NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'That's when I expected to be shot' (WARNING: contains graphic image)

Go down

'That's when I expected to be shot' (WARNING: contains graphic image) Empty 'That's when I expected to be shot' (WARNING: contains graphic image)

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 pm

'That's when I expected to be shot' (WARNING: contains graphic image) 5eb9344106cc3dd754028022d1c470ff
Alex Landau after being beaten and hospitalized by police

DENVER -- The parents of Michael Brown told CBS News' Mark Strassmann they'd had a conversation with their son about how to deal with police. They say they told him to respect and obey police officers.

Many parents of black children have had the same talk. But it is not one that Alex Landau's parents thought they needed to have with him.

Landau vividly recalls the night five years ago when a traffic stop on a Denver street ended with an officer's gun at his head.

"I could see the metal. I could see the officer's hand gripping the back strap. And that's when I expected to be shot," said Landau, adding it was "really emotional" to return to the scene of the incident.

Police found marijuana on his passenger, who is white. They began searching the car. Landau said when he asked if they had a warrant, three white officers - one of whom was female - started beating him.

When asked if he did something to threaten the police officers, he responded, "No, actually I was pinned to a position where I couldn't even move. ... I hear an officer shout, 'He's reaching for her gun. He's reaching for her gun.' All I could do was say, 'No, I'm not. I'm not reaching for anything.'"

He expected to die that night.

The beating required 45 stitches, left him with a concussion and a traumatic brain injury.

Landau said the only thing worse than the beating was hearing the screams of his mother, Patsy Hathaway, when she saw him.

"I still cry. I still get ... angry outta nowhere," says Hathaway. "People don't understand: a beating like this traumatizes a family for years.

http://news.yahoo.com/thats-expected-shot-034912029.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down