NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islamophobic Trolling On Twitter Is Absolutely Rampant In Britain

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Islamophobic Trolling On Twitter Is Absolutely Rampant In Britain - Page 2 Empty Islamophobic Trolling On Twitter Is Absolutely Rampant In Britain

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Islamophobia is “rampant” on social media and affects even the tamest online debates when Muslims attempt to engage, new research has suggested.

The Birmingham City University report ‘Online Hate Against Muslims on Social Media' said the three most common phrases used to attack Twitter users were ‘Muslim paedos’, Muslim terrorists’ and ‘Muslim scum’.

The research analysed three hashtags – #Woolwich, #Muslim and #Islam. The majority of tweets (72%) were posted by males and over 75% of the tweets examined displayed a strong Islamophobic feeling. On September 11, 2013, the hashtag #FuckMuslims was trending, the research pointed out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/04/islamophobia-online_n_5557632.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Islamophobic Trolling On Twitter Is Absolutely Rampant In Britain - Page 2 Empty Re: Islamophobic Trolling On Twitter Is Absolutely Rampant In Britain

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:29 am

I'm sure that if Cameron was OTT tough on immigration, toff or not, he would have the backing of many more who have joined the UKIP ranks.

This is what is pissing off so many ex Tory...and how they now kiss the backside of Farage, quite obvious.

Back to top Go down

Islamophobic Trolling On Twitter Is Absolutely Rampant In Britain - Page 2 Empty Re: Islamophobic Trolling On Twitter Is Absolutely Rampant In Britain

Post by scrat Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:38 am

Shady wrote:
scrat wrote:
Good evening Commander,

You're quite correct, UKIP are setting the agenda, banging the drum and placing the heat, although interestingly the facade chap appears mostly in stealth mode.

If Scotland vote for independence, England will split and facade could well be the next prime minister,,,,god fucking help us!!!

I don't believe that England will split as you describe.Sure there'll be the usual huge & over the top media hype but after a while things will calm down because they will have to.

As for facade (I presume you mean Farage?),the advantage he has over Milliband is that too many of the public don't rate him as a future PM. Regarding Cameron,well too many of the public see him as a liar,a toff & untrustworthy (which is how I feel about him). And Glegg is irrelevant.

Farage is seen as a credible alternative to those three & who can blame people for thinking like that?
Your presumptions are also correct, Facade is particularly appealing to the English, he smokes, he drinks and he will carry more than a third of the vote.

If Scotland goes on it's own, many of the English will vote for facade to protect our own financial interests.

This will become unacceptable to many on the left, myself included, and unless the left fight back,,,we will leave Europe and fester in our own filth.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 am

scrat wrote:
Shady wrote:

I don't believe that England will split as you describe.Sure there'll be the usual huge & over the top media hype but after a while things will calm down because they will have to.

As for facade (I presume you mean Farage?),the advantage he has over Milliband is that too many of the public don't rate him as a future PM. Regarding Cameron,well too many of the public see him as a liar,a toff & untrustworthy (which is how I feel about him). And Glegg is irrelevant.

Farage is seen as a credible alternative to those three & who can blame people for thinking like that?
Your presumptions are also correct, Facade is particularly appealing to the English, he smokes, he drinks and he will carry more than a third of the vote.

If Scotland goes on it's own, many of the English will vote for facade to protect our own financial interests.

This will become unacceptable to many on the left, myself included, and unless the left fight back,,,we will leave Europe and fester in our own filth.

Think you are wrong Scrat, there was only a 39% turn out for the European elections and Farage only got 25% of the 39%, that ain't much and many interviewed said they would never vote UKIP in a national election.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:57 am

Sassy wrote:
scrat wrote:

Think you are wrong Scrat, there was only a 39% turn out for the European elections and Farage only got 25% of the 39%, that ain't much and many interviewed said they would never vote UKIP in a national election.
Hi Sassy, yep I could be wrong, but you must remember that I'm proud to be both British and English, and I would struggle with the nationalistic instincts of the Scots. In my mind, this is our island, and we're all ,,,regardless of anything and everything,,,,British.

The Scots temper us, without them we will look in ourselves, you might be right, that could be a positive aspect!,,,,
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:10 am

scrat wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Hi Sassy, yep I could be wrong, but you must remember that I'm proud to be both British and English, and I would struggle with the nationalistic instincts of the Scots. In my mind, this is our island, and we're all ,,,regardless of anything and everything,,,,British.

The Scots temper us, without them we will look in ourselves, you might be right, that could be a positive aspect!,,,,

My OH is a Scot, who started off saying we should stay together, the worse this Government has got, the nearer he has got to saying vote for independence and we'll move up there.

I actually think for us it would be a disaster, for them it would be the best thing, especially now they have found the new oil field, did a thread on it in UK News a while ago, they'd be sitting pretty.

