NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat

+2
Ben Reilly
Irn Bru
6 posters

Go down

"They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat  Empty "They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat

Post by Irn Bru Mon May 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Nick Griffin has lost his seat in the European parliament.

The leader of the British National Party formerly represented the North-West as an MEP. He and fellow BNP member Andrew Brons were elected in 2009, although Brons has since left the party and did not stand for re-election this year.

The BNP now has no representation in the European parliament and only two councillors across Britain. Its collapse is now complete: as Tim Wigmore reported earlier this week, in 2012 its votes slumped to 26,000 - down from 240,000 in the 2008 elections. In January, Griffin was declared bankrupt.

Speaking to Sky's Adam Boulton, Griffin said: "We are indeed what you might call racist." Asked where the party's voters had gone, he said: "They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead." He added that he was encouraged by the success of the Front National in France. He later tweeted from @nickgriffinmep: "If anyone can tell me how to change my twitter title without losing the account I'd be obliged! ;-) #we'renotgoingawayyouknow"

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/05/they-ve-voted-ukip-s-racist-policies-instead-bnp-leader-nick-griffin-losing-his

Quote of the week, maybe even the month.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

"They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat  Empty Re: "They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 26, 2014 10:58 pm

That is fantastic; says it all, really.

This whole UKIP story reminds me of what happened a few years ago with Ron Paul, beloved of racists, who also had many supporters who insisted that Ron Paul doesn't have a racist bone in his body (despite decades of newsletters full of racism).

They hated it when you'd point out stuff like this to them:

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/45537/ron-paul-refuses-to-disavow-stormfront-other-anti-semitic-racist-groups-openly-campaigning-for-him/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

"They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat  Empty Re: "They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat

Post by Irn Bru Tue May 27, 2014 12:20 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:That is fantastic; says it all, really.

This whole UKIP story reminds me of what happened a few years ago with Ron Paul, beloved of racists, who also had many supporters who insisted that Ron Paul doesn't have a racist bone in his body (despite decades of newsletters full of racism).

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/45537/ron-paul-refuses-to-disavow-stormfront-other-anti-semitic-racist-groups-openly-campaigning-for-him/

This must be about the only thread mentioning UKIP that hasn't attracted very much attention.

I wonder why Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 27, 2014 4:42 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:That is fantastic; says it all, really.

This must be about the only thread mentioning UKIP that hasn't attracted very much attention.

I wonder why Laughing

Like I said in another thread, the RW won't engage in threads we create -- yet piss and moan about a "gang mentality." We comment in threads they start all the time, it's the only thing keeping debate alive here.

Hey, at least we have VOD's brilliantly original input above. I haven't read that 100 times here in the past day Smile

Guess it's asking too much of these guys to formulate original thoughts and share them with the rest of us. Then again, what do you expect from a right-whinger? They'd only fuck it up like Bush with a coloring book ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:vote UKIP  Laughing Laughing 

Are they going to put that in the Bible, do you think?  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 5:18 am

Irn Bru wrote: Nick Griffin has lost his seat in the European parliament.

The leader of the British National Party formerly represented the North-West as an MEP. He and fellow BNP member Andrew Brons were elected in 2009, although Brons has since left the party and did not stand for re-election this year.

The BNP now has no representation in the European parliament and only two councillors across Britain. Its collapse is now complete: as Tim Wigmore reported earlier this week, in 2012 its votes slumped to 26,000 - down from 240,000 in the 2008 elections. In January, Griffin was declared bankrupt.

Speaking to Sky's Adam Boulton, Griffin said: "We are indeed what you might call racist." Asked where the party's voters had gone, he said: "They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead." He added that he was encouraged by the success of the Front National in France. He later tweeted from @nickgriffinmep: "If anyone can tell me how to change my twitter title without losing the account I'd be obliged! ;-) #we'renotgoingawayyouknow"

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/05/they-ve-voted-ukip-s-racist-policies-instead-bnp-leader-nick-griffin-losing-his

Quote of the week, maybe even the month.

Laughing

Gosh, this is beautifully revealing...

