NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

+5
magica
Andy
eddie
Victorismyhero
Irn Bru
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry Empty Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:57 am

A suspect is held on suspicion of sending malicious communications after allegedly targeting MP Anna Soubry.

A man has been arrested after an allegedly threatening Twitter post that called for people to "Jo Cox" an MP.

The 25-year-old man was held after Anna Soubry, the MP for Broxtowe in Nottinghamshire, was the apparent target of an online message.

The message read: "someone jo cox Anna sourby please."

The politician called the Twitter user a "sad cowardly troll", noting the differently spelled surname.

Nottinghamshire Police later confirmed they were investigating the incident.

http://news.sky.com/story/arrest-after-jo-cox-twitter-threat-to-mp-anna-soubry-10682669

Calling or suggesting that people should be killed either on Twitter or any social media site is disgusting and should be condemned on every level.. It's just pure hate.

If this was done then the person responsible should be banged up for a very long time.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry Empty Re: Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:07 am

agreed...

people like this should NOT be allowed in society...

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry Empty Re: Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

Post by eddie Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:03 pm

That's just awful! The "cowards behind keyboards" is just growing beyond belief.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:15 pm

The sad thing is that many of us know people from elsewhere who actually support posts like that.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Keyboard warriors spring to mind, imo keyboard idiots. Glad he was arrested, to threaten anyone is an offence and should be dealt with as such.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Internet trolls and bullies are the modern scourge on society.

I believe more should be done to trace them and punish them.
So many people think they are invincible spouting threats in the safety of their own home.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 am

Some interesting comments on this hate tweet calling for the killing of people. So what do you think of this one?

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry Flap_z11

Named as well for no other reason that they showed compassion to child refugees escaping the war, death and destruction.

Comment is free...
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:09 am

Christ on a fucking bike, he just gets worse doesn't he!!!   I have him blocked so I didn't see that.

Last edited by sassy on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 am

No wonder Major et al feel so at home on his site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:44 am

I do hope that was the only tweet like that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:19 am

sassy wrote:I do hope that was the only tweet like that?

Lets hope so as calling for people to be killed is more likely to get someone arrested as shown in the case detailed in the OP.

The comments already expressed on that one also apply in this case as well, surely?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Amazing how all those Flap supporters who claim he's a decent bloke are avoiding this like the plague.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 pm

sassy wrote:Amazing how all those Flap supporters who claim he's a decent bloke are avoiding this like the plague.

I'd have to see the actual comment in context. Any link?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Context?   What the fuck are you talking about.   It's a tweet, expressing the same sentiment as the man who has just been put in prison tweeted.  Tweets aren't 'in context'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:05 pm

sassy wrote:Context?   What the fuck are you talking about.   It's a tweet, expressing the same sentiment as the man who has just been put in prison tweeted.  Tweets aren't 'in context'.

Got a link?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:06 pm

The message read: "someone jo cox Anna sourby please."  - Now in jail

I hope it's being investigated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:Context?   What the fuck are you talking about.   It's a tweet, expressing the same sentiment as the man who has just been put in prison tweeted.  Tweets aren't 'in context'.

Got a link?

You don't get links to tweets, you look at his timeline.   Just look up @In_A_Flap and run through his time line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:08 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Got a link?

You don't get links to tweets, you look at his timeline.   Just look up @In_A_Flap and run through his time line.

If you can't provide a link, how does anyone know if the screengrab is genuine? I thought there was a rule against this sort of thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Got a link?

Timeline here: https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/799292508089905153

Link here: https://twitter.com/In_A_Flap/status/800318716126826496

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:10 pm

And Flap's here https://twitter.com/In_A_Flap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Got a link?

Thanks Ziz, you have the actual tweet, well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:14 pm

sassy wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Thanks Ziz, you have the actual tweet, well done.

When on a timeline right click at the top the individual tweet (@blahblah) and select "Copy link address" Wink

Last edited by Ziz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm

I'm glad someone posted a link because it appears to be a tweet from several weeks ago. It would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 pm

Doesn't matter when it's from, it's expressing the same thing as was expressed by the man who has now been jailed for it.

So?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:26 pm

I can't find the tweet on the timeline. I never did understand Twitter.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:26 pm

So Flopettes, no opinions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I can't find the tweet on the timeline. I never did understand Twitter.

I've provided a direct link to it. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I can't find the tweet on the timeline. I never did understand Twitter.

What the hell does that matter?   It's his tweet with his handle and you have been given the link to it.

