NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do conservatives hate people?

+8
Irn Bru
Raggamuffin
Fluffyx
Tommy Monk
eddie
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
Original Quill
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why do conservatives hate people? Empty Why do conservatives hate people?

Post by Original Quill Thu May 22, 2014 2:07 am

Ok, I get how conservatives selfishly grub onto money, and how they have a political philosophy of extreme individualism vs. social justice.

But here in America they can't just leave it at that. They have to go after poor people so vociferously. So it's not about protecting themselves or their money. It's about hating other people.

So why?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why do conservatives hate people? Empty Re: Why do conservatives hate people?

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 22, 2014 2:29 am

@quill
because they are sad hate filled people like many RWingers everywhere.

They need to hate to make themselves feel better. It protects them, you see otherwise they might have to ask questions and think and take responsibility for the issues in their lives... it is much easier to blame someone weaker. that way it's not you fault it is their fault, you don't have to change, it is just their fault. All the bad things aren't just life, they have to be blamed on someone but that someone could Never be you or the rich men on the TV that tell you how it is the poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew that make your life terrible....

SO Obviously you need to give the Rich another tax cut to protect your self from the massive threat posed by poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew. Give the Rich more money is the only way you will stop the Evil spread of the poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

watch out or they will use their poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew magic on you  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool  and ruin the economy.....
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 2:33 am

Perception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 22, 2014 2:38 am

You seem to suggest that politics is more than just common interests, veya.  I've always assumed that it is access to power and that power should be devoted to your interests...if you are the winner.

But you seem to be talking about something more than interests.  Lots of psychology, to be sure.  I see the point, somewhat.  But I think liberals view it as just everyday politics and interests, whereas conservatives view it as a kind of script...in which their total lives are involved.

Is politics a script?  If so, what script and why?

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 2:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:@quill
because they are sad hate filled people like many RWingers everywhere.

They need to hate to make themselves feel better. It protects them, you see otherwise they might have to ask questions and think and take responsibility for the issues in their lives... it is much easier to blame someone weaker. that way it's not you fault it is their fault, you don't have to change, it is just their fault. All the bad things aren't just life, they have to be blamed on someone but that someone could Never be you or the rich men on the TV that tell you how it is the poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew that make your life terrible....

SO Obviously you need to give the Rich another tax cut to protect your self from the massive threat posed by poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew. Give the Rich more money is the only way you will stop the Evil spread of the  poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

watch out or they will use their poor/immigrant/gay/Muslim/Jew magic on you  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool  and ruin the economy.....

Mighty big straw-man you have there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:06 am

Actually Samhrai, scapegoating is a big part of conservatism and always has been -- especially for cultural conservatives. You take a complex problem, blame it on someone you don't like and then you can feel better by bashing them and not all confused by having to contemplate the complexity.

http://www.yourmorals.org/blog/2012/09/how-coherence-defines-conservatism/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:08 am

And you honestly think that is a trait unique to "conservatives"?
Oh my.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:10 am

It's politics. Every political leaning is guilty of pulling that shit.
I suppose you don't really mind when you agree with it though, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 am

Conservatives hate people in the same way Muslims hate freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:12 am

Samhraí wrote:And you honestly think that is a trait unique to "conservatives"?
Oh my.

No, I actually just linked you to a real treasure trove of scientific research which has concluded that simplifying complex issues is a hallmark of conservative thinking. Scared of the truth? (You just might be a conservative!)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:13 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Oh my.

No, I actually just linked you to a real treasure trove of scientific research which has concluded that simplifying complex issues is a hallmark of conservative thinking. Scared of the truth? (You just might be a conservative!)

Ah yes, a shitty obscure blog is surely the culmination of all objective human knowledge.
When it confirms to your opinions of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:17 am

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Oh my.

Ah yes, a shitty obscure blog is surely the culmination of all objective human knowledge.