The standard charge levelled at you when you say UKIP policies are racist is that you're refusing to talk about immigration. So it's fascinating the truth is also being pointed out by a man who appears to talk about little else.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 8:41 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool 

THOSE who fail to learn the lessons of History are destined to keep on repeating their mistakes...

I SUGGEST that people who still believe that the UKIP shall ever amount to anything, look to the histories of the "Black Shirts" and "Brown Shirts" fascist movements between the World Wars, the KKK and the 'Tea Party' in the USA, and Pauline Hanson's "One Nation" party over here..

WHERE their political lights and influences shone brightly but briefly; and like the BNP and EDL in Britain today are only mere shadows of their former selves.

AND so will the UKIP fade away as well, in time..   Arrow

@ Lovedust: "it's fascinating the truth is also being pointed out by.." - Nick Griffin - the truth! Get real. I heard him talk live on Sky just as he lost his MEP seat. He was running down UKIP because they weren't racist!

@ Lonely Wolf: You're comparing UKIP with the KKK and the Black Shirts... Seriously? Jesus. And how many of those groups won a national election?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 8:43 am

Tesstacious wrote:

THOSE who fail to learn the lessons of History are destined to keep on repeating their mistakes...

I SUGGEST that people who still believe that the UKIP shall ever amount to anything, look to the histories of the "Black Shirts" and "Brown Shirts" fascist movements between the World Wars, the KKK and the 'Tea Party' in the USA, and Pauline Hanson's "One Nation" party over here..

WHERE their political lights and influences shone brightly but briefly; and like the BNP and EDL in Britain today are only mere shadows of their former selves.

@ Lovedust:  "it's fascinating the truth is also being pointed out by.." - Nick Griffin - the truth!   Get real. I heard him talk live on Sky just as he lost his MEP seat.  He was running down UKIP because they weren't racist!

@ Lonely Wolf:  You're comparing UKIP with the KKK and the Black Shirts... Seriously?  Jesus.  And how many of those groups won a national election?

Mussolini did, they were the black shirts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:vote UKIP  Laughing Laughing 

Voted UKIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 pm

UKIP got 28% of the vote.

Ex BNP voters made up a tiny tiny proportion of that vote.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

@ Lovedust:  "it's fascinating the truth is also being pointed out by.." - Nick Griffin - the truth!   Get real. I heard him talk live on Sky just as he lost his MEP seat.  He was running down UKIP because they weren't racist!

Are you sure?
Suspect

He said in the interview to which you've just refered:

Speaking to Sky's Adam Boulton, Griffin said: "We are indeed what you might call racist." Asked where the party's voters had gone, he said: "They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:44 pm

lovedust wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Are you sure?
Suspect

Speaking to Sky's Adam Boulton, Griffin said: "We are indeed what you might call racist." Asked where the party's voters had gone, he said: "They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead."

Positive. It was a live feed and he was being pretty obnoxious - they cut him off before he finished. No doubt they've cleaned everything up since...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Are you sure?
Suspect

Positive.  It was a live feed and he was being pretty obnoxious - they cut him off before he finished.  No doubt they've cleaned everything up since...

But why would he diametrically contradict what he said in his twitter feed a few hours later?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Here you go, found it:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Here you go, found it:

Thanks Tess - will watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 27, 2014 7:08 pm

How does he know who they voted for?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Here you go, found it:

Tess: please could you check your pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:30 pm

I saw the interview live - i think he said "we are what the liberal elite would call racist"

After the interview Boulton turned to his esteemed panel and said something along the lines of "there you go so Nick Griffin says they are racist".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

One of the racist parties admitting and  conforming  they and the other racist party UKIP are racist!!

Laughing

Well it took a bit of time but he for there!

Some believe that because they don't want blacks and others here that it doesn't make them racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:42 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I saw the interview live - i think he said "we are what the liberal elite would call racist"

After the interview Boulton turned to his esteemed panel and said something along the lines of "there you go so Nick Griffin says they are racist".

In the video Griffin's asked: "As I understand it, what you don’t like about UKIP is that they’re not racist."

He answers: "UKIP certainly aren’t what the Liberal elite call racist..."

and then goes on to moan about the fact that UKIP won't stop Pakistanis and hate preachers coming into the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I saw the interview live - i think he said "we are what the liberal elite would call racist"

In the video Griffin's asked:  "As I understand it, what you don’t like about UKIP is that they’re not racist."

