NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme

3 posters

Go down

Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme Empty Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme BvcB8HWIgAAP-Jd

Nice, you're charged with breaking the law and you look absolutely tickled over it! That one summed it up nicely.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry turned himself in for booking at a courthouse in Austin on Tuesday, less than a week after his indictment on two felony counts of abuse of power.

And Perry's mug shot, released by the Austin Police Department, quickly inspired a meme, with references to Tyler Perry, the governor's (noticeably absent) hipster glasses and the Maine teen who showed up for his booking photo wearing a T-shirt bearing his mug shot from a previous arrest.

http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-mugshot-meme-115338984.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme Empty Re: Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme

Post by Cass Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm

lol.....brilliant ....I look forward to seeing many more
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme Empty Re: Indicted Texas Governor's mugshot inspires internet meme

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Rick Perry and the elusive third agency. "Oops..."

Now the idiot has gone an gotten hisself arrested. Dang.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:56 am

Original Quill wrote:Rick Perry and the elusive third agency.  "Oops..."

Now the idiot has gone an gotten hisself arrested.  Dang.

Ah, you should see the wretched Texas media springing to Perry's defense. I swear, the only thing this guy could do to get his supporters to turn on him permanently is switch parties.

At the same time, Wendy Davis is actually closing the gap in the polls; last I saw down by only seven. I'm hoping this abuse-of-power thing drips onto Greg "I Invite Confessed Child Molesters to My Political Rallies" Abbott and that the Davis gain in the polls pushes Abbott into some damaging moves ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Rick Perry and the elusive third agency.  "Oops..."

Now the idiot has gone an gotten hisself arrested.  Dang.

Ah, you should see the wretched Texas media springing to Perry's defense. I swear, the only thing this guy could do to get his supporters to turn on him permanently is switch parties.

At the same time, Wendy Davis is actually closing the gap in the polls; last I saw down by only seven. I'm hoping this abuse-of-power thing drips onto Greg "I Invite Confessed Child Molesters to My Political Rallies" Abbott and that the Davis gain in the polls pushes Abbott into some damaging moves ...

Wendy Davis is my girl.  I'd almost marry her if she was available.  (Oops...said that too often.)

Rick Perry could only be popular in Texas.  His national reputation as a duffus does him in.  But that's all right with me.  If Texas Republicans want to waste their enthusiasm and resources on an idiot, I see it as an advantage.

It depends on Texas law, but I don't think Perry's defense in this criminal prosecution is going to fly.  He is arguing that political questions don't belong in court.  If political questions is a  defense, then explain Gore v. Bush, 531 US 98, 121 S. Ct. 525, 148 L. Ed. 2d 388 (Sup. Ct., 2000).  You can't sweep a skunk under the rug...the US Supreme Court has taken up political questions and ruled upon them.  Hence, a lower Court in Texas is perfectly within its right to follow the lead.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down