NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why People Voted UKIP

+2
Eilzel
Irn Bru
6 posters

Go down

Why People Voted UKIP Empty Why People Voted UKIP

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:00 am

As we can see, Tighter immigration and leaving the EU are the prime movers. Although, I wish they had asked more reasons, such as Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg to be able to put the David Cameron figure into context. I was surprised to see Gay Marriage ranked so low.

For those who contend UKIP are taking votes equally from Labour and the Conservatives, of the ten out of tenners, 39% said the Labour Party doesn’t represent me any more, 33% said the same for the Conservative party.

Whilst Nigel Farage’s ego may not like being at 25%, it is good for UKIP that they are drawing support for a variety of reasons, and not just primarily for their leader.

Why People Voted UKIP BpHJdTqCMAAwcR8

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/06/03/why-people-voted-ukip/

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Why People Voted UKIP Empty Re: Why People Voted UKIP

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:16 am

Farage may not like being at 25%, however, I honestly believe if it wasn't Farage who was the mouthpiece then a lot of the casual voters that UKIP pick up would be put off by what other members had to say- he is their golden goose, and he enjoys the limelight, but if as he has hinted he takes a back seat leading up to the 2015 election just watch the support disintegrate.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 am

The gay marriage subject will be low.

The gay marriage subject was non-existent before it became law.

The only reason it became an issue was because it was given more weight than it demanded.

People are killed, assaulted, raped and have other atrocities committed upon them every day but gay marriage was deemed more important - that's why quite a few were annoyed by it, nobody hates gays, nobody is homophobic, they were just a little annoyed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 am

BigAndy9 wrote:The gay marriage subject will be low.

The gay marriage subject was non-existent before it became law.

The only reason it became an issue was because it was given more weight than it demanded.

People are killed, assaulted, raped and have other atrocities committed upon them every day but gay marriage was deemed more important - that's why quite a few were annoyed by it, nobody hates gays, nobody is homophobic, they were just a little annoyed.

Gay marriage was a side issue. It was blown out of proportion only by those who opposed it- most people probably were indifferent (though silently didn't see what the fuss was from those against); but it had more pleased with the result than angered by it.

In regards to your last paragraph, bringing gay marriage into law took a few sessions over a few months and didn't detract at all from everything else involved in running the country- and 'in spite' of it, you oppositionists must agree, the economy is still improving, surely everyone is winners then  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:34 am

Lefties still shitting themselves are they

The success of UKIP has rocked their world

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:18 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:Lefties still shitting themselves are they

well said, it is a wake up call, people are saying sort the eu and sort the immigration problem, we are sick off being fobbed off and ignored ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:44 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:Lefties still shitting themselves are they

Look Smelly...do you think UKIP will ever govern this country anytime soon, if ever?..it's no gonnae happen man, trust me ...and if it does we will be well gone from this world.

Aye they have some support, but you forget , the majority of Brits are NOT racist scum.

I'll keep you right just like I do Andy buddy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm

I trust human nature

I trust that tolerance has a limit and people like you and labour will bring about your own downfall, not this election not the one after but it will happen

It will take years perhaps decades

But the political landscape is changing, these EU elections proved that to EVERYONE, any who deny it's changing are only pulling the wool over their own eyes

Labour libdems and Tories together with their collective hatred of the British electorate WILL push people into UKIPs arms

There are none so one as those who will not see

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:32 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:I trust human nature

I trust that tolerance has a limit and people like you and labour will bring about your own downfall, not this election not the one after but it will happen

It will take years perhaps decades

But the political landscape is changing, these EU elections proved that to EVERYONE, any who deny it's changing are only pulling the wool over their own eyes

Labour libdems and Tories together with their collective hatred of the British electorate WILL push people into UKIPs arms

There are none so one as those who will not see

absolutely spot on... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Actually has to be the funniest thing I have read and have heard it before from smelly saying the same of the BNP and look what happened to them.

People during hard times are susceptible to fear and this will ease as things get better as it always has done, in 4 years, most of the gains from the far right  an UKIP in this country will have faded as they always do.

Keep dreaming though smelly, it is one thing you are good at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Didge wrote:Actually has to be the funniest thing I have read and have heard it before from smelly saying the same of the BNP and look what happened to them.

People during hard times are susceptible to fear and this will ease as things get better as it always has done, in 4 years, most of the gains from the far right  an UKIP in this country will have faded as they always do.

Yeah look what happened to the BNP they moved aside to let UKIP through

Looks like you lot whipped the wrong horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:47 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:Actually has to be the funniest thing I have read and have heard it before from smelly saying the same of the BNP and look what happened to them.

Job done there, now to show up the poor policies of UKIP to people, as people really need to see how bad they really are and not be fooled by their fear arguments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Job done there, now to show up the poor policies of UKIP to people, as people really need to see how bad they really are and not be fooled by their fear arguments.

People aren't fooled by their "fear argument" they voted UKIP like never before

You seem to think the same strategy used on the BNP will work on UKIP - it won't

The BNP was a tarnished brand to begin with coupled with griffins history they were never going to be anything but what they were

In my village I saw "I'm voting UKIP" posters proudly displayed in peoples windows

UKIP are a main stream party now, respectable and professional without baggage

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

I think the LibLabCon would do better looking at their own policies - a little bit of positive politics (improving policies) instead of negative politics (trashing other Party's policies) please.

