NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies

+4
Lone Wolf
The Puzzler
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Empty Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:26 am

http://gawker.com/texas-open-carry-rallies-ruined-by-boob-flashing-libta-1612140734

When funny beats nasty

When things are grim and you’re trying to work out how to stay positive and still fight the good fight with humour and verve, it’s helpful to be told of others who have done so. And it is in this spirit that 10 Things likes to point out some happy things in among the endless slog of The Abbott Nightmare Years.

For example: in the US there’s an action group called Come And Take It Texas, a pro-gun group who feel that their special precious rights are being infringed by laws seeking to prevent them from openly carrying guns around in shops and parks and other public places where people might justifiably be terrified by guns being brandished.

So a group of women have taken to following them around on their frequent mass displays of gun-toting. With signs. And they're also topless.

This has so infuriated the open carry group that they’re claiming that this group of “skanky topless libtards” (as they so charmingly put it) are infringing on their right to free speech - a right to which topless women are clearly not entitled, at least not when they’re holding signs saying "You realize that everyone thinks you're overcompensating for your teeny tiny 'gun' right?" and "Boobs for peace."

The thing that’s awesome about this is twofold: one, that it’s preventing Come And Get It Texas from getting mainstream media coverage because television crews know what sort of outrage and FCC fine-levying happens when errant nipples are shown on television - oh, Janet Jackson, your Superbowl legacy lives on - and it also means that whenever they get mentioned in the media it’s as a side note to the more interesting story, “awesome ladies make fun of whining gun nuts”.

Humour, friends. That’s our greatest weapon. Don’t ever be afraid to use it.

By Andrew P Street

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Empty Re: Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:05 am

Fantastic! I was talking to a friend about these Open Carry nutjobs, and we came to an interesting point that nobody seems to mention ...

None of them are black.

Because if you were to do this while being black, you would be murdered by the police the first time you tried it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Empty Re: Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:55 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Fantastic! I was talking to a friend about these Open Carry nutjobs, and we came to an interesting point that nobody seems to mention ...

None of them are black.

Because if you were to do this while being black, you would be murdered by the police the first time you tried it.

Probably

I'd like to see their reaction to an Arab American walking around with an AR-15
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Fantastic! I was talking to a friend about these Open Carry nutjobs, and we came to an interesting point that nobody seems to mention ...

None of them are black.

Probably

I'd like to see their reaction to an Arab American walking around with an AR-15

They would go ape-shit. It's just like in England where a lot of people seem to think that "rights" are reserved for people of a certain skin color or religious tradition ... still, the boobs play is diabolical genius, I give it two thumbs up!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Puzzler Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:47 am

None of them are black.

Well a quick google shows that's plainly complete and utter bullshit....

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies LL
Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies T7uy
Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Carytown-VA-Open-Carry-Demonstrators
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cass Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

boobs for peace.......interesting concept....good on them... Smile
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

The Puzzler wrote:

None of them are black.

Well a quick google shows that's plainly complete and utter bullshit....

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies LL
Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies T7uy
Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Carytown-VA-Open-Carry-Demonstrators

OK -- none of the groups are all-black, though. I'd really like to see how people would react to three or four black guys carrying guns in public.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm

ok...so we have a bunch of poppy burning louts at a parade.....

would it be ok for a bunch of amply endowed women to flop their boobs out at them and tell them they are compensating for little whatevers????

guess who would be in the dock for religious hate crimes.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm

besides ...what would you rather have...open carry or concealed carry???

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 am

victorisnotamused wrote:besides ...what would you rather have...open carry or concealed carry???

neither, guns should be restricted to rural areas where they serve a legitimate purpose

why do they need assault rifles in suburbia  Suspect Suspect Suspect 

Any way Boobs For Peace is a Much better Idea ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:26 am

veya_victaous wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:besides ...what would you rather have...open carry or concealed carry???

