NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fears about immigration are ‘racist’, says Conservative minister Anna Soubry

+4
Ben Reilly
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
Irn Bru
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fears about immigration are ‘racist’, says Conservative minister Anna Soubry - Page 2 Empty Fears about immigration are ‘racist’, says Conservative minister Anna Soubry

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Some people who raise concerns about immigration are “frankly racist”, a Conservative minister said yesterday.

In remarks which were immediately disowned by Downing Street, Anna Soubry, a defence minister, said that while most people understood that immigrants played a “hugely important” role in Britain others had “prejudices”. She cited her own constituency in Nottinghamshire which she said “didn’t have a problem with immigrants” to suggest some voters were using the issue as an excuse to express intolerance.

“People who come and see me in my surgery say, ‘I’m really worried about immigration’. You say ‘Really, why? We don’t have a problem with immigrants.’

“When you explain all that to them they get it. Not all of it. Some people have prejudices, some people are frankly racist, but there are many who just don’t know the argument.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/fears-about-immigration-are-racist-says-conservative-minister-anna-soubry-9468323.html

And that's from a Tory minister Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Fears about immigration are ‘racist’, says Conservative minister Anna Soubry - Page 2 Empty Re: Fears about immigration are ‘racist’, says Conservative minister Anna Soubry

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Didge wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:didge you really are an idiot, no one fears the migrant horde, they just don't want it here and they certainly don't want any more.......

Contradiction alert and nobody wants a people of hate who are extremists here just like you, we wish to have all extremists whether Muslim or Christians gone, but sadly we have to live with you also

lol what do extremist Christians like me do didge...lol

but we know what muslims do, note there are no extremists muslims just the ones who follow the koran and it's instructions...

muslims, hang gays, kill non believers, kill apostates, marry little girls, mutilate the genitals of little girls, blow up innocent people...among other things...

Back to top Go down

Fears about immigration are ‘racist’, says Conservative minister Anna Soubry - Page 2 Empty Re: Fears about immigration are ‘racist’, says Conservative minister Anna Soubry

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:10 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Didge wrote:

Contradiction alert and nobody wants a people of hate who are extremists here just like you, we wish to have all extremists whether Muslim or Christians gone, but sadly we have to live with you also

Promote hate, whether it be against non-Christians, homosexuals etc

but we know what muslims do, note there are no extremists muslims just the ones who follow the koran and it's instructions...
Yes we know what Christians, do many killed many Jews in the Holocaust, why was that, when many had been educated to hate Jews through Lutheranism for example, why was it the British created concentration camps in South Africa, all Christian of course, thus showing your views are quite absurd
muslims, hang gays, kill non believers, kill apostates, marry little girls, mutilate the genitals of little girls, blow up innocent people...among other things...

Yes all found in the bible and the ironic thing is you follow this also

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Didge wrote:

Yes we know what Christians, do many killed many Jews in the Holocaust, why was that, when many had been educated to hate Jews through Lutheranism for example, why was it the British created concentration camps in South Africa, all Christian of course, thus showing your views are quite absurd

Where is this happening??

In Sudan - a MUSLIM country a pregnant mother has been sentenced to death for apostasy and marrying a Christian

In what Christian country is similar things happening??

Come on didge, when was the last time a Christian beheaded a Saudi soldier in Saudi arabi??

When was the last time a Muslim was whipped for adultery in a Christian country??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Didge wrote:

lol so the worst and extermist Christian does is promote hate...ooooh that's a bit scarey..lol it is also wrong but hey...

so we big bad Christians promote hate of gays, while the nice warm fuzzy muslims hang them, they also kill non muslims so they can go to paradise, they kill apostates, they marry children, they mutilate their girls.....nd all the rest...

i see why you group extremist Christians on par with muslims....lol... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:18 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

In Sudan - a MUSLIM country a pregnant mother has been sentenced to death for apostasy and marrying a Christian
No, that has been overturned and again you use a country like Sudan, where religion rules, which it does not in this country and never will, so again absurd argument based now on Sudan, so by that view, if in a Christian country and they place homosexuals in jail, we must also be intolerant of Christians?
Of course not, but it shows how absurd your argument is

You mean like punishing people for being homosexual by sending them to jail or allowing them to be persecuted to the point their murders go unpunished?

