NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims'

+7
veya_victaous
Fred Moletrousers
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Lone Wolf
Irn Bru
gerber
11 posters

Go down

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Empty Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims'

Post by gerber Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:18 am

Malaysian politicians and religious leaders have attacked the use of Scottie dogs during the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, claiming it was disrespectful to Muslims.

Dato Ibrahim Bin Ali, a far-Right politician, former MP and founder and president of Malay supremacist group Perkasa also called for an apology.
"I think it is unbecoming. The hosts have not been sensitive enough – especially in a so-called knowledgeable and civilised society like Britain," he said. "It is shameful and has offended not only Malaysia as a Muslim country, but Muslims around the world."
A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: "Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10995961/Commonwealth-Games-Scottie-dogs-disrespectful-to-Muslims.html

Thank goodness for the last comment by a spokesperson.

Maybe sanity has resumed......

They looked so cute and so proud
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Empty Re: Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims'

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:59 am

Good morning my bonnie lass.

Cheeky devils, aren't they. There were 71 nations taking part but they didn't have enough Scottie dogs to go round so some of them had to be recycled and go round twice lol

The Scotties did the nation proud and not one of them stopped for a wee or lift a leg either.

Proud
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Empty Re: Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims'

Post by gerber Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 am

and good morning to the most sensible one north of the border

I suppose we should be thankful that the RSPCA or some other doggie do gooder hasn't got involved and claimed the noise was cruelty.

I agree they were brill

Wait for Australia and the Kangeroos............

Bar set now and a very high one.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by gerber Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
gerber wrote:

Malaysian  politicians and religious leaders have attacked the use of Scottie dogs during the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, claiming it was disrespectful to Muslims.[/size]

Dato Ibrahim Bin Ali, a far-Right politician.....................

[size=14]A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: "Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony.."

[/size]

::-3::   THIS petty "storm in a teacup" protest organised by one loony-toon conservative politician is probably in reality a scheme by petulant Collie, Sheltie, Scottish sheep dog and Border Collie breeders associations, as revenge for their feeling snubbed by the 'Terriers getting all of the attention during the opening ceremony...

WOOF !

You Iguana

No mention of Golden Retrievers.......

Growl......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:34 pm

I expect Ben will be along later to complain about this, and to mock Muslims.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Smile 

JUST as long as he doesn't knock those terriers, and the collies and golden retrievers...

very well said.

Doughnut ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I expect Ben will be along later to complain about this, and to mock Muslims.

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Obsessed
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I expect Ben will be along later to complain about this, and to mock Muslims.

You said you didn't like religious people interfering in what you can watch. Does that only apply to Christians?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

You said you didn't like religious people interfering in what you can watch. Does that only apply to Christians?

Of course it does. I don't want Christians telling me what to do, I want to take my orders from Muslims.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course it does. I don't want Christians telling me what to do, I want to take my orders from Muslims.

Never mind - cba.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:05 pm

gerber wrote:Malaysian politicians and religious leaders have attacked the use of Scottie dogs during the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, claiming it was disrespectful to Muslims.

Dato Ibrahim Bin Ali, a far-Right politician, former MP and founder and president of Malay supremacist group Perkasa also called for an apology.
"I think it is unbecoming. The hosts have not been sensitive enough – especially in a so-called knowledgeable and civilised society like Britain," he said. "It is shameful and has offended not only Malaysia as a Muslim country, but Muslims around the world."
A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: "Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10995961/Commonwealth-Games-Scottie-dogs-disrespectful-to-Muslims.html

since the "politicians" and religious leaders are mentioned in the plural, we can take it that they indeed DO speak for "Muslims" in general

therefore I suggest that a suitable response would be

In scotland, as in the rest of europe, dogs are an integral part of life and are NOT seen as unclean..
YOU are GUESTS here
get over it...WE find your attitude on this just as "offensive"
If you dont like it...LEAVE

secondly we are sick and tired of your whineing about "your" sensitivity and your "requirements" and find your continuous demands for special consideration sickening and offensive
Get over yourselves..you are not "special" and ar NOT deserving of "special consideration"  No-one forced you to come

If you dont like it LEAVE....

