NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there??

+2
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
6 posters

Go down

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Empty where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there??

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm

just thought it might be nice to know your fav place to holiday and just out of interest if you would make it your permanent residence.... Smile Smile 

Back to top Go down

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Empty Re: where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there??

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Florida at one time , but even that is wearing thin .
I could never live in the USA there are people like Ben there  ::D:: 

I can't really give my favourite place because we have been to so many they all have something special , but i wouldn't want to live very far away .

Back to top Go down

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Empty Re: where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there??

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Montarose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:48 pm

I love China, Shanghai especially is a magnificent city, but my favourite holiday of all time was a Nile cruise in Egypt- though that said I wouldn't fancy living there haha
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:54 pm

I really enjoyed New York City's Greenwich Village area, I could see myself living there someday:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Greenwichvillage100413_lede

Or the New Orleans French Quarter (took this photo myself):

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Im000020_zps4d89d4af
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:55 pm

BTW, the guy in white with the "dog" (it's fake) held that pose for hours Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I really enjoyed New York City's Greenwich Village area, I could see myself living there someday:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Greenwichvillage100413_lede

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Im000020_zps4d89d4af

That looks fantastically interesting Ben!, very different looking to the run of the New York images we see on telly ...and guy is wearing some groovy clothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:14 pm

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Blackp10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I really enjoyed New York City's Greenwich Village area, I could see myself living there someday:

That looks fantastically interesting Ben!, very different looking to the run of the New York images we see on telly ...and guy is wearing some groovy clothing!

NYC has some really interesting areas, it's definitely more diverse than TV usually portrays.

Here's Chinatown:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Chinatown

Compared to Queens:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? 101+Queens+Row+Houses__+Queens+NY

to Manhattan:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Manhattan
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Absolutely stunning Ben,,,you have given me a some holiday ideas now!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Wooooooow.

Diveeeeerrrrrse.

"it has a Chinatown"

Mouth agape!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Joy Division wrote:Absolutely stunning Ben,,,you have given me a some holiday ideas now!!

Yes, and the cool think is that all of those areas are pretty close to one another:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? NYC-greaterNYmap

Chinatown is within Manhattan.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Wooooooow.

Diveeeeerrrrrse.

"it has a Chinatown"

Mouth agape!

That's the kind of thing me and the missus love Andy..all the different shops!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Diveeeeerrrrrse.

"it has a Chinatown"

Mouth agape!

That's the kind of thing me and the missus love Andy..all the different shops!Smile

Same here JD - Westfield is good.

There are some very diverse shops near me - BHS, Marks & Spencer, Burton - you name it, they've got it really!

Last edited by BigAndy9 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Absolutely stunning Ben,,,you have given me a some holiday ideas now!!

Yes, and the cool think is that all of those areas are pretty close to one another:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? NYC-greaterNYmap

Even better!!! I love when we don't have to travel for too long once there, the Bronx sounds mean though !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:30 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

In that same area Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Diveeeeerrrrrse.

"it has a Chinatown"

Mouth agape!

And Little Italy:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? New-York-Little-Italy-NYC

Also areas that are mostly Irish, Russian, Jewish, Puerto Rican, Cuban, African, etc. You're a moron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_ethnic_enclaves
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Even better!!! I love when we don't have to travel for too long once there, the Bronx sounds mean though !

It's got that reputation, but there are places that are better and places that are worse. It's where the Yankees play!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

In that same area Andy?

What same area?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Diveeeeerrrrrse.

"it has a Chinatown"

Mouth agape!

And Little Italy:

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? New-York-Little-Italy-NYC

Also areas that are mostly Irish, Russian, Jewish, Puerto Rican, Cuban, African, etc. You're a moron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_ethnic_enclaves

Blummin heck, sounds like a "modern city" Benji - not exactly unique.

Probably was unique 50 years ago - luckily we still have plenty of unique places in England - Devon etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:35 pm

From Wikipedia:

The city's population in 2010 was 44% white (33.3% non-Hispanic white), 25.5% black (23% non-Hispanic black), 0.7% Native American and 12.7% Asian.[4] Hispanics of any race represented 28.6% of the population,[4] while Asians constituted the fastest-growing segment of the city's population between 2000 and 2010; the non-Hispanic white population declined 3 percent, the smallest recorded decline in decades; and for the first time since the Civil War, the number of blacks declined over a decade.[178]

Throughout its history, the city has been a major port of entry for immigrants into the United States; more than 12 million European immigrants passed through Ellis Island between 1892 and 1924.[179] The term "melting pot" was first coined to describe densely populated immigrant neighborhoods on the Lower East Side. By 1900, Germans constituted the largest immigrant group, followed by the Irish, Jews, and Italians.[180] In 1940, whites represented 92% of the city's population.[157]

Approximately 37% of the city's population is foreign born.[181][182] In New York, no single country or region of origin dominates.[181] The ten largest sources of foreign-born individuals in the city as of 2011 were the Dominican Republic, China, Mexico, Guyana, Jamaica, Ecuador, Haiti, India, Russia, and Trinidad and Tobago,[183] while the Bangladeshi immigrant population has since become one of the fastest growing in the city, counting over 74,000 by 2013.[184] The New York region continues to be by far the leading metropolitan gateway for legal immigrants admitted into the United States, substantially exceeding the combined totals of Los Angeles and Miami, the next most popular gateway regions.