Come on didge, when was the last time a Christian beheaded a Saudi soldier in Saudi arabi??
Well I can tell you Christians have beheaded people in the west just for being a human, and let Christians in Africa have beheaded people for just being Muslim, so again failed logic

When was the last time a Muslim was whipped for adultery in a Christian country??
Again failed argument, how many Muslim countries whip as part of law for adultery and why does the bible have punishments for adultery, which is death? In fact when Christianity held sway these acts were once punishable by death, what has changed is we have relegated Christianity and will do the same with Islam, to just personal belief

Poor association arguments from smelly yet again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Didge wrote:

lol so the worst and extermist Christian does is promote hate...ooooh that's a bit scarey..lol it is also wrong but hey...
No they actually kill, for example they kill abortionists and as seen through history just from coming from an ethnic group, I suggest you read some British history
so we big bad Christians promote hate of gays, while the nice warm fuzzy muslims hang them, they also kill non muslims so they can go to paradise, they kill apostates, they marry children, they mutilate their girls.....nd all the rest...
No most Christians an Jews are fine, your religious books are not fine, because they have dirties with no problem in punishing people with violence, which is odd why people would want to follow a bully

Both have extremists because both believe in mythical bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Didge wrote:

can you not speak against islam and muslims please ben doesn't like it neither does JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:30 pm

So we see Christians on here advocating hate against other religious groups, if we used their logic we should fear all Christians, but people are not going to use such poor associating arguments, because many see them as individuals as i do with everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Didge wrote:So we see Christians on here advocating hate against other religious groups, if we used their logic we should fear all Christians, but people are not going to use such poor associating arguments, because many see them as individuals as i do with everyone

what makes you think any Christian on here advocates hatred of other religious group, do you actually think a Christian would harm someone else.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Didge wrote:So we see Christians on here advocating hate against other religious groups, if we used their logic we should fear all Christians, but people are not going to use such poor associating arguments, because many see them as individuals as i do with everyone

what makes you think any Christian on here advocates hatred of other religious group, do you actually think a Christian would harm someone else.... Smile 

Fuck me that was funny

Christians harm people daily all over the world, being as they make up the majority and for example in South America where there is untold violence, who do you think commits this violence?
Buddhists?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Didge wrote:

Fuck me that was funny

Christians harm people daily all over the world, being as they make up the majority and for example in South America where there is untold violence, who do you think commits this violence?
Buddhists?

lol i said Christians on here, how many Christians do you see committing hate crimes in Britain.???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Denial and deflection.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Didge wrote:

Fuck me that was funny

Buddhists?

lol i said Christians on here, how many Christians do you see committing hate crimes in Britain.???

Two spouting and promoting hate, like telling a Muslim posters she commits FGM to her children, based off nothing ore than you utter ignorance

Correction, 3 Christians on here spouting hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Didge wrote:

so telling the truth about muslims is spouting hate, would any Christians in Britain harm anyone of another faith???

Two spouting and promoting hate, like telling a Muslim posters she commits FGM to her children, based off nothing ore than you utter ignorance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Didge wrote:

so telling the truth about muslims is spouting hate, would any Christians in Britain harm anyone of another faith???

There was no claim to the statement you made to that Muslim poster, in fact it was vile to claim, , which sums up why you are an extremist

Last edited by Didge on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Didge wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Didge wrote:

Fuck me that was funny

Buddhists?