Not an answer, given the american way with guns.....the choice isnt guns/no guns its concealed vs open carry....

neither, guns should be restricted to rural areas where they serve a legitimate purpose

why do they need assault rifles in suburbia  Suspect Suspect Suspect 

Any way Boobs For Peace is a Much better Idea ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
yep i guess you WOULD say that being such a lefty.....cant win the argument by legitimate means, then use any and all methods to stifle debate and drown out what you dont want anyone to hear... Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 am

I refer you to my other post above...

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 am

victorisnotamused wrote:I refer you to my other post above...

Burning poppies are not the public threat an AR-15 is  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (it is disrespectful and Aussies likely would have 'sorted it' in the crowd with fists pirat pirat pirat )

And New York Managed to Do it!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York

Americans Aren't incapable of change you know... they do beat their whining cowardly Right Whingers into submission eventually  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
UK need to try that  tongue tongue tongue 

Oddly the American States Most Vocal About their Right to Guns where also the Most vocal about the right to slaves... I'm sure Quill can explain that dynamic to you  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:I refer you to my other post above...

Burning poppies are not the public threat an AR-15 is  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (it is disrespectful and Aussies likely would have 'sorted it' in the crowd with fists pirat pirat pirat )

the scale of threat matters not...it is the priciple of the thing....not that the left HAVE any principles when it comes to open debate.....

And New York Managed to Do it!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York

Americans Aren't incapable of change you know...  they do beat their whining cowardly Right Whingers into submission eventually  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
UK need to try that  tongue tongue tongue 

Oh I think UK has managed well enough.....we have suffered under left leaning lefty inclined govt for donkeys years now....fiscally corrupt and morally bankrupt...
and yes I include tories in that...labour are pink wasahed tories and tories are blue rinsed labour....pillocks the lot of em and no balls between them....

Oddly the American States Most Vocal About their Right to Guns where also the Most vocal about the right to slaves... I'm sure Quill can explain that dynamic to you   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:03 am

No victor, this is a debate we're having, and those "libtard skanks" are also communicating in a debate. The right, without realizing it, has just declared publicly displayed boobies more offensive than publicly displayed AR-15s.

It's all about a sickness that has been in U.S. culture for a long time. When I was in college I worked at a video store and I couldn't tell you how many parents said ultra-violent movies were fine for their kids but they wanted to make sure the movies didn't contain nudity.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:07 am

victorisnotamused wrote:ok...so we have a bunch of poppy burning louts at a parade.....

would it be ok for a bunch of amply endowed women to flop their boobs out at them and tell them they are compensating for little whatevers????

Umm Definitely  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
 :asballsas?: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:09 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:No victor, this is a debate we're having, and those "libtard skanks" are also communicating in a debate. The right, without realizing it, has just declared publicly displayed boobies more offensive than publicly displayed AR-15s.

It's all about a sickness that has been in U.S. culture for a long time. When I was in college I worked at a video store and I couldn't tell you how many parents said ultra-violent movies were fine for their kids but they wanted to make sure the movies didn't contain nudity.
actually its your barmy laws that are allowing these women to effectively close down debate...Its right there in the story.....
there IS no debate when these women are about...because the media darent air it....
personally I dont see whats "offensive" about either....

as I said...concealed carry or open carry??

personally I'd rather KNOW some guy has a gun than not....

in fact thats why OUR laws are so strict on length of barrel and stocks.....so you CANT conceal them....
and YES I do walk down the road with shot gun over arm when moving between parts of my permissions
and YES its quite legal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:11 am

veya_victaous wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:ok...so we have a bunch of poppy burning louts at a parade.....

you know what veya...you aussies and those crazy yanks are very similar....both of you tend to record IQ in inches......

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:27 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

you know what veya...you aussies and those crazy yanks are very similar....both of you tend to record IQ in inches......

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies 3678122
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:15 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

And we know where a Crazy and Violent so there is method to our madness  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Enhanced-buzz-30970-1398840164-9

That's Right You need ID to buy PLASTIC KNIVES  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 am

personally I prefer no guns but if I had to I would go with open.....cause it makes me feel so much better when I see someone in the produce area at the store packing heat.......you never know when a turf war will break out between the different kinds of lettuce......or when an apple goes rotten

Rolling Eyes
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 am

It's fairly common to see a holstered gun in a grocery store in Arizona.   Who would want to go hiking in the Superstition Mts. without one? And if you stop in for some coleslaw or Mr. Dew for the picnic...

