And if they are for sport shooting, what is wrong with that Quill?
So are you saying no child should ever participate in any kind of sporting event that involves any kind of shooting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

Stop what?

personal? you stated "and none of you made one peep,  which is worse?"

my comments were reflecting the original OP and then the article posted by Veya - not in a discussion about shooting for sports.

thanks.

Nobody did make any comments, yet this debate has, so was that directed at you?
No, but you take personal, when the reality is it is not my fault you missed it, but the reality is so many here were silent on, where the intent was plain, to glorify suicide, where I do not place sporting shooting as in any same league, yet here we see people claim barbarity, thus you can see my point on hypoicrisy.
So again I ask you, is sport shooting then wrong for the young and why?
If it is wrong, then why is it we have not seen countless murder from sports shooters?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

sick and twisted

If they were holding a bow and arrow or crossbow and were state junior champions and posed holding the weapons would you state sick and twisted?
I would also agree if with posing with intent to cause harm to others like where we see children wearing fake suicide chests that only Victor and I commented on and none of you made one peep about, which is worse?
So lets say again about perspective, not one of you commented about that picture I showed with children holding real weapons and fake suicide chest, but children who may be interested in sports fanatics and we see such hypocrisy?
Sorry I really hate such hypocrisy, where none condemn one thing but never check to see if this is just a sport where some kids just enjoy shooting. If they like to kill, I would agree, but shooting for sport is not barbaric

I am afraid that I would have the same response to a crossbow or ordinary bow. They are killing instruments.

My objection is to an instrument designed for taking lives. People make the argument about how cars kill so many more, but cars are not manufactured to kill.

But they are also used for hunting and trail use, so I don't condemn them absolutely as so many Europeans do. But care and education, not NRA aggrandizement.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Also how do you know any of the girls not in the pictures, being this is the daily Mail do not sport shoot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

I am afraid that I would have the same response to a crossbow or ordinary bow.  They are killing instruments.

My objection is to an instrument designed for taking lives.  People make the argument about how cars kill so many more, but cars are not manufactured to kill.

But they are also used for hunting and trail use, so I don't condemn them absolutely as so many Europeans do.  But care and education, not NRA aggrandizement.

But many people do not use such weapons to kill, but for the skill of shooting, which is the philosophy of many sports is the skill, so by that logic Quill, no child should participate in any sport which could cause death then, is that what you are saying?
From go cart racing to Horse riding?
I agree cars are not manufactured to kill and I have used this argument, but for many people who just like the sport of being able to shoots, is that wrong?
I am happy that no gun has no live ammunition, is that then still wrong?
Again I stated no child should have live ammunition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Didge wrote:Also how do you know any of the girls not in the pictures, being this is the daily Mail do not sport shoot?

I see the point about sport shooting.  And not to enhance your argument, lol, but a bolt action .22 is the ideal weapon for a varmint shooting when trail riding in Arizona.

Still, I think those photographs were flag-waving for the NRA.  They weren't taken with a cactus in the background.  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next