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Spouting hate to Muslims as a group off some who are extremist, is hate

Christians do harm others of other faiths, you are making now excuses for those within your faith which is ironic really when you think about it, but then I o not club all Christians as bad as you club Muslims as all bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Didge wrote:

Christians do harm others of other faiths, you are making now excuses for those within your faith which is ironic really when you think about it, but then I o not club all Christians as bad as you club Muslims as all bad

when was the last time a Christian killed someone of another faith in Britain...

saying that something is wrong and you do not agree with it, is that hate.... 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Didge wrote:

when was the last time a Christian killed someone of another faith in Britain...

Plenty of times people have been killed from other faiths, a Muslim was murdered because of his faith just before Lee Rigby died

Anyway what you said about Sexy and her children was appalling,and a low life like you as well as Muslim extremists have no place in this great country

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Didge wrote:

Plenty of times people have been killed from other faiths, a Muslim was murdered because of his faith just before Lee Rigby died

Anyway what you said about Sexy and her children was appalling,and a low life like you as well as Muslim extremists have no place in this great country

Night

Can you show the case of a Christian killing someone of another faith in Britain...

do muslims practice female genital mutilation??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

No, that has been overturned and again you use a country like Sudan, where religion rules, which it does not in this country and never will, so again absurd argument based now on Sudan, so by that view, if in a Christian country and they place homosexuals in jail, we must also be intolerant of Christians?
Of course not, but it shows how absurd your argument is

You mean like punishing people for being homosexual by sending them to jail or allowing them to be persecuted to the point their murders go unpunished?

Well I can tell you Christians have beheaded people in the west just for being a human, and let Christians in Africa have beheaded people for just being Muslim, so again failed logic

Again failed argument, how many Muslim countries whip as part of law for adultery and why does the bible have punishments for adultery, which is death? In fact when Christianity held sway these acts were once punishable by death, what has changed is we have relegated Christianity and will do the same with Islam, to just personal belief

Poor association arguments from smelly yet again

Where are these Things happening in Christian countries didge???

All you've done is waffle

No examples no comparisons as usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Most Asians sound here are Indian and Sikh, And jolly decent people.

A couple of my oldest and best friends are Indian Sikhs.

They don't care much for Pakistani Muslims either....

Andthe crime rates for Sikhs is vastly low, they are underrepresented in prison than general population.

And don't cause any problems, or make unnecessary demands on anyone to have to do things their way.

And my uncle is Turkish although not a practicing Muslim as far as I'm aware.

The Muslim population here doubled under labour so that's 1.5 million who weren't born here, with most of The rest not born here either.

So majority could easily be deported, which brings me onto your next caveat, when you say deported for serious enough crimes.

What would you suggest is a serious enough crime?

The trouble being caused and problems posed by a certain section is undeniable.

ANd just pretending it is not there doesn't help anyone.

Tommy, is it just Muslims that you want to deport?

If it is, is it all of them?

Or just some of them?

How many exactly and which one's?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Didge wrote:

Night

Agreed Didge, he and his partner have a terrible habit about saying vulgar things about kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Most Asians sound here are Indian and Sikh, And jolly decent people.
Andthe crime rates for Sikhs is vastly low, they are underrepresented in prison than general population.
And don't cause any problems, or make unnecessary demands on anyone to have to do things their way.
The Muslim population here doubled under labour so that's 1.5 million who weren't born here, with most of The rest not born here either.
So majority could easily be deported, which brings me onto your next caveat, when you say deported for serious enough crimes.
Or just some of them?

It is foreign born criminals who I wish to see deported, and other foreign born who pose a national security threat.

That part of my reply was just showing that most Muslims were not born here so could be easily deported if needs be, exposing JDs waffle that most were born here.

Do you agree that foreign criminals and national security risks should be deported?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Or just some of them?

It is foreign born criminals who I wish to see deported, and other foreign born who pose a national security threat.

That part of my reply was just showing that most Muslims were not born here so could be easily deported if needs be, exposing JDs waffle that most were born here.

Do you agree that foreign criminals and national security risks should be deported?

Just foreign born criminals and other foreign born people who pose a national security threat and not the 1.5 million Muslims then? That's fine. Can't disagree with that and thanks for the clarification that you don't have a problem with those other than the people you have identified.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Or just some of them?

