NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets?

+5
jaded fox
veya_victaous
Cass
eddie
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets? - Page 2 Empty Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets?

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've been reading a few articles about this, and I have to come down on the tablet side, for a number of reasons. The biggest is that I think tablets have the ability to be effective educational tools in ways that print books will never achieve -- integrating text, animation, audio and game-like exercises into a single app.

Some people worry about the expense, and it's an issue, but that seems like it creates a huge market for a rugged, child-friendly tablet that can be used for, say, up to 10 years. Or even help in the push for modular mobile devices that can be continuously repaired rather than replaced. Imagine the difference between science instructional materials on a 10-year-old tablet that can be updated on the fly vs. a 10-year-old science textbook. When Pluto was demoted, how many millions of textbooks became instantly wrong? Whereas on a tablet, that information could be updated with a few keystrokes. Educational apps can also be continuously updated with free-for-educational-purposes material from a variety of sources, like YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/user/teachers

I think using the tablet itself would be educational, getting kids ready for a world in which they'll be expected to be able to use mobile devices on the job. I use my smartphone for a work-related task nearly every single day (including weekends).

There are other issues, such as heavy backpacks full of textbooks being unhealthy for kids to lug around, where a tablet could weigh under a kilogram and 3,500 e-books weighs the same as a single molecule of DNA (a tidbit I picked up in my readings on the topic).

Of course, some of the cons include the fact that not all students have Wi-Fi access at home, the fact that tablets are popular targets for theft, the potential for tablets to be abused ... But I think the same economic factors that are driving down the price of tablets themselves could help on things like making sure the tablets have a 3G connection so there's no need for Wi-Fi, etc.

What do you think?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets?

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:06 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:A modular tablet could save a lot on lifetime costs. Considering the expense of textbooks that Veya noted, that budget could easily pay for the distribution of tablets, which would only require maintenance and occasional replacement if they were ruggedized and modular.
Not even a problem if you have technocrats, as you can negotiate insane deals when you are looking at not only 100,000's of units but also to train the next generation in the use of their products.

Plus the interactive learning possibilities are enormous. Kids learning to read could tap difficult words and have them spoken, defined, used in example sentences, etc.
we already have so much more than that when you combine smart boards and cloud storage we are getting close to 'magic'. kids can literally click and be given entire video tutorials. part of the goal is to allow kids to work past their school grade, if they have an interest we want to make as much information available as possible. As we get more teachers making content we get even more out there. Often considered one of the best features is the teacher resource sharing, Now if one teacher is exceptional at teaching a certain subject matter their lesson can go out to every student in the state even if they go to a school thousands of kilometers away

People talk about the wear and tear (and hacking attempts) that would be involved in issuing tablets to students, but have the parents sign a form that says they could be held liable for the cost of replacement or repair and see how well those tablets are taken care of ...
hacking is non-issue, if you have technocrats as we just hack back which is beyond simple when you are the Administrator Wink
wear and tear is fact of life and generally no worse than textbooks. it is less of an issue than you would think (about a quarter of a million netbooks are with students in my state) simply because the devices are under warranty like int he first point "Insane contracts" which include 4 year warranty which is the expected life frame of a netbook

look at some old videos using the last generation of smart board software ( i cant find any new ones on youtube)

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets?

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:59 am

Remember when it was ink-wells, pen nibs and ink stains over clothes and hands which took ages to get off.

Laughing

I remember when text books were handed out in school that had been handed on from year to year and it was interesting to note on the inside cover all the names of the pupils that had had them before you did.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:52 am

perhaps we should just give them computers that do their lessons for them then their exams, then the computers can have the jobs the kids can have four kids and a council house of their own and live happily ever after..

I assume we are trying to produce more and more dumb people, it will ultimately make control easier...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Veya you are wrong on many levels.

Even in English literature we are studying writings from decades or even centuries ago.

You don't need any tech tablets to learn basic arithmetic or any other core subjects.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Veya you are wrong on many levels.

Even in English literature we are studying writings from decades or even centuries ago.

You don't need any tech tablets to learn basic arithmetic or any other core subjects.

You completely lack imagination and cling to outmoded customs like a baby with a security blanket.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Change for the sake of change and at enormous expense is stupid when existing tried and tested methods are proven to produce good results.

Seeing the same information on a tech tablet doesn't change the actual information itself or make it any better.

It's just another expensive thing to go wrong.

