NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after threats to burn it down

+9
Cass
veya_victaous
harvesmom
Irn Bru
Raggamuffin
gerber
Fred
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 Empty Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after threats to burn it down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 11:27 am

First topic message reminder :

A chip shop owner has removed a ‘racist’ banner boasting that the business now had ‘English owners’, after his predecessor received threats to burn it down.

Previous owner Paul Bradbury - who put the sign up at The Chippy on the Green in Padiham, Lancashire, after taking it over last August - has gone back to Liverpool with his wife Rachel after shutting up shop.  

The couple had put a banner outside which said ‘Under new management with English owners’ - but Mr Bradbury said that he received two threatening phone calls from people calling him racist. They left the shop and moved away from the area earlier this year - and new owner Sotos Orfanides has now adapted the sign to read ‘Under new management with English meals’.  He said: ‘I don’t think the original sign was racist, but there was a big thing about it being racist. No one is racist in this shop. They were English and they were serving some English food. ‘I changed the sign because people were calling and threatening to burn the shop down.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2629054/Chip-shop-owner-forced-remove-racist-sign-boasting-business-English-owners.html#ixzz31mKPa5L6

Back to top Go down

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 Empty Re: Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after threats to burn it down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 5:22 pm

The chip man is English, both nationality and ethnically, there is nothing wrong with him saying his shop is new management and English owned.

Seems that every other ethnicity on earth can claim loudly to be English, except the ethnically English.....!!!

All in the name of equality mind...... how very progressive!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 Empty Re: Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after threats to burn it down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Bless, this man was an idiot, who insults the tolerant, progressive English identity and name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Seems every other ethnicity on earth can claim loudly and proudly that they are English as well as proclaiming their own ethnicity and origin.

But an English man can't put up a new management and English owned sign because it's somehow racist...!?

We know who the real racists are!

And they are the anti white English/British racists!!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Seems every other ethnicity on earth can claim loudly and proudly that they are English as well as proclaiming their own ethnicity and origin.

But an English man can't put up a new management and English owned sign because it's somehow racist...!?

We know who the real racists are!

And they are the anti white English/British racists!!!!

See, who brought skin colour into the equation?

Only a racist

I am proud to be English, my skin colour is of no consequence as we are all one biological race, even more so that most people defined with white skin do their utmost to darken it every summer, showing how little it means to them to look what you define as white. Or the fact we all descend from people who are classed as black anyway, making your view points absurd
You see you expose your racism by bringing into the debate the colour of skin, where none was spoken of, showing you also do not recognise people as English if they are of darker skin, showing you hold the same racist views he does. 

The proudest identity that the English have, is their tolerant progressive moralities, how they are leaps and bounds in front of other nations showing the way to equality, that is something very proud of to be and why I am proud to call myself English

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Actually it was JD who brought skin colour into it by going on about a black player scoring a goal for England.

You also loudly and proudly go on about being Irish and Sicilian, and also how English you are.

If everybody is so 'English', then why is it only a problem if a white ethnically English person proclaims their business is English owned?

And your theory about all being descended from blacks is disputed.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Actually it was JD who brought skin colour into it by going on about a black player scoring a goal for England.

You also loudly and proudly go on about being Irish and Sicilian, and also how English you are.

If everybody is so 'English', then why is it only a problem if a white ethnically English person proclaims their business is English owned?

And your theory about all being descended from blacks is disputed.

Americans go on about how proud they are to be American and also of say Irish ethnicity, so what, the whole English ethnicity is made up of multiple ethnicity, showing your view point is absurd.
No you brought up the point of skin colour in the debate with me, you were not debating Joy, so that is a copout answer again  to your racist views where you do not recognise people who are not as what is defined as white as British or English based on skin colour, even though as seen you can be American, whether as defined black or white.
Showing your view point is absurd, again even more so when so many what you class as white people do not even want to look white and feel they actually look and feel better with darker skin

Odd that eh, I guess you must think all people who tan up must be racists to the English Matti and they dishonor you by wanting to have dark skin.

This also answers your question on why the owner was wrong, as the previous owners were English also and as seen you connect skin colour to this last point again on English., as bad as he is with poor views

Being English is about recognising our past and wrongs done, celebrating the many goods, being proud of our history, with being able to condemn the bad parts, but very proud of the good, loving your nation and being proud how great the English people are that they lead the way in equality.
Now that is something to be very proud of, sadly we still have some idiots that wish to live in a past and sadly cannot progress and evolve like many other great English people

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Yeah, JD did bring it up as shown.

And an American might say English American too.

Because English is an ethnicity in its own right.

It is not wrong for an English person to put up a sign saying their business is English owned.

With all these different ethnicities claiming to be English, why is it only a problem if a white ethnically English person says it?????
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Yeah, JD did bring it up as shown.

And an American might say English American, or African American.

Because English is an ethnicity in its own right.

It is not msnmg for an English person to put up a sign saying their business is English owned.

With all these different ethnicitgdp claiming to be English, why is it only a problem if a white ethnically English person says it?????

See Americans proud to be both, well done, so I and many others can do the same, being as my Irish ethnicity stems back to England anyway.
English is an ethnicity, made up of multiple ethnicity and you brought it up and the debate with me on skin colour, JD did not reply to anyone in particular, you did, so poor excuse again

I love you again ignore all my points and we know why, because you have no answer ha ha

What you should be asking is why he thinks he needs to say so, when there is no need to define he is English and I am using your absurd logic as why he has no reason to.