I also note that no "moderate, weternised" Muslim has spoken out against these obnoxious idiots....which leads me to suspect the degree of their "moderation"

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
gerber wrote:Malaysian politicians and religious leaders have attacked the use of Scottie dogs during the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, claiming it was disrespectful to Muslims.

since the "politicians" and religious leaders are mentioned in the plural, we can take it that they indeed DO speak for "Muslims" in general

In scotland, as in the rest of europe, dogs are an integral part of life and are NOT seen as unclean..
YOU are GUESTS here

secondly we are sick and tired of your whineing about "your" sensitivity and your "requirements" and find your continuous demands for special consideration sickening and offensive
Get over yourselves..you are not "special" and ar NOT deserving of "special consideration"  No-one forced you to come

I also note that no "moderate, weternised" Muslim has spoken out against these obnoxious idiots....which leads me to suspect the degree of their "moderation"

As always from Victor come words of wisdom. I could not have put it better, my friend.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

YOU are GUESTS here

So if they don't specifically condemn everything you don't like about what one of them says, where you can hear it or read it, they must support it?

Sounds like a full-time job ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

YOU are GUESTS here

So if they don't specifically condemn everything you don't like about what one of them says, where you can hear it or read it, they must support it?

Sounds like a full-time job ...

In this country it is, Ben....believe me, it is......
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Wow, that sucks. I'd hate to feel like if I didn't spend all day verbally condemning everything I disagreed with, people would assume I agreed with it ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:40 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, that sucks. I'd hate to feel like if I didn't spend all day verbally condemning everything I disagreed with, people would assume I agreed with it ...

That is why they Are Whinging Pommies  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
I know it is not Normal but they are English  ::dunno:: ::dunno:: ::dunno:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, that sucks. I'd hate to feel like if I didn't spend all day verbally condemning everything I disagreed with, people would assume I agreed with it ...

Mencia's talking about the U.S., but it really applies to all immigrant-settled countries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbQ-2HxabIw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 am

TO be fair these kinds of obscure ramblings should just be ignored for the irrelevant crap they are- Malaysia sure has bigger problems they might want to be dealing with right now rather than whinging about some doggies bouncing around in Glasgow...

^Vic, I imagine most Muslims are not even aware of this story which is why we get no mass outcry. It is a nothing.

The Malaysian politicians whinging are pathetic, the Telegraph being a RW people will dig this sort of crap up to appeal to petty conservative mindsets who think Political Correctness is the biggest threat to humanity since Hitler  Cool 

Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:42 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Mencia's talking about the U.S., but it really applies to all immigrant-settled countries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbQ-2HxabIw

Only sort of Most White Aussies are the same as the Blacks in America, came here in Chains and Flogged until they built a nation..... Plus Aussie are obviously the best we get half the Olympic medals of the USA but with only a tenth the population, so the average Aussie is Better than the average American  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue 

Plus it is a very Big misconception to think that African Slaves were better off staying in Africa, they became slaves because their tribe was defeated, for a Male then meant Slavery or Death the Winning tribes only started taking slaves because or Barbary Traders making offers for them.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:50 am

Did any one check who said it
FORMER Politician that started his own radical group in 2008 and has been NOT been elected since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkasa

The major objectives for establishing Perkasa, according to Ibrahim Ali, are to act as "protectors of Article 153 of the Constitution of Malaysia" and to defend the rights of Bumiputera from being eroded by certain quarters.[3] Perkasa is said to be fighting and defending the rights of the Malays which they feel are being challenged by non-Malays in Malaysia.

Perkasa has recently become infamous for its racial and religious provocations against non-Malays, especially Chinese and Indians; and non-Muslims, especially Christians through vocal, physical and violent means.[4] Despite the continuous offensive and seditious remarks by its chief Ibrahim Ali and its members that have threatened social harmony, no legal action has been taken by the Malaysian authorities so far.[5]

It has been branded a fascist organisation by MPs from the Malaysian federal opposition coalition Pakatan Rakyat.[6] Despite Perkasa's close association with UMNO, Ibrahim Ali recently implied the possibility of Perkasa becoming a full-fledged political party to participate in Malaysia's 14th General Elections, going head-to-head against UMNO.