I remember someone making the joke once about how NASA spent millions trying to design a pen That could work in space... while the Russians just used a pencil!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:58 pm

It's not change merely for change's sake, it's change in order to save money, use fewer resources and dramatically enhance learning. You fear change to the point that you disregard all advantages, and figure if it was "good enough" for a miserable old cuss like yourself (highly debatable to say the least), it's good enough for generations to come. Screw the "good enough" approach, I want innovation.

I'd like to see kids learning faster, deeper and more completely, myself. It's not like we don't keep adding things you need to know about.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:28 pm

Over the last 20-30 years we have had increasing tech and lowering levels of education standards.

Plus .. govt IT projects are notoriously bad and eye wateringly expensive to set up and maintaining all this proposed innovation will also be extremely expensive and problematic... for negligible if any gain in standards.

And I'm only 43!!!

Plus it is best to have A solid foundation in education to build on and that can be done with simple blackboard and chalk with students using pen and paper.

And before you start waffling on about our standards being higher than ever here in UK... it is simply a lie!

We have dropped down international tables and have A level and university graduates who can't perform simple reading writing and arithmetic properly.

There was a programme on The other night showing wide spread fixing of grades and lenient marking of coursework to improve student grades to then get school a better standing in league tables.

A few years ago there was an experiment where some of our A level students were given some old O level papers to do and they all failed miserably!!!

1+1 is always 2 and it won't change regardless of being written on a board in chalk or presented by a show of dancing girls!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

You completely lack imagination and cling to outmoded customs like a baby with a security blanket.

I agree change can be for the good Ben, but honestly, children still need to learn to read and write with ordinary methods. There's nothing wrong with pencil and paper.

It teaches us to respect words and language IMO
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:affraid

THERE ARE already far too many tablets finding their way into classrooms down here in Oz  !!!

I RECKON it's time that more tablets were phased out and replaced with good ol' textbooks..

NOT ONLY easier on the eyes, but books also last a lot longer than tablets, especially under your usual classroom conditions..

ALSO, we need a return to actually teaching children the "6 R's" (Readin', 'riting', 'rithmetic, respect, rebelliousness and rioting..) ~ no computers until Year 2 and no tablets until Year 4 !

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets? - Page 2 2728977919

100% agree
Good,post
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Agree wolf.

This is one subject we are absolutely in agreement on.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:33 pm

I agree too.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 pm

For fuck's sake, nobody's saying that we don't teach reading, writing and arithmetic just because we use new technology to do so ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:For fuck's sake, nobody's saying that we don't teach reading, writing and arithmetic just because we use new technology to do so ...

No, it's the actual physical act of writing I'm arguing against Ben.
Already we see language being phased out with numbers; M8 (mate) being just one tiny example.
Teens are forgetting how to spell!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Basic education only needs basic instruments to learn.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:For fuck's sake, nobody's saying that we don't teach reading, writing and arithmetic just because we use new technology to do so ...

No, it's the actual physical act of writing I'm arguing against Ben.
Already we see language being phased out with numbers; M8 (mate) being just one tiny example.
Teens are forgetting how to spell!!

actually language has evolved(as it constantly between every generation) it is far more efficient and conveys the exact same information, Past language was Wrong modern spelling using number and letters is correct. simply people in the past never wrote enough to develop correct language, the average teen sends more written communication in 3 hours than the average person in the 1950's did in an entire year. In about a week they sends as many written communication as the person from the 1950's did in the their entire lives.

the persons from the 1950's never wrote enough to develop efficient language. This is evolution, humans are adapting to the new environment of needing to send Vastly more written communications than they did in the past.

AND such strict adherence to spelling is essential discriminatory against those not raised with English as their primary language as we become a global community you cannot enforce it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:37 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I agree change can be for the good Ben, but honestly, children still need to learn to read and write with ordinary methods. There's nothing wrong with pencil and paper.

It teaches us to respect words and language IMO

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets? - Page 2 1284863816

YEP !!!

eddie is on the right track..

NOT ONLY should students be taught how to read and write and count before moving on to computers;  but also :

learn some basic history and geography before studying "politics",
learn how to use a map and compass before learning to rely on GPS systems,
learn some basic science before tackling technology, "personal development", psychology and the like,
have commerce and economics made prerequisites for "business studies"..

AND make all year 10, 11 and 12 students study maths and science subjects, as well as English !

soapbox

LOLZ
dumb ass
you can tell you were educated before Australia became an education leader BY INSTITUTING the largest technological education system in the western world!

we already are getting the advantages over the British fools like Tommy. Because THIS IS NOT THE FUTURE this is MODERN AUSTRALIA we already have this, we are looking at the Next post tablet step.