Think about it.

Lets see if you have a brain to figure out the last point, using your own illogical views

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 6:27 pm

So with all these different ethnithities claiming loudly and proudly to be English, why is it racist for an English person to put a sign up saying their business is English owned?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So with all these different ethnithities claiming loudly and proudly to be English, why is it racist for an English person to put a sign up saying their business is English owned?

I knew you would avoid my last point like the plague, as you do with all my points ha ha

Here is a picture Matti, do you think this person looks English?

This should be fun... ::D:: 

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 Article-2629054-1DDB9D7C00000578-756_634x422

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Point is dodge, whether or not he needed to put up the sign is irrelevant, he wanted to do it and was doing nothing wrong in doing so.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Point is dodge, whether or not he needed to put up the sign is irrelevant, he wanted to do it and was doing nothing wrong in doing so.

Avoiding the questions again, ha ha ha ha.

Love how you have back tracked on your arguments to why he should to now it is all irrelevant ha ha ha ha.

::D:: 

No copouts, answer the question, does this person look English?

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 Article-2629054-1DDB9D7C00000578-756_634x422

Talk about the fish are really biting today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Does mo Farrah look English?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Does mo Farrah look English?

I have no idea, why not you tell me Matti?

Does he look English?

Does this person look English?

What is that Elvis song which relates to Mati, oh yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Who's in the wrong here dodge?

A business owner putting up a sign saying new management and English owners?

Or people hating and making threats against him because he dared to identify himself as English?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Who's in the wrong here dodge?

A business owner putting up a sign saying new management and English owners?

Or people hating and making threats against him because he dared to identify himself as English?

Seriously, Matti stops and thinks, cannot find an answer then tries poorly to divert away from answering the questions.

PMSL and really was on the floor laughing

I am trying to help you understand your latest points by a demonstration, so all you need to do is answer the question and the truth will set you free

Does this person look English?

The next song dedicated to Matti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Samhraí wrote:He looks pretty British to me.

How so buddy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Samhraí wrote:Phenotype.

So all English people, sorry British people look and have his trait, including those who are Irish?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Samhraí wrote:Phenotype.

So all English people, sorry British people look and have his trait, including those who are Irish?

Where did I imply that genetic diversity doesn't exist?
I'm simply saying I would be comfortable guessing he was British.

Also, yes, I have noticed common physical traits among people of my own ethnicity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Didge wrote:

Where did I imply that genetic diversity doesn't exist?
I'm simply saying I would be comfortable guessing he was British.

Also, yes, I have noticed common physical traits among people of my own ethnicity.

Where did I imply anything on genetic diversity?
You did.
Great you feel comfortable guessing, happy at that, but how did you come to that guess?
Guesses are made off reasonable conclusions, so you must have some view to how and what British people look like, as we are going off just a picture?
You must therefore hold a view what a British person looks like to guess what one does look like surely? 

So you have noticed some similar traits, excellent, any found in other ethnic groups as well or are they completely unique to Irish on physical looks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Hmmmmmmmm.
I wonder what part of the world that this person traces their ancestry from

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 JPbQpS0

There is absolutely no way of knowing I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Samhraí wrote:Hmmmmmmmm.

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 JPbQpS0

No idea, why not tell me which country?

How about this one?

Chip shop owner forced to remove a 'racist' sign boasting that his business now had 'English owners' after  threats to burn it down - Page 5 2Q==

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:12 pm

My point is different groups will have certain physical and genetic traits more common than others and you can usually see that in the phenotype.
That doesn't mean everyone from a certain country will look the same or that certain genes are unique to a certain country.

GENETICS, MOTHERFUCKER:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0224_040225_evolution.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Didge wrote:
Samhraí wrote:Hmmmmmmmm.

No idea

I'm sorry but I'm not going to bother with this argument if you're just going to be intentionally difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 pm

By the way I didn't say which country, I said which part of the world.
You can clearly see he's from the Orient.

In case you misunderstood me.

Also, he's the Japanese Emperor, since you asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Samhraí wrote:My point is different groups will have certain physical and genetic traits more common than others and you can usually see that in the phenotype.
That doesn't mean everyone from a certain country will look the same or that certain genes are unique to a certain country.

GENETICS, MOTHERFUCKER:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0224_040225_evolution.html

Calm down laddie, you are out of your depth on this, you have to understand what you Google and here you do not.

I am asking you a simple question.

How do you know what country a person comes from just by looking at physical appearance?

You cannot, you can guess based off perceptions you yourself will hold onto what a person from a country looks like, the same for everyone. Thus you really do not know what a British person looks like, because it can be many people who you would not picture as looking like one. Thus your view of what someone from a country looks like is your own perception.
People do share traits but they also differ to others.

So again people can only guess.

And a guess is not knowing what nationality someone has.

Starting to get the point mate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:37 pm

didge doesn't it bother you that people lose the will to live when debating with you ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:didge doesn't it bother you that people lose the will to live when debating with you ?

Not really, it shows and proves that really some have no answer, if you have strong convictions you have no problem proving your point and backing it, this is lost though as seen when again the focus is on me or any poster and not the points at hand. I will add, I lose and my arguments fail when I focus more on the poster than the points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 9:57 pm

well i don't see it like that didge i just think people get bored lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 10:03 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:well i don't see it like that didge i just think people get bored lol

That is your view, but if you have good arguments, it shows those people claiming to be bored do not.

Have good evening, better to debate my points than focus on me.

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5