Now how about an opinion instead of skirting all round the houses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:28 pm

The Grand Tour@thegrandtour Nov 17
It’s supposed to do that…really. Watch The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime Video. #TheGrandTourArrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry Grand_Tour_Emoji

56 replies . 221 retweets 1,013 likes

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry 8UFbda4g_biggerFlap J Zappa 306@In_A_Flap
@thegrandtour I hope they get to kill more celebrities each week. Ca I suggest bob geldorf and lily allen oh yes and charlotte church,

• Like 1
  • Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry NG7S8Vv8_normal

4:43 am - 20 Nov 2016
0 replies . 0 retweets 1 like

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:29 pm

sassy wrote:

What the hell does that matter?   It's his tweet with his handle and you have been given the link to it.

Now how about an opinion instead of skirting all round the houses.

It's very important. You know very well that I like all the information.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:30 pm

sassy wrote:The Grand Tour@thegrandtour  Nov 17  
It’s supposed to do that…really. Watch The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime Video. #TheGrandTourArrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry Grand_Tour_Emoji

56 replies .     221 retweets     1,013 likes  

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry 8UFbda4g_biggerFlap J Zappa 306@In_A_Flap
@thegrandtour I hope they get to kill more celebrities each week. Ca I suggest bob geldorf and lily allen oh yes and charlotte church,

• Like 1

0 replies .     0 retweets     1 like

I can't locate that tweet from thegrandtour on his timeline.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Oh shut the fuck up Rags, now you are just stupid..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm

sassy wrote:Oh shut the fuck up Rags, now you are just stupid..

Well it's not there. 17th November, yes? I can't find it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:The Grand Tour@thegrandtour  Nov 17  

56 replies .     221 retweets     1,013 likes  

• Like 1

0 replies .     0 retweets     1 like

I can't locate that tweet from thegrandtour on his timeline.

Not to worry - easily solved - just go to his timeline: https://twitter.com/In_A_Flap
And enter the following in the search box at the top...

"I hope they get to kill more celebrities each week."

...it'll take you straight there. Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry 77526

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:46 pm

The tweet from thegrandtour isn't there, so what was Flap replying to?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The tweet from thegrandtour isn't there, so what was Flap replying to?

The tweet is genuine and can be verified by searching Twitter - stop trying to defend scum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Jeez, you have a copy of it above, what Grand Tour says and what he says, and the time and date.  4:43 am - 20 Nov 2016

Now how about you stop messing around, because that is what your doing and give an opinion if you are going to.   If not, don't play silly buggers.

Now I'm off to get the dinner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The tweet from thegrandtour isn't there, so what was Flap replying to?

The tweet is genuine and can be verified by searching Twitter - stop trying to defend scum.

It's important to look at the context, and I cannot locate the tweet from thegrandtour. Can you?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

It's important to look at the context, and I cannot locate the tweet from thegrandtour. Can you?

There is ambiguity in this which context will clarify?  scratch

Only scum wishes murder on people - and only scum seeks to defend them.

Last edited by Ziz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

There is ambiguity in this which context will clarify - what planet are you on?  scratch

Of course. Why would anyone make that random comment about a programme about cars?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:55 pm

sassy wrote:Doesn't matter when it's from, it's expressing the same thing as was expressed by the man who has now been jailed for it.

So?
oh hypocritical old trout.
they kill off a celebrity every week in the grand tour, in the first episode they killed off 3, including carol vorderman, armie hammer and jeremy renner, last week they killed off simon pegg. Its a running joke in the grand tour.
now didn't you complain to FM because your tweet was mentions #hypocrite

Perhaps you really think they kill them, oh how sad.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

There is ambiguity in this which context will clarify - what planet are you on?  scratch

Of course. Why would anyone make that random comment about a programme about cars?

What is ambiguous about this?

"I hope they get to kill more celebrities each week.
Ca I suggest bob geldorf and lily allen oh yes and charlotte church,"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Ziz wrote:

oh calm down and change your panties deary.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Dean just explained.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Dean just explained.

What did the scum explain? Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Dean just explained.

What did the scum explain?

If you mean Dean, he explained the context. As I said, context is important.

I guess you have to watch the programme, and I'm not really into it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:03 pm

There you go Ziz.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2266992/jeremy-clarkson-forced-to-kill-off-charlize-theron-after-bbc-bans-star-interviews-on-the-grand-tour-over-fears-it-would-rip-off-top-gear/
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

What did the scum explain?

I don't find wishing murder on people amusing - but I guess some people have a sick sense of humour. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't find wishing murder on people amusing - but I guess some people have a sick sense of humour. No

I just posted a link to explain the context.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:07 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/2016/11/25/james-may-kills-queen-grand-tour-internet-reacted/
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next