Did you look at the links to the scientific studies?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

What do the studies say then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 3:23 am

Samhraí wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

"There is both survey and content analytic evidence that liberals rely on more integratively complex cognitive strategies in reaching policy conclusions than do conservatives."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:27 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

"There is both survey and content analytic evidence that liberals rely on more integratively complex cognitive strategies in reaching policy conclusions than do conservatives."

Elaborate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 22, 2014 3:34 am

What does that mean, Sambrai? Sounds like you are hesitant to engage your own ideas.

Strawman...Man of Steel...Green Hornet......don't be coy. Give us your thoughts.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:43 am

Original Quill wrote:What does that mean, Sambrai?  Sounds like you are hesitant to engage your own ideas.

Strawman...Man of Steel...Green Hornet......don't be coy.  Give us your thoughts.

My issue is with saying that conservatives hate "people".
There is absolutely nothing in conservatism, regardless of context, that hints at misanthropy.

You could argue that some conservatives hate gays or that some conservatives hate women and I could understand where you're coming from but to say that conservatives hate people is just stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 22, 2014 3:56 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually Samhrai, scapegoating is a big part of conservatism and always has been -- especially for cultural conservatives. You take a complex problem, blame it on someone you don't like and then you can feel better by bashing them and not all confused by having to contemplate the complexity.

I'm frequently brought back to what John Stuart Mill said: I never said that all conservatives are stupid; what I said is all stupid people are conservative. While certain conservatives are capable of strategic thinking, a large portion of them are not capable of dealing with complex issues.

But conservatives do have a leadership cadre that leads them by the rings in their noses, so to speak, and stirs them up in these games.

One think of which I am convinced...there is no bi-laterality between the parties. They are not the same. Not only are they a different brand, but they are a different species. So it makes no sense to say, they all do it...whatever 'it' is. They don't behave the same at all. While liberals are independent thinkers, conservatives are huge followers.

Right now they are following this anti-human theme.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:58 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually Samhrai, scapegoating is a big part of conservatism and always has been -- especially for cultural conservatives. You take a complex problem, blame it on someone you don't like and then you can feel better by bashing them and not all confused by having to contemplate the complexity.

I'm frequently brought back to what John Stuart Mill said: I never said that all conservatives are stupid; what I said is all stupid people are conservative.  While certain conservatives are capable of strategic thinking, a large portion of them are not capable of dealing with complex issues.

But conservatives do have a leadership cadre that leads them by the rings in their noses, so to speak, and stirs them up in these games.

One think of which I am convinced...there is no bi-laterality between the parties.  They are not the same.  Not only are they a different brand, but they are a different species.  So it makes no sense to say, they all do it...whatever 'it' is.  They don't behave the same at all.  While liberals are independent thinkers, conservatives are huge followers.

Right now they are following this anti-human theme.

My crowd are the free thinkers while THEY are the sheep, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 4:51 am

Samhraí wrote:
Original Quill wrote:What does that mean, Sambrai?  Sounds like you are hesitant to engage your own ideas.

Strawman...Man of Steel...Green Hornet......don't be coy.  Give us your thoughts.

There is absolutely nothing in conservatism, regardless of context, that hints at misanthropy.

You could argue that some conservatives hate gays or that some conservatives hate women and I could understand where you're coming from but to say that conservatives hate people is just stupid.

Come on, man. Tell me a group that liberals hate the way conservatives hate MASSIVE groups of people from minorities to gays to people of different religions.

Tell me a liberal equivalent to the T-shirt conservatives like to wear over here -- "I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11." Do you see liberals wearing T-shirts that read, "I learned everything I need to know about Christianity from the Oklahoma City bombing"?

We're not talking about one group being all good and the other being all bad, but just because we can't divide them into absolutes doesn't mean one can't be worse than the other, right?

You talked about some of Gandhi's flaws but we can agree that he was a far better person than Ted Bundy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 am

Samhraí wrote:

BULLSHIT
one of their core tenants is to grant Corporations the same rights as Living Breathing Human beings.. that is the definition of misanthropy!!!!

UMM also Gays and Women ARE PEOPLE so they Hate PEOPLE that differ from themselves.

