NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another link between the American conservative movement and the white supremacist movement

Go down

Another link between the American conservative movement and the white supremacist movement Empty Another link between the American conservative movement and the white supremacist movement

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 pm

I know, I know. It looks like I'm trying to paint all conservatives with the same brush. I'm not, really -- I just find these questions very interesting: Why do so many "haters," for lack of a better word, make their intellectual home within conservatism? What is it about conservatism that makes these people feel a kinship? And why do non-racist conservatives tolerate the phenomenon of white supremacists attaining significant leadership positions within "mainstream" conservatism?

Two prominent conservative movement officials who hold leadership positions for several right-wing groups—Ron Robinson and James B. Taylor—run a political action committee that donated thousands of dollars to a white nationalist organization, according to public records. And for several years Taylor was vice president of another white nationalist organization.

Robinson and Taylor are each board members of Young America's Foundation (YAF), which cofounded the annual Conservative Political Action Conference and runs the conservative youth group Young Americans for Freedom. (YAF owns and manages the Ronald Reagan Ranch, trains conservative journalists, and calls itself "the principal outreach organization of the Conservative Movement.") And Robinson, YAF's president, is on the board of two other conservative groups: Citizens United, which brought the landmark Supreme Court case of the same name, and the American Conservative Union, which operates CPAC.

With these positions, Robinson and Taylor are at the center of mainstream conservative infrastructure. But each also sits on the three-person board of America's PAC, a far-right outfit that in 2004 gave $5,000 to the Charles Martel Society, a white nationalist group, according to the PAC's filing with the Federal Election Commission.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/ron-robinson-james-b-taylor-young-americas-foundation-white-nationalists
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down