Currently working towards Education cloud technologies...

http://thewarrencentre.org.au/technology-educator-steps-up-to-nsw-board-of-studies/
“Also, every child in NSW has to do a minimum of 200 hours of technology studies in the junior school. It is the only western education system that I know of where this is mandatory,” he said.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 am

You don't need pencils and text books if you have tablets
Tablets are cheaper
that is FACT this is literally MY Job for over half a decade now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets? - Page 2 Edinde10
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 am

Wolf do you appreciate the fact that many classroom in our state now have better technology than the Classroom in the SCI-FI Star trek????

it sucks that I am not allowed to go into the details of my job But our Public education system is already in revolution we Will be world leaders by and even greater lead because we are pushing the envelope, while others dither and pine for a lost age of compressed tree pulp and graphite filled wooden sticks we are going forward (like the kangaroo and emu should)
geek
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 am

A pen and paper with decent teachers and blackboards and chalk and The occasional text books and print outs are all that's needed.

Much cheaper and more efficient than the expensive tablets and ensuing backroom IT networks and infrastructure and systems could ever be.

And let's face it... either way is only going to be showing the same information to be learned.

As I said previously... we have had increasing tech over recent decades and declining standards.

Plus what about the carbon footprint, pollution caused in manufactur etc, and extra electricity needed to power all this network of duplicity!?

Seems the climate change argument only applies sometimes to the lefties...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:39 am

Tommy Monk wrote:A pen and paper with decent teachers and blackboards and chalk and The occasional text books and print outs are all that's needed.
Much cheaper and more efficient than the expensive tablets and ensuing backroom IT networks and infrastructure and systems could ever be.
And let's face it... either way is only going to be showing the same information to be learned.

NOT a single part of the above is correct
But PLEASE get the UK to keep its primitive education. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

As I said previously... we have had increasing tech over recent decades and declining standards. WRONG your standards are still higher You need to get FACTS Tommy don't make me defend the UK by telling you that YOU HAVE NOT SUCKED THAT MUCH. As displayed in table above your still going up just not as fast or as high as nations like Australia that have embraced technological education revolution

Plus what about the carbon footprint, pollution caused in manufactur etc, and extra electricity needed to power all this network of duplicity!?
Solar cells we are putting them in schools too Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

LOL it takes more energy to make a book Cool Cool Tommy Please you are making things up this is my profession.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:39 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:A pen and paper with decent teachers and blackboards and chalk and The occasional text books and print outs are all that's needed.

But PLEASE get the UK to keep its primitive education.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  

As I said previously... we have had increasing tech over recent decades and declining standards. WRONG your standards are still higher You need to get FACTS Tommy don't make me defend the UK by telling you that YOU HAVE NOT SUCKED THAT MUCH. As displayed in table above your still going up just not as fast or as high as nations like Australia that have embraced technological education revolution

Solar cells we are putting them in schools too  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

LOL it takes more energy to make a book  Cool  Cool Tommy Please you are making things up this is my profession.  

Firstly veya, our education standards have declined in recent decades, don't be fooled by the increasing exam results as all that has been happening really is they have been getting made easier every year and students now leave with a string of qualifications but struggle with basic numeracy and literacy.

Plenty of evidence out there to support this... even businesses are complaining about it!

Secondly, the cost of a shit load of new tech and IT infrastructure and backroom servers and software etc can never be cheaper than the already existing black boards text books.

Plus solar panels don't come out of thin air, they also Have their manufacturing costs to the environment and financially .

1+1 is still going to equal 2 no matter whether being shown on a blackboard in chalk or in any other format or device.

You say you are involved in this 'business' so no wonder you are pushing this as being better.

But I don't buy it.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:08 pm

I think teachers are under pressure to get results, good pass grades for students, the current trend is to teach the kids to pass exams rather than teach the subject so they can pass the exams..

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Judging by the answers I see given on quiz shows the younger generation is sadly missing in general knowledge and maths.AS for maths you can't beat the old method of reciting your tables every morning, once learned never forgotten!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:11 pm

There was a channel 4 documentary the other night showing schools and teachers cheating the exam system by lenient marking and helping students etc.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There was a channel 4 documentary the other night showing schools and teachers cheating the exam system by lenient marking and helping students etc.