Like Ben said show me the Tshirt that says " I learnt everything I need to know about Irish Catholics from the IRA"

Why do conservatives hate people? Learned-everything-islam-MODEL
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 22, 2014 5:41 am

@Samhrai
Actually Think about it, LW is based of politics of Kindness and Can be Naive to that extent. RW is based on politics of Fear and can be Hateful to that extent.

Both are ways to rally people , LW is optimism in the goodness of other people, in economic stability, in change and progress.
RW is pessimism other races/religion is bad/evil, all unemployed are thieves, poor are thieves, Change will ruin your Life/Country.

In a more intelligent world, RW and LW would not be an all encompassing Political divide. In truth they should JUST be about the economic position, regarding 'the ownership of the means of production'. this does have logical follow ons that if you believe the means of production should be help in private hands then you probably also believe in Minimum gov't intervention so probably don't believe in strong Public Health or Education (since you believe they should be in Private hands, that one assumes you also believe are 'better' than the Public hands)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 22, 2014 6:06 am

Well put veya, and I would add that anybody who thinks the private sector is always better than the public sector should look at the prices Halliburton charged the U.S. taxpayer to wash a load of laundry.

There are things the public sector is good at and things the private sector is good at. The public sector is good at things like keeping Stephen Hawking alive, while the private sector is good at making cars and smartphones and TVs.

The problem with conservatives is that they don't just limit themselves to economic matters -- something they can be right on at times -- but extend themselves to trying to use the force of government to dictate how others live their lives. I don't have a problem with someone being a Christian and getting into a heterosexual marriage and living in a nice suburban home with a dog and 2.5 kids. If that makes a person happy, I say let them go for it.

But if it makes another person happy to be an atheist, marry someone of the same sex, live in a city and smoke pot in their free time, I also think they should be allowed to go for it -- but conservatives demonize people like that.

If conservatives would just stop trying to control other people's lives, they might be more popular, but they get in the way of that little thing called "the pursuit of happiness" and that pisses a lot of people off.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 22, 2014 8:00 am

How about trying this link?

http://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:03 am

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 22, 2014 8:36 am

eddie wrote:How about trying this link?

http://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Yeah the answers are in the other thread like 83 for labour 81 for lib dems  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Oh my.

Complicating simple issues is the hallmark of a leftie.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 10:53 am

I don't understand why people hate each other so much anyway but boy do the Conservatives excel at it. They thrive on disdain.I have always thought of them as almost not human and deeply narcissistic.

Isn't compassion a natural human instinct? If so why don't the Tories possess any?

I can't speak for the conservatives in America but here they are attempting to adopt a more human approach by legalising gay marriage.The rest of their policies are devoid of common sense and compassion but that one I agreed with. And what happened? Outrage that gay people be allowed to marry,(they cause all the inclement weather don't you know) and now the hard right are abandoning the Tories for UKIP. They are not happy unless they are hating people different to themselves.They are terrified of anything different.

I actually think they may be quite mad.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 11:10 am

The lefties over here believe in big authoritarian state controlling every aspect of our lives at enormous cost so then follows massive tax hikes and huge borrowing, causing even more costs, so then either even more tax rises or cuts in public services or a never ending spiral of borrowing.

The gap between rich and poor rose massively during the last 13 years of labour govt.

They also presided over the rise in two specific private companies taking over large parts of The public sector, namely Serco and G4S. And also very keen on privatisation of our NHS and rail network as well as trying to sell off our mail service as far back as 2001.

Some people say 'new' labour was too right, and others say conservatives have been too left.

BOTH is true, and what we have been left with is two choices that are more or less exactly the same And resulting in an absence of any real choice and an illusion of democracy.

Until now............. VOTE UKIP TODAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Thu May 22, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The lefties over here believe in big authoritarian state controlling every aspect of our lives at enormous cost so then follower massive tax pipes and huge borrowing.

The gap between rich and poor rose massively during the last 13 years of labour govt.

