NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failure to protect girls from FGM is 'ongoing national scandal', MPs say

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Failure to protect girls from FGM is 'ongoing national scandal', MPs say - Page 2 Empty Failure to protect girls from FGM is 'ongoing national scandal', MPs say

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:39 am

First topic message reminder :

The failure of successive governments to protect vulnerable girls from female genital mutilation is an "ongoing national scandal", according to a report by MPs published on Thursday.
The cross-party Commons home affairs select committee calls for schools to lose funding if their headteachers do not read guidance issued earlier this year following a Guardian campaign.
After hearing from victims, health and social workers, police and lawyers the MPs also said there was a case for emulating the French model by checking up regularly on at-risk children,but they stopped short of endorsing mandatory gynaecological checks. It is estimated that 24,000 girls under the age of 15 are at risk of female genital mutilation in the UK.
Keith Vaz, the committee's Labour chairman, said victims had been badly let down. "FGM is an ongoing national scandal which is likely to have resulted in the preventable mutilation of thousands of girls to whom the state owed a duty of care," he said.
"Successive governments, politicians, the police, health, education and social care sectors should all share responsibility for the failure in recent years to respond adequately to the growing prevalence of FGM in the UK."
The MPs welcomed the decision taken by the education secretary,Michael Gove, to write to all schools in England and Wales warning them of the dangers of FGM, after a Guardian-backed petition attracted more than 230,000 signatures this year.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jul/03/female-genital-mutilation-failure-protect-girls-national-scandal-mp-report

Excellent idea, I also think something should also happen to GP's and Hospitals who fail to notify the authorities also

Back to top Go down

Failure to protect girls from FGM is 'ongoing national scandal', MPs say - Page 2 Empty Re: Failure to protect girls from FGM is 'ongoing national scandal', MPs say

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:you only guessed that in context of the thread......

he is a Pathan...and if you are honest you would agree that actually he looks more grecian than anything...

which is hardly surprising considering the pathan heritage....

and Yes pathans do have blone haired blue eyed members as well......

But sexy mama does not have blonde hair or blue eyes

She lied like a cheap watch

Back to top Go down

Failure to protect girls from FGM is 'ongoing national scandal', MPs say - Page 2 Empty Re: Failure to protect girls from FGM is 'ongoing national scandal', MPs say

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:29 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:you only guessed that in context of the thread......

he is a Pathan...and if you are honest you would agree that actually he looks more grecian than anything...

which is hardly surprising considering the pathan heritage....

and Yes pathans do have blone haired blue eyed members as well......

A NAAFI one, per chance?  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:09 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Bless 'em, get two ratty men together and they turn into a pack (you are not included in that Victor lol)

No don't b silly lol

I have always liked Victor Wink

even though I'm a cranky old islamophobe???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:17 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

No don't b silly lol

I have always liked Victor Wink

even though I'm a cranky old islamophobe???

You come from a different standpoint Victor. I disagree with you, and would argue like hell against it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

A NAAFI one, per chance?   ::D:: 

Not at all like my trusty ten pound casio  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2