One of my best friends has just quit his job as a teacher because he cannot teach the subject the way it should be taught, he has to make sure they pass, he claims that most the kids passing exams at the moment will have little or no knowledge of the subject after leaving the school..

An exam used to be an examination of the student to prove they understand the subject, not that they know how to copy and paste homework.. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:38 pm

Exactly hf.

Check out the channel 4 doc, can probably find it on catch up tv some how or probably on youtube.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Exactly hf.

Check out the channel 4 doc, can probably find it on catch up tv some how or probably on youtube.

i'll have to have a look tommy, thanks.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:11 pm

It was only on a few days ago... think it was dispatches documentary...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jun/15/cheating-rife-in-uk-education-system-dispatches-investigation-shows

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/secondaryeducation/11675594/An-Academy-school-faked-their-exam-results-by-cheating-my-daughter-out-of-an-education.html

The programme is called "'Exams: Cheating the System?" And I think you can watch it on channel 4 web site.

Or maybe find it on YouTube... cutting just had a quick look and can only find a 1 min clip.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

But PLEASE get the UK to keep its primitive education.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  

Solar cells we are putting them in schools too  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

LOL it takes more energy to make a book  Cool  Cool Tommy Please you are making things up this is my profession.  

Firstly veya, our education standards have declined in recent decades, don't be fooled by the increasing exam results as all that has been happening really is they have been getting made easier every year and students now leave with a string of qualifications but struggle with basic numeracy and literacy.

Plenty of evidence out there to support this... even businesses are complaining about it!

Secondly, the cost of a shit load of new tech and IT infrastructure and backroom servers and software etc can never be cheaper than the already existing black boards text books.

Plus solar panels don't come out of thin air, they also Have their manufacturing costs to the environment and financially .

1+1 is still going to equal 2 no matter whether being shown on a blackboard in chalk or in any other format or device.

You say you are involved in this 'business' so no wonder you are pushing this as being better.

But I don't buy it.

NO Tommy they are number based on literacy rates at the End of school based on UN study NOT you internal school results (obviously since how would that be comparable to other nations Suspect )

You are getting better Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Jesus Christ Embarassed Embarassed YOU have played me Make me defend the British Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Yes believe a Tabloid news program as opposed to UN study Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you wonder why you need Modern Education based around analysis instead of repetition of what you are told tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Not sure what you're getting at veya... but every year here in UK we see record pass rates in exams while employers are increasingly complaining that the same graduates are showing less and less ability in basic numeracy and literacy skills although still having acquired the qualifications to show competency.

Exams have been continually and consistently dumbed down over recent years and decades with most being made modular and relying increasingly heavily on course work which is marked in house by teachers in the schools... then combine this with a league table system for the schools themselves where they have A vested interest in kids getting better results to improve their own standing and you have A system where the schools themselves start boosting up grades and being more and more lenient on marking.

This has been seen in real life over years but denied... the documentary I mentioned opens the lid on some of The shit that is really going on and has been for years.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:06 am

those same employer that have been cutting training expense, lowering wages and expecting a higher level employee as a casual.

AND every generation does the same Because OLD people suck that is just fact
Old people always complain about the generation before and say they were better when clearly progress show they where not We can literally see this all the way back in ancient Greece.

AND your businesses are clearly MUCH worse than the past so maybe it is them shifting the blame for their own failure to keep up with the modern world.

Reality is every generation is better than the last. It is denied because when people actually take number is it proven untrue it is JUST OLD PEOPLE BRAINS they don't like change and young people represent Change it is not they are wrong they are doing things the new way. you economy is dropping because your BUSINESS are failing to adapt to the new way and blaming the people they should be following.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:those same employer that have been cutting training expense, lowering wages and expecting a higher level employee as a casual.

No, employers selecting young people on The basis of qualifications and expecting a certain level of competence only to be expected from someone who has achieved said qualifications, willing to then invest in progressing them further only to find they are failing in basic numeracy and literacy skills and then wanting to know how our exam system can be awarding so many people with such high grades in multiple subjects when they not only know very little about each vocation but are also lacking in these fundamental numeracy and literacy skills!?

Companies are increasingly finding that they are having to first educate these youngsters in these core fundamentals that they should already have A high standard in if their claimed qualification is to be in any way legitimate.

AND every generation does the same Because OLD people suck that is just fact
Old people always complain about the generation before and say they were better when clearly progress show they where not We can literally see this all the way back in ancient Greece.