He answers:  "UKIP certainly aren’t what the Liberal elite call racist..."

and then goes on to moan about the fact that UKIP won't stop Pakistanis and hate preachers coming into the country.

Nick Griffin is a great man.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue May 27, 2014 8:06 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

In the video Griffin's asked:  "As I understand it, what you don’t like about UKIP is that they’re not racist."

Dear Mr Griffin,

We couldn't help but notice that there was egg on your face (and on your suit jacket) on the day after you were elected MEP for North West England.

Please don't leave egg on ours.

You wore a Poppy lapel badge during your news conference to celebrate your election victory. This was in direct contravention of our polite request that you refrain from politicising one of the nation's most treasured and beloved symbols.

The Poppy is the symbol of sacrifices made by British Armed Forces in conflicts both past and present and it has been paid for with blood and valour. True valour deserves respect regardless of a person's ethnic origin, and everyone who serves or has served their country deserves nothing less.

The Poppy pin, the Poppy logo, and the paper Poppy worn during Remembrance are the property, trademark and emblem of The Royal British Legion.

For nearly 90 years, The Royal British Legion has pursued a policy of being scrupulously above the party political fray. It is vital that everyone - the media, the public and our beneficiaries - know that we will not allow our independence to be undermined or our reputation impaired by being closely associated with any one political party. This is more important now than ever.

On May 27th, 2009, the National Chairman of The Royal British Legion wrote to you privately requesting that you desist from wearing the Poppy or any other emblem that might be associated with the Legion at any of your public appearances during the European Parliamentary election campaign.

He appealed to your sense of honour. But you have responded by continuing to wear the poppy. So now we're no longer asking you privately.

Stop it, Mr Griffin. Just stop it.

Regards,

The Royal British Legion

scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 pm

The British Legion should stick to what they do best - charity.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue May 27, 2014 8:13 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:The British Legion should stick to what they do best - charity.
Nazi BNP scum desecrating another war memorial.

"They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat  _47851972_batkin6
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 27, 2014 8:30 pm

How many more times are you going to show that picture scrat? it's been on flap a few dozen times.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue May 27, 2014 8:48 pm

nicko wrote:How many more times are you going to show that picture scrat? it's been on flap a few dozen times.
Hi Penfold, because it conveys the reality of Nazi BNP scum without wasting words on them.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 27, 2014 8:58 pm

But it's fine to post this photo over and over:

"They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead": BNP leader Nick Griffin on losing his seat  Web-AN34225416REFILE---QUAL
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 9:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

..that's the confirmation then!!...not that we needed it anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

You're actually going to take my word for it?

Well... JD, i'm touched that you respect my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 10:00 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

You're actually going to take my word for it?

Well... JD, i'm touched that you respect my opinion.  

Im not quite sure of that Andy...

You have showed respect for and admire - Gary Glitter, Jimmy Savile, Nigel Farage and Nick Griffin...

Hardly anything to be proud of Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

@ Lovedust: "it's fascinating the truth is also being pointed out by.." - Nick Griffin - the truth! Get real. I heard him talk live on Sky just as he lost his MEP seat. He was running down UKIP because they weren't racist!

@ Lonely Wolf: You're comparing UKIP with the KKK and the Black Shirts... Seriously? Jesus. And how many of those groups won a national election?

Cheers, have just watched the vid. I don't think he's saying UKIP aren't racist per se. I think the exact quote was:

"UKIP aren't what the liberal elite would call racist but I know full well that most of the voters are what the liberal elite would call racist".

In other words he's accusing whoever he thinks the liberal elite are of double standards for thinking UKIP's following racist without levelling the same charge at UKIP themselves.

Last edited by lovedust on Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo hell hello once more)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Going way back to the comment about the KKK not winning elections -- they most assuredly did, their members were proliferate throughout both major U.S. political parties but they didn't run as KKK. But tell me this isn't a KKK rally at heart:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 27, 2014 10:58 pm

The BNP and nick griffin are the straw men of anti immigration.
Easy to hate which then tarnishes the arguments against mass immigration along with them.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down