NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Did This Ancient Civilization Avoid War for 2,000 Years?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Did This Ancient Civilization Avoid War for 2,000 Years? - Page 2 Empty How Did This Ancient Civilization Avoid War for 2,000 Years?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

The Harappan civilization dominated the Indus River valley beginning about five thousand years ago, many of its massive cities sprawling at the edges of rivers that still flow through Pakistan and India today. But its culture remains a mystery. Why did it leave behind no representations of great leaders, nor of warfare?

Archaeologists have long wondered whether the Harappan civilization could actually have thrived for roughly 2,000 years without any major wars or leadership cults. Obviously people had conflicts, sometimes with deadly results — graves reveal ample skull injuries caused by blows to the head. But there is no evidence that any Harappan city was ever burned, besieged by an army, or taken over by force from within. Sifting through the archaeological layers of these cities, scientists find no layers of ash that would suggest the city had been burned down, and no signs of mass destruction. There are no enormous caches of weapons, and not even any art representing warfare.

That would make the Harappan civilization an historical outlier in any era. But it's especially noteworthy at a time when neighboring civilizations in Mesopotamia were erecting massive war monuments, and using cuneiform writing on clay tablets to chronicle how their leaders slaughtered and enslaved thousands.

What exactly were the Harappans doing instead of focusing their energies on military conquest?

http://io9.com/a-civilization-without-war-1595540812

Back to top Go down

How Did This Ancient Civilization Avoid War for 2,000 Years? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Did This Ancient Civilization Avoid War for 2,000 Years?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:what the fuck are you smoking??? ::D:: 

this stupidity brings us back to the two Welshmen

do you believe that an English speaking Welshman has a different culture to a welsh speaking Welshman??

simple question didge

Fucking hilarious, the Welshman language and culture are welsh, the English being adapted.

Fuck me you are fucking stupid, but hours of fun

swearing is another one of your tells mate

whenever you start "fucking this and fucking that" its usually after you use loads of laughing smilies

normally you're so polite.

oh well

anyhoo you've just proved my point by not answering the question

Back to top Go down

How Did This Ancient Civilization Avoid War for 2,000 Years? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Did This Ancient Civilization Avoid War for 2,000 Years?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:45 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Fucking hilarious, the Welshman language and culture are welsh, the English being adapted.

Fuck me you are fucking stupid, but hours of fun

whenever you start "fucking this and fucking that" its usually after you use loads of laughing smilies

oh well

So now according to smelly people who live in India and speak English are not culturally different.

What a fucking idiot ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

oh well

So now according to smelly people who live in India and speak English are not culturally different.

no didge that is your logic

this statement of yours is a indication of how little grasp you have on what culture means

its really a inverted image of your earlier argument which was that different language means different culture, its no surprise that your childlike mind found its way to this argument which is same language means same culture

anjem choudary speaks English but follows an Islamic culture, so once again your view that cultures are based on language is flawed by a lack of understanding over what a culture is, and how a culture is formed

you are making a point where the national,social culture is language dependent

which would take us back to the question about the Welshmen you're too scared to answer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:00 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

no didge that is your logic

this statement of yours is a indication of how little grasp you have on what culture means

its really a inverted image of your earlier argument which was that different language means different culture, its no surprise that your childlike mind found its way to this argument which is same language means same culture  

anjem choudary speaks English but follows an Islamic culture, so once again your view that cultures are based on language is flawed by a lack of understanding over what a culture is, and how a culture is formed

you are making a point where the national,social culture is language dependent

which would take us back to the question about the Welshmen you're too scared to answer

No as seen it was your logic and I just made you look even more stupid smelly

i stated people from different nations with different first languages, not ones adopted, are culturally different, you then look really daft going on about the welsh ending up with egg on your face as you always do.

You claimed stupidly what did migrants have to do with multiculturalism, it showed how very daft you are, you even thought you are culturally the same as English, growing up in South Africa, which you did under apartheid!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Smelly, he never swore at you or called you something rude,have I got through to him?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:05 pm

nicko wrote:Smelly, he never swore at you or called you something rude,have I got through to him?

I swear at smelly, because he is clueless, you seeking support again Nicko?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:30 pm

nicko wrote:Smelly, he never swore at you or called you something rude,have I got through to him?

yeah

you sure have

occasionally didge will break out in a fit of swearing at me and that's when i know he is done

i would say he is definitely wound up with whatever you said to make him wear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:32 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

yeah

you sure have

occasionally didge will break out in a fit of swearing at me and that's when i know he is done

No just as stated I get bored and hit back ten times as hard when people are childish, it clearly works as seen and as seen also it shows they have nothing else to talk about because as seen your views are poor smelly!

Hey ho

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 pm

YOU really talk some shit didge ,if you read back what you post you must curl up in embarrassment .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 pm

nicko wrote:YOU really talk some shit didge ,if you read back what you post you must curl up in embarrassment .  

Wow a rebuke from Nicko again without actually rebuking anything.

Score dummy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:31 am

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

yeah

you sure have

No just as stated I get bored and hit back ten times as hard when people are childish, it clearly works as seen and as seen also it shows they have nothing else to talk about because as seen your views are poor smelly!

Hey ho

sure pal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2