Irony the Group actually Says EXACTLY what Victor said but towards Chinese and Westerners in Malaysia (there have been several Protest Specifically Against "British Intrusions in Malay Culture" )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:Did any one check who said it
FORMER Politician that started his own radical group in 2008 and has been NOT been elected since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkasa

The major objectives for establishing Perkasa, according to Ibrahim Ali, are to act as "protectors of Article 153 of the Constitution of Malaysia" and to defend the rights of Bumiputera from being eroded by certain quarters.[3] Perkasa is said to be fighting and defending the rights of the Malays which they feel are being challenged by non-Malays in Malaysia.

Perkasa has recently become infamous for its racial and religious provocations against non-Malays, especially Chinese and Indians; and non-Muslims, especially Christians through vocal, physical and violent means.[4] Despite the continuous offensive and seditious remarks by its chief Ibrahim Ali and its members that have threatened social harmony, no legal action has been taken by the Malaysian authorities so far.[5]

It has been branded a fascist organisation by MPs from the Malaysian federal opposition coalition Pakatan Rakyat.[6] Despite Perkasa's close association with UMNO, Ibrahim Ali recently implied the possibility of Perkasa becoming a full-fledged political party to participate in Malaysia's 14th General Elections, going head-to-head against UMNO.

Irony the Group actually Says EXACTLY what Victor said but towards  Chinese and Westerners in Malaysia (there have been several Protest Specifically Against "British Intrusions in Malay Culture" )

Aha, aha, aha. ALWAYS check the source of the quote and get the context! Can I get a big A-Mayan and a 10-4?

So yeah, let the nutjob be the voice of 20 percent of the world's population, that's fair.

And regarding Aussie athletes, I'd always just assumed you all got preternaturally strong from the effort involved in not falling off the bottom of the world ... seriously, that has to be pretty harrowing.  :askissas: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 am

that too.. but Crocs always lend a hand
Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Enhanced-buzz-17475-1399371926-8

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Enhanced-buzz-6050-1403751846-6

http://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar/how-australia-looks-to-dumb-americans
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:53 am

veya_victaous wrote:that too.. but Crocs always lend a hand
Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Enhanced-buzz-17475-1399371926-8

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Enhanced-buzz-6050-1403751846-6

http://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar/how-australia-looks-to-dumb-americans

Foster's isn't as bad as you Aussies make it out to be; it's actually a damn site better than most of our corporate domestics Smile

At least it comes in big-ass cans up here ...

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' $T2eC16h,!ykE9s7tye9FBR1juk)WzQ~~60_35
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 am

All joking aside, I would really like to hear the justification for requiring some people to denounce everything up to and including some idiot's opinion about dogs, while allowing other people the benefit of the doubt and understanding that most people don't agree with one idiot's opinion.

I'd really like one or more of our English members to explain to me how that's fair, because logic and reason tell me it's really entirely unfair, not to mention very prejudiced. I sit here in the hope of being enlightened ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 am

victorisnotamused wrote:

YOU are GUESTS here

Exactly, and what most sensible and level-headed Muslims are saying too, no doubt.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:All joking aside, I would really like to hear the justification for requiring some people to denounce everything up to and including some idiot's opinion about dogs, while allowing other people the benefit of the doubt and understanding that most people don't agree with one idiot's opinion.

I'd really like one or more of our English members to explain to me how that's fair, because logic and reason tell me it's really entirely unfair, not to mention very prejudiced. I sit here in the hope of being enlightened ...

bump
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:All joking aside, I would really like to hear the justification for requiring some people to denounce everything up to and including some idiot's opinion about dogs, while allowing other people the benefit of the doubt and understanding that most people don't agree with one idiot's opinion.

bump

well, since "we" you know the non whatevers of britain dont have a mouth peice with balls big enough to say what I said earlier....and since we have had, for years a suppliant and craven govt, that panders to their every whim as much as possible......

It is not unreasonable to expect the LEADERS, amongst the supposed moderates to speak up and denounce this moron. Their failure to do so says more about their REAL feelings on the subject than it does about anything else....