If UKIP's policies are rubbish, they'll disappear - if LibLabCon's policies are still as rubbish as they have been the last 15 years, another UKIP/BNP will turn up.

You just don't get it, do you Didgelet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

I think the LibLabCon would do better looking at their own policies - a little bit of positive politics (improving policies) instead of negative politics (trashing other Party's policies) please.

If UKIP's policies are rubbish, they'll disappear - if LibLabCon's policies are still as rubbish as they have been the last 15 years, another UKIP/BNP will turn up.

Exactly the party is mostly irrelevant

It's what the party represents that will never disappear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:33 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

Many do look at their own policies, but there are no where near disastrous as the UKIP policies are, which is why in time UKIP will fade very much so.

Yes more idiotic parties will turn up, those who are constantly angry and unable to lead normal lives wishing to blame others, what might be prudent is they deal with their issues, that the problems they have are created by themselves, where for one they have issue living next to other humans, quite sad really.

I suggest some anger management courses for yourself, this may help you in the long term

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Many do look at their own policies, but there are no where near disastrous as the UKIP policies are, which is why in time UKIP will fade very much so.

Yes more idiotic parties will turn up, those who are constantly angry and unable to lead normal lives wishing to blame others, what might be prudent is they deal with their issues, that the problems they have are created by themselves, where for one they have issue living next to other humans, quite sad really.

I suggest some anger management courses for yourself, this may help you in the long term

Which UKIP policies in particular of you find disastrous??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:19 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Which UKIP policies in particular of you find disastrous??

Will answer before I go, do one their tax policy which even now Nigel thinks is poor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:40 pm

UKIP gained votes in the Europe elections as a warning to the main parties that they were not representing the public and not listening to their (unfounded) concerns about immigration.

I despair that Miliband's Labour is as RW as it is already and he seems to be pandering to the ( apparently mildly) racist middle ground.I feel the man is abandoning his principals to pander to the intolerant masses.

Second answer,people vote UKIP because they are not particularly nice people and are sick of having to supress their bigoted views because of political correctness.They want to openly hate immigrants and now they can.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:16 pm

I voted ukip,what right do you have to call me bigoted? If you vote Labour I think you are a prat. What do you say to that?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Didn't Farage distance himself from the entirety of the party's 2010 manifesto? He's always "distancing himself" from this or that, every other week ... his party is always kicking out people they couldn't tell were bigots until they gave an embarrassing quote ... there's no leadership.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Labours apparently RW  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Eilzel wrote:Farage may not like being at 25%, however, I honestly believe if it wasn't Farage who was the mouthpiece then a lot of the casual voters that UKIP pick up would be put off by what other members had to say- he is their golden goose, and he enjoys the limelight, but if as he has hinted he takes a back seat leading up to the 2015 election just watch the support disintegrate.

There speaketh man who has not had the pleasure of hearing/knowing of some of the other leaders of UKIP.

If you think Farage is good wait till you hear Paul Nuttall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:51 pm

sphinx wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Farage may not like being at 25%, however, I honestly believe if it wasn't Farage who was the mouthpiece then a lot of the casual voters that UKIP pick up would be put off by what other members had to say- he is their golden goose, and he enjoys the limelight, but if as he has hinted he takes a back seat leading up to the 2015 election just watch the support disintegrate.

There speaketh man who has not had the pleasure of hearing/knowing of some of the other leaders of UKIP.

Odd that we hear none of them speak then, you would think if they were that good then surely they would have been unleashed in the come up to the last elections, odd they were not and then it is only your opinion they are good. Then again history shows us some people are great orators, take Hitler and Goebbels for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:59 pm

sphinx wrote:

Why People Voted UKIP 220px-Paul_Nuttall_MEP_%282%29

This him Sphinx?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Nems wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Why People Voted UKIP 220px-Paul_Nuttall_MEP_%282%29

This him Sphinx?

Was this his first job?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Actually he and others have been very active speaking around the country - the trouble is to hear them you have to either care enough to go and listen or in didges case have the balls to realize that what you hear may destroy your preconceptions and yet go along anyway.

It has been very easy for people to avoid going along and listening, and to carry on trotting out the media line of one man band.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Copout reply full of excuses

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Didge wrote:Copout reply full of excuses

I agree Didge , I'll never be taken in bY UKIP, I would rather we had a Tory government before that lot...and that really is saying something.

Every week we hear of UKIP councillors having racist rants and homophobic outbursts, so why the fcuk would we care to look further into and take the time to listen to a party like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:19 pm

sphinx wrote:Actually he and others have been very active speaking around the country - the trouble is to hear them you have to either care enough to go and listen or in didges case have the balls to realize that what you hear may destroy your preconceptions and yet go along anyway.

It has been very easy for people to avoid going along and listening, and to carry on trotting out the media line of one man band.  

didges preconceptions and misconceptions remain secure

Why People Voted UKIP Ostric10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:30 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Didge wrote:Copout reply full of excuses

I agree Didge , I'll never be taken in bY UKIP, I would rather we had a Tory government before that lot...and that really is saying something.

Every week we hear of UKIP councillors having racist rants and homophobic outbursts, so why the fcuk would we care to look further into and take the time  to listen to a party like that.

JD you used homophobic language many times on these forms. Are you a closet UKIPPER then?

BTW the Tories have enough problems with Cameron and Clegg we don't need you thanks anyway.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down