NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week

+9
David
veya_victaous
Cass
Stephenmarra
Irn Bru
Lurker
Raggamuffin
SEXY MAMA
Ben Reilly
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 Empty Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

... as I'm taking a quick trip up to Colorado, a little time off. I'll probably check in from time to time, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 15, 2014 4:28 am

http://www.news.com.au/technology/spider-photobombs-selfie-girls-go-wild-everything-goes-blurry/story-e6frfrnr-1226918736534

THESE girls were just trying to take a cosy little selfie when a spider tried to get in on the act. Watch the chaos that ensues as they become aware of the vile crawly presence just centimetres from their youthful faces.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 8:04 am

veya_victaous wrote:http://www.news.com.au/technology/spider-photobombs-selfie-girls-go-wild-everything-goes-blurry/story-e6frfrnr-1226918736534

THESE girls were just trying to take a cosy little selfie when a spider tried to get in on the act. Watch the chaos that ensues as they become aware of the vile crawly presence just centimetres from their youthful faces.

Oooh dat was a scary one
I would have needed therapy after that
  pale 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 8:09 am

Lurker wrote:Don't expect me to change their nappies while you are gone, Ben. Wink

Didn't think you could change your nappy Burker - you useless plonker.

Can't wipe your own arse can you, hence why you wear one.

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:... as I'm taking a quick trip up to Colorado, a little time off. I'll probably check in from time to time, though.

Have fun Ben. We will try to keep the bloodshed below the Apocalypse level.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu May 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cass wrote:
So far just a few roaches.....barf....and one scorpion inside......we get indoors done twice a year....but 2 weeks ago saw a tarantula on the driveway.....would've git the car out and run over the bugger but was too scare to do that. Ive seen the cobwebs ...from a distance.....work colleague git bitten by a scorpion when she dried her face on a towel in her bathroom!!!!!!!! But they didn't get their house done.
Sad   TARANTULAS are not only a harmless spider, but are sold in many pet shops over there...

I see spiders, I pick them up and relocate them into the garden..
I encourage spiders to forage among the fruit trees and vege's..
DESPITE Oz's reputation as the world's spider capital, there's only 4 or 5 sp. that I kill.

Getting pest control in 4 times a year is INSANITY !!!
EVEN with the relatively mild poisons used today, cancer risks will still be increasing with multiple applications..   bom

So what! I may die young but at least I can sleep at night :p
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu May 15, 2014 3:04 pm

jaded fox wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:... as I'm taking a quick trip up to Colorado, a little time off. I'll probably check in from time to time, though.

Have fun Ben. We will try to keep the bloodshed below the Apocalypse level.

Lol Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi! MOUNTAINS!!! Gotta go to there Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu May 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hi! MOUNTAINS!!! Gotta go to there Smile

Are you Rocky Mountain High yet?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi Ben are you there yet?  lol! 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Hope you are enjoying yourself Ben.

x

::ftlcheer:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Nems wrote:Bloody hell they made me jump!

Me no likey

same here horrible things

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Five months of us and Ben runs off and hides in a mountain.

I know it's wrong to find this funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 16, 2014 8:20 pm

lovedust wrote:

instead of Coors beer adverts I keep seeing it more as The Sound of Music scenario Smile
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Cass wrote:
lovedust wrote:

instead of Coors beer adverts I keep seeing it more as The Sound of Music scenario Smile

LOL Hilarious lol! 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 18, 2014 2:52 am

Hola amigos! I'm back, got some business to attend to and really just skimmed this thread, but thanks for all the well wishes and it was fantastic.

Yesterday I went on a drive that started as a sunny 70-degree (F) day. 14 miles later I'd ascended nearly three miles above sea level, the temperature had dropped to just just above freezing and it began to snow. I looked down at the peaks of mountains I had been looking up at on the way.

Here's a photo I took at the lowest point, down near the reservoir:

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 20140516_134355_zpsf2213859

Ah ... nature. It was fantastic, I'd never seen anything like it and I highly suggesting going to the nearest really big mountain (Pike's Peak in the above photo is over 14,000 feet) if you haven't either.

Also, of course, took my first dozen or so perfectly legal inhalations of weed ... that was cool. Met some great people, had some great meals, I could jump up and down talking about the great time I had.

OK, some catching up to do now ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun May 18, 2014 2:57 am

glad you had a marvellous time! welcome back, you were missed blah blah blah....

Smile

so glad (and jealous) about your rocky mountain high.....

now to the important stuff.....did you bring me anything?

xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 18, 2014 2:59 am

Cass wrote:glad you had a marvellous time! welcome back, you were missed blah blah blah....

Smile

xx

I found this really cool rock in the Rockies (get it?) but I think I'm going to keep it  lol! 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun May 18, 2014 3:05 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:glad you had a marvellous time! welcome back, you were missed blah blah blah....

Smile

xx

I found this really cool rock in the Rockies (get it?) but I think I'm going to keep it  lol! 

Pfft that's you off the crimbo cookie list then.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Hey Ben..good to see you back , hope you had a nice time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Cass wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Good lord... do you remove the Huntsmen spiders (who knows how) or do you... sleep in the room with them?