You'd be scared to death, BA.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:From Wikipedia:

The city's population in 2010 was 44% white (33.3% non-Hispanic white), 25.5% black (23% non-Hispanic black), 0.7% Native American and 12.7% Asian.[4] Hispanics of any race represented 28.6% of the population,[4] while Asians constituted the fastest-growing segment of the city's population between 2000 and 2010; the non-Hispanic white population declined 3 percent, the smallest recorded decline in decades; and for the first time since the Civil War, the number of blacks declined over a decade.[178]

Throughout its history, the city has been a major port of entry for immigrants into the United States; more than 12 million European immigrants passed through Ellis Island between 1892 and 1924.[179] The term "melting pot" was first coined to describe densely populated immigrant neighborhoods on the Lower East Side. By 1900, Germans constituted the largest immigrant group, followed by the Irish, Jews, and Italians.[180] In 1940, whites represented 92% of the city's population.[157]

Approximately 37% of the city's population is foreign born.[181][182] In New York, no single country or region of origin dominates.[181] The ten largest sources of foreign-born individuals in the city as of 2011 were the Dominican Republic, China, Mexico, Guyana, Jamaica, Ecuador, Haiti, India, Russia, and Trinidad and Tobago,[183] while the Bangladeshi immigrant population has since become one of the fastest growing in the city, counting over 74,000 by 2013.[184] The New York region continues to be by far the leading metropolitan gateway for legal immigrants admitted into the United States, substantially exceeding the combined totals of Los Angeles and Miami, the next most popular gateway regions.

You'd be scared to death, BA.

44% white - same as London then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:42 pm

London is 60% white

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 pm

I enjoyed France and love the French very pleasant and helpful people .

I like Spain also but not the tourist areas i like the little villages where you see the real culture .

I love Malta of course my home town Sliema , love the people love the culture love the weather love the feasts and it is where we have a second home . Where we will retire Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:53 pm

France. I love the place  cheers 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:05 pm

I love Jamaica.,and would go back in a second.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:33 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Bay,_New_South_Wales

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Byron-bay-nsw-car-rental-gold-coast

But I'd have to win lotto or something to live there... not much work a part from tourism but truly beautiful place.

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Byron-bay-beachside
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:37 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool  Aah, Byron Bay, such memories you bring back. Be still, my beating heart.. 

I lived up there virtually on the beach (in a rented house with a group of kindred souls..) at New Brighton/Brunswick Heads back in the mid' 1980s...

What with the horrors that the tourism industry, millionaire "new settlers" and their developer mates have visited upon a previous Paradise region, Byron is truly one of those places where if you hadn't visited there by the late '80s/early '90s than you have sadly missed "what it used to be like in the olden days.." - what gave it that reputation that it no longer deserves..

THEN again, that's the same thing that locals were saying to me back when ~ that I "should have seen what that area was like during the 1970's" !

'You can never go back.'

AS I live in a coastal "holiday destination" down here in the  Lake Macquarie region, close to the waterways and beaches on one side and the bush and rural settings on the other, my idea of a different holiday area to move to could be up "into the hills and mountains".

Pulbah Island, Lake Macquarie:
where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? 900px-Pulbah_Island

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Alt_Swansea%20Channel%20and%20Lake%20Macquarie

MAYBE up inland a little from Karuah/Tea Gardens, or around the southern rim of the Barrington Plateau; or alternatively don in the Snowies ~ around Jindabyne, Tumut and Adaminaby have their own attractive qualities; and if you settled on the eastern side of the mountains, then the beaches are still only an hour or two away..

Lake Jindabyne, Snowy Mountains:
where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Snow_covered_jindabyne

where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Lake-jindabyne

NO MATTER "wherever I may roam.." ~ I would always come back and choose Oz to stay in...   sunny

I think Byron bay didn't change that much Just those people got old.
in the 90's there was a flux of money (like Newtown in Sydney) it became cool to be 'grunge' and the Hippy era places came back into vogue but last time I went 2008 it was excellent.

and really look at all the towns around Byron and it is apparent how much more wealth Byron has had invested in it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:39 am

And Obviously Wolfie...  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  when you live in paradise you only ever want to VISIT somewhere else  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:45 am

eddie wrote:France. I love the place  cheers 

It's wonderful eddie i agree and the French lovely people x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 pm

North Northumberland. Lindisfarne/Holy Island is magical. Were it not for having my family close at hand where I live, I would sell up and move to somewhere near Berwick upon Tweed in a flash.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Absolutely love the Caribbean where is your favourite holiday location, would you live there?? Sunbat10x

Would I live there? I don't think I could, there is no place like home. Also adore Cornwall and that is somewhere I could envisage living. Beautiful  I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:France. I love the place  cheers 

It's wonderful eddie i agree and the French lovely people x

My grandparents were of French origin, I just have some kind of affinity with the place.
I seem to understand the language though I'm far from fluent in it lol

Just love it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down