Tommy even if there were no foreign or Muslim criminals here, you would still pick on the ones who lived a peaceful life here wouldn't you?...you would still accuse them for stealing British jobs etc...

Be true to yourself and your cause Tommy,,,you certainly wouldn't be the only one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So when labour say they got it wrong on immigration Tory say they want to reduce to tens of thousands, they are all racists eh?
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/britain-immigration-survey-idINDEEA0603G20140107
I suppose that makes 3 quarters of British people racists then....
Correct iron, that is what I originally said.
JD implied that most Muslims were born here so impossible to deport if guilty of crime or national security risk.
I was merely seeking to correct him by showing it is in fact the opposite being true.
I am however still waiting for him to clarify what exactly would constitute a 'serious enough crime' for him to think warrants this deportation....?
And iron, we need to be looking after the people who are already here, British first and foremost, not new arrivals or anyone else overseas who would also like to come here for their own self interests.
And when a clear set of problems are identified among certain sections of our population, it is of course not in our national interest to keep adding more of them to the mix, exacerbating the problem further.
The govt of our country has a duty to put our interests first and foremost.
And back to the op, my quote above.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:So when labour say they got it wrong on immigration Tory say they want to reduce to tens of thousands, they are all racists eh?
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/britain-immigration-survey-idINDEEA0603G20140107
I suppose that makes 3 quarters of British people racists then....
Correct iron, that is what I originally said.
JD implied that most Muslims were born here so impossible to deport if guilty of crime or national security risk.
I was merely seeking to correct him by showing it is in fact the opposite being true.
I am however still waiting for him to clarify what exactly would constitute a 'serious enough crime' for him to think warrants this deportation....?
And iron, we need to be looking after the people who are already here, British first and foremost, not new arrivals or anyone else overseas who would also like to come here for their own self interests.
And when a clear set of problems are identified among certain sections of our population, it is of course not in our national interest to keep adding more of them to the mix, exacerbating the problem further.
The govt of our country has a duty to put our interests first and foremost.
And back to the op, my quote above.

Tommy, I can't remember saying MOST Muslims were born here, but certainly a lot were...

Now let's say a 5th generation Pakistani family who have obviously lived here for years, when do and should they be considered British?...

Or should that never happen even though they have contributed in taxes here all their lives and caused nobody any trouble?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:20 pm

its quite easy JD...

anyone with 30 years residency him or his parents,,,,

so some one who has been here 30 years qualifies

someone who was BORN HERE and is 10 and one of his parents have been here 20 years ...qualifies

someone who was BORN HERE and is 15 and one of his parents have been her 15 years...qualifies....just

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:its quite easy JD...

anyone with 30 years residency him or his parents,,,,

so some one who has been here 30 years qualifies

someone who was BORN HERE and is 10 and one of his parents have been here 20 years ...qualifies

someone who was BORN HERE and is 15 and one of his parents have been her 15 years...qualifies....just

..so this is the official rule Victor....the magic number 30?..

But say someone has only been here ten years and his parents ten years..a total of 20 years..do you think that they shouldn't have rights like  a British citizen like you or me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:27 pm

that was me jd...quick strike up another roach.....

as for those totalling 20 years...tough they got another 10 years to wait for "citizenship"

theres always going to be a line drawn in such discussions....and I recon it would benefit the immigrant...since THEY would have a definite goal to work to....they at least would know for definite where they stood....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:28 pm

ahhh...you changed it quick....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:28 pm

its not an official rule at all...just a reasonable suggestion....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Yeah I spotted my mistake at the last moment Vic  Laughing

I never knew that( obviously  Laughing ) about the thirty years..I thought if the swore allegiance to the Queen after just a few years then they were classed as British Citizens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:32 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:its not an official rule at all...just a reasonable suggestion....