I used to keep a .45 under my seat in my Blazer, but my New Jersey guests got real big eyes when I pulled it out for the hike.  The only time they had ever seen a handgun was in the occasional episode of Law & Order.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 am

Original Quill wrote:It's fairly common to see a holstered gun in a grocery store in Arizona.   Who would want to go hiking in the Superstition Mts. without one?  And if you stop in for some coleslaw or Mr. Dew for the picnic...

I used to keep a .45 under my seat in my Blazer, but my New Jersey guests got real big eyes when I pulled it out for the hike.  The only time they had ever seen a handgun was in the occasional episode of Law & Order.

why do you need one to go Hiking?
wolves? bears?
I thought we were meant to have the dangerous animals  confused 

a length of Hardwood is good enough  Suspect 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:22 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:It's fairly common to see a holstered gun in a grocery store in Arizona.   Who would want to go hiking in the Superstition Mts. without one?  And if you stop in for some coleslaw or Mr. Dew for the picnic...

wolves? bears?  

And snakes...particularly in the mornings. You generally take it only in certain area, or when you are responsible for a bunch of Easterners. They don't know how to stay out of trouble.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:48 am

I don't hike......ever....ti's why God invented cars Wink
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:57 am

Cass wrote:I don't hike......ever....ti's why God invented cars Wink

I understand. Lol.  But for me one of the greatest glories of living in the State of Arizona was the chance to hike around.  You had every different kind of terrain, from desert sun to blizzard snows, canyon gullies to northern lakes...just going walkabout.  Greatest hiking country in the world.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 am

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:I don't hike......ever....ti's why God invented cars Wink

I understand. Lol.  But for me one of the greatest glories of living in the State of Arizona was the chance to hike around.  You had every different kind of terrain, from desert sun to blizzard snows, canyon gullies to northern lakes...just going walkabout.  Greatest hiking country in the world.

ill get around to it......maybe....one day.....I wouldn't mind going round oak creek canyon and sliding rock....and then repairing to an inn in Sedona ....with a few bottles of wine....or up to Jerome Smile
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:50 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

wolves? bears?  

And snakes...particularly in the mornings.  You generally take it only in certain area, or when you are responsible for a bunch of Easterners.  They don't know how to stay out of trouble.

SNAKES??? confused confused 
You're joking rights  Suspect  Cause we have Snakes And never have I though A gun would be useful for them. Croc Or Feral Pig Sure but Snake?

and I live around the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 10th most deadly snakes in the world. Literally we used to get Eastern browns come in the Yard at least every 2nd year as a kid.
the Eastern Brown (2nd most deadly in the world)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_brown_snake

Plus Tiger snakes, Taipans and  Death Adders

We don't even kill them just move take them back out to the Bush.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

@Victor  Cool  Cool  Cool 

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Anigif_enhanced-buzz-931-1358880705-5
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:16 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Says the guy who justifies treating some people like individuals and others like they share a hive-mind ...  Rolling Eyes 

By the way, I'm not a Yank, I'm from Texas Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm

seeing the word Yank reminds me of a saying when Americans came here in ww2.

AMERICAN KNICKERS, one Yank and there down!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And snakes...particularly in the mornings.  You generally take it only in certain area, or when you are responsible for a bunch of Easterners.  They don't know how to stay out of trouble.

cyclops 

THE REAL reason why a lot of Americans carry guns openly in their "wilderness" areas ???

SO THAT they get the chance to run away to safety while the snakes, bears and mountain lions are rolling around on the ground laughing their collective heads off !!!

://?roflmao?/:

Yes, very funny Bee. And veya... But when you get felled by one of them you won't be laughing. Steve Irwin is dead because he didn't take the proper precautions down under, there.

Snakes--particularly sidewinders--come out by the dozens and sun themselves in the morning. But you can usually brush them away with a broom.