And there is why I will never go to Australia ...along with snakes, box jellyfish, saltwater crocs., sharks and a whole bunch if other icky things!

I cant believe I did!
Australian spiders are big scary buggers
the ones that arent are little scary buggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 19, 2014 3:30 am

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

And there is why I will never go to Australia ...along with snakes, box jellyfish, saltwater crocs., sharks and a whole bunch if other icky things!

I cant believe I did!
Australian spiders are big scary buggers
the ones that arent are little scary buggers

you are cruel....now I have to go throw up.

ok admit to being a teensy bit jealous x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
lovedust wrote:
Good lord... do you remove the Huntsmen spiders (who knows how) or do you... sleep in the room with them?
 Cool 
NOT ONLY do we Aussies encourage and welcome Huntsman spiders inside our homes; but often we also have them hitching rides in our cars...
P.S. NOT ONLY are the N. American Tarantulas perfectly harmless as I pointed out last week, and are even sold as pets ~ but the equally harmless South American Tarantulas, and the related spp. the Australian Tarantula of FNQ and New Guinea (the 'Bird Eating Spider') are also quite harmless..
EVEN IF some can grow as big as my hand.  tongue 

and my reply to yer P.S. is So? and your point being???? I don't call scaring you to death being harmless....I bet you wrestle crocs fer fun...Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Cass wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
 Cool 
NOT ONLY do we Aussies encourage and welcome Huntsman spiders inside our homes; but often we also have them hitching rides in our cars...
P.S. NOT ONLY are the N. American Tarantulas perfectly harmless as I pointed out last week, and are even sold as pets ~ but the equally harmless South American Tarantulas, and the related spp. the Australian Tarantula of FNQ and New Guinea (the 'Bird Eating Spider') are also quite harmless..
EVEN IF some can grow as big as my hand.    tongue 

and my reply to yer P.S. is So? and your point being???? I don't call scaring you to death being harmless....I bet you wrestle crocs fer fun...Cool

Hi Me Lady

I quite like spiders myself, out of interest would you ever attempt to overcome that fear, as I think it is beneficial for people to try. My younger sister was petrified of snakes to the point she could not even look at a picture without freaking out. She now can hold them, showing it does benefit to try and overcome such fears.
Not knocking just think some inner fear arise when younger, most kids are fearless on many things until a certain age, so it would be interesting to know how these fears first started, may help break that fear.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:
Hi Me Lady
I quite like spiders myself, out of interest would you ever attempt to overcome that fear, as I think it is beneficial for people to try. My younger sister was petrified of snakes to the point she could not even look at a picture without freaking out. She now can hold them, showing it does benefit to try and overcome such fears.
Not knocking just think some inner fear arise when younger, most kids are fearless on many things until a certain age, so it would be interesting to know how these fears first started, may help break that fear.
x

You are speaking to a gal that gets freaked out by butterflies and moths .....seriously ....I can deal with normal small house spiders and lizards don't bother me at all but beyond that no thank you.....and there is no way in hell I would ever do aversion therapy.....I have a truce with the spiders - if they stay away from me I will stay away from them. of douse if they invade my borders then all bets are off and I am allowed to go nuclear as well as conventional. x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:
Hi Me Lady
x

You are speaking to a gal that gets freaked out by butterflies and moths .....seriously ....I can deal with normal small house spiders and lizards don't bother me at all but beyond that no thank you.....and there is no way in hell I would ever do aversion therapy.....I have a truce with the spiders - if they stay away from me I will stay away from them. of douse if they invade my borders then all bets are off and I am allowed to go nuclear as well as conventional. x

Fair enough me Lady.
Just think it helps to overcome fears.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

Fair enough me Lady.
Just think it helps to overcome fears.

x

I hear you and I am good about flying but the dentist and other creepy crawlies that can cause you intense pain? nope, nada, fuggedabbotit. I will go to me grave being like that but hey I'm good with it. glad it helped your sis though x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hola amigos! I'm back, got some business to attend to and really just skimmed this thread, but thanks for all the well wishes and it was fantastic.

Yesterday I went on a drive that started as a sunny 70-degree (F) day. 14 miles later I'd ascended nearly three miles above sea level, the temperature had dropped to just just above freezing and it began to snow. I looked down at the peaks of mountains I had been looking up at on the way.

Here's a photo I took at the lowest point, down near the reservoir:

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 20140516_134355_zpsf2213859

Ah ... nature. It was fantastic, I'd never seen anything like it and I highly suggesting going to the nearest really big mountain (Pike's Peak in the above photo is over 14,000 feet) if you haven't either.

Also, of course, took my first dozen or so perfectly legal inhalations of weed ... that was cool. Met some great people, had some great meals, I could jump up and down talking about the great time I had.

OK, some catching up to do now ... Smile

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 Welcom46Ben, looks gorgeous!  x

As for the spiders in here......Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 Scared45

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 10:51 pm

It was awesome! Here's another pic, this is a rock formation in an area known as the Garden of the Gods that is full of these massive rock formations. Hope the resolution works right; if it does, you can just make out a person climbing it that gives you an idea of how big it is:

Probably won't be on as much the rest of this week - Page 2 20140516_123900_zps496f2bf3
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2