..Ahhhh!!! That's entirely different !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Those leaflets looked terrifying i don't know how the reported controlled herself from showing her fear . The seriousness in her voice was funny trying to make out it was a horror story
 ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:47 pm

You forget JD that I have friends and family from different backgrounds.
My beef is not with good, decent and law abiding people, or those wishing to come here either.
It is with those who aren't good, decent and law abiding that being OUR LAW, and means fitting in with OUR WAYS, that they came here BY THEIR OWN CHOICE AND FREE WILL TO BE PART OF, and means them not banging on about wanting things their way or how we have to change to fit in with them!!!
Someone should be considered totally British when they have been here for long enough to totally understand, act, feel and be totally British.
Being born here helps a lot, but doesn't guarantee this.
As We have seen 'British' born showing loyalties elsewhere, and acting ways so obviously non British and against Britain and British ways.
I could live in Scotland for decades, work, pay taxes, never cause any trouble, but when would I be considered properly Scottish...???
Can I ever be classed as properly Scottish when my loyalties remain elsewhere...???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Example
Global trade has grown enormously since WWII, international trade in manufactured goods alone has grown an estimated 100 times from $95 billion to $12 trillion in the 50 years since 1955.  However, globalisation is much more than just trade.

In the last twenty years the breadth and depth of links between nations and between regions has grown enormously.  Communications costs have declined dramatically allowing easy daily contact via the web and telephone, enabling the outsourcing of IT and other services, to India for example, and the rise in global work teams.

Other critical links are immigration and transportation, particularly airlines.  The International Organisation for Migration estimates that there are two hundred million migrants around the world today, they have largely immigrated from the emerging to the developed countries, particularly to  the U.S., Canada, Australia, the U.K. and Continental Europe.  Though there are tensions at times in Europe and elsewhere this immigration has changed the face of these regions and increased the personal links across borders very considerably.

Finally the transportation of people and goods has increased very substantially in the last few decades with great growth on the number of flights across borders.  During the 80s and 90s growth rates in the number of airlines seats offered of 5% a year were not uncommon, in 2010 there are over 2.3 million flights per month. With this great growth in flights, this has allowed stronger business and personal links.  Today we see a world much more interlinked than in the past.

http://lexicon.ft.com/term?term=globalisation

The direction in which we're all travelling.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 pm

And just to clarify, not got problem with people wishing to come here, of course it's obvious why people want to come here, my problem is the numbers being allowed to come here, the open door to EU, the poor quality of many being allowed to come here, ie, unskilled/unneeded, detrimental to society and country as a whole, criminals being allowed, lack of proper checks on criminal history, lack of medical checks, and lack of checking overall.
Asylum system being systematically abused as a parallel means of gaining entry.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:58 pm

untill the oil runs out....

I dnt see nuclear powered planes happening nor come to that battery powered ones either...fairly soon....all those airypalanes are going to be little more than expensive scrap....

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:12 am

Energy is a subject under some considerable research, fortunately for us in Blighty we've got coal, tonnes of it, so it's simply hydrogenation.

Nope, immigrants are coming here to work and pay for our pensions, no point whining about it!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:You forget JD that I have friends and family from different backgrounds.
My beef is not with good, decent and law abiding people, or those wishing to come here either.
It is with those who aren't good, decent and law abiding that being OUR LAW, and means fitting in with OUR WAYS, that they came here BY THEIR OWN CHOICE AND FREE WILL TO BE PART OF, and means them not banging on about wanting things their way or how we have to change to fit in with them!!!
Someone should be considered totally British when they have been here for long enough to totally understand, act, feel and be totally British.
Being born here helps a lot, but doesn't guarantee this.
As We have seen 'British' born showing loyalties elsewhere, and acting ways so obviously non British and against Britain and British ways.
I could live in Scotland for decades, work, pay taxes, never cause any trouble, but when would I be considered properly Scottish...???
Can I ever be classed as properly Scottish when my loyalties remain elsewhere...???

