NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets

2 posters

Go down

Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets Empty Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets Whippetecstasy

A dog almost died after eating a bag of blue heart-shaped ecstasy tablets.

Blue, the 17-month old whippet was being walked by his elderly owner in Bradford when he sniffed out the bag and ate the contents. The owner took the remaining pills home after reportedly being concerned a similar fate could await another dog or child.

Following the walk, Blue begun foaming at the mouth and became unsteady on his feet so his owner rushed the dog to the Pet Hospital in Bradford.

The Head Nurse, Miriam Wilson said: “When Blue arrived, his condition was critical. He’d collapsed and the toxins were causing organ failure.”

Blue was given treatment including an IV drop and activated charcoal to absorb toxins from the drugs.

Ms Wilson said “Without the treatment, he would not have survived the night.”

She advised dog-owners “There are lots of hidden dangers around the home and garden, as well as out in the wider world, that our pets may sniff out. If you think they have swallowed something then get it checked at once.”

According to the PDSA, the incident was reported to the police. They came and collected the drugs and disposed of them.

Blue has now made a full recovery and is accordingly “back to his lively self”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/whippet-almost-dies-after-eating-bag-of-ecstasy-tablets-a6706362.html

What a lucky dog that his owner saw what happened Sad  

One of my dogs once ate toad stalls in my back garden, I didn't realise what he'd eaten at the time but poor little man was screaming, hallucinating and being sick and having diarrhea.  It was awful, luckily when we got back from the vets we realised what he'd eaten and was able to advise the vet.  He pulled through cheers

Back to top Go down

Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets Empty Re: Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Amazing that he survived -- it just shows how tough we really are! Look at all the people who abuse their bodies with food, drugs, drink and they just keep going.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets Empty Re: Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets

Post by eddie Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:33 am

Poor thing! I love whippets.

Bet he's on a hell of a come-down now though......

Sorry Embarassed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:46 pm

eddie wrote:Poor thing! I love whippets.

Bet he's on a hell of a come-down now though......

Sorry Embarassed

Tsk, tsk Eddie Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets Naught14 Whippet almost dies after eating bag of ecstasy tablets Giggle31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down