I'll be surprised if Farage gets two seats in the elections next year. And I'm on the Labour Party forums plugging for all kinds of policies and so are a lot of people, and we get plenty of response back. They are listening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:14 am

listening...then chucking it in the bin...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:18 am

Sassy, that's the way I've been thinking too...I don't want Scotland to leave Britain...I never have but it's the thought of having another RW government of toffs for years to come that puts me off, and just imagine if there was a real possibility of UKIP governing soon.... What a Face What a Face ...then that would really seal the deal for me, obviously I would never want any part of that lot to govern Britain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:43 am

I think the temptation is to view UKIP and the Tea Party movement as analogous to one another, but I'm starting to think that UKIP actually has more in common with the Ron Paul movement in the U.S. -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_Ron_Paul_movement

Like Farage, Ron Paul's supporters practically hero-worshiped the guy and his name became practically synonymous with their answer to all America's problems. Like Farage, Ron Paul meant very different things to different people -- there were anti-war protesters and White Supremacists in the Ron Paul camp.

Like Farage and UKIP, the Ron Paul movement seemed like it had momentum, and like UKIP, the Ron Paul movement had some sporadic victories here and there. For a time in Iowa, a pretty important state in U.S. national politics, the whole state Republican machine was taken over by folks from the Ron Paul camp.

I think that ultimately though, UKIP will go the same route as the Ron Paul movement -- i.e., nowhere. I liken it to how you might say in times of frustration, "You know what? Fuck it, I'm uprooting to the opposite side of the world and starting a whole new life," and how you never actually do that. People might get angry at things they see the EU doing and fantasize about Farage pissing his pants and laughing at the lot of them, but most people sober up and get practical when it gets down to brass tacks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 am

Sassy wrote:
scrat wrote:

My OH is a Scot, who started off saying we should stay together, the worse this Government has got, the nearer he has got to saying vote for independence and we'll move up there.

I actually think for us it would be a disaster, for them it would be the best thing, especially now they have found the new oil field, did a thread on it in UK News a while ago, they'd be sitting pretty.

I'll be surprised if Farage gets two seats in the elections next year.   And I'm on the Labour Party forums plugging for all kinds of policies and so are a lot of people, and we get plenty of response back.  They are listening.  
Morning Sassy, The Scots have enough coal and oil that's for sure, if money is the object, then the future might appear bright, although no longer being British might also take away the shine.

scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:23 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think the temptation is to view UKIP and the Tea Party movement as analogous to one another, but I'm starting to think that UKIP actually has more in common with the Ron Paul movement in the U.S. -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_Ron_Paul_movement

Like Farage, Ron Paul's supporters practically hero-worshiped the guy and his name became practically synonymous with their answer to all America's problems. Like Farage, Ron Paul meant very different things to different people -- there were anti-war protesters and White Supremacists in the Ron Paul camp.

Like Farage and UKIP, the Ron Paul movement seemed like it had momentum, and like UKIP, the Ron Paul movement had some sporadic victories here and there. For a time in Iowa, a pretty important state in U.S. national politics, the whole state Republican machine was taken over by folks from the Ron Paul camp.

I think that ultimately though, UKIP will go the same route as the Ron Paul movement -- i.e., nowhere. I liken it to how you might say in times of frustration, "You know what? Fuck it, I'm uprooting to the opposite side of the world and starting a whole new life," and how you never actually do that. People might get angry at things they see the EU doing and fantasize about Farage pissing his pants and laughing at the lot of them, but most people sober up and get practical when it gets down to brass tacks.

....I really enjoyed reading that post Ben, and I think your dead right , especially the sober up when it comes brass tacks part.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Puzzler Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Who gives a shit about so called islamophobia on twitter, when there are at least 10,000 Islamic extremists living in this country who want to do the rest of us great harm? That is the real question, Ben et al. While Muslims might have to worry about dickheads chatting shit online, or getting people locked up for putting bacon outside a mosque(a stupid thing but no way deserving of a custodial sentence, especially when extremely violent offenders walk free from court with slaps on the wrist all the time), us infidels have to worry about where the next Muslim terror attack will come from, about Islamist infiltration of our schools, rampant radicalisation and forced conversions in our prisons, hate preachers able to brainwash other Muslims with impunity, the list goes on and on.
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:06 pm

:asboredas: :asboredas: 

Back to top Go down

Post by The Puzzler Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Ever ask yourself why Hinduphobia and Sikhophobia aren't a thing? Islamophobia is a nice little buzzword for the liberal left but it doesn't tackle the underlying issue which is the incompatability of Islam with British society. Especially Sunni and its cousin Wahhabi Islam, the most practiced forms in Britain.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2662726/Radical-Sunni-Islamists-face-jail-attack-group-Shiites-case-Muslim-sectarian-violence-Britain.html
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:28 pm

The Puzzler wrote:Ever ask yourself why Hinduphobia and Sikhophobia aren't a thing? Islamophobia is a nice little buzzword for the liberal left but it doesn't tackle the underlying issue which is the incompatability of Islam with British society. Especially Sunni and its cousin Wahhabi Islam, the most practiced forms in Britain.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2662726/Radical-Sunni-Islamists-face-jail-attack-group-Shiites-case-Muslim-sectarian-violence-Britain.html

Well there is such a thing as Christianophobia, there is such a thing as antisemitism, because some people think it is acceptable to be hateful, so where does that leave your claim?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Oh and there is such a thing as Sikhophobia.

http://americanturban.com/2012/07/11/lets-call-it-what-it-is-sikhophobia/

And also hinduphobia

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Hinduphobia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2