Tommy, I know what you mean man, I honestly do..there are some immigrants that do push their luck by mankind demands and trying to get all their way....their is, I know that,,,

But there are many more immigrants who do NOT behave in this manner , nor disrespect us, who work hard,a who pay their taxes, who respect us,,,

And it makes us very angry when we hear some of them want rules changed etc...it's infuriating I know...but what rules have been changed solely to suit the immigrant and against us?, I can't honestly think of any big changes in rules to suit immigrants and not us?...and I a,so believe we should curb immigration numbers...we are bursting at the seams...

But some on here and plenty on the streets just love to kick ALL immigrants(especially Asians/Muslims) in the teeth, blame them all for everything, call the all terrorists etc...
Tommy, we are becoming as bad as the terrorists, certainly our mindset is.

It's just that when we do hear if the ungrateful ones, who demand things and constantly complain when there is no good reason -even falsely accuse others of being racist when they were not racist...it's hyped up and then we assume all immigrants are like that!

Tommy ...I KNOW SOME OF THEM ARE LIKE THAT.( and it pisses me off too)

But many more are not.

That's all I'm saying chief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:16 am

Rubbish Scrat.
And I don't mean the coal.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:17 am

JD, a well deserted criticism of some is not a criticism of all.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:18 am

scrat wrote:Energy is a subject under some considerable research, fortunately for us in Blighty we've got coal, tonnes of it, so it's simply hydrogenation.

Nope, immigrants are coming here to work and pay for our pensions, no point whining about it!

sadly for THAT pipe dream

A) most of it cannot now be "got at" because existing old works render it unstable and too dangerous to work
B) we have no miners left thanks to that royal idiot maggie
c) we no longer have the ability to maufacture the mining equipment...as above
D) the cost of mining and then converting coal to liquid fuel would render it prohibitively expensive for airline (and indeed almost any) use...

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:24 am

scrat wrote:Energy is a subject under some considerable research, fortunately for us in Blighty we've got coal, tonnes of it, so it's simply hydrogenation.

Correct. Just a pity that Thatcher's henchmen filled in the mine shafts, flooding them and burying all the mining equipment never to be used again. They did salvage some equipment which they sold to South Africa a country that she supported right through the apartheid regime.

Disgraceful
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 am

Tommy Monk wrote:JD, a well deserted criticism of some is not a criticism of all.

What should I do Tommy?..criticise the decent immigrants trying to find their feet who have done us no harm?..

Or every Muslim in a Britain, even the ones who lay their way, pay their taxes and live a peaceful existence?..who could be be the best of Muslim lads who will play footy with you, have a goof on the play station with you?...who could be your caring neighbour...who only wishes to live in peace with his family.

It could even have been you or me Tommy...looking for a chance to live in peace and a
safety with our family..without being judged and without prejudice.
Come on Tommy.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 am

victorisnotamused wrote:

sadly for THAT pipe dream

A) most of it cannot now be "got at" because existing old works render it unstable and too dangerous to work
B) we have no miners left thanks to that royal idiot maggie
c) we no longer have the ability to maufacture the mining equipment...as above
D) the cost of mining and then converting coal to liquid fuel would render it prohibitively expensive for airline (and indeed almost any) use...

A four hundred year supply, under our feet.
B immigrant miners
C import or manufacture plant, or do what the Chinese have been doing for years, import the best, improve on it and manufacture it.
D I think youve googled a tad too much big oil.

Transportation is vital for globalisation, I think they've got their thinking caps on.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:32 am

dream on scrat...dream on...

where are they going to find the billions needed to merely sink a mine shaft....

still I like your thinking..immigrant miners...no need to worry about H&S SO WE CAN LEAVE IT TO PRIVATE ENTERPRISE TO SPEND THE MONEY...OR NOT.....

we cant manufacture....no good enough heavy industry left

nope...making liquid fuel from coal is expensive...both in terms of plant and process...and will reap the wrath of the climate change brigade...

dont forget the stinking plants of the old "rexco" days are gone and no longer acceptable....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next