But, bears, mountain lions and jaguars are becoming acclimated to people and they pose a bigger threat. However, they run like hell if you shoot off a gun. You don't have to shoot them Just the noise is effective.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:29 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Surprised 

STEVE IRWIN died through plain carelessness/inattention on his part.

HE took his eyes off that stingray while approaching from the 'wrong' end; simply swam too close to it, and probably never saw that tail whipping around..

"FAMILIARITY breeds contempt."

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies Content_stingray-3

Yes, that was a real tragedy.  I always wondered whether he was the 'real thing.'  Or, was he like Timothy Treadwell...shouldn't be doin' that!  His wife is a vet, and he was raised in that zoo, so I guess he knew what he was doing.

I recently saw something by his daughter, Bindi.  Sooo cute.

Texas Open Carry Rallies Ruined by Boob-Flashing "Libtard" Ladies 1406626617523.jpg-620x349

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/bindi-irwin-heading-to-floriade-20140729-zy2m5.html

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Says the guy who justifies treating some people like individuals and others like they share a hive-mind ...  Rolling Eyes 

By the way, I'm not a Yank, I'm from Texas Smile

ahh...a red neck then

thers's only two things come from texas boy....................and I sure as hell dont see no horns......

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

cyclops 

THE REAL reason why a lot of Americans carry guns openly in their "wilderness" areas ???

SO THAT they get the chance to run away to safety while the snakes, bears and mountain lions are rolling around on the ground laughing their collective heads off !!!

Yes, very funny Bee.  And veya...  But when you get felled by one of them you won't be laughing.  Steve Irwin is dead because he didn't take the proper precautions down under, there.

Snakes--particularly sidewinders--come out by the dozens and sun themselves in the morning.  But you can usually brush them away with a broom.

But, bears, mountain lions and jaguars are becoming acclimated to people and they pose a bigger threat.  However, they run like hell if you shoot off a gun.  You don't have to shoot them  Just the noise is effective.

Snakes Don't want to bite you, they leave you a lone if you leave them alone.  Neutral 

Steve Irwin is dead cause he liked to Piss off the wildlife for the Camera. he was better than some of the other jackasses that get on telly but Ultimately Only Crocs and Sharks see humans as food down here everything else will leave you alone if you leave it alone.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, very funny Bee.  And veya...  But when you get felled by one of them you won't be laughing.  Steve Irwin is dead because he didn't take the proper precautions down under, there.

Snakes--particularly sidewinders--come out by the dozens and sun themselves in the morning.  But you can usually brush them away with a broom.

But, bears, mountain lions and jaguars are becoming acclimated to people and they pose a bigger threat.  However, they run like hell if you shoot off a gun.  You don't have to shoot them  Just the noise is effective.

Snakes Don't want to bite you, they leave you a lone if you leave them alone.  Neutral 

Steve Irwin is dead cause he liked to Piss off the wildlife for the Camera. he was better than some of the other jackasses that get on telly but Ultimately Only Crocs and Sharks see humans as food down here everything else will leave you alone if you leave it alone.

He's still dead, isn't he? And I think you will agree it's because he didn't take proper precautions.

As I said, brooms are the best thing for snakes...or simply, walk around them. They don't want to bump into you anymore than you want to bump into them. Lol.

Big cats, bears, javelina and wolves will respond to noise. Your best defense is a pistol shot. And if that doesn't work, you're still not helpless.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

He's still dead, isn't he?  And I think you will agree it's because he didn't take proper precautions.

As I said, brooms are the best thing for snakes...or simply, walk around them.  They don't want to bump into you anymore than you want to bump into them.  Lol.

Big cats, bears, javelina and wolves will respond to noise.  Your best defense is a pistol shot.  And if that doesn't work, you're still not helpless.

that's why I say Australia is actually safe if you pay attention  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  and stay out of the water  pirat

the proper precaution is LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE which does not make good TV  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:23 am

It's not really worth you getting upset about it all, veya. You do it your way.