I find what these guys ,,,(and note the article mentions multiple persons), say, to be highly offensive.
I find their demands about their "sensitivities" to be offensive
If they dont like it why dont they just F**k off back whence they came....and take their athletes with them....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Under the headline “Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs ‘disrespectful to Muslims’”, theTelegraph reports that the use of Scottish terrier dogs to lead teams around Celtic Park in the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow last Wednesday has been criticised by “Malaysian politicians and religious leaders”. (In the Daily Mail‘s version of the story, the critics are elevated to “Malaysian officials”.)
The criticisms quoted were in fact raised by two individuals – one the leader of a minor political party and the other of an extremist movement – and it looks like their objections were not so much to the use of dogs as such but rather to reports that the dog supposed to be leading the Malaysian team refused to move and had to be carried by a team representative.
The Telegraph article helpfully explains: “Many Muslims refuse to have direct contact with dogs, which are considered by some to be ‘unclean’ in Islamic culture. Some overseas Muslim groups have reportedly previously called for a jihad on dogs.”
The article concludes: “A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: ‘Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony’.”
So, another anti-Muslim story concocted out of nothing.
For the background to the “jihad on dogs” nonsense, see here and here.

http://www.islamophobiawatch.co.uk/torygraph-discovers-jihad-on-dogs/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Didge wrote:Under the headline “Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs ‘disrespectful to Muslims’”, theTelegraph reports that the use of Scottish terrier dogs to lead teams around Celtic Park in the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow last Wednesday has been criticised by “Malaysian politicians and religious leaders”. (In the Daily Mail‘s version of the story, the critics are elevated to “Malaysian officials”.)
The criticisms quoted were in fact raised by two individuals – one the leader of a minor political party and the other of an extremist movement – and it looks like their objections were not so much to the use of dogs as such but rather to reports that the dog supposed to be leading the Malaysian team refused to move and had to be carried by a team representative.
The Telegraph article helpfully explains: “Many Muslims refuse to have direct contact with dogs, which are considered by some to be ‘unclean’ in Islamic culture. Some overseas Muslim groups have reportedly previously called for a jihad on dogs.”
The article concludes: “A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: ‘Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony’.”

I wouldnt take anything an appologist site like this posts as being of any virtue....

biggest clue

"For the background to the “jihad on dogs” nonsense, see here and here.[/size]

where it links to...but does not deny a number of reports....

however, give that it is possibly true that it was just these two idiots

first...are they here...present?? then sling em out...publicly and noisily
secondly If they are not then they should not have ben given a platform to air such garbage
thirdly if the above IS the case then it is even MORE important that a "moderate" speaks out and tells em to bollocks, elsewise we WILL know what to think of the "moderate"
surely ONE can be found and poked into action??? or does their silence mean complicity????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Didge wrote:Under the headline “Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs ‘disrespectful to Muslims’”, theTelegraph reports that the use of Scottish terrier dogs to lead teams around Celtic Park in the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow last Wednesday has been criticised by “Malaysian politicians and religious leaders”. (In the Daily Mail‘s version of the story, the critics are elevated to “Malaysian officials”.)

I wouldnt take anything an appologist site like this posts as being of any virtue....

biggest clue

"For the background to the “jihad on dogs” nonsense, see here and here.[/size]

where it links to...but does not deny a number of reports....

however, give that it is possibly true that it was just these two idiots

first...are they here...present??   then sling em out...publicly and noisily
secondly If they are not then they should not have ben given a platform to air such garbage
thirdly if the above IS the case then it is even MORE important that a "moderate" speaks out and tells em to bollocks, elsewise we WILL know what to think of the "moderate"
surely ONE can be found and poked into action??? or does their silence mean complicity????

No it shows how people grasp onto a story and then make itito something it is not, the points are even there are how this has been taken out of context as seen, mainly because people do not even read the articles themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 pm

listen didge....

If I stood up and said I find the face covering offensive (which i do actually) I'd be subject to 10 sorts of hell...
at best I'd be an islamophobe....if i was any sort of leader there would be riots and flag burnings and murder done....and every tom dick and harry appologist would be up there denouncing me....

here we have a situation where a "leader" (of sorts) is "westernophobic" and no one denounces them...interesting.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:listen didge....

If I stood up and said I find the face covering offensive (which i do actually) I'd be subject to 10 sorts of hell...
at best I'd be an islamophobe....if i was any sort of leader there would be riots and flag burnings and murder done....and every tom dick and harry appologist would be up there denouncing me....

here we have a situation where a "leader" (of sorts) is "westernophobic" and no one denounces them...interesting.....

That is just Like Nick Griffin saying something, does he thus speak for all of Christendom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Didge wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:listen didge....

