NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

+5
magica
Andy
eddie
Victorismyhero
Irn Bru
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry - Page 2 Empty Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:57 am

First topic message reminder :

A suspect is held on suspicion of sending malicious communications after allegedly targeting MP Anna Soubry.

A man has been arrested after an allegedly threatening Twitter post that called for people to "Jo Cox" an MP.

The 25-year-old man was held after Anna Soubry, the MP for Broxtowe in Nottinghamshire, was the apparent target of an online message.

The message read: "someone jo cox Anna sourby please."

The politician called the Twitter user a "sad cowardly troll", noting the differently spelled surname.

Nottinghamshire Police later confirmed they were investigating the incident.

http://news.sky.com/story/arrest-after-jo-cox-twitter-threat-to-mp-anna-soubry-10682669

Calling or suggesting that people should be killed either on Twitter or any social media site is disgusting and should be condemned on every level.. It's just pure hate.

If this was done then the person responsible should be banged up for a very long time.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I don't find wishing murder on people amusing - but I guess some people have a sick sense of humour. No

I just posted a link to explain the context.

Yes, thank you - dodgy so-called "humour" which encourages threatening responses from hater scum as illustrated above. But it takes all sorts I suppose. No

Back to top Go down

Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:13 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I just posted a link to explain the context.

Yes, thank you - dodgy so-called "humour" which encourages threatening responses from hater scum as illustrated above. But it takes all sorts I suppose. No

Well I don't particularly like jokes about Christianity or halal meat, so there you go.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Well I don't particularly like jokes about Christianity or halal meat, so there you go.

Humour I can tolerate - hate not so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Anyway, aren't you glad that I pursued the issue of context and seeing the original source? I used to do that in the threads about incidents in Palestine too. It's very important. Bru just posted Dean's tweet, with no context whatsoever, and Sassy got outraged about it without knowing what it was about.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:17 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I'm not keen on Jeremy Clarkson anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, aren't you glad that I pursued the issue of context and seeing the original source? I used to do that in the threads about incidents in Palestine too. It's very important. Bru just posted Dean's tweet, with no context whatsoever, and Sassy got outraged about it without knowing what it was about.

I'm always grateful to be alerted to another hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

He voted to remain - so he has his good points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, aren't you glad that I pursued the issue of context and seeing the original source? I used to do that in the threads about incidents in Palestine too. It's very important. Bru just posted Dean's tweet, with no context whatsoever, and Sassy got outraged about it without knowing what it was about.

I realise that you would be too embarrassed to backtrack, but get a grip ... Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not to me. He is pro-hunting, and he treated the LACS very badly IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I realise that you would be too embarrassed to backtrack, but get a grip ... Razz

Backtrack on what? No matter what the context calling for the murder of people is unfunny - and hateful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Not to me. He is pro-hunting, and he treated the LACS very badly IMO.

That is not one of his better points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Backtrack on what? No matter what the context calling for the murder of people is unfunny - and hateful.

He didn't call for murder - don't be silly.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

If you say so. Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry - Page 2 2190311264

"I hope they get to kill more celebrities each week.
Ca I suggest bob geldorf and lily allen oh yes and charlotte church,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If you say so.  Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry - Page 2 2190311264

I'm not going to waste any more time on this. You're just trolling as usual. Go and PM Sassy about how dreadful it is.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

If you say so.  Arrest after Jo Cox Twitter threat to MP Anna Soubry - Page 2 2190311264

I'm not going to waste any more time on this. You're just trolling as usual. Go and PM Sassy about how dreadful it is.

I don't PM people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:34 pm

This is why we discourage discussing members' activity on other online outlets -- look at what's happened. Instead of talking about the threat to Soubry, we're talking about The DYK.

Thread locked. Also, he specifically asked us to stop using his real first name here, so let's keep that in mind going forward.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2