I'll do it mine.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 am

Original Quill wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

cyclops 

So if I blow up a paper bag and burst it with a loud bang will the bears etc. do a runner?

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

So if I blow up a paper bag and burst it with a loud bang will the bears etc. do a runner?

Laughing

Yes...I'm not an expert in wildlife biology psychology, but a loud noise works really well.  (Bee probably knows more about the animal psychology than you or I, and could elaborate.)  What it is about noise is a mystery to me.  Maybe the animal senses more malice with a handgun report, but without more to tell me otherwise, I believe it is simply the noise. But it works.

Anyway, I would also feel more secure having the handgun itself as a Plan B.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 am

IF you react to a loud noise as a threat, rather than as a loud noise, you're more likely to live and pass on your genes. Because there's no selection punishment for getting some selection questions right, but definitely penalties for getting it wrong:

Conclusion: Loud noise = threat AND you're right: you run and maybe survive

Conclusion: Loud noise = threat AND you're wrong: you run and almost definitely survive

Conclusion: Loud noise = no threat AND you're right: you don't run and almost definitely survive (nonetheless)

Conclusion: Loud noise = no threat AND you're wrong: you don't run and thus almost definitely die

In most cases, you're genetically rewarded for interpreting a loud noise as a threat -- regardless of whether you're right or wrong. Natural selection thus almost always favors those who freak out about perceived threats, whether they're right or absolutely full of it. And that's where we're at in evolutionary history.

http://www.michaelshermer.com/2009/06/agenticity/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:59 am

Just to bring this truth to its logical conclusion, it shows how those who react to perceived threats -- regardless of whether they're correct or incorrect in their perceptions -- are more likely to pass on their genes to a new generation than that 25 percent who both don't perceive a threat from something novel (whether a "foreigner" or a noise in the woods) and who are correct in their judgement of whatever they perceive as "not a threat."

This explains how natural selection favors ninnies.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:18 pm

I remember studying the parasympathetic nervous system in university.  I must admit, loud noises bring out some response (in me), whether its adrenalin or noradrenalin.  When we were kids, cars with loud mufflers would always get pulled over...they even had laws prohibiting them.  I can't help but feel that was directly related to the cop's parasympathetic nervous system.  He heard, and he thought: threat!

Anyway, big cats run away at a sharp noise.  Javalina, being herd animals, also run away.  Wolves...maybe, but the pack also gives them reinforcement.  Anyway, it seems to work in most cases.

And Plan B works really well, especially with a .45, though I don't relish the idea of killing an animal because of a misunderstanding.  Yet, when it's him or me...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:::gnslnger::   IF ONE reads the redneck correspondents on American-based backpacking and hunting 'sites, many of them are adamant that big handguns are desperately "essential" whenever you dare to venture anywhere more than half a mile away from their National Park carparks...

NOT JUST from the odd bears, wolves, big cats, rattlesnakes, wolverines and rutting elks ~ but also those roving gangs of drug-crazed, perpetually depraved Negro and Korean rapists and thieves that only ever seem to live in those rednecks' fetid imaginations..

(AND, the bigger their guns the better, though I always suspect that those paranoid 'concealed carry' writers are much more likely to shoot themselves or one of their traveling companions, before any such "perceived threats" !).

ACCORDING to the more moderate majority members of the more mainstream 'sites, however, such things as bear spray (re-packaged Capsicum/"pepper" sprays..) or pressure pack air-horns are just as effective as any guns..

AND those 'no (hand-)gun' moderates venturing even further afield do seem to be equally or even more successful at staying alive than their gun-totin' compatriots, in those more unfriendly and wilderness areas...    geek

Well said, Bee. Voice of reason.

I still like the .45 because of Plan B. But you make a lot of sense when you speak of sprays and compressed-air horns. Anything that works is useful.

I do think we get caught up in our scripts a bit too much. We are so anxious to put down the corn-pone rednecks--tell some story about them--that we forget that there are practical uses for handguns, rifles, just as there are for knives and axes. I remember back on Ministry we had a great thread on knives and such, without the mention that a Louisiana Cajun cracker generally uses them most of all.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next