NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia Without Putin

2 posters

Go down

Russia Without Putin Empty Russia Without Putin

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 am

And I thought U.S. Republicans were the world-champions of fear mongering:

Shortly before the presidential election last year, Putin's supporters released a video positing what the country would look like if the opposition's slogan of "Russia Without Putin" became a reality.

The piece debuted on YouTube and later played on a pro-Kremlin TV station a few days before the election. We've translated it into English for the first time.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Russia Without Putin Empty Re: Russia Without Putin

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:45 pm

[b style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-weight: bold; line-height: 19px;"]A Russian state-funded TV host who this week denied being a homophobe after saying gay people’s hearts are not suitable for organ donation, has again spoken on the issue of LGBT people in Russia to say that gay people “deliberately call, provoke situations, so that they become victims”.[/b]
In an interview with  Ekho Moskvy radio station, Dmitriy Kiselyov was asked by a reporter whether he was aware of recent incidents, such as one during which a gay man was raped with a beer bottle and murdered, after admitting he was gay.
He responded: “Our [Russian] problem with homosexuals is that they behave in a provocative, victim like way. They deliberately provoke situations, so that they become victims. Nobody prevents them from loving each other the way they want to. They are aggressively foisting minority’s values on majority. It is likely that society would counteract this. Naturally, right? In various ways, including brutal ones. Since they are brutally foisting this [on others]. Wanna fight? Get it, then. So what?”
Continuing, he seemed to suggest that there was no discrimination in Russia against gay and lesbian people.
“I regret this situation. But it seems to me that according to our tradition of our national culture we need to accept the existence of homosexuality in our country; great, nobody is persecuting them, there is no job discrimination. But one should not behave in a provocative way. And if somebody is inciting these people to behave in such a way, that’s irresponsible.
Going back to the original point of criticism, he attempted to justify his claims that in the US, Japan, the Middle East, and Europe,
“And the fact that everywhere [in the world] their hearts are being burned, in other words, cremated, and being earthed, in other words, buried, well, understandably, that’s the way it is, that’s an existing practice.”
He also said: “Why should I be ashamed? Think about it. In fact, those who incite these people to participate in gay parades should be ashamed.”
The Russian TV host denied homophobia this week, since he came under heavy criticism after footage emerged during which he said that gay people should not be allowed to donate sperm or blood, and that their hearts should be burned instead of being used for organ donation, as they are “unfit for extending anyone’s life”.
Dmitriy Kiselyov the host of the aptly named Historical Progress programme, spoke on the prime-time show which aired on state-funded Rossiya-1. He has since been promoted to host News of the Week.
In the previous clip he said: “I think that to fine gays for the propaganda of homosexuality among teenagers is not enough. They should be prohibited from donating blood, sperm. And their hearts—in case of a car accident—should be buried or burned as unfit for extending anyone’s life.”
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/08/13/russian-tv-host-who-denied-homophobia-says-gays-deliberately-provoke-situations-to-become-victims/

Fascist.Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:51 pm

[b style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-weight: bold; line-height: 19px;"]A Russian state-funded TV host who this week denied being a homophobe after saying gay people’s hearts are not suitable for organ donation, has again spoken on the issue of LGBT people in Russia to say that gay people “deliberately call, provoke situations, so that they become victims”.[/b]
In an interview with  Ekho Moskvy radio station, Dmitriy Kiselyov was asked by a reporter whether he was aware of recent incidents, such as one during which a gay man was raped with a beer bottle and murdered, after admitting he was gay.
He responded: “Our [Russian] problem with homosexuals is that they behave in a provocative, victim like way. They deliberately provoke situations, so that they become victims. Nobody prevents them from loving each other the way they want to. They are aggressively foisting minority’s values on majority. It is likely that society would counteract this. Naturally, right? In various ways, including brutal ones. Since they are brutally foisting this [on others]. Wanna fight? Get it, then. So what?”
Continuing, he seemed to suggest that there was no discrimination in Russia against gay and lesbian people.
“I regret this situation. But it seems to me that according to our tradition of our national culture we need to accept the existence of homosexuality in our country; great, nobody is persecuting them, there is no job discrimination. But one should not behave in a provocative way. And if somebody is inciting these people to behave in such a way, that’s irresponsible.
Going back to the original point of criticism, he attempted to justify his claims that in the US, Japan, the Middle East, and Europe,
“And the fact that everywhere [in the world] their hearts are being burned, in other words, cremated, and being earthed, in other words, buried, well, understandably, that’s the way it is, that’s an existing practice.”
He also said: “Why should I be ashamed? Think about it. In fact, those who incite these people to participate in gay parades should be ashamed.”
The Russian TV host denied homophobia this week, since he came under heavy criticism after footage emerged during which he said that gay people should not be allowed to donate sperm or blood, and that their hearts should be burned instead of being used for organ donation, as they are “unfit for extending anyone’s life”.
Dmitriy Kiselyov the host of the aptly named Historical Progress programme, spoke on the prime-time show which aired on state-funded Rossiya-1. He has since been promoted to host News of the Week.
In the previous clip he said: “I think that to fine gays for the propaganda of homosexuality among teenagers is not enough. They should be prohibited from donating blood, sperm. And their hearts—in case of a car accident—should be buried or burned as unfit for extending anyone’s life.”

....Oh really!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 am

I really don't get homophobia, and because of that I would say gay pride rallies work.
I grew up in Sydney and the gay pride Mardi Gras has been running my whole life
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Mardi_Gras
it is one big party, of economic benefit to the city and generally a good night out.
it it pretty similar to Mardi Gras around the world, full of music, dancing and drunkenness.
it is enjoyed by most of the community, and it is probably the biggest parade in Sydney.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:37 am

veya_victaous wrote:I really don't get homophobia, and because of that I would say gay pride rallies work.
I grew up in Sydney and the gay pride Mardi Gras has been running my whole life
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Mardi_Gras
it is one big party, of economic benefit to the city and generally a good night out.
it it pretty similar to Mardi Gras around the world, full of music, dancing and drunkenness.
it is enjoyed by most of the community, and it is probably the biggest parade in Sydney.
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/08/21/prison-break-star-wentworth-miller-comes-out-as-gay-and-declines-russian-film-premiere/ cheers  Good on him!

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/08/21/video-reporter-cut-off-on-russian-state-tv-gay-people-will-not-be-silent-in-the-face-of-repression/ cheers 

And there is a new rally planned in London next month! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down