NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform'

+6
Original Quill
nicko
Lone Wolf
moll
Raggamuffin
Irn Bru
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform' - Page 2 Empty Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform'

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Diabetic David Clapson, 59, died with just £3.44 left in his account after his Jobseeker’s Allowance was axed because he missed an appointment

A diabetic ex-soldier died starving and skint after officials axed his benefits.

David Clapson, 59, was stripped of the cash after missing an ­appointment under harsh Coalition reforms.

He died in Stevenage, Herts, with just £3.44 left in his account.

David once faced death on a daily basis as he served his country loyally in the terror hell of Northern Ireland.

And when he left the Army he went straight into the ­workplace with BT before becoming a full-time carer for his sick mother.

After she went into a home, diabetic David turned to the state for help while he looked for work.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/killed-benefits-cuts-starving-soldier-3923771#ixzz38nKBoGfA

What an absolutely shocking end to the life of a young man who served his country.

He didn't deserve that - he really didn't deserve that.

Grrrrrrrrr

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform' - Page 2 Empty Re: Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform'

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:17 am

I thought this was a debate forum. At least, that's what I set it up as. Apparently it's not OK to assert yourself too strongly, though. OK, Raggs -- you're right, and I will immediately report to my nearest church (we've got one for every 50 people where I live) and admit that I am such a bastard, I think my opinions are justified. Better?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform' - Page 2 Empty Re: Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform'

Post by Irn Bru Tue May 12, 2015 1:04 am

Whilst we are on about scum and those who served this country this thread was strangely silent in condemning how this lad died not even a show of compassion.

All his fault was it?

Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform' - Page 2 David-Clapson-when-he-was-011
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 am

It is, and there are so many cases like his, and with the 'government' (I type that word loosely) we have now and the policies they say they are going to impliment (well, loosely again as they wouldn't actually tell us where the cuts are going to fall, but it's not likely to be on the rich) the list of those dying just because they are sick or poor will be endless. But never hey, cos those who voted Tory have shown they don't give a flying fuck as long as they are ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 12, 2015 8:19 am

sphinx wrote:The Mirror is printing half a story as usual.

The fact is that if someone on jobseekers misses an appointment their benefits are only sanctioned until they do attend  with it being extended only for those who have done it before.  That is unless there is a good reason for missing the appointment in which case no sanctions are applied and all monies backdated.

So why did he miss the appointment?  Why did he not reschedule an appointment as soon as his money stopped?

I mean yes this guy is salt of the earth innocent - but what about those who are wasters and who did used to miss appointments left right and centre - how are the job centre staff supposed to know who can be let off missing appointments and who should be sanctioned for it?

Exactly.

And of course it's half a story. It's the half they want you to hear.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 12, 2015 8:25 am

Irn Bru wrote:Whilst we are on about scum and those who served this country this thread was strangely silent in condemning how this lad died not even a show of compassion.

All his fault was it?

Killed by benefits cuts: Starving soldier died 'as result of Iain Duncan Smith's welfare reform' - Page 2 David-Clapson-when-he-was-011

He wasn't a lad at the time of his death, he was 59.

Just saying.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Irn, surely you are not blaming the Tories for this, are you?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 9:51 pm

risingsun wrote:It is, and there are so many cases like his, and with the 'government' (I type that word loosely) we have now and the policies they say they are going to impliment (well, loosely again as they wouldn't actually tell us where the cuts are going to fall, but it's not likely to be on the rich) the list of those dying just because they are sick or poor will be endless.   But never hey, cos those who voted Tory have shown they don't give a flying fuck as long as they are ok.

I agree with you on this 100% the tories are cruel and care only for the rich .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2