They also presided over the rise in two specific private companies taking over large parts of The public sector, namely Serco and G4S. And also very keen on privatisation of our NHS and rail network as well as trying to sell off our mail service as far back as 2001.

Some people say 'new' labour was too right, and others say conservatives have been too left.

BOTH is true, and what we have been left with is two choices that are more or less exactly the same And resulting in an absence of any real choice and an illusion of democracy.

Until now............. VOTE GREENS TODAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Fixed it for you  Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 11:20 am

The greens over here also believe in big authoritarian state controlling every aspect of our lives at enormous cost so then follows massive tax hikes and huge borrowing, causing even more costs, so then either even more tax rises or cuts in public services or a never ending spiral of borrowing.

Vote UKIP TODAY people!!!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:27 am

No they don't, huge authoritarian state - the Greens - you are off you rocker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The lefties over here believe in big authoritarian state controlling every aspect of our lives at enormous cost so then follows massive tax hikes and huge borrowing, causing even more costs, so then either even more tax rises or cuts in public services or a never ending spiral of borrowing.

As you state New Labour is not a proper LW party,they are to the right just not extremist to the right.I am fed of voting for the best of a bad bunch,I want a proper LW party to vote for which actually cares about people.

UKIP do not care about people...they use fear mongering tactics and manipulate the base hatred that exists in people's hearts
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 22, 2014 11:42 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The lefties over here believe in big authoritarian state controlling every aspect of our lives at enormous cost so then follows massive tax hikes and huge borrowing, causing even more costs, so then either even more tax rises or cuts in public services or a never ending spiral of borrowing.

As you state New Labour is not a proper LW party,they are to the right just not extremist to the right.I am fed of voting for the best of a bad bunch,I want a proper LW party to vote for which actually cares about people.

UKIP do not care about people...they use fear mongering tactics and manipulate the base hatred that exists in people's hearts

The trouble is that a "proper LW party" will still only care about some people and not others. It's the same with most parties. UKIP cares about British people - or claims to anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 11:56 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

The trouble is that a "proper LW party" will still only care about some people and not others. It's the same with most parties. UKIP cares about British people - or claims to anyway.

No,they would care about everyone just they would actually have compassion for the vulnerable in society.

I want a party that would help those in poverty,and I mean ACTUALLY help,put money into it,assist the homeless. I have never understood how we consider ourselves a civilised society when we have people sleeping rough on the streets. All this nonsense about spare bedrooms and nasty job stealing immigrants when there are helpless people DYING on the streets,children living in poverty.

I just want to shake those with a RW agenda sometimes.All this petty squabbling while people who really are desperately in need go ignored.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 12:00 pm

All you need to remember is that labour Tory and lib dems are all the same because they are controlled by the EU dictatorship.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 12:02 pm

And Fluff, any homeless person can go to local council and get put up in emergency temporary accommodation.

You have to remember that many of these 'homeless' people are not all they appear to be.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624241/Beggars-belief-Scrounger-lay-doorways-PRETENDING-homeless-caught-living-230-000-village-home.html

Professional beggars!!!!!

Quick to take advantage of others kindness and good nature!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And Fluff, any homeless person can go to local council and get put up in emergency temporary accommodation.

You have to remember that many of these 'homeless' people are not all they appear to be.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624241/Beggars-belief-Scrounger-lay-doorways-PRETENDING-homeless-caught-living-230-000-village-home.html

...do you mean all of them or some of them Tommy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 12:38 pm

I said many..... and also that any homeless person can go to local council and get put up in emergency temporary accommodation.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And Fluff, any homeless person can go to local council and get put up in emergency temporary accommodation.

So one story is proof now that all homeless are professional beggars..

An example of extreme stupidity by Matti again

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Lots of examples out there.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 22, 2014 7:50 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No,they would care about everyone just they would actually have compassion for the vulnerable in society.

I want a party that would help those in poverty,and I mean ACTUALLY help,put money into it,assist the homeless. I have never understood how we consider ourselves a civilised society when we have people sleeping rough on the streets. All  this nonsense about spare bedrooms and nasty job stealing immigrants when there are helpless people DYING on the streets,children living in poverty.