That is just Like Nick Griffin saying something, does he thus speak for all of Christendom?

no, but the critics are soon out in force when he starts spouting.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

bump

well, since "we" you know the non whatevers of britain dont have a mouth peice with balls big enough to say what I said earlier....and since we have had, for years a suppliant and craven govt, that panders to their every whim as much as possible......

It is not unreasonable to expect the LEADERS, amongst the supposed moderates to speak up and denounce this moron. Their failure to do so says more about their REAL feelings on the subject than it does about anything else....

I find what these guys ,,,(and note the article mentions multiple persons), say, to be highly offensive.
If they dont like it why dont they just F**k off back whence they came....and take their athletes with them....

That's not even what I'm talking about, victor. It's this constant looking at a minority group to explain, condemn, whatever, the actions of someone who might happen to share a version of their religion or a similar color of skin. We don't have Christian leaders falling over themselves to explain that most Christians don't support murdering abortion doctors in the U.S., let alone sprinting to the nearest microphone to explain that someone who makes a complaint about having dogs at a sporting event isn't speaking for the global Christian community.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes but he was a leader and he is Christian, thus anything he states about Christianity which he did loads, did it lead you to condemn Christianity and Christians collectively, or the BNP party and Nick himself?
Do you see the difference?
When it is a Muslim, the person is condemned, but not his party, but his faith and Muslims per say.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 pm

@ben
just because it is better than US beer doesn't mean it is anywhere near good  Wink 
And the Real Darwin Stubby ("Stubby" means small bottle)
Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Dsc_0211-2
Don't think it s actually great Beer But Darwin is Brain melting hot  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny 

regarding the Attitudes of people... well not to be disrespectful but England is 20 years behind on the multicultural thing And a lot of the posters are older...  Cool 
when I was under 10 you'd hear old people using similar logic around here. on the flip side Eilzel being one of our youngest poster from England seems to be more Understanding/Accepting of Multiculturalism.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:31 am

Didge wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Yes but he was a leader and he is Christian, thus anything he states about Christianity which he did loads, did it lead you to condemn Christianity and Christians collectively, or the BNP party and Nick himself?
When it is a Muslim, the person is condemned, but not his party, but his faith and Muslims per say.

since islam IS "the party"....i.e it is a complet religios AND political doctrine in and of itself.....how can you seperate "a political" party from the whole...you cant....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:40 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

That's not even what I'm talking about, victor. It's this constant looking at a minority group to explain, condemn, whatever, the actions of someone who might happen to share a version of their religion or a similar color of skin. We don't have Christian leaders falling over themselves to explain that most Christians don't support murdering abortion doctors in the U.S., let alone sprinting to the nearest microphone to explain that someone who makes a complaint about having dogs at a sporting event isn't speaking for the global Christian community.

not that christians are likely to do so......?????

the rest is pure rubbish.....

living in the "christian west" I doubt few of us are aware that mainstream christianity condemns such actions as are carried out by nutters like your particular breed of "fundie". Our laws make it clear and even non christians can see its wrong.....

The minorities have been silent so long on so many issues, hiding behind EXACTLY the argument YOU use, that no one knows for sure what their mind is...especially when all too common place actions such as moslem taxi drivers and bus drivers refusing fares DO happen and we bear in mind that these people are the "man in the street type Muslim" NOT extremists what does THAT say.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:55 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Didge wrote:

since islam IS "the party"....i.e it is a complet religios AND political doctrine in and of itself.....how can you seperate "a political" party from the whole...you cant....

Sorry that is absurd, so now Christianity does not have political ideology.
That really is silly to say the least all you are doing is thus using an excuse to associate Muslims

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:05 am

How this story ever made the national press is a mystery and all it has done is give these two clowns that came out with this a platform they didn't deserve. It's not as if there was a slow news day to excuse it and they would have been better concentrating their efforts on campaigning to find out what happened to MH370 and recovering the bodies of their countrymen who may still be scattered over the countryside of Eastern Ukraine.

Idiots
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:16 am

Maybe Jock the Scottie dog was just protesting in his own way against those that say that dogs are unclean by refusing to move when told to walk round the stadium wearing the coat with the name Malaysia on it Bugger them he says if they want me to go round then they'll have to carry me - and they did.