Not at all in this case... surely you would expect a school leaver with a string of high grade passes in multiple subjects to be able to do basic spelling and arithmetic etc!?

Plus I've already said how a few years ago, a group of 'Advanced level (A level)' maths students were given some old 'ordinary level' (O level) maths papers to do, and they all failed dismally!!!

Maths doesn't change and given that these A level students had already passed the O level equivalent exams with flying colours... you would have expected much more from them if the exams were really of same standards!?

AND your businesses are clearly MUCH worse than the past so maybe it is them shifting the blame for their own failure to keep up with the modern world.

Reality is every generation is better than the last. It is denied because when people actually take number is it proven untrue it is JUST OLD PEOPLE BRAINS they don't like change and young people represent Change it is not they are wrong they are doing things the new way. you economy is dropping because your BUSINESS are failing to adapt to the new way and blaming the people they should be following.

Yes... it must be all the slightly older people who are wrong and all the new lot who can't read, write, spell, add up properly are all really geniuses!!!

When what is more likely is that these bright young things have been getting their old parents to do their homework and copy and pasting the rest from internet and passed exams without knowing a thing about the relative subjects!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 am

Fine I am not going to argue anymore England is Full of Dumbshit Uneducated idiots and they wish to Continue the Exact same system they have because it has had the results they desire.
IS that you point. You have not implemented education technology so the failure of current is due to the failure of the OLD SYSTEM.

Honestly this is not a debate WE are already done it we are already gaining from it we are Already Getting Further ahead of the UK because of it. If the English are dumb enough to think they can keep the old fashion primitive ways and keep up with the rest of humanity they will deserve it when we declare the land Terra Nullius.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:30 am

Should Schools Phase Out Textbooks in Favor of Tablets? - Page 2 9jMsTzE
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:40 am

Our education system has been in decline for more than one generation... so now we have idiots in charge and trying to implement increasing idiocy into it.

And you didn't answer a single point...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:55 am

Cause maybe England is that Shit house, I don't know Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect You guys seem to be crap at everything.
How the fuck did you ever have an empire???? confused confused confused

Anyway Handwriting has just officially became Obsolete.

Victor would appreciate this borrows a lot of components from a CNC router
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:16 am

Leftie ideology has been in play here for quite some time now...

Success and achievement is deemed as being 'unequal' and divisive as it is not 'inclusive' enough...

People are now no longer allowed to do better than anyone else regardless of effort or intellect... all must be 'winners'... which means all must only be allowed to succeed at the same level of The ones who don't succeed at all.

The lowest common denominator is the set benchmark of allowed success rate... all in the name of equality mind!!!

How very 'progressive'...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:37 am

@TM
no it is not YOU Still have the NON-PROGRESSIVE system, That means you still have the RW system.

Fuck me, Keep posting to prove That the English Education system is so shit that You cant follow basic logic and only can repeat misinformation as that is all you have done in this thread.

the UK is NOT PROGRESSIVE!!!! it is the OPPOSITE of progressive. It is the a cluster fuck of traditional conservative ideals NOT PROGRESSIVE AT ALL
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:Cause maybe England is that Shit house, I don't know Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect You guys seem to be crap at everything.
How the fuck did you ever have an empire????  confused confused confused

Anyway Handwriting has just officially became Obsolete.

Victor would appreciate this borrows a lot of components from a CNC router

what racist, bigot you are..

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Veya does not like us, he's more intelligent than us ignorant Brits. [ HE LIKES TO TELL US] I WONDER IF HE KNOWS WHAT A PLONKER IS?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:scratch

NEITHER the English nor the British people can be considered to be separate "races", heavenly'.

SO, WHERE'S the implied "racism" in veya's insults ?

I believe "nationalism"/"nationalist" is the more correct term for your blast against veya there..  
Just saying...

What a Face

I stand corrected, xenophobic, bigot, will that do... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:35 pm

And just WHAT are you going to do when the technology fails

when some nation or other perfects a purely EMP bomb?

or we get hit with a nice juicy solar flare

and all the precious tech goes up in smoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:13 pm

mentor wrote:And just WHAT are you going to do when the technology fails

when some nation or other perfects a purely EMP bomb?

or we get hit with a nice juicy solar flare

and all the precious tech goes up in smoke

Well, I'd think that schools transitioning to a higher-tech approach to education would still hang onto their textbooks in the case of something like that happening.

If it happened years later, there's still print-on-demand technology at many bookstores and libraries. It might be tough to adjust at first but if we had to go back to low-tech education, we could.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next