I just want to shake those with a RW agenda sometimes.All this petty squabbling while people who really are desperately in need go ignored.

I'm with you 100%, Fluff.  It's not at all difficult to take care of people.

Nor is it particularly expensive, as you claim Tommy.  Look, both Tories/Republicans and the liberals (Labour and Democrats) have their drains on government resources.  Look at the concessions the Oil companies get.  How about the free ride that big agri-business gets in America.  Look at Haliburton, as veya says.  The RW has a much bigger welfare program for itself, than the  poor guys on the street.  It's just that they don't even recognize it as such...even as they villify the individuals who are poor.

Believe me, there is more beauty in a lone man walking, than all the staturary you see from big corporations in, say, their TV ads, etc.

Now, as for which party stands for efficiency, I cannot imagine an entity that has profit as its motive not being more expensive in the long run.  Profit is one of the four economic modes: labour, capital, which yields profit, land and entrepreneurship.  Not only that, it is the most  demanding part of production.  Profiteering never relents.  Look at the pharm industry...making so much on your very heart attack, FGS.  Profit is the first thing that should go.

Yet, here we are still arguing over privatization.  There's no question that privatization will seek to demand the most for profit...and ruthlessly so.  Again, look at  the pharma industry.  Social ownership eliminates that selfish bugger, and get to the point of production after all...meaningful advancement for people.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I said many..... and also that any homeless person can go to local council and get put up in emergency temporary accommodation.

Tommy,if you saw the programme 'How to get a council house' on Channel 4 recently you would know this is not the case.

Single adults without dependents are given no help and literally told there is nothing that can be done.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 10:21 pm

If there weren't so many council places given to foreigners then there wouldn't be so much of a shortage of places for UK people.

But like I said any homeless person can go to council and get temp emergency accommodation.

The council also provide what is called a deposit bond for private landlords housing whereby it acts as a promise of payment of any damages etc up to about 600 quid to help people get into a rented place.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:If there weren't so many council places given to foreigners then there wouldn't be so much of a shortage of places for UK people.

But like I said any homeless person can go to council and get temp emergency accommodation.

The council also provide what is called a deposit bond for private landlords housing whereby it acts as a promise of payment of any damages etc up to about 600 quid to help people get into a rented place.

A homeless single person GETS NO HELP, NO TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION, NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH.

And Who can apply for help with a tenancy deposit?

Different schemes have different rules on who can apply. Schemes run by local councils often provide help to families who are homeless and in priority need.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/private_renting/costs_of_renting/rent_deposit_and_bond_schemes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 11:56 pm

A homeless single white British male gets the least help.

Although a council deposit bond is available to give to landlord as form of deposit instead of cash.

Bed sits (rooms in shared house) are easy to come by.

And everybody knows somebody who could put them up for a few days or couple weeks or so on couch or even sleeping on floor etc.

Homelessness is not a recent intention since Tory been in govt.

And let's not forget the annual housing benefit bill had doubled under labour to about 20 billion. Paid to house people who would otherwise be homeless, so don't pretend getting a roof over your head is not provided.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 12:04 am

You are truly nuts, bolts and bloody spanners. Don't pretend a roof over your head is not provided!!!!!!!!!!! Borrow a brain cell do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 23, 2014 12:42 am

Again you are obviously stunned by the logic and facts and can't argue rationally against it so just curl up into a ball of denial.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 23, 2014 7:13 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Again you are obviously stunned by the logic and facts and can't argue rationally against it so just curl up into a ball of denial.

I think you need to man up and be a true conservative like we have in the States, where homelessness is increasingly declared illegal Smile

Everybody can see where your ideology leads -- sorry, but it's a connected world we live in these days ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 23, 2014 7:31 am

The last labour govt were happy to pay out up to £100,000 A year of taxpayers money to house some unemployed people into luxury, while allowing others to sleep rough in shop door ways.

You tell me if this was a good use of tax money..... or whether it could have been better used to house many in regular accommodation?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next