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Z

Smile 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 am

This is now threatening to turn into an international incident with revelations from a new group called the TDL (Terrier Defence League) that Jock has defied a Fatwa.

A senior Malaysian cleric has today issued a fatwa on Jock the Scottie dog, whose refusal to cooperate with the Islamic nation's team during the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony sent shock waves through the Islamic world.

The Malaysian government's earlier condemnation of the use of dogs (considered 'unclean') to represent Muslim countries turned to anger during the ceremony when Jock sat down, refused to walk with the Malaysian team he was supposed to be representing and – watched by millions of TV viewers worldwide – had to be carried around Celtic Park, Glasgow.

In reaction to the outrage, rioting spread last night through the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur, where crowds of masked Muslim youths could be seen smashing pet shop windows, burning canine effigies and wielding placards proclaiming, "Jock burn in Hell!", "Death to Terriers!" and "Behead those who bark at Islam!"

In Britain, Scottie dogs living in Muslim areas have been put under curfew, and – in an unprecedented move – Prime Minister David Cameron has pledged to push through 'hate-bark' legislation to make yapping or growling at Muslims or peeing in mosque doorways criminal offences, punishable by up to ten years in kennels or being put to sleep.

At his home in Glasgow's East End this evening a defiant Jock prepared for walkies, flanked by his bodyguard of two Rottweilers and a Doberman. Asked by reporters if he feared being attacked by extremists Jock wagged his tail and growled, "Islami-scum? Nah, ah hate the bastards mair than tabbies. I'll gie 'em a skelp, nae bother!".

Backing up Jock's protest, the Terrier Defence League is planning a major demonstration at the Malaysian Consulate this Saturday. The TDL has received pledges of support from the Poodle, Labrador and German Shepherd communities and is expecting a bigger turnout than Crufts.

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Jock

This could get bloody nasty with disastrous consequences.

http://libertygb.org.uk/v1/index.php/home/root/news-libertygb/6512-jock-the-scottie-dog-defies-fatwa
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:09 am

Irn Bru wrote:This is now threatening to turn into an international incident with revelations from a new group called the TDL (Terrier Defence League) that Jock has defied a Fatwa.

A senior Malaysian cleric has today issued a fatwa on Jock the Scottie dog, whose refusal to cooperate with the Islamic nation's team during the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony sent shock waves through the Islamic world.

The Malaysian government's earlier condemnation of the use of dogs (considered 'unclean') to represent Muslim countries turned to anger during the ceremony when Jock sat down, refused to walk with the Malaysian team he was supposed to be representing and – watched by millions of TV viewers worldwide – had to be carried around Celtic Park, Glasgow.

In reaction to the outrage, rioting spread last night through the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur, where crowds of masked Muslim youths could be seen smashing pet shop windows, burning canine effigies and wielding placards proclaiming, "Jock burn in Hell!", "Death to Terriers!" and "Behead those who bark at Islam!"

In Britain, Scottie dogs living in Muslim areas have been put under curfew, and – in an unprecedented move – Prime Minister David Cameron has pledged to push through 'hate-bark' legislation to make yapping or growling at Muslims or peeing in mosque doorways criminal offences, punishable by up to ten years in kennels or being put to sleep.

At his home in Glasgow's East End this evening a defiant Jock prepared for walkies, flanked by his bodyguard of two Rottweilers and a Doberman. Asked by reporters if he feared being attacked by extremists Jock wagged his tail and growled, "Islami-scum? Nah, ah hate the bastards mair than tabbies. I'll gie 'em a skelp, nae bother!".

Backing up Jock's protest, the Terrier Defence League is planning a major demonstration at the Malaysian Consulate this Saturday. The TDL has received pledges of support from the Poodle, Labrador and German Shepherd communities and is expecting a bigger turnout than Crufts.

Commonwealth Games Scottie dogs 'disrespectful to Muslims' Jock

This could get bloody nasty with disastrous consequences.

http://libertygb.org.uk/v1/index.php/home/root/news-libertygb/6512-jock-the-scottie-dog-defies-fatwa

Scarface Claw from Donaldson's dairy has given his total support.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:10 pm

^Irn......that has MADE my day.....woof x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:15 pm

Love scotties. Wife used